Apelian Carpets & Orientