Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1969 • With Angi since November 2002

Family owned & operated in Glenview since 1969. We can take care of all of your heating and air needs. Call us today to become part of the Glenbrook Family! Ask us how we are different from other heating and air conditioning companies.

Amenities

All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

DIANE R.
05/08/2023
Have been working w/GH&AC for 20+ years.Old Time values that many companies lack and extensive knowledge of products and the technology that supports successful installation. GH &AC never utilizes a "one size fits all strategy." Family owned company. NO DRAMA or SURPRISES!
Description of Work
Scheduled maintenance of furnace and ac units--
Tom or Susan U.
09/07/2022
Tech arrived on time, received a text shortly before arrival, did the work, was knowledgeable, professional, explained the status of our furnace. Have used Glenbrook for many years and would recommend them.
Description of Work
Routine fall furnace check.
NEIL S.
05/21/2022
The service representative who tested the operation of our air conditioning unit was very professional, knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and informative.
Description of Work
The annual check-up of our air conditioning system.
10/22/2021
Excellent service. Nick was great and was very patient in answering my various questions. He is very professional, personable, knowledgeable and courteous. I highly recommend this company.
Description of Work
Annual Furnace Tune Up
Al B.
03/16/2021
My furnace stopped igniting and after I, myself did initial inspection, cleaned the igniter and the flame sensor and still didn't help I called for a service. The receptionist was polite, fast and accurate to put down all the details I provided. Dominique, the technician came in 2 hours. Knowledgeable, professional, accurate. He was explaining to me what he was doing. He fixed the problem, inspected the unit and made some recommendations. The price for the visit was $98 visit + $60 work = $158, which meet my expectations for a normal pricing. Thank you, I was very satisfied with the visit!
Description of Work
Furnace repair
Michael H.
01/05/2021
Very professional and courteous, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend
Description of Work
Heating/cooling
Victoria B.
12/04/2020
Nick was very prompt and professional. Did a great job.
Description of Work
Furnace cleaning and check up
RICHARD D.
11/12/2020
Excellent thoroughness and professionalism. Our technician Dominick pointed out an issue that will need attention along with a recommendation or 2.
Description of Work
Semi annual cleaning and check up
Daniel F.
09/11/2020
We’ve been using Glenbrook Heating for years and they always have been punctual and attentive. They do not ask you to waste money on unnecessary things and they are conscious of your budget.
Description of Work
Annual furnace maintenance
Nancy S.
08/31/2020
Great, they are always so responsive, knowledgeable, honest and professional
Description of Work
AC stopped working
Andrew S.
07/27/2020
They fixed it same day. A total delight every time the furnace or AC needs servicing.
Description of Work
AC unit wasn’t working
John T.
07/13/2020
The Glenbrook team came out the next morning and fixed the system quickly and at a reasonable price. Fast service, professional staff, at a reasonable price. Great firm!
Description of Work
HVAC system failure
Erin C.
06/28/2020
Glenbrook has been amazing! No matter what time I call they respond quickly. When we had a unit fail and flood the house, they were there to fix it and helped me clean up the mess. Danny is the best and I trust them to do a great job.
Description of Work
Fix AC and basic maintenance
John S.
06/01/2020
Dominic is the ultimate professional!
Description of Work
Yearly Maintenance
01/31/2020
Having not heard the sump pump cycle for over a day, I called Glenbrook Heating and Air Conditioning to see if they had someone available to take a look at it. It was a Friday morning and I was very pleased that two of the technicians, Brian and Nick, were able to come over that day. They arrived within a couple of hours of me calling and determined that the sump pump switch was starting to fail. Although they got the pump working, they recommended replacing the pump incase the switch failed again. Being a proactive company, they carry stock with them, so my sump pump was replaced instantly. I was very pleased that Brad, the owner, who I spoke to at the office and the technicians, Brian and Nick, acted so quickly in resolving the situation. Glenbrook Heating and Air Conditioning are a professional and highly responsive company and I am very pleased to be one of their customers.
Description of Work
Sump pump replaced
plumbing, wells
11/25/2019
Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning is a professional, reputable, experienced and honest company. They offer an array of HVAC services which I like as it means that I can use just one company to take care of all my HVAC needs. I set the appointment up with Jill who was both friendly and accommodating. I had a reminder text and email the day prior to the appointment and then also on the day to let me know that the technician was on his way. Brian, the technician, arrived as scheduled and got straight to work servicing our two furnaces. He was respectful, polite, knowledgeable and was very patient in answering my many questions! He also gave me some useful advice on the type of filters to buy which would be better for the furnace. Overall I am very pleased with my choice of HVAC company. Although I have only had the one appointment with them, I feel confident that they would be both responsive and reliable should a more urgent issue arise.
Description of Work
Furnaces Serviced
DIANE R.
09/20/2019
Wonderful. Dominic was highly professional. Rec's an email and telephone call indicating that he was on his way & showed up on time. Money well spent. Consistently excellent company.
Description of Work
Furnace maintenance,air filter cleaning & attic fan check-
Leon Z.
08/27/2019
We needed to move an existing compressor unit further from the house, as it had started to tilt due to erosion of the soil around our house. An older, broken, compressor was replaced and was also repositioned further from the house. Two men showed up at the arranged time. They did an excellent job. In addition to moving the one unit, they brought many bags of top soil to fill in the sloping area. We appreciated them doing this expect them doing this extra work for no additional charge. In addition, they raised up one side of a third compressor to make it level along with the other two. We were very pleased with the quality of the work and professionalism of the team. We have used Glenbrook Heating for over 15 years and are always pleased with their work and price.
Description of Work
Move one A/C compressors and replace a second unit.
Craig S.
06/14/2019
Punctual and professional. The repairman took time to answer questions and make suggestions.
Description of Work
Servicing of air conditioner
Gerald W.
06/05/2019
The technician (Dominick) came a little early but called before he came so that's fine. He did a thorough check and cleaning. Our a/c is about 17 years old so it is not as efficient as we would like but still works. Dominick gave us a ballpark figure for replacing both our a/c and furnace. We are very pleased with the service we have received from Glenbrook Heating and A/C. Thanks!!
Description of Work
Air Conditioner Cleaning/Tune up
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for taking the time to share your visit with us. We are happy that you were pleased with our services. I'm glad that Dominick was able to help you plan for the future so that you can be more prepared when the time comes to replace your heating and air conditioning system. Let us know if you have any questions. Jill Yurk
Gerald N.
01/25/2019
Excellent! I am so impressed! I have hired this team for two jobs now, and they just came out and helped with an issues with my humidifier free of charge in -1 degree weather to be sure they stood by their work. First, I had an issue with my humidifier at the beginning of last year, and they came out and serviced it along with my furnace. They got it up and working again in no time and for a reasonable price. Next, I hired them to bid on an air conditioning unit that seemed like it might be dying at the end of the summer before last. It made it through the end of the summer, and when it came time to replace it the following summer, they stood by their original price quote. They came out, and replaced the AC, which also involved replacing and reworking many vents. They were clean and efficient and competitively priced. When they did the work on the AC unit, they had to remove and re-install the humidifier because it was attached to a vent they had to change. When my humidifier didn't work this winter, I asked them to come and check it out. They came out and found that there was a broken wire to the solenoid, which was causing it to not work. They said the visit and service was free of charge because it may possibly have been caused when they re-attached the humidifier. It is totally unclear that this was something they had anything at all to do with. Yet, they stand by their work, so they made the visit free of charge. They are THE BEST!
Description of Work
Air Conditioner replacement & Humidifier service
heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We know that your time is valuable and we appreciate all of your kind words. We know that it can be hard to find a company that you can trust and are happy to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We try as best as we can to treat you and all of our customers as if they were part of our family. Take care. Jill Yurk
Rick M.
12/08/2018
Always professional....they installed both our furnace and new air conditioner.. family owned business.... very reliable and fair....nice to work with them....our whole family uses Glenbrook Heating!
Description of Work
furnace check up
Michelle D.
11/21/2018
Great, he arrived right on time, explained everything to me and left everything clean.
Description of Work
Furnace check, humidifier filter and air purifier change
Donna H.
11/12/2018
Nick thoroughly checked and cleaned the furnace. I highly recommend this company. They have been consistently professional, knowledgeable and courteous. They are also quick to respond in emergencies (my furnace failed on one of the coldest days of the year). I can rely on them.
Description of Work
Furnace checked and cleaned.
Charles B.
09/27/2018
Investigated A/C issue and found bad capacitor. Charged me $170 for capacitor which is a ~$20 part + $90 fee just to come out. I understand there is overhead for running a business and consumers won't get things at cost, but 800% markup is a little steep. Arrived on-time (slightly early) and quickly took care of issue (~30 minutes).
Description of Work
A/C Maintenance & Air Duct Guidance

