Alternating Currents Corporation

Founded 1994 • With Angi since December 2008

1096 Hill Ave unit 2 a/c

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

We, at Alternating Currents, strive to provide outstanding customer service and high-quality electrical installation in a safe working environment. We are at the project when scheduled — no missing subs. We only use top-quality products and materials — no skimping, no cutting corners. And our #1

11/24/2019

Michael R.

Fantastic. Marty got us a quote the day I called him and followed up with me the next day to make sure I got it. The other two companies I called never even called me back. Marty was quick to come out to our house (the day after we called and confirmed we'd like to move forward with Alternating Current) and get our power back. He knew that without our power we were basically homeless so did everything he could to get to us and get us back on the grid.

Description of Work
A branch from our tree in our backyard broke off and tore our our power lines.

Category electrician

We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time and consideration. Best regards, Alternating Currents

10/18/2019

Paul T.

Excellent. Problem was quickly diagnosed and corrected. Tech arrived early.

Description of Work
Repair garage lights.

10/16/2019

Damian D.

The installers did a great job and worked quickly. They were very courteous and thorough. Went above and beyond.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling light in the foyer.

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your time and consideration. Best regards, Alternating Currents

10/16/2019

Cliff G.

Showed up on time. Quick turnaround. Clean, professional and reasonable pricing. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Tesla brand car charger installed

07/02/2019

Jennifer B.

The entire process was quick and professional. We had someone come out for an estimate of the project 2 days after we called, and we had the estimate emailed to us the next morning. The estimator took his time and asked a lot of questions and offered options on what they could do. We were able to schedule and put down a deposit easily. Two electricians came a couple minutes early the day of the project, confirmed the work on the estimate, and completed everything quickly. They walked us through the work done & confirmed we were satisfied prior to payment. Will use again and recommend them for any electrical project again.

Description of Work
We needed old wiring in a garage & significant amateur wiring from a previous owner in the backyard removed. New lights and plugs in the garage added after removal.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your time and consideration. Best regards. Alternating Currents

04/26/2019

George L.

The electricians did a great and professional job!

Description of Work
Electrical work

06/15/2018

Thomas C.

The project went excellently. Marty and his team (Dave, Jeff, Travis) were flexible, knowledgeable and professional. We had multiple small projects including new outdoor overhead cam light installs (and insulation around the outside fixture); ceiling fan, overhead light fixture, bathroom vents, and the biggest - tapping into a wall socket to install a new socket and rocker switch hook up for our new Unilux window external shudders. They figured out the schematics as the company did not supply much and it all went smoothly.

Description of Work
Misc electrical installs

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

05/13/2018

BARBARA N.

From the office staff to the electricians, everyone is very professional. Everyone showed up on time for both the estimate and the installation. They worked quietly and neatly and we are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Installed 3 light fixtures, replaced exterior GFI receptacles

Category electrician

Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your time and consideration. Best regards, Alternating Currents

12/27/2017

MARY P.

The work took two days and all went smoothly. They started to work promptly upon arrival and were very efficient in completing the project. They cleaned up the work space and were flexible to add some additional outlets even though not on the original estimate. What we paid is what we were quoted; no upcharge/extra fee for adding work to the original estimate. I would definitely hire again and can recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
I had the electrical panel upgraded (more slots added) and also had most of the electrical outlets in the house replaced.

10/27/2017

Frank J.

The owner, Marty, responsive and the electrician, Edgar, did a good job.

Description of Work
Fixing a few outlets and breakers, install couple of new outlets.

09/21/2017

Kenneth K.

