A to Z Tiles & Remodeling

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2011

23w280 great western ave

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Specializing in kitchen/bathroom remodeling and large tiling projects. A 2017 Super Service Award Winner, we are the elite name for remodeling in Illinois. We take pride in the work that we do and customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Our attention to detail and professional approach to each

02/18/2020

Chris B.

Great! He got the job done quickly (we had a tight deadline), it looks great, and was affordable. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Tile repair for a hole in wall from plumber that installed new faucet

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

07/18/2019

Jim B.

The work performed was excellent, on time, and as quoted. I was very satisfied with the workmanship and final product. A to Z is a very professional upfront company that delivers quality workmanship. I will use them again!

Description of Work
New windows and siding

11/29/2018

Gary K.

Everything went smoothly. I bought most of the supplies and had them at the house ready to go, ie., floor and wall tiles, new toilet, new shower pan, new water temperature sensing shower value and faucet, epoxy grout, new shower doors, and grab bars. Ziggy and his partner Andy did as we requested. My wife wanted them to use epoxy grout and to waterproof the cement board with Red Gard, (which they did). Ziggy did masterful job lining up the wavy wall tiles at the corners and also installing new pocket door. They used half of my 2 car garage to set up shop. That is where they had the tile saw and miter saw, etc. They laid canvas across our hardwood floor to create path from garage to master bath. All in all, they did a very good job.

Description of Work
master bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

11/25/2018

William S.

A to Z was very professional and made sure to do a great job. They took the time to do the work right and took pride in a job well done. I was kept informed of progress and any issues along the way. I could not be happier with the work and would recommend A to Z to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath tile floor replacement and total bath remodeling.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/23/2018

Kathleen C.

Very happy with the results. Excellent attention to detail. Will be looking to hire again to do guest bathroom.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

11/08/2017

Robert W.

Great. The project came off as planned. Ziggy, the owner of A To Z Tile, and his team were very respectful of our property. They taped off their work areas to minimize the dust that's created with this type of project. The timing went as forecast. The quality of the work was excellent. Ziggy takes great pride in his work. The best compliment I can give is that I would use A To Z Tile again.

Description of Work
For 2 full bathrooms, we needed the old floor and ceiling tiles removed and replaced with new tiles. In addition, in the master bathroom, the old shower tiles and doors were removed and replaced with new.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

09/20/2017

Carla M.

08/30/2017

Angela M.

The owner was very quick to respond to questions and/or concerns before and while the tiling was being done. Employee who actually did the work was not as experienced, but as it was a small job, I felt it was likely less important to do it right. Job took a long time. The floors should have been covered better with cleaner drop cloths. After the job was finished we had to go back and re grout a couple small areas of both floors within a week as the grout was coming away and small holes were forming. Also, the paint on my cast iron sink was (slightly) chipped after tools were set on it without any protection. Unfortunately, I had already paid the balance due before noticing it.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor tiles for two bathrooms and tiling around a bathtub shower.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Costumer was satisfied the day when we finish no complaints. Project takes 3 days longer because costumer ask as to do floor in the bathroom. Regarding the dust we protect best as possible. Costumer start complaints regarding the sink over week from day when we finish,after tile work costumer hire painter to paint the bathroom and refinish bathtub possible damage the sink Zyggi

03/31/2017

Marge B.

It went very well. The workers were prompt and polite, and detail oriented. The were mindful of dust and debris. They cleaned up after themselves. They were very hard workers. Zyggi the owner always kept us informed. He completed the work On time and on schedule. We were very happy with the end results and would definitely use him again when needed.

Description of Work
We had the old floor removed on the main level of our home, and a new floor installed. We had new kitchen cabinets, sink, tile/backsplash and lighting in the kitchen. We had new doors, stained and installed and a small half bathroom redone ( floor, cabinet, lighting, commode). And they painted the main floor.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/11/2017

Sean B.

Project went well. Little slow getting to our project but it was fine. He had a lot projects lined up and we were willing to wait. Our project started as agreed. Most of the work was done in a continuous full work week. Some final tasks, like carpet patches, were followed up in a timely manner. He does use some helpers but kicked off the project, managed the helper, the supplies and was present for the technical/key parts. Zyggi has an accent and the written skills are not the best but he does communicate well - returns calls, sets schedule, makes sure we understand, discusses issues as needed. Prices are competitive and he will also discuss how you can save/avoid costs. He probably wont design a remodel for you but does offer advice as needed. Most importantly he has the skills, integrity and reliability I am looking for in my contractor. Lastly, I would add he's got a general contractor style network so he can do it all. If something is outside his direct skills (like that carpet patch or Euro glass door) hes probably got a guy for that so you don't have to find your own guy.

