Abt Electronics

Founded 1936 • With Angi since November 2002

1200 N Milwaukee Ave

Glenview, IL 60025

Abt Electronics, founded in 1936, is the largest independent, single-store appliance and electronics retailers in the country. The third-generation family run Abt Electronics provides unparalleled customer service with its team of 1,300 expert staff members at its Glenview, Ill.-based store, which

03/28/2022

Cheryl H.

Less than a year ago, we bought a GE stackable washer/dryer plus 3 year warranty from ABT. We've given them thousands of dollars of business over the past 12 years. The stackable broke and we waited through 3 service calls over a 6 week period, while spending a lot of money at local laundromats. Long waits between service appointments. While waiting for a motherboard to fix the original stacker, the dryer also stopped working. When that couldn't be fixed along with the washer and was told more parts needed to be ordered, I went into ABT customer service twice before finally able to speak with someone available in their service dept during work hours, taking off of my job. I demanded a refund from the manager, who finally said they'll try just one more service call, if that didn't work, he agreed reluctantly to replact the unit after a lot of grief from me. The new unit was installed a week later, which was also defective. It took 2+ hours to dry even a small load. After 2 more service calls and installers saying their diagnostic equipment showed no issues, I again demanded a full refund. The ABT Customer service woman argued with me on the phone for over an hour that it had to be our exhaust - it must be filled up with lint, although none of the technicians mentioned that. One tech mentioned he saw some lint on the outside vent which he cleaned off, but before the unit broke, we had no issues with drying. My handyman and I checked the whole outlet, and there was very little lint and the exhaust fan blowed strong. We took a video proving it. The very mean-spirited "Customer Service" woman argued that ABT would need GE to come out and verify that the unit was defective - she didn't know how much longer that would take. To prove me wrong, she also offered to have ABT pay a service to come and clean out my exhaust vent - again, she didn't know how much longer that would take. I was so fed up, I just told them to keep the $1600 bucks I paid for the stackable, that they've lost my business. She finally said ABT will "accomodate us this one time" by giving us a store credit. Thanks a lot ABT, you've lost a many-years-loyal customer! After a recent remodel, we just bought our new Samsung Washer/Dryer from Home Depot. Took 2 days.

Description of Work
Repair stackable washer/dryer

Category appliance repair, appliance sales, home warranty companies

11/18/2021

Frank H.

It was a great dishwasher, they did a good job, everything went smooth and fine.

Description of Work
I bought a dishwasher from them and they installed it for me.

11/11/2021

Larry .

The service was magnificent. I've got a 10 year warranty on my furnace. The have a great crew. The services are wonderful. They trained their people very well.

Description of Work
they put in a new heater

11/10/2021

Jose val L.

It was a big help and their service was excellent.

Description of Work
Installation of garage doors

Category garage doors

08/25/2020

Brian F.

They are excellent and keep records of what they have serviced. They are a little pricey but they are worth it. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They provide electronic service for our home. They connect our gaming systems to other electronics and program remote controls that make for a more user friendly system.

Category electrician

06/04/2020

Juliet H.

The work was great, they worked on removing an oven and a microwave and replaced it with 2 new ovens.

Description of Work
Installed in 2 new Ovens

10/30/2019

Gary O.

It went extremely well ! The salesman, Tom, showed me exactly what we wanted in a washer and dryer. With his help the washer and dryer were delivered to our house the next morning saving us a trip to the laundromat. The deliver men Aaron and Joe arrived exactly at the designated time. After removing some doors they quickly removed both the old washer and dryer. There was a concern that the hose from the washer would not extend far enough to the laundry tub. With some creativity that problem was easily solved. The removal of the old washer and dryer and the installation of the new washer and dryer took under an hour to complete. Abt is the only company my wife and I will buy appliances from.

Description of Work
Installation of a new washer and dryer and removal of old units

08/21/2019

Morton E Friedman F.

Estimator was not expert and had to get back to me after talking with installer about my questions. Price was high and after a week, was offered a $600 discount. But that left the price still high. I ended up contracting with a small owner operated company who could discuss my options directly with me and who did the installation at a better value than ABT. ABT also suggested an over capacity furnace, a bad idea.

Description of Work
replace furnace and central air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Yes, the estimator reached out to our HVAC installers. He needed to verify if the furnace can be vented out along with the existing hot water heater through the chimney. (as this work is outside the standard installation for the furnace). The model that was offered to the customer was comparable to the existing unit in the home. We did not suggest an over capacity furnace, the BTU was less than the one the owner originally has. A new discount promotion was available after the estimate was performed and the savings was passed along to the customer. As far as our pricing, we shop our competition on the hour so our pricing is very competitive.

08/05/2019

Charles and Kathy B.

They did tell me that I need a plug for it. I had to 300 for the plug.

Description of Work
Water Heater

Category appliance sales

We have reviewed our records and show the customer purchased a water heater 6/13/2015. However, we have no records of servicing the water heater on 2/5/2019 for this customer. We will reach out to the customer regarding this posting.

