LAKESIDE AUTO REBUILDERS INC

Founded 1975 • With Angi since June 2006

3101 CENTRAL ST

Evanston, IL 60201

Family owned and run for over 35yrs. Experienced in providing top quality repairs on all types of cars. Experience working with all insurance companies. Assistance for rides, rentals, and for Seniors provided....

01/06/2018

Mary F.

If you are looking for a honest shop that does exceptional work for a fair price, this is the place! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
My car was hit and needed body work.

08/28/2017

Esther S.

Perfect. I came in to get an estimate, and they emailed me a detailed proposal. When I dropped the car off, I was told it could take 4 or 5 days. They completed the work in two. The only downside is that they're booked up so far into the future - it took over a month between getting the estimate and the date they could actually do the work.

Description of Work
Taillight and rear panel replacement

Category auto body repair, auto painting

03/02/2017

Libby H.

12/23/2016

nancy C.

12/09/2016

sarah P.

It went great. Armen was pleasant and easy to work with. My car looked great. The individual who swiped our car paid for it, and Armen spoke with both of us professionally and diligently. Lakeside also completed the work in less time than anticipated which was a bonus.

Description of Work
Our car was side swiped and needed repairs to fix the dents/paint scratches on the side and bumpers (and to replace front bumper). We contacted Armen at Lakeside as well as another company. The prices were comparable with Lakeside being about $100 cheaper.

07/21/2016

ronald R.

Description of Work
Honest estimate. Great work. Real pri's..

03/09/2016

Ellen R.

They did a great job for a very fair price. I would highly recommend Lakeside for body work.

Description of Work
Repaired my bumper and fender

12/20/2014

Joshua R.

This is the second time I've used Lakeside Auto Rebuilders to repair by Honda Accord. A family owned business, I value their professionalism and friendliness. They do top-notch body work and have a sensible approach to keeping costs down and quality high. I've heard some complain about waiting a week or more to get in the shop. They are worth a short wait, which speaks to how busy they are for a smaller operation. A culture of satisfaction and accountability trumps these concerns. I'll go back again. Hopefully it is never necessary.

Description of Work
Replaced the hood and painted bumper

Category auto body repair, auto painting, auto repair

07/24/2014

HEIDI AND RICHARD K.

Lakeside Auto Rebuilders is an outstanding repair shop. The owners, brothers Garo and Armen, are friendly, helpful, trustworthy, accommodating--and they are experts at what they do. The cause of my visit to Lakeside, a fender-bender that affected the front driver's side quadrant of our 2011 Prius, occurred at a bad time for the shop. I brought the car to Lakeside on at about 11 am on a Thursday morning--just hours after the incident--and Armen informed me that the schedule for the next two weeks was already very crowded. Furthermore, one of his employees was going to be gone for a week. If I left the car there, I would probably not see it again for about 10 days. Nonetheless, I want to leave the car (it was not safe to drive anyway), and Armen said he would do the best he could to tear it down and order the parts as soon as possible. I received a call from him at 4 pm saying he had opened up the damaged area and completely examined it. Parts would be on order the following day, but he still wouldn't be able to assign an employee to do the work for several days into next week. Understood. Armen called me again on Friday to say the parts had been ordered. Furthermore, he was able to negotiate with my insurance carrier to obtain the automaker's original parts rather than the aftermarket parts that were listed on the insurance inspector's write-up--at no additional cost to me. Wow. The final surprise came this morning—exactly one week after I brought the car in—when Garo called to say that the car was ready to be picked up. Amazing. The car looks brand new! I can’t recommend Lakeside highly enough. They are the best.

Description of Work
Replace front bumper, front driver's side fender and associated trim, turn signal, headlight, etc; paint to match.

07/18/2014

Stephan G.

I noticed scratches on my car. I visited Lakeside for an estimate. They weren't confident that they would be able to buff out the scratches but were willing to try to buff it nevertheless. Although they were very busy, on account of how far I had come to get the estimate, they brought my car in and buffed it out right away. They got rid of all of the scratch on one panel and most of it on the other. What remains of it is really small and only catches my eye if I really look for it. Because they didn't get the whole scratch out though, they prorated the price of a buffing and so I only paid 25 bucks. They also gave me a complimentary wash! As I could paid 25 bucks just to wash my car out at some places, I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Buffed out scratches

04/28/2014

Bernie H.

Was sent there by our auto insurer, State Farm, as a preferred provider. Starting with estimate, they were exceedingly polite, friendly and accommodating. They are a long time (>40 years) family owned operation. Lots of photos of clients and families in office speak well of their being well entrenched in community. After getting approval from State Farm to go ahead, the only mildly irritating aspect was that it was > another month before we could get on their schedule. The day of repair, I brought car in, again they were very friendly and polite. Offered to drive me home although I preferred to walk. Car was ready in two days rather than the three that they predicted. Work done was excellent, car was washed and pretty. I would go back there in a heartbeat- they were a first class operation.

Description of Work
Front end work after a minor fender bender. Front bumper was broken, hood crimped.

02/27/2014

Faith Y.

Very pleased with them. Used them 20 years ago so got estimates from 2 additional body shops. They came in at the lowest price and I'd be without my car for the least amount of time (3d max). Appreciate the brothers' friendliness and professionalism both in person and over the phone. Got estimate on 1/29/14, but they were not able to take me until 2/25/14, which was fine for me so I made the appointment. Called day before to make sure they were still able to take me and they were. Dropped off car at 08:00 2/25/14. Received call on 2/27/14 @ 12:56 at both numbers I left with them informing me that my car was ready. They not only washed the entire car, but cleaned the interior as well. Extremely pleased with the job they did as well as the early completion of the job. Excellent customer service and they definitely care about the quality of their work.

Description of Work
replaced front right fender & passenger side mirror

10/04/2013

Cornell R.

They were very thorough. The estimate was to the cent. They were able to provide all the information for pricing on parts and labor and stuck to the price. It was also ready when they said it would be. It seemed to be family owned, which kind of added to the over all warmth of the company. This helped as far as making it feel comfortable.

Description of Work
They repaired my bumper.

09/23/2013

LOLLA C.

see above

Description of Work
lakeside and Sarki are wonderful. We only take our cars to him bc we trust him completely and bc of quality. This time (like a previous time) he fixed a driver's side mirror the had had parts broken off by a passer by. he did it at no charge-another place would have told us we needed an entire new mirror. when we have had other repairs I always know I am getting treated with completely honesty

09/12/2013

Joshua R.

Sarkis and his sons are a friendly and professional crew. They generated estimates for my insurance company and worked with the rental car agency to provide easy drop-off after hours. Also replaced my left driver's side mirror. Good paint matching for an old car. Friendly service. Vacuumed my car before returning it. Definitely would use them again. My only complaint is that I had to wait to make the appt but they are busy and are a small, family owned business--it was worth the wait and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired damage to the right front bumper and front door of my 99 Honda accord from a collision.

04/11/2011

PETER K.

Very pleased. Armen was very nice to work with and even provided the name of a competitor when asked, so that I could do a price comparison. He completed the car as promised, and was always responsive to my e-mails. He offered two estimates in case more work would be needed to do it right, and he ended up going with the lower estimate, not selling me more than I need. The car looked great when it was done, and they did a phenomenal job cleaning it as well - including vaccuming the interior and tire shine! Only small complaint was that they didn't tigthen the battery connector enough when done so my car didn't start a couple times, which was an inconvenience but an honest oversight and fixable at no cost and simply required a few turns of a bolt. Armen was apologetic for this and it does not skew my view of Lakeside. Would definitely take my car there again.

Description of Work
Had a small area of my Infiniti G35 fender fender repaired. Small enough repair to not have Insurance cover it.

07/17/2009

Frank W.

They are excellent. The car was ready sooner than we thought. They seemed very reasonable with their charges. While I was waiting, I saw numerous thank-yous on the wall. I mentioned this to the owner and he said they were the most recent. He had others filed away.

Description of Work
We used Lakeside Auto to repair our car after a minor accident.

11/19/2008

Susan S.

My wife's Scion XB had some minor scratches in the exterior paint and wanted them fixed before winter. I got two estimates from local body shops which were highly recommended. Lake Side was the much lower bid. We had also had insurance repair work done there after a minor accident and they had done an excellent job. The car was at the shop for two days. When I picked it up, none of the touch up work had been done, only buffing and waxing. I complained and brought the car back the next day. When I picked the car up the touch up painting appeared to have been done by hand with a small brush and looked very amateurish. When I complained again, I was told that this was the best they could do.

Description of Work
Touch up paint, buff and wax car.

10/09/2008

LOLLA C.

Sarkis is amazing. He gives exact estimates and they appear to be comparably a little lower than dealerships or other shops. What is most important is you know that he is only doing what is necessary and is completely honest. The work is impeccable. And, he gave my new teen driver a very 'incly' and gentle lecture about fender benders!

Description of Work
Once we found Lakeside we have never gone anywhere else for auto body work. We have had fenders, mirros, dents and so on worked on/repaired/replaced.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Body Work
    Auto Service
    Auto Painting
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, American Express

Auto collision repair and paint. Windshield and glass replacement. Mirrors replaced, rust repair, detailing, wheels and rims repaired.