Description of Work
Zyggi has done 3 projects with us now. He has always done an overall good job. He has remodeled a masterbath and laundry/coat room in the past. This time he did some renovation to separate a bonus room into its own room. This included installing a closet, a door to hall, a ceiling light with new switch location, and patching carpet. He also expanded a closet in another room.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

01/04/2017

Aniruddha D.

Good! It was good.

Category ceramic tile

09/12/2016

Gisela A.

The project was completed in a timely manner and met all of the agreement specifications. The cost of the project was as estimated and agreed. There were no surprise "add ons". The workers worked diligently, safely and were careful in protecting our property. The bathroom was stripped to the studs where needed and rewired and plumbed to accommodate two new vanities, lighting, exhaust fan, stool and glassed in shower. Finishing included floor and shower tile and paint. Several neighbors have already contacted him to have work done.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

05/05/2016

Chris K.

Very good experience and we have an absolutely beautiful and functional master bathroom. ?Zyggi is great to work with and has an eye for detail. ?When problems came up (none that were because of him) he took it all in stride and made it all work out.? His crew are also very professional. ?I am already making plans to have A to Z do some remodeling in my kitchen. ?

Description of Work
Completely gutted a very ugly and dated?master bathroom, repaired damaged flooring and ceiling, installed much larger tiled shower, installed corner tub with tiled surround, installed vanity and granite countertop, tiled flooring and painted walls.??Cost included the glass for the shower, a heavy duty and very quiet fan and the granite for the vanity.?

05/05/2016

Chris K.

Very good experience and we have an absolutely beautiful and functional master bathroom. Zyggi is great to work with and has an eye for detail. When problems came up (none that were because of him) he took it all in stride and made it all work out. His crew are also very professional. I am already making plans to have A to Z do some remodeling in my kitchen.

Description of Work
Completely gutted a very ugly and dated master bathroom, repaired damaged flooring and ceiling, installed much larger tiled shower, installed corner tub with tiled surround, installed vanity and granite countertop, tiled flooring and painted walls. Cost included the glass for the shower, a heavy duty and very quiet fan and the granite for the vanity.

03/03/2016

N H.

Zyygi (owner) looked at job. Sent quote two days later. Completed job on time as scheduled one week later. Zyygi was knowlegable. John (who did job) was careful and skillful. Everything completed as promised. Would use this firm for any future remolding job.

Description of Work
Removed sub floor, R&R vainity and toilet, installed cement board, and installed porcelin tile in 1/2 bath and mud room. We supplied tile and grout. They supplied everything else.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

11/19/2015

Jeff B.

Zyggi and his team were amazing through the remodeling process. They kindly pointed out and educated me about a number of additional errors I made in my attempted do-it-yourself remodel. The team did amazing work and my wife and I could not be more pleased with the finished project. I expanded the project on Zyggi in the midst of the work he was doing. Zyggi was incredible to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to call him for additional work in the future. Next time I will just call him before I try to undertake something I haven't done.

Description of Work
I contacted Zyggi as I was having a difficult time grouting tile in a large do-it-yourself shower remodel I undertook. Zyggi kindly informed me I had chosen a tile mosaic not suitable for wet environments that was sold to me as such by a big box store. He provided many options for me to consider and good education. I researched the tile and quickly found I had made a huge error. Zygote and his team were able to fit my job in, remove the tile, retile and grout.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

02/06/2015

Heather H.

Our kitchen and bath remodeling turned out AMAZING! Everything is absolutely beautiful and we can't say enough wonderful things about Zyggi and his crew. To begin with, our combined experience in the construction and home building business totals more than 30 years so we knew what to look for when talking to contractors. Out of 8 highly rated remodelers that we selected to interview, Zyggi far surpassed them all. We were extremely impressed with: his quality of workmanship, his previous experience supervising the construction of new homes, his responsiveness to calls and questions, his hard work ethic, his timeliness, his fabulous price, and his innovative solutions to unforeseen problems. Every single one of the references that we called also said the same thing. During our remodeling, we had a structural issue where a 14' microlaminated beam was needed to support the wall above our new kitchen cabinets. Within a day Zyggi had it installed so our schedule was not disrupted. In fact, most contractors that we interviewed estimated that our job would take 6 weeks or more. Zyggi worked tirelessly to get it done in under 4 weeks so we would have everything ready for the holidays. There is no one better than Zyggi to complete any remodeling or tiling project. We just can't say enough great things about him and are looking forward to hiring him again in the future!!!

