SPANDIKOW & SON ROOFING

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2001

350 DUANE ST

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

COMPANY'S LICENSE NO - 104-002239. Additional website www.Spandikow.net...

07/09/2019

Sue R.

Raccoons made themselves at home while we were on vacation. The damage to our roof was significant. Spandico was professional and their quote reasonable. They also found an area around our chimney that need attention and quoted this separately. We were pleased with the work done and how easy they were to deal with. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Roofing Repair

08/30/2017

Michael V.

The job was very professional - it looks great. The day after the repair, it rained heavily, and the leak is fixed.

Description of Work
We had a roof leak into the attached garage. Apparently a gap had opened up in the saddle between the house and garage.

08/17/2017

Todd M.

Excellent. Mark and the entire team were professional and easy to work with. They took their time to make sure that the job was done well and provided a great product. Plus, their attention to detail on the flashing and venting was outstanding.

Description of Work
We had a complete roof replacement, a new sun tunnel installed, and two skylights replaced.

Category roofing, skylights

07/05/2017

Bethany F.

Spandikow was very quick to respond to my email requesting a quote for a new roof. We ended up going with him because of his responsiveness and price. We put the deposit on a credit card, and there is an additional 3% fee for that, which he explained to us. There was a bit of miscommunication regarding the start date of the work, but he was apologetic and rescheduled us very quickly. His crew was on time, professional and cleaned up everything. They tore off our old roof and did our new roof in one day, which we were really impressed by! Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
New roof with a tear off of the old roof

04/11/2017

Jean H.

They showed up on time and completed the job in a day. They kept the area very clean during the process.

Description of Work
We had a slow leak in our roof. They immediately narrowed down the source to a valley that needed an ice a storm shield.

11/07/2016

ROB B.

Spandikow team was knowledgeable, professional, punctual and very helpful. Their work was top notch, and I would recommend them to anyone needing roof repair.

Description of Work
Had to patch and/or replace several problem (primarily leaking) areas of our roof -- and also had a skylight replaced...

Category roofing, chimney caps, skylights

10/23/2016

Ruth P.

He came the day after thanksgiving and fixed the problem

Description of Work
fixed leak in the new air vents that were making water go into the dining room cupboard

Category skylights

09/23/2016

P A.

Excellent work. Done professionally and timely. Reliable and honest. Clean-up was great.

Description of Work
Old two layered roof removed and replaced. Included wood repair, new vents, flashing and other services.

08/20/2016

James M.

They responded quickly to my answer questions and resolved a couple of issues I raised. Chimneys look dramatically better! We were totally satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Spandikow & Son replaced the deteriorating concrete crown on our fireplace chimney. Also power-washed black mold off and tuck-pointed as needed on both of our brick chimneys.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

04/11/2016

James M.

We'd had several differing estimates and opinions on what was causing seepage through our patio door. ;Two of our ;neighbors recommended Spandikow and Son, who gave us a clear and understandable assessment of what was needed and what we felt was a fair price in comparison to others. They did a professional clean job to replace the gutter and were willing to listen to our input as the job was being planned and actually during the work itself. We would definitely hire them again for gutter work.

Description of Work
Replaced gutter by back patio and attached garage. Also added a new downspout to improve drainage.

Category gutter repair

02/26/2016

Susan I.

They were very prompt and responsive on all levels. I would and am planning on using them again.

Description of Work
They did some small repairs on my roof due to some wind damage.

Category handyman service, roofing, roof cleaning

11/11/2015

Joe H.

Work was top notch. Roof was put on right and doesn't leak. Care was taken to shield plants from damage, Copper work was well done.

Description of Work
Roof tear off and replacement. Some copper work on chimney and bay windows.

Category roofing, chimney repair

11/10/2015

Matthew R.

This is the best experience I have had with any contractor. The price was very fair for all of the work they did. They showed up on time, completed the project in a week, were extremely honest with everything, and cleaned up everything after they finished. Juan was amazing. Again, if you want real pros that will get the job done efficiently with great workmanship, call them!

Description of Work
Replaced roof, soffits, replaced a skylight, caulked windows and trimmed back a tree.

Category handyman service, roofing, siding, skylights

10/30/2015

Martin M.

Extremely fast in getting back to me on a quote for roof replacement with a reasonable price. However, I decided to hold off on the work for another year.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for roof replacement.

07/29/2015

Cheryl P.

Installation went quickly and efficiently; results of the roof fix seem to work fine. There was a slight confusion with the pricing; we were given a verbal estimate and the written quote was a different number. Not a significant change.

Description of Work
Fixed the starter course.

05/09/2015

Carol M.

Spandikow did an amazing job on our roof, so we called them to have our skylight replaced. It was old/foggy glass, and we wanted a new one with Low-E glass. Called, left a message. They called back in a few days asking for details. Told them what we wanted; they came out when we were at work and measured & emailed us a VERY REASONABLE estimate; we signed it, scanned it and emailed it back. Within a week we had a brand new skylight! We had shingles left over from our roofing job, which we left on the deck, so they could use what they needed, and it would match exactly - no problem. They let us know when they were coming out, so we lay tarps inside to catch debris. Job went smoothly, as we anticipated. We never even considered using anyone else.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen skylight

Category remodeling, roofing, skylights

01/05/2015

Linda G.

Once the work began, they felt it would take less time than previously estimated. The price was adjusted to reflect that - an honest business practice that keeps customers. I would not have known.

Description of Work
Repaired roof leak and loose shingles

12/28/2014

Julie K.

From the contact we had with them, they were prompt and professional. I can't reaaly speak to their work or pricing as we never got to that point.

Description of Work
Called to have them check our roof for storm damage and provide and estimate. They came out while my husband and I were at work and sent us an e-mail within a day. There ended up not being any major issues so we did not need to have any work performed.

12/16/2014

Briel W.

The crew did an excellent job - the job took about 3 days and the crew worked diligently each day and cleaned up nicely after each day. They were on time and respectful and we were very pleased with the results. My husband actually got on the roof with them to inspect the job and everything we asked to be done was completed on time and within budget. We have recommended this company to our neighbors and will use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Replaced flat roofs, facia, and flashing on the roof of our home.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

11/22/2014

Katherine Y.

All contact with contractor was done via email or text. Work was done exactly as quoted. No drama. Contractor showed up on date they said they would and finished the very next day. We had multiple types of work needed, roofing, insulation removal and replacement, bath vent fans extended to roof, replaced attic ventilator fan with one we provided, repaired soffit on outside of garage, boxed out area where raccoons were causing problems. Very pleased that one contractor could take care of everything we needed done. Did not require us to deal with multiple contractors.

Description of Work
Roof tear off, insulation removal and disinfect, new insulation, soffit repair

Category handyman service, roofing, siding

11/13/2014

MARGARET H.

Spandikow and Sons came out approximately 3 weeks after the contract was signed as scheduled. The first day the roofers arrived early and began the tear off process off my 21 year old cedar shake roof. They also prepared the roof for the new shingles and installed several wooden planks. On the second day, the roofers again arrived early and continued the tear off and began to install the new shingles. After the second day, I noticed that my cedar siding on parts of my house were not flush with the new roof because of the thicker cedar roof that had been removed. Also, I noticed 3 nail pops in the ceiling where the wooden planks had been installed on the roof. I spoke to owner, Mark Spandikow about this concern and he and several workers were out the next morning to install flashing in all exposed areas and around the chimney. The nails pops were also fixed. Also, with my request, certain areas of the flashing were painted with my paint to blend in with the color of my house. Mark Spandikow was very attentive with my concerns and did what ever I requested to resolve some unforeseen problems, The roof looks great and I have had nothing but compliments on it. This Company is very busy especially in the Glen Ellyn area, but they performed the service as contracted and on schedule, which was very much appreciated. I would definitely contract this company again for any roof/gutter/attic insulation jobs.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof and replace with Architectural fiberglass shingle roof. Added six plywood planks. Ice and water shield installed. Pipe flashing boots and vents replaced. Some additional copper flashing installed around chimney and other areas.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair

11/13/2014

Donald J.

It worked very well. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Fixed the leak by placing more tiles on the roof

09/02/2014

Clayton A.

I used the electronic message from Angie's list to request a roofing quote. I expected that they would contact me and set up a time to come out and discuss options. Instead i did receive a quote, via e-mail but no follow up. Perhaps this is the "new" way of giving quotes, without talking to the customer, but I would have preferred to talked to someone before receiving the quote.

Description of Work
Did not use this provider

I called the member back right away and got his answering service that said: message service was full and not accepting any voice mails. I tried twice. Difficult to chase non response.

07/23/2014

DANIEL M.

I am preparing to sell my house and had some roofing issues I wanted to discuss. I have a balcony with a roof under it which collects a lot of water from several sections of roof and directs it onto the gutter which runs along the balcony. I tried to explain that a lot of water comes out from under the balcony but the rep wouldn't discuss the issue beyond belittling my gutter system which used a guard different from what he installs. I have a system called gutter stuff which is a foam type product. I did a lot of research into these systems and learned that none of them are perfect. I chose the system because I could install it and I liked how it worked. I have had it for 7 years with no clogs or failures of any type. The rep insisted my problem was a clogged system and drain and wouldn't even inspect the gutters. In addition, I have a seepage problem near my chimney with moisture coming down along side the brick in the house. The rep didn't even go up the roof or inside the house - he said everything was fine and he left. After he left I checked the gutter and the downspout the rep was certain were clogged. The gutter was not clogged. Clean as a whistle, which they have been since I installed them 7 years ago. A little particulate matter from the roofing and some minor silting. The downspout was not clogged in the least. No blockage in any way shape for form. I am still having issues with the chimney but am not sure where the moisture is coming from - the liner is patent and the roof is fine, according to the folks that actually went up there and looked.

Description of Work
Inspect my gutter for an overflowing problem and check the chimney for possible leakage.

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing

I'll try to keep my response simple: I explained to him not to waste money on a roof repair on the chimney: Have the chimney flue inspected by a furnace company first. (He didn't believe me) Also, regarding the gutter: After awhile, gutter foam filters will become filled with small particles, causing the gutter to overflow. (He didn't believe me, apparently) I recommended a cost-effective solution, using inexpensive screens. Mark

07/20/2014

Kevin K.

Obtained quotes for re-roof from several (4) companies. Spandikow was straight-forward and did not try to sell me something I didn't need and didn't want. Spandikow came out and provided an estimate very soon after I contacted them, and scheduled the work within a week after I decided to go with them, including some changes I made to the original estimate. They showed up on time on the day arraigned, and completed the work by noon the following day. I happen to be home during the day, but it would have been unnecessary for anyone to be home. All old materials were removed and the roof was made rain-proof the first day. They use their own dumptruck to take the old materials away so you don't have to bother with a dumpster.The new roof was installed quickly the second day.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof, repair wood, replace vents and flashings, install additional vents, re roof

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

Coast to Coast Masonry Group Inc

Coast To Coast Masonry Group, Inc. provides top quality masonry restoration services to a variety of clients throughout the Chicago land area for over 23 years. We remain committed to the traditional values of client satisfaction that have earned a solid reputation in the masonry industry. Based on quality, time completion, excellent service, integrity and client satisfaction.

Handyman Connection of Wheaton

Handyman Connection of Wheaton is committed to providing you with dependable and skilled craftsmen, great customer service and first class workmanship. We are a locally owned and managed company, and with over 20 years of experience in providing top quality home improvement and repair services, just one call or click brings our expertise right to your door. Handyman Connection can help turn your to-do list into done. Whether you have small or large projects for the interior or exterior, we offer the quality you expect and the customer care you desire to make your home repair and improvement project dreams a reality today. Whether you need something installed, built, fixed or maintained, we are your reliable and trusted partner for all your home repair and remodeling needs. As North America's original and leading home improvement specialists, you can rest easy knowing your home repair or remodeling job is in experienced hands. We're not just proud of our workmanship, we guarantee it. Call us today- One Call. One Connection.® Our Services* • General Handyman Service • Bathroom Remodeling • Basement Remodeling • Carpentry • Tile & Flooring • Decks • Drywall Install, Patch or Replace • Electrical • General Home Maintenance • Painting • Plumbing • Shelving & Storage

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Roofing,chimney repair, seamless gutters. siding, chimney crowns

Ask for details.