08/05/2019

Charles and Kathy B.

They sold us a fridge on Friday and we looked the review after I ordered. The reviews was back and we cancel.

Description of Work
Fridge

Category appliance sales

Our records show on Friday 8/2 an order was placed for a Samsung refrigerator. On 8/5 the customer reselected a GE refrigerator and Abt will be delivering and installing the unit on 8/12. We apologize if there is a misunderstanding with the order. We will reach out to [Member Name Removed] regarding this matter.

01/02/2019

LINDA J.

The service was excellent, they made a recommendations that we need to follow up if ever we need some work in the future.

Description of Work
They put in a furnace and replace a duct work on our attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/17/2018

William L.

Ordered double wall oven, cooktop and dishwasher. Installation went smoothly and was done in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Kitchen appliance replacement

10/29/2018

James P.

All went well and servicemen were courteous and knowledgeable and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed new washer and dryer

10/18/2018

Marion N.

Great work over the years, they put in all appliances for your home, been working with them in over 30 years close to 40 years.

Description of Work
Oven Replacement from the Manufacturer

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

10/12/2018

Laura R.

We actually called Abt over the phone and purchased a dishwasher with a salesman. We knew what we wanted, called initially to see if they had one in the floor to look at, and long story short, we were able to save a trip and bought it over the phone. We were even offered a discount to match a promotion going on in the store. The day of installation, the crew were professional, patient, and cleaned up after themselves. They hauled away our old appliance and had to do a bit of tricky plumbing to fit the new one in. I would definitely use Abt again for appliances. Their customer service was excellent.

Description of Work
Replaced dishwasher

09/01/2018

JOHN C.

The store is some distance from my home, but the drive was worth it. Abt had a fine selection and helpful salesmen. I scheduled delivery for the following Friday. That morning, I received a call that the delivery crew would be at my home in an hour, and they were. Installation went perfectly. They took away the old washer and dryer and hooked up the new ones. One of the installers took the time to explain the details and answer my questions.

Description of Work
New washing machine and dryer

03/30/2018

Don and Mary A.

Great company with a great warranty and great prices. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Appliance Sales

10/18/2017

ROY & MIRIAM D.

Totally amazing. Very professional. We were very impressed. Very friendly. Really good customer service.

Description of Work
We ordered a refrigerator over the phone to have delivered to my residence the next day.

09/27/2017

Charles K.

Excellent. They arrived as stated and did a Great job with the installation.

Description of Work
Kitchen appliances purchased and installed.

Category appliance sales, tv sales

09/06/2017

ANN C.

They told me it was under a recall and there wasn't a price. They mailed me the door.

Description of Work
They repaired our oven.

09/05/2017

ANN C.

We've bought other things from them.

Description of Work
They repaired the face to the microwave. The always match the lowest in pricing.

09/05/2017

Teralandur R.

They were very prompt and efficient. My home was kept clean and they were very responsive.

Description of Work
They replaced our hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

09/01/2017

Carey C.

They are very good. I don't know where they are out of, but its an online company and they are very good. The price wasn't bad. They were beating the other provider's who sell them. They were easy to deal with, no problem there. I am recommending them to you. I think everything. The ease of dealing, if you know what you want. You can go on there and get a price, and they will beat most everybody. The only issue is you won't get it tomorrow. Its not like you walk into the other stores, and roll it out the door then. Unless the sucker failed, you don't care. Its easy to deal with. The prices are than competitive. After you get a certain point your shipping is free, and you don't pay State sales taxes. That makes them more competitive. I got the microwave in about a week.

Description of Work
An over the stove microwave, exhaust combination kind of thing.

08/23/2017

Phyllis A G.

The installers were on time. They installed both appliances with no issues.

Description of Work
Purchased a stove and refrigerator from Abt.

08/21/2017

Katherine E.

Very professional and easy to work with. Happy with our water heater and the price.

Description of Work
New water heater and installation

Category water heater repair, appliance sales

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

A+ Appliance Repair and Maintenance

A+ Appliance Repair and Maintenance LLC is a family owned and operated appliance repair business providing top notch repair services for large kitchen and laundry appliances. We have built a reputation for providing quality appliance repair services that are fast, affordable, and complete with the utmost precision. Gone are the days of stressing over your broken appliances. You can rest easy knowing that your appliance issues will be taken care of, your problem solved and your wallet protected. So don't wait until it is too late, schedule a service call today and let us help extend the life of your appliance.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. is a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1989. We pride our selves on great service at a fair price. At A-1 all of our technicians are certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America, and we are fully bonded and insured. We are accredited members of the Better Business Bureau, members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, we hold the best of Lombard award for 2012, 2013&2014 and the best of Glen Ellyn award for 2012 .

Offers by A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. on Angi

Appliance and electronics installation and repair. Car audio/video installation and window tinting. Home and commercial custom audio and video installation. Smart home product integration. Water heater installation and general plumbing services. HVAC installation and service. Home and commercial security and alarm systems. Generator sales and installation.

Ask for details.