Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2007

21 W 180 Hill Ave

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Licensed Plumbing Contractor - SafeSeal by Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing. Crawlspace Encapsulation, Sewer Backup Prevention, Modified Overhead Sewers, Basement Floor Replacement, Underpinning, Foundation Crack Repair, Carbon Fiber Wall Straps, Wall Anchors, Spray Foam Insulation, Discounts for Angie's List Members. Financing available. Award winning. ...

09/13/2019

Richard R.

Steve Gavin, the owner came out and provided me with a great price that was inclusive of the entire scope of the project. During our meeting he took the time to explain the process that his company uses. Once the permits were issued the crew arrived the next morning at 7:00 a.m. as promised. The crew met the deadline for a 1:30 inspection from the Village of Deerfield. They not only met the deadline but they passed the inspection without any issues to be corrected. The crew worked until 7:00 p.m. completing the job. I would also note that they left my home spotless!

Description of Work
I had a concrete crawl space installed with a new drain tiles and sump pump.Also went with the spray foam insulation on the walls.

Category insulation,plumbing,basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the business.

07/15/2019

Tod F.

Trustworthy consultation, quote, and explanation of services. Professional, quality work every step of the way.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe

07/11/2019

M F.

Everything went as planned. They were efficient and knew what they were doing. We had a moisture barrier put down on the gravel and then the concrete poured. They also sealed a couple cracks in the foundation around the crawl. We are so glad we found Concrete Crawlspaces because the blend of concrete is designed for crawl spaces; it dries more quickly and doesn't add a lot of moisture to the basement and house as it dries. It looks great and will now be much easier for our dehumidifier to keep up with the moisture.

Description of Work
We had concrete poured into our gravel crawl space

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

Letreona W.

Omg the crew was awesome...they arrived at 8am as promised. They started by laying plastic thru out my house so tge floor wasnt get ruined for the sand and dirt. They also hung plastic where it was needed for dust. The performance of their job was excellent. The clean up and the neatness of everything, you couldn't tell that they had even been there...also the work that they did with applying the plastic to my wall and the cementing following was acceptional. Overall I am very very pleases I choose this company.. They were the second company to come over...Im happy

Description of Work
I had to get drains tiles and a sump pump as well.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,foundation repair

ROSE M.

EXCELLENT.. George came to my home to to give an estimate..was very professional and quoted me a fair price for all the work involved..crew arrived on time..fully covered the area they would be working in with plastic to protect my walls and floors..they were very polite and respectful of me and my home.the job was completed on schedule..I would definitely recommend their services to anyone wanting a better option than plastic to encapsulate their crawl space..thank you George,Donna and the entire crew who worked on this!!!

Description of Work
Concrete crawlspace/install sump put and pump

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

Kathy H.

Jason and his crew were great. The crew showed up early and very professional. I was very leery of how they were going to pump the cement in as they were going through my window but there was no mess to be found. They cleaned up everything and you would never know they were there. I am thrilled with the results and would definitely recommend them! Thank you very much!!

Description of Work
My Crawl space was in need of a desperate makeover. It was a dirt crawl with debris left over from a previous company who put in drain tile.

Category basement waterproofing

10/12/2018

Craig S.

I received 3 estimates for filling the crawlspace with concrete and sealing the perimeter walls with a barrier to keep rodents (field mice) out and the warmth in. Their estimate was in the middle of the pack and after some online research I decided to use them for my project. They fit me in to their schedule and their crew of 4 showed up on time led by Willie. He and his crew were professional and helpful since we didn't know what to expect. They put down protective tarps and began the process. They were in at 8:30 a.m. and out by 1 pm. Fast, efficient and very good. I watched them in the crawl as they prepped the basement, after leveling and pouring in red lava rocks they poured the cement and made it perfectly smooth using a hand trowel to complete the first phase of this job. They quickly removed all debris and when they left for the day the interior of our home was just as clean as when they entered. The second phase of the job is to be completed in 2 weeks when they return to add a wire mesh and apply a 2" layer of closed cell SPF to the walls to seal the crawlspace off from the outside world. I highly recommend Safe Seal Waterproofing - Concrete Crawlspace & Basement Waterproofing of Glen Ellyn, IL if you need to repair or fix your interior crawlspace.

Description of Work
Fill dirt floor crawlspace with concrete

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

07/17/2018

Laura B.

My old basement has had problem after problem for several years. This team was very professional and worked with me to make sure the scope of work and price were fair. We did run into a few unforeseen issues like finding a broken pipe underground, but because they have a plumber on staff, they were able to fix it. Other companies quoted me more and/or didn't have a plumber so couldn't complete the full job. I feel I paid a fair price and would happily hire them again based on their professionalism. Additionally, I appreciate a team of contractors who speaks to me, a woman, no differently than they would a male member of a household.

Description of Work
Interior drain tile, four underground pipes repaired, sink replacement

Category concrete repair,plumbing,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

05/06/2018

Natasha M.

We just waterproof our basement by Safe Seal Waterproofing and we are happy with job they did. First we met Jason , he provide us with an estimate , he was very nice and easy to communicate with. The crew ( led by Javier ) was on time and friendly , the guys know what they doing and explained everything as they went along. In the middle of the work we got some additional plumbing issue and owner company Stephen stopped by our house and explained everything to us. Great job. Thank you Safe Seal Waterproofing.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing / french drain

Category basement waterproofing

03/13/2018

Renee S.

Overall the concrete work was ok but my overall rating is because of the added expense they cost me by messing with something that most likely is out of their scope of expertise and knowledge which is plumbing. I had them come out to give me an estimate and it was brought to my attention that the sump pump would need to "remove connection to sewer line/discharge to exterior." It is probably on me to have made an assumption I was dealing with professionals who would not leave a job and their service by leaving the consumer with something that is not code and inevitably a much larger expense to rectify. Overall I was not impressed with the professionalism as well. My first appointment was set for 8am and he arrived at 7:30. I'm all for punctuality but let's be mindful of how early that is and not surprise your customer that early. The first appointment was fine and I was satisfied with the estimate. The day the workers came they got the job done however I did not appreciate the blasting music when I live in a bi-level and the crawl space is in the lower level which is very much a part of the house where I had to listen to the noise the whole time. I was patient and did not say anything as I appreciated the hard work. What I was not aware of is the entire sump pump was literally relocated from the back of the house to the front of the house with an eye sore of a pump drilled directly under the front window. This was NOT explained to me at all. They also attached a six foot pvc pipe which made it even more of an eye sore but I get the water needed to be directed far away from the house. Shortly after the work was done, my crawl flooded due to the pump valve. I had to call them back out and I got an attitude and a comment directed to me saying "we did not replace any parts." Was that comment necessary? There was no leakage before the work was done and I just paid 5,250 to concrete and seal my crawl and now I have a little pond in there. I did not make any accusation or even place blame. It is natural to call the company that just did work when a problem arose/ They came out and fixed and then I was told just run some fans in there. There was nothing offered for the inconvenience of a flooded crawl after the work was done. Fast forward to the next couple of months when the weather started changing. Naturally the pipe they put in the front froze which caused a backup and the motor of the pump to almost burn out. I had to call a licensed plumber to come out. Initially to get by they cut the pipe but then the pump continued to work because it caused a never ending cycle of water pumping directly at the front of house and on and on. We then had to go to just get some tubing to direct it further away from the house causing an even bigger eye sore. The licensed plumber told us there were other options so did not understand why this company put a pipe right in front of the house creating this series of issues and future work needed. They advised the village will want this pump under ground and needs to go all the way to the street. It will just keep freezing again as is too. If we pursue this work we now need to get permits, get the concrete and my lawn ripped up for something as a consumer I trusted this company new what they were doing. Had we known this job would have caused a much bigger job down the road we never would have done this. If you are just looking for concrete work I'm sure this company is ok although a week later a giant crack already formed in the work. Because of the added expense and negligence of work they did with regards to pump and plumbing and the attitude and unprofessionalism I would not use them for any job that involves any type of plumbing work nor would I recommend to friends or family.