I was very impressed with their electrician, who came out and inspected my furnace circuits because of the issue that I was having, which was the reason why I had to have this other company come in and they replaced my furnace blower. The replacement blower burned out within a week, and then they wouldn't replace it again until I had it inspected by this Alternating Currents electrical company. They came out, spent about an hour here. They did a very thorough job of inspecting. He's not always black and white. They were very busy, and I was kind of unhappy because, not so much with them, but with one of their partners, which was the heating and air conditioning company. They had charged me over $1200 to install a new furnace blower motor in my furnace, and then after a week the second one burned out and they wouldn't come out and replace the one because it couldn't possibly be a defective motor. That's what their technician told me, but it turned out to be a defective motor just as I stated to them it was. They were blaming some sort of power surge or whatever on the furnace circuit, so that's why they had me hire, they said I could use any electrician, but I decided to use the one that they work with because I was concerned that that would be an issue if I used a different electrician to inspect the circuit. So OK, I'll play along with you. So I contacted this Alternating Currents, which is the company that they deal with that does their electrical work. Unfortunately, because of the holiday and such and their workload at the time, the number of calls they were making, they said they couldn't show up until Friday the 7th. So basically my wife and i went without air conditioning for a week, because by the time I rescheduled the air conditioning company to come back, they couldn't come back until Monday the 10th. I was kind of unhappy with that aspect of that, and there was really nothing that the electrical company was willing to do to speed up the process for me, so a bit unhappy there. But overall, once they got here I was very happy with the quality of the work. That amounted to only inspecting the entire circuit, but I thought the electrician was very thorough. As far as price, for the first hour, they were kind of high. I could have hired another electrician that I had previously just recently used, that I got through Angie's List. They showed up when they were supposed to. Based on the quality of their work, I probably would use them again, but they wouldn't be my first choice. It was $154 for the first hour. It took them an hour, and they charged $154. They charge $154 for the first hour, and $88 for each additional labor hour plus materials, then they state if it's 20 minutes or less, the first hour will be prorated to $108. I could have got this other electrician for $90. He does a straight $90 an hour and he doesn't charge for the first, because $154 amounts to a service call charge, which the other electrician doesn't do. I thought they were a little high, because they charge more for the first hour than they do for each additional hour.

Description of Work
They came out and inspected my furnace circuit.

Category electrician

Thank you for your feedback. Let us know how we can earn all As. We appreciate your time and consideration. Best regards, Alternating Currents

09/01/2017

Catherine S.

David arrived a few minutes early and the replacement took less than 30 minutes. Husband and I were very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Replace a ceiling fan.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

08/10/2017

Angela L.

Perfect. No issues. Even alerted me to an issue in my attic that needed attention. Will call again for more projects.

Description of Work
Installation of ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Damian D.

Did not wind up needing the work done.

Description of Work
Outlet repair

Damian D.

Did not wind up needing the work performed.

Description of Work
Outlet repair.

Sally R.

The two techs were excellent. They arrived on time and spent time with me discussing the best way to route the wiring and place the switches based on my preferences. They completed the installation and cleaned up everything after the work was done. The price was fair; I would hire the company in the future if I need any othe electrical work.

Description of Work
Replaced one ceiling light and installed an additional new ceiling light.

07/12/2017

Carla K.

I needed an estimate for upgrading an electrical panel in a condo that I was selling. Marty came right on time, was thorough and made his recommendation. Since the work needed a permit that would take longer than I had possession of the condo, I didn't use the company.

Description of Work
estimate for work.

Category electrician

Thank you for your time and consideration. We greatly appreciate it. Best regards, Alternating Currents

04/17/2017

Emily D.

Alternating Currents did an excellent job. They completed the work in a organized professional manner keeping us in the loop every step of the way to ensure the work would meet our satisfaction. They were able to meet schedule constrains and were very careful not to cause damage in our home. There were some issues due to the existing components of the home. They were helpful in coming up with solutions to the issues, and their owner Marty was very knowledgeable and a great resource.

Description of Work
Installed +/- 30 recessed lights, light fixtures, ceiling fan, installed low voltage coaxial cable, re-wired and replaced switches in a residential home.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans, cable tv service

04/14/2017

Cynthia G.

We live in a 90 year old house and over the last 20 years have had a LOT of work done and this company has been the best. Marty did a great job providing us a detailed bid since we had so much work to be done. The electricians worked efficiently and full day(s). They were great at explaining our options in our 90 year old house. Once done they cleaned up and I would have never known they were here! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had a wide variety of electrical work that needed to be done including new outlets, replace non-working switches and outlets, hanging 7 light fixtures in the main living areas, checking out our attic fan and venting for our bathroom fan, plus a whole lot of work in our basement woodworking area.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

03/30/2017

Paul O.

It was fine. Did a fine job. Did what they said.

Description of Work
They put in a 220 line for an electric dryer. An lead wire for an refrigerator.

Category appliance repair, electrician

03/30/2017

Paul O.

They have done several things for me. They have always been good.

Description of Work
To install some lights. Ceiling lights.

03/07/2017

Michael T.

They were ok. They were a little pricey.

Description of Work
Moved outlets, and rewiring, serviced generator.

Category electrician

Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate your time and consideration. Best regards, Alternating Currents

12/12/2016

JOAN K.

Alternating Currents came promptly and replaced the outlet. What impressed me the most was he told me the outlet wasn't grounded, but that grounding it would take longer and cost more. I always hear such comments from HGTV, and consider that a conscientious thing not everyone does. Since I plan a bathroom model in the spring, I decided to let that go and fix it when walls were torn up.

Description of Work
The outlet in my bathroom is used often and I stopped working. I needed to have it replaced. Not a very big job, but one I needed taken care of quickly.

Category electrician

Thank you for your reply. Please note that our electrician explained to you that this is only a temporary repair. This receptacle is unable to be grounded due to existing Romex wiring. To have the gfi work properly, the existing wiring needs to be removed and installed correctly with EMT conduit. We recommend that you have this wiring properly installed. Best regards, Alternating Currents

12/02/2016

Elizabeth M.

Rudin was on time, professional and a pleasure to work with. He exceeded my expectations being polite, conscience of what to do best for my needs, and overall passionate about his work. He made sure he was working in the time estimated and immediately mentioned that he was going to go over the time quoted for the work needed. I also want to mention that the first time I called Alternating Currents, the gentleman who answered my call, was able to help me over the phone with a simple fix and somewhat embarrassing question. Alternating Currents is a business that wants to help and be best they can be for the owner needing service. This is company that will be around for years to come. An area of improvement, I would suggest is in the business office. The details provided on the up front quotation and lacking details. Need better explanation of the benefits offered, coupons being used, and services to be rendered. This I believe, would close any open loops in how the business could improve from a simple perspective.

Description of Work
Rudin added an ethernet, cable and phone line into my spare bedroom and an ethernet line into the master bedroom where the main connection is located.

10/28/2016

John H.

They put cloth on the stairs to the basement so they wouldn't bring in dirt or mud from the back yard. They were able to run the wiring into the breaker panel without disturbing the wallboard. They were really quick and efficient. I had a landscaper do the trenching because I wanted other work done in the back yard, too. Otherwise, Alternating Currents would have handled the trenching for me. I rated Alternating Currents as "Fair" on price because I had five electricians come out to see the job. Only two (both from Angie's List) provided estimates. They were two dollars apart. If I had more quotes, I could rate them more accurately.

Description of Work
I had to replace the underground wiring running out to a detached garage.

Category electrician

Thank you for your time and consideration. We appreciate your feedback. Best regards, Alternating Currents

High Quality Painting LLC

High Quality Painting, LLC is a small company dedicated to offering services of paint, drywall,ceramic tile, we firmly believed that EVERYTHING IS FIXABLE. We are confident in the quality of our work, therefore offering warranty on every service provided to you, we guaranty the cleanliness on every step of our work from preparation of the work area to the final step, every day

Midwest Info System

From remote help desk to proactive monitoring, our IT Services team is ready to help you. Subsequently companies have turn to us to either extend their IT team or are in need of an IT Team. As a result, we have set our goal to deliver support immediately. Above all, Midwest Info System is here to help you in the event of an outage. We provide ongoing proactive monitoring, remote management, on-site and on-demand support to prevent ordinarily issues before becoming major problems. you can rest easy knowing that you’re covered.

PREMIER LIGHTING, INC

We are a comprehensive lighting company, specializing in the design, installation, repair and maintenance of residential outdoor lighting systems. We also do indoor lighting servicing, repairs and additions. We take great pride in servicing all of our customers with the care, respect, and attention to detail that we expect ourselves as consumers.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Electrical contractor, electrician, commercial & residential new construction, additions, remodels, upgrades, generator installation and service, low-voltage wiring & lighting, intercom, speakers, surround sound, telephone, cable, smoke & carbon monoxide detectors, floor heating, specialty lighting, code violations, ceiling fans, appliance installations, hot tub/pool connections, electrical connections for machinery, sprinkler systems, business signs, code corrections, buy/sell home inspections.

We do not repair or clean hot tubs and pools. We do not repair or clean appliances. We install electrical connections for these items.