We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

CJ Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2013

1906 Greenwood St

Evanston, IL 60201

CJ Plumbing & Heating is a 24/7 family-owned and operated company that serves homeowners and businesses throughout Lake, Cook, DuPage, and McHenry counties. Recipient of Angie's List 2017 Super Service Award, we have proudly served Chicagoans for nearly 30 years with honest, professional, and competitively priced solutions. Our team of professional plumbers and technicians are licensed, bonded, insured, knowledgeable, and trained to use state-of-the-art equipment that delivers guaranteed red carpet satisfaction every time. You will be completely informed of every step throughout the process and receive documented procedure reports upon completion. We are also COVID-19 compliant, so our staff follows CDC guidelines before, in-between, and after any job and takes additional preventative measures to ensure safety and peace of mind. No job is too big or too small. Contact us today for a free estimate!...

08/05/2022

jonathan Z.

Review for c and j They ruined my ceiling and refuse to accept responsibility. As you can see from the pictures: before they came, I had sent a picture to my handyman to ask him to sand, spackle and paint (a $150 job). Now, someone has to come cut out my ceiling and replace the plaster (a $2,500 job). The guys who came were very nice and proceeded to rod our toilets but when they went to do the one upstairs, they didn’t drain the tank or the bowl (gallons and gallons of water) so, when they moved it to get at the drain, water went all over the bathroom floor into every crack. My wife saw toilet water running down the ceiling and kitchen walls below and went to ask what was happening (thank god she saw it). Only then did they ask for towels and start to mitigate how much water had gotten away from them. By then, the damage was done. Now we have several cracks in our ceiling and one is a hazard- the light doesn’t work and it looks like it could fall down at any moment. At first the ceiling didn’t seem so bad but after the water settled in and soaked the plaster over the course of a week or so, it was clear real damage had been done. I contacted the owner and he denied all responsibility (and wasn’t nice about it either- refused to come look at, said they’d done nothing wrong), he even said it was there before from something I did. Well, there’s clearly a difference between what was there before and after his guys did the job. I would have my insurance cover it but it’s smaller than my deductible. I’m fine with the bill for the original service being $500 more than I was quoted. If the crack in the ceiling was a simple spackle and paint job as it was before, I would be fine with that too. I just would have liked them to accept responsibility and use their insurance to cover their mistake. That’s what insurance is for.

Description of Work
Rodding toilet

08/06/2021

Kim H.

The new part did not correct the problem. Dmitry and Lenny helped me decide on a new toilet. Lenny moved quickly, making sure the unit was in proper condition. I recommend CJ to all of my friends.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

01/12/2021

HOWARD L.

Excellent. Our Technician Lenny was excellent and very professional. He not only found what we thought was the original problem - that the wax seal was bad, but found 2 other issues that might have caused additional problems in the future. We were very pleased with his work and with CJ Plumbing in general

Description of Work
work on a toilet

12/31/2020

DWIGHT C.

Dmitry arrived in a timely manner to estimate situation and within 45 min. the worker arrived and began removal and installation of battery back-up sump pump. Very clear explanation of problem and solution. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Replaced old sump pump with a battery back up sump pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, wells

12/23/2020

Alex J.

Dmitry and his outfit are top-notch and most important, honest with their customers on work, pricing labor and what needs to and needs not be done. Could not recommend these guys enough for anyone in Chicago area.

Description of Work
Nightmare Ceiling Leak

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

10/26/2020

Nancy G.

emergency plumbing problem on a Sunday

Description of Work
This is actually the 2nd time we hired CJ Plumbing. Just recently we had an emergency plumbing issue. Called CJ and they came out immediately to fix our issue. As before Dmitry called to follow up. It’s nice to know this company cares about their customers and the work they do. We can not thank you enough.

Thank you so much!

10/22/2020

Dan P.

Great experience. Quick and courteous response by Dmitry when I called in the morning, and he managed to schedule a plumber to come the same day. Larry did a great job on what ended up being a messy job, with a sense of humor while taking proper Covid precautions and maintaining professionalism. CJ will be my go-to plumbing service from now on. Highly recommended..

Description of Work
Toilet clearing and adjustment of sump pump drain outliet

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you so much!

09/25/2020

Dan D.

Dmitry was very quick and efficient, explained everything that he was doing and checked in with my several times during the process to make sure I was satisfied. Very happy with the results!

Description of Work
Needed a new in-house shutoff valve installed as well as a new outside hose spicket.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

08/22/2020

Gil and Lara S.

Lenny from CJ Plumbing came on time, and did an immaculate job! We needed to connect a new sink in our kitchen, and not only that CJ Plumbing are well versed with the code, they also came with the great idea of using an air-switch! The cost was very reasonable, and the execution of the work immaculate. We highly recommend CJ Plumbing and we will most definitely use them again

Description of Work
Connecting new kitchen sink

07/28/2020

Donald A.

I initially was experiencing flooding in the drain underneath my furnace in the basement. Dmitry called me within the hour I submitted a request online for a quote, and he came out a few hours later to assess the problem. He was very thorough and it turns out my sump pump needed to be replaced (over 13 years old). One of his employees came out the very next day and completed the sump pump replacement within an hour and a half. I have experienced no flooding issues since and am very happy with their service, especially with their responsiveness (I have not received a quote response from 2 other businesses on Angie's List as of yet).

Description of Work
Sump Pump Replacement

Category plumbing, wells

07/18/2020

Miriam J.

Had an exterior faucet that needed to be replaced. Lenny was great. I requested a quote around 1 pm and he was there to fix it by 3:30. He was fast and did a great job!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure serving you. Give us a call anytime in the future, we would love to work with you again!

Illian A.

Quick and quality heater replacement

Description of Work
Plumbing

Ray H.

Excellent. A minor problem arose with fitting new sink to existing pipes and they handled it smoothly and quickly. Timely, efficient, courteous and thorough. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Plumbing. Reinstall faucet and garbage disposal and rebook up water

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you so much for using CJ Plumbing for your service! Should a problem ever occur again, please don't hesitate to call us anytime.

Lou G.

Trust! I think trust is most important in choosing an expert to fix a problem. Of course experience, knowledge, ability and integrity are also needed. But trusting the reviews written by others or trusting the recommendation of a friend is sometimes all we have to go by. I had a clogged drain about 15 feet “downstream” from my kitchen sink. It was the result of overzealous use of the garbage disposal. I tried snaking the drain myself but the clog was too big (turns out about 2 feet of drain was totally blocked). I did research on several websites looking for a plumber in my area who I could trust to do the work right - at a fair price. I narrowed the list to 4 companies. At 7:15 PM on a weekday I called each of them. I got two answering services that could not answer any of my technical questions, another said they would have someone call me back “in a few minutes” (never happened) and then there was Dmitry. Dmitry is one of the owners of CJ Plumbing. He answered the phone himself. He was able to discuss my issue intelligently, explain the likely scenarios and give me an estimated price range (min and max) for the job. It was clear from his questions and his input that he understood the problem and knew the likely solutions. As it turns out, he was absolutely correct about the issue and what it would take to fix it. I wanted to consider what he said before making a commitment. He said I could call him back anytime in the next few hours. I called several hours later and again he answered the phone and we scheduled a visit for the following afternoon. The plumber who showed up (not the person I spoke to) was a delight to work with. He was professional, polite, and patient as he answered my many questions. He tried a few “easy” options to fix the problem (e.g. using a powered drain snake). When those did not work he said the best option was to cut out the clogged section of drain (which he had located) and replace it with a new section of pipe. The clogged part of the pipe included two 90 degree bends. He removed that section and replaced the sharp bends with pairs of 45 degree bends to allow waste to pass through the more easily. The drain pipe ran along the ceiling of my unfinished basement so there was direct access to the pipe. After replacing the section of pipe he verified that there were no leaks and cleaned up the area of the basement where he worked as well as the area under the kitchen sink. He even cleaned the sink. I was VERY pleased with his work and with his personality. The cost of the repair was within the range quoted on the phone (though near the higher end). My trust in CJ Plumbing was rewarded by their performance and their honesty. I would definitely use them again and would recommend them to friends and family. I recommend them to YOU.

Description of Work
Unclog drain pipe from sink

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for writing such kind words. We appreciate and value every client. Hope to work with you again in the future.

06/07/2020

Tracy B.

Great. Prompt and work was completed quickly but correctly.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement

Category plumbing, wells, drain pipe

05/29/2020

Angelia W.

Lenny was phenomenal. He showed up at my condo within an hour of the initial call, right away diagnosed the problem, and then fixed it and even cleaned up my tub and surrounding area afterwards. Super professional and efficient. Deadass give him a raise! He's easily the best plumber I've ever worked with.

Description of Work
bathroom drain clog

Category drain cleaning

We pride ourselves on our wonderful team and we are glad to hear that they are providing the best of services to all. We appreciate your business! Thank you.

05/27/2020

John M.

I have had CJ Plumbing do work before and they were excellent. This time they replaced my 3 sump pumps because they were too weak to eject the water from recent heavy rains. They acted professionally, did high quality work, explained every step they were going to take during the install, explained the pricing and communicated frequently. In summary, these guys are top-notch! I will definitely use them again!!

Description of Work
Replacement of underperforming sump pumps

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you very much for your review, it's truly appreciated.

05/06/2020

Adna L.

Excellent! Lenny asked many questions, went to the basement to make sure he saw leakage connected to the toilet upstairs. He determined that the wax seal needed to be replaced and as he took the toilet out he showed us the condition it was and why it needed to be replaced. He not only replaced it, but also put a seal around the toilet, which we didn't have before, he even cleaned the grout that was beginning to be damaged around the bowl. He came wearing a mask, put on booties, and even put some cleaning gel on my hand after I signed. Very pleasant and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Replacement of the wax seal for the toilet bowl.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

05/06/2020

Anita R.

I received a call within a few minutes of requesting a quote and I scheduled an appointment. Lenny showed up right on time. He was polite and efficient. The work was done well and he left a clean space inside and outside the house. Also, he wore appropriate protective gear and maintained appropriate distance for COVID. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Outside Faucet Replacement

01/20/2020

Maria G.

They were very good! They were able to find all the broken water supply lines in my house, and there were many. They were fast and did quality work. Would recommend to anyone that wants the job done right the first time. Great!!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Thank you! We hope to work with you again.

01/18/2020

MARIA G.

These guys are outstanding!!! Great work done fast!!

Description of Work
Many burst supply lines replaced

Category plumbing

Thank you, we appreciate your business immensely.

09/15/2019

Monica R.

Fabulous job, all went great. The plumber came early morning on time, answered all of the my questions, then did the job quickly and professionally, and went the extra mile to not only install the bath fixtures, but he also changed the water shutoff turn knobs. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Change of bath and tub fixtures

08/06/2019

Mary B.

I looked on A’s list and saw C&J Plumbing and called. Dmitriy answered, asked my location and if I were home. He was at my door in ten minutes and solved the problem in three more. He also listened and followed me around my townhouse to see if the mystery of the flood could be solved. There is a pump that takes overflow and condensation to the city pipes and his thought was that it may have failed and then started again. He advised I check the drain that leads to it each night and call them if it starts to back up. I asked how much and he said, “Don’t worry about it.” COURTEOUS. AVAILABLE KNOWLEDGEABLE WITH NO HUSTLE OR HARD SELL!!! I found my plumbers!

Description of Work
After a mystery clean-water flood of our basement, I turned off the main feed to our water heater. After returning it to on, and using hot water in most of the house, I recognized two problems: the upstairs bathroom faucet had no water pressure and the tub faucet water wasn’t clean.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! Appreciate the review, and I was more than happy to help you out. If you don't mind leaving a review on Google, that'd be great also! Let us know how we can help at anytime.

06/25/2019

Ross B.

It went very well. Team was very professional and did a quality job. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced plumbing to utility room sink.

Category plumbing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! Appreciate the review and we're always happy to help!

11/22/2018

Tom S.

Lenny, the technician, was prompt and professional. He worked quickly and efficiently. He replaced the old for new and I was up in no time flat.

Description of Work
My garage disposal burned out right before Thanksgiving and I needed someone to come out and replace it. Dimitry (the owner) called me and gave me a very fair price for a 3/4 HP Insinkerator 333. I contacted 3 other plumbers and CJ Plumbing understood my urgency.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]! Always happy to help, and Lenny was glad he could help you out. If you don't mind leaving a review on our Google page as well, we would really appreciate it! Here's the link: https://bit.ly/2LNreJE

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning

All Temp is Chicago's heating, cooling and home comfort company. We provide top-notch sales, service, repair and maintenance at the most competitive prices.We are family-owned since 1938. We have more than 85 employees. We do not use sub contractors. Always feel free to call us with your questions or for sales and service. We provide a free in-home estimate should you need a new a/c or furnace. Call 1-800-All-Temp for information, or one of our local #s listed here. (630) 783-0455, (630) 369-7150, (773) 588-6500, (312) 284-5500, (708) 395 4810, (312) 421-0065, (847) 441-5521, (630) 369-7150, (630) 783-0455, (630) 810-1888. We are at your service 24/7. Ask for Mike Clark, Erin Wayda or Rick Jacobs. See website for additional service area. Award winning.

Offers by All Temp Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    G & R Heating & Air

We are a family owned and operated company, specializing in heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, and more! We personally care for each customer like our own family. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by G & R Heating & Air on Angi

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    055-003875
    Illinois
    Illinois: Plumbers
    09/30/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential and Commercial Plumbing, Sewer, Water & Drainage Solutions throughout Chicagoland. Bathroom, Kitchen, Laundry & Utility Room Installations - Clogged & Frozen Drains - Drain Cleaning - Hydro Jetting - Water Heater & Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair - Furnace Installation & Repair - Sump Pump Installation & Repair - Ejector Pump Installation & Repair - Sewer Line Camera Inspection, Installation & Repair - Gas Leak Detection & Repair - Slab Leak Detection & Repair - HVAC System Installation & Repair - Garbage Disposal Installation & Repair - Copper & CPVC Piping & Rerouting - Pressure Testing - Back Flow Installation.