Description of Work
Concrete and waterproof crawl space

Category concrete repair,insulation,plumbing,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

To anyone interested in the truth. The initial appointment was scheduled for Tuesday, September 12th between 11:30 AM and 12:30 not 8 AM. We give a window of time that we will arrive. The job was scheduled and the customer was told we would arrive between 7 and 8 AM. If I could post pictures like the customer can, I would provide all Angie's List members physical proof of everything I am saying. If you are interested, contact us and I will provide them for you. We, created the drawings, submitted for the permit at no charge to the customer. The plans were approved by the village and the permit was issued to perform the work, crawl space encapsulation with a drain tile system, The customers existing sump pump was discharging/ejecting into the waste stack that sends all waste to the city sewer system. This configuration is illegal in [Member Information Removed] and 95% of the cities in Illinois because the city does not want to process clear rain water. Municipal Code requires that the clear water from the sump pump be discharged and ejected as close to center of property as possible. All work was inspected by the city inspector and passed with flying colors. We have all the documentation if anyone would like to see it. The customer was kept informed every step of the way. I have this same configuration at my home. Although it is not very pretty it is very effective. After we left, the customer chose to add a black flex hose (seen in picture) to bring the water out even further. That hose froze which is inevitable. Anybody who owns a garden hose and leaves out in the winter knows it will freeze and thus stop water flow. The customer was offered a "bubble pot" but declined. The customers crawl space was filled with garbage and we removed and disposed of it at no charge even though we had to pay for disposal. The customers existing check valve was leaking and created a small puddle in the crawl space. We went back the next day and gave her a brand new check valve for free. Some cities will allow you or even require (mandatory) the sump pump ejection lines be connected to the city storm sewer. [Member Information Removed] does not require or make it mandatory. Again, there are specific codes that must be met and this type of connection can be very expensive. the customer was told of the costs involved and declined. When we install concrete in a crawl space we put down 10 mil vapor barrier because concrete will crack. It states clearly on our proposal that we do not warranty concrete against cracking. The vapor barrier keeps gasses, vapor and water from reaching the surface of the concrete slab and keeps the humidity level and containment's that come from the ground at bay, The concrete is finished with a hand float finish and not a hard trowel finish or "patio finish". It's a crawl space, not a sidewalk or patio and it would be a lot more expensive to put wire, control joints and a patio finish. The customer was very happy and complimented Jason and the crew for a great job then six months later she writes this. Not fair or true. Sincerely Steve Gavin President

Dave's Painting & Remodeling

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back that special, personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business, we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

All Around Paint And Remodeling

Kaufy Painting

With over 20+ years of painting experience, we strive to provide honest, reliable, residential and commercial painting services that stand head and shoulders above the rest. We combine the industry's best paint with our passion to exceed your expectations. We can't wait to paint for you!

Offers by Kaufy Painting on Angi
    Chicago
    City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs Consumer Protection
    07/16/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp

How is Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp overall rated?

Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp open?

Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp is open:

What payment options does Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp provide

Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offer free estimates?

Yes, Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offers free project estimates.

Does Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offer a senior discount?

Yes, Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offers a 5% senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp?

Yes, Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offers warranties.

What services does Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offer?

Concrete Crawlspaces & Basement Waterproofing Corp offers the following services: Basement Waterproofing, Flood Control, Sewer Backup Prevention, Crawl Space Waterproofing and Repair, Crawl Space Encapsulation, Drainage Systems, Vapor Barriers, Concrete Pumping, Foundation Crack Repair, Structural Repair, Spray Foam Insulation, Egress Window Installation, Window Well Drains, Carbon Fiber Foundation Reinforcement, Footing, I Beams and more