Happ Movers Inc

Founded 1955 • With Angi since July 2002

2942 Glenview Rd

Glenview, IL 60025

Happ Movers is a family owned company built on a reputation for customer service and honest work ethic. In business for over 50 years, we owe our success to our history of excellence and customer references. As the premier moving company on the north shore, we treat every customer with courtesy and respect. We specialize in local residential and office moving as well as piano and antique moves. From the logistical planning of your move, to packing, shipping , hoisting, and problem solving, we are experienced in every stage of moving. 10 employees. No subcontractors. Charges are hourly, including travel time....

10/05/2020

Joanne B.

I Called 3 weeks ahead to schedule a piano move. Apparently the date I had selected was busy for this company. However, they found a time on the date that i needed! Called me the day before to reconfirm. Called 15 minutes prior to arrival. Very courteous. Wore masks. Moved piano to my daughter's house across town in the same suburb, took the piano up 2 short flights of stairs and placed it in position in her room. My daughter commented on how courteous the movers were on arrival at her home! Thank you for the excellent customer service!

Description of Work
move piano from ranch home to raised ranch home on other side of same suburb

Category piano moving

10/28/2019

Judith M.

This is the second time we have used Happ Movers. Our crew was Chris O., Peter, and Otis. They were fantastic. They are very professional, friendly, and very accommodating. They work very efficiently and carefully. Everything made it to the new place in perfect shape. They are my 'go-to' moving company.

Description of Work
Moving from one apt to another

07/03/2017

Jennifer S.

The crew was exceptional and we hired them to do our full move in July using the same crew of guys plus a few more.

Description of Work
Moved some of our house into storage until we move into our new home.

05/05/2017

Charmaine G.

They were incredibly efficient, careful, and friendly. Our move went faster than we expected, they didn't scratch any walls or furniture, nothing was broken or harmed, and the guys had an positive outlook throughout the move in spite of the cold rainy weather. Wish we could move more often just to be able to hire these guys again!

Description of Work
Moving to new house

04/09/2017

Colman B.

The move went very well and smoothly. In the month leading up to the move the staff answered many questions during several different phone calls always being accommodating and explaining the process thoroughly. They sent 5 men and two trucks and arrived as scheduled. One truck handled our main move while the other truck delivered various items to that we were not taking to the condo to 3 other stops (including one at Goodwill). That truck then rejoined ours at the condo to help complete the move. All employees introduced themselves as they arrived and all were available to answer questions as they proceeded to load the two trucks in a very organized manner. I We found all the staff pleasant to work with. They started with a walk-through of the house to ensure all the movers know which items were going to which location. While they worked quickly, care was taken with all the furniture and boxes. I had no "cringing" moments. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We were "downsizing" and moved from a bungalow in the city to a condo in the near north suburbs. It was our first move in over 30 years.

03/20/2017

Lisa B.

The movers did the job quickly but carefully. I can't speak as to how they would have done with a grand piano, but they did a fine job with my upright.

Description of Work
I hired Happ to move an upright piano from one end of my house to the other (no stairs, but some tricky doorways that required turning the piano on end). Estimates from other moving companies were very high.

Category moving companies,piano moving

01/02/2017

Sandra G.

That went really well. They came out and gave me a prequote. They walked around my house with me and I showed them the stuff for moving so they gave me a quote based on the value of my stuff he saw. On the move day they were right on time, they were able to get stuff out of the house that I was not sure they could get out of the house. They were very nice, very professional. I think they were really excellent. I actually ended up paying a little less than the prequote because it took them a little less time to move than they thought. I was only going across town, about 10 minutes away from my place so that helped take the price off it. I think they quoted me $1800 and it was based on the time they thought it would take for the 4-man crew and the value of my stuff. I didn't have any issues at all. I actually picked them because I have asked around and 2 people who did not know each other independently said they were great, and then I looked them up on Angie's List and they had an A rating.

Description of Work
I used Happ Movers for moving a whole house into a town home.

10/18/2016

David K.

Perfect. The movers arrived on time. They were clean and polite. The job was done quickly.

Description of Work
A heavy treadmill needed to be moved to the basement.

01/18/2016

Charmaine G.

Best move ever. From the moment I called to find out prices and set up a date, I felt like I had made the right choice. This is a family business and you definitely get the feeling that you are a valued customer. Their entire staff is professional, very friendly and straight forward. They clearly explained their pricing, they charge a rate per hour (rate depends on the number of movers you hire). The hourly rate starts from the time they leave their office in Glenview and ends when they return back to their office. That is it. There are absolutely no hidden fees. During the actual move, the guys were quick, efficient and very careful. In the past, we've sometimes had a random group of inexperienced guys handling our things, but these movers were top notch professionals. They worked quickly and carefully. We will never use another moving company!

Description of Work
They moved heavy complicated exercise equipment into our home.

05/04/2015

Jeffrey S.

Happ Movers Inc were incredibly careful and for the amount of stuff we moved they were incredibly fast.

Description of Work
I used Happ Movers Inc. They packed and moved our home.

Najera's Moving Company

STI Moving & Storage Inc

STI Moving and Storage is your one-stop-shop for professional moving and storage. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, facilities and highly trained professionals. Our mission is to deliver: dependable, worry-free moving at an affordable price throughout Metropolitan Chicago and across the Continental United States. Not only do we specialize in local and long distance moves, we also provide storage for our clients.

H2H Movers Inc

H2H Movers, a woman owned and operated business, was founded on the idea that your move should be easy and stress-free. We are the full-service moving company you can trust to take care of your belongings - and you! Here’s how we do it: Competitive prices. You’ll get high-quality, personal service at the best possible price. Accurate quotes. Expect fully transparent pricing from the very beginning. Secure and efficient process. Our entire team’s priority is making your move as smooth as possible. Our trucks are stocked with moving blankets, packing supplies, and everything else needed to protect your belongings and keep your move efficient. People-oriented. Both you and our team matter to us. We work together throughout your move, and we fully train and take care of our team so we can all take care of you! A company you can trust. We value your trust, so we lead with integrity. But don’t take it from us - check out our 500+ positive online reviews!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Ask For Details

Moving, Homes, Apartments, Offices, Piano & Organ Moving, Packing Services.

Warehousing, Out of State Moving