Phone

2741 Brassie Dr.

Glenview, IL 60025

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

Ask for details.

Covid-19 update

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
Discover
Financing Available

FAQ

Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning is open:

Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Yes, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning offers free project estimates.

No, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning offers emergency services.

Yes, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning offers warranties.

Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning offers the following services: Residential heating & air conditioning service and installation. Installation of furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, air cleaners, humidifiers, thermostats, sump pumps and backup sump pumps.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company

Offers Coupon

Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company

At Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company, we're proud of our 40 years of service to the North Shore and look forward to helping you with your air conditioning and heating needs. We're pleased to serve both residential and commercial customers; each of our experts is prepared to help you with the sales, service, and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business. And be sure to ask Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company for a free estimate. Whether it's a new installation or routine service, our factory-trained technicians provide the expertise your comfort depends on. And at Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company, we repair all makes and models. When it comes to your family you want dependable air conditioning and heating systems that provide you with value as well as comfort. Thanks to Ireland Heating & Air Conditioning Company you can expect value and comfort.

Whether you need to have your air conditioning system completely replaced or you just need some basic heating repairs, call the friendly and professional technicians at Shavitz Heating & Air Conditioning. We value our Chicago heating and air conditioning customers and treat them like our family. We want you to be comfortable in your home. That is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime workmanship warranty. Also, if we cannot install a new AC or heating system for you in a day, our technicians will deliver a portable heater or air conditioning system so that you can stay comfortable in your home. Call our team today to schedule HVAC services in the Chicagoland area.

All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning

All Temp is one of Chicago's Award Winning heating, cooling and home comfort company. We provide top-notch sales, service, repair and maintenance at the most competitive prices. We are family-owned since 1938 with more than 85 employees and we do not use sub-contractors. Always feel free to call us with your questions or for sales and service. We provide a free in-home estimate should you need a new a/c, furnace or boiler. We can be reached at 1-800-All-Temp or 773-481-2000 for more information. We are at your service 24/7. Ask for Mike Clark, Erin Wayda or Rick Jacobs. See our website for additional service area.