We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Greenwise Organic Lawn Care LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2008

1817 Church St

Evanston, IL 60201

Greenwise Organic Lawn Care provides environmentally friendly maintenance, treatments, and landscaping to the North Shore area. We use only 100% natural fertilizers, run our equipment on alternative fuels when possible (the rest are EPA certified) and specialize in rain water harvesting, native plants and organic vegetable gardens. Greenwise provides lawn care services that are completely safe for you, your family and the natural environment. Our design services include both landscape and hardscape all with the environment in mind - we encourage the use of water catchment systems, permeable hardscapes, permaculture, and the integrative use of native plant species. Greenwise also offers winter snow removal services, using de-icing products that are safe for the environment and pets. All pricing is based on the square footage of your property. Each new client begins with a free consultation, during which we measure the property to provide an accurate quote. Contracts are not binding, and bills are sent as services are rendered. All lawn care programs are unique to each client and we strive to provide customer service that allows for easy adjustments when necessary....

05/08/2021

John A.

THe actual work done on my garden I thought was minimal for the huge charge I paid- $2254.00. The con tract was ambiguous and I thought more would be done. I took the advice of the landscaper and thought more would be done. I trusted him but the company chaRGES TOO MUCH.

Description of Work
weeding, installing mulch, and planting a couple of hydrangea and a few other small flowers

06/16/2020

Robert H.

Came out quickly to do an estimate and was able to install within a few weeks - weather permitting. Did an excellent job of prepping the ground, fertilizing and installing the sod. Our lawn is now the best in several blocks!

Description of Work
Installed Sod in our front yard

Category landscaping,lawn treatment

Robert, Thank you for your kind review! We always love hearing when our clients' lawns are the envy of their blocks--and environmentally safe, too! Warmly, Your Greenwise Team

10/04/2019

Matt S.

Great company, can't recommend more highly. Pricing is competitive, always responsive, made payment easy.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance, Mulch

Category lawn service,mulch

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your taking the time to review us and are especially glad that you are so pleased with Greenwise. Thank you for being a Greenwise customer! Best, The Greenwise Team

07/20/2019

Lam H.

When I first contacted Greenwise, we had to reschedule the consultation at our home in Chicago at because of scheduling coordination issues on the part of Greenwise. (The first time we were scheduled to meet with a representative, our appointment "fell through the cracks" because the consultant was no longer with the company and Greenwise didn't seem to know about the appointment — until I called in 30 minutes after it was supposed to start and I had already taken the morning off work.) We finally had our consultation. Great. I received a call yesterday morning while I was at work from someone at Greenwise saying they were out in front of my house ready to plant shrubs. I was very confused because I had never given approval for the shrubs, I had never signed a contract, and I never arranged for a time for the crew to come to do the work at the house — who arranges to do yard work without confirming a time?!?! Today, I received a call from the individual with whom I worked. He accused me of wasting his time — please see my first paragraph where I took off a morning from work to be home for a no show — and argued with me as though his ordering trees and having a crew deliver them to my house at a time that was never established on any contract and without my consent was my fault. He continued to say that I had "agreed" to doing this, and at one point he threatened that we would still need to pay for the trees that we didn't order. Upon reviewing my emails, I confirmed that I never agreed to this. The closest I came to doing this was the following passage from our brief email correspondence: “Thanks so much for dropping by the other day. I think we're interested in doing the front part of the yard only, BUT I have one more question/request. I neglected to ask about this. We were wanting to have a path install in the back yard from our backdoor to the garage.” I'm unclear how when I said we're "interested... BUT...." that translated to, "Yes, please come to the house on ____ date and here's my credit card information." Marcos made it clear he felt I was reneging on a deal/contract — that had never been established. When I confronted him this, he continued to just say, "You agreed to this," without acknowledging that he had made an error. I find this to be highly unreasonable. As a result we do not plan to use their services and recommend others consider another business.

Description of Work
Consultation for planting shrubs

Category landscaping

Thank you for your feedback. It was very helpful for our company and we sincerely appreciate that you took the time to speak to us in detail regarding your experience. Hearing from our customers helps us stand behind our work. For us, that means if you are not happy for any reason, we are not happy, and we will work hard to make it right. Warmly, The Greenwise Team

03/04/2019

NATALIE M.

It was wonderful. They did and excellent job

Description of Work
Landscape

Category landscaping,lawn service

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you were happy with our work and we hope to be able to work with you again! Warmly, the Greenwise team

12/14/2018

Les M.

They never returned my phone call or requist.

Description of Work
A small section of roofing to have shovelled off.

Category snow removal

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry for not responding to your call or request. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our quick response time. We checked our records and couldn't find your name, so I'm not sure what happened. Unfortunately, we don't service Buffalo Grove for snow removal, but we do for the green season. I hope you were able to find someone to help you with your roof. And, I hope you'll consider us again in the spring for your lawn care. Warmly, The Greenwise Team

11/08/2018

Sue A.

Greenwise had done some minor landscape work for me last year and I was pleased with it. I called them in September for two quotes, one to regrade near my house where we have some erosion issues that need to be dealt with now and then to design and implement a new landscape design for the front of my house, for next spring. A guy named Mike came out to meet with me, took lots of pictures and assured me that they would get back to me shortly with both quotes. After three weeks, with no response, I called Greenwise to find out what happened. The person answering the phone assured me that I would get a call back. That was weeks ago. I wish they had just told me that they were too busy.

Description of Work
Landscape design and regrading

07/02/2018

Lee C.

In the next big rain the creek was half filled, indicating that the system is working as designed.

Description of Work
Drainage system and landscaping including two pits filled with stones, 3 50-gallon flo-wells (a brand name) and a decorative dry creek.

Category lawn service

05/30/2018

SL W.

Overall work is very good. Landscaping not done yet.

Description of Work
Front and back yards:back yard clean-up; spring clean-up, pruning, weekly care; weed control, fertilizer, etc. Also some landscaping work.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

03/15/2018

MARY S.

I like them. I will be using them again.

Description of Work
We've been using them every year. We use them for general yard work.

Category lawn service

PREMIER LIGHTING, INC

We are a comprehensive lighting company, specializing in the design, installation, repair and maintenance of residential outdoor lighting systems. We also do indoor lighting servicing, repairs and additions. We take great pride in servicing all of our customers with the care, respect, and attention to detail that we expect ourselves as consumers.

Green City Gardens

Since 2006, Green City Gardens has been beautifying Chicagoland, one yard at a time. Our enthusiasm and dedication are evident in the creativity of our designs and the quality of our work. Since every landscape in different, "cookie cutter" solutions won't do. Green City Gardens personalizes every design according to our clients' needs and desires. We won't show up and dictate what you need...we'll listen to you and give you what you want. From complete landscape design & installation to simple garden makeovers to beautiful flower pots, Green City Gardens can improve your quality of life.

Offers by Green City Gardens on Angi
    3D Brick Paving Inc

Free estimates for all types of wall products, natural stones and brick paving work for outdoor kitchens, living areas, grill enclosure, fire pits, all types of hardscapes, brick driveways, brick patios, walks, retaining walls, seat walls, pillars, steps, and lightning. Our sister companies are 3D Concrete Designs, Choice Cut landscaping and 3D snow removal. We only use subcontractors for Asphalt, Carpentry, Water features and Ponds, Gas lines installations and Sprinkler systems. Which the homeowner can deal with them directly or thru us, we "DO NOT" add any extra charges to their prices. In case of any emergencies, you can call Mike D'Aiello the owner of 3D Brick Paving on his cell, day, night or weekends. 847-417-5510

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Organic lawn care and landscaping including organic fertilization and pest control, core aeration, seeding, regular garden & property maintenance including spring & fall clean up, drainage, permeable driveways, patios, snow removal & holiday lighting.

Ask for details.