Description of Work
KITCHEN: We replaced a 14' wall section of our kitchen with new floor to ceiling cabinets and a built in refrigerator. We also had Zyggi install interior cabinet strip lighting in the cabinets. We cut a 6' arched opening into our adjoining den and installed antique columns. Tile floors were also installed to match existing tiles. BATH: Complete retiling of floor (450 sf) with underfloor heating, replacement of existing jacuzzi and three step platform and shower area(250 sf). New 1/2" frameless shower door, large shower niche and installation of new granite countertop and sink.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

08/24/2014

Robert K.

Ziggy gave us a quote for remodeling the downstairs bathroom. We knew there was some type of water damage from the existing shower that leaked into the floor. After construction began. Ziggy discovered the extent of the damage and he showed us the damage and explained what he had to do to correct the problem. Ziggy did excellent work and was very fair in his additional charges for work that was unknown at the beginning of the project. Ziggy is a true professional in every sense of the word -- he is excellent at carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc. He is also a gentleman that treats his customers fairly -- and follows through on all he promised. We liked his work so much that we had him do some tuck pointing work on an interior brick wall in our family room And again, an excellent job with not hassle and no excuses -- just excellent work at a fair price. We are saving our money to have Ziggy remodel our upstairs bathroom and kitchen. .

Description of Work
Remodeled the bathroom and tuck pointed interior brick wall.

07/30/2014

James B.

Description of Work
A-Z responded promptly to my email, gave me a quote over the phone and did the work quickly and professionally. I ended up adding to the job and they did the work for little more than the original quote. |Use them with confidence.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

02/19/2014

Kerstin O.

He's good and he's doing a lot of work. His price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
A to Z Tiles & Remodeling is in my house right now and remodeling a bathroom and putting in a wood filling.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

02/16/2014

NOELLE C.

Zyggi and Andrew arrived promptly at 8am every day and worked very very hard each day only stopping for a short lunch. They did beautiful work and Zyggi was also helpful in directing us toward making appropriate design decisions. The crew was always very friendly and respectful. They cleaned up entirely when the project was completed. I would recommend very very highly for quality and price, workmanship, work ethic, and professionalism. I would use them again and recommend to friends, family and neighbors.

Description of Work
Completely gutted bathroom, installed new freestanding bath tub, new shower tile and custom shower floor and drain, new frameless shower door, new vanity, new toilet, new bathroom fixtures, new mirrors, granite on top of vanity, travertine tile, painted, installed new shelving and new canned lighting, moved some electrical outlets.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

09/03/2013

Thomas D.

Zyggi did an outstanding job with our bathroom remodel, and helped recommend options for the space. He arrived promptly at 8 each morning, and both he & his worker were diligent in keeping the worksite clean and minimizing dirt/disruption elsewhere in the house. My wife was comfortable alone in the house with them each day, and appreciated that he would check in when unexpected changes or issues came up. He was very responsive with emails before the project started, and was clear in communicating what to expect once the job had started. We purchased the materials, and he charged for labor & some construction materials. Zyggi even helped us out of a quick bind when the vanity top we'd purchased didn't fit the vanity. He was able to track down an almost identical (if not perhaps a bit nicer) white quartz top at the same price we had paid at Lowe's, and have it delivered in about 2 days. The final timeframe matched his estimate exactly, and the total cost was also equal to the estimate, plus a few small things we agreed to add during the job (extra outlets, lights, etc). We had a baby due about a week after the project finished, so were especially appreciative that timing matched with the original estimate! We are delighted by the quality of the job, and AtoZ Tile & Remodeling will be our first call on future projects!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

02/18/2013

Richard H. W.

Excellent

Description of Work
Removed bathtub, tub surround, stool and flooring. Replaced with walk-in shower, built custom base, installed concrete board on walls and floor. Installed porcelain tile on walls and floor, installed shower door, new stool and porcelain tile floor. Kept us well informed through out the project, met all the dates we ask for, dis an excellent job. Will definitely use Zyggi on future projects

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

11/27/2012

john and sandy W.

The work was completed in four days. One day to level the floor, the second day to lay tile, third day to grout, came back fourth day to clean up and pick up any equipment he left behind.

Description of Work
Ziggy does fantastic work, is punctual and you simply won't find someone who will give you a better price for this kind of quality work. We had him put in our kitchen floor tile in 2011, but he's done other jobs for us in the past - bathroom tub and floor tile and wood floors. The kitchen floor pricing at 2K included his labor and expertise to level our floor and install the tile and the grout. My husband and son removed the two! layers of old ceramic tile themselves to save on labor cost.. The kitchen floor is approx. 210 sq ft. We've never been disappointed with Ziggy and neither have my many friends and coworkers who have had Ziggy work for them. He's an honest man that does quality work for fair wages. You can't ask for more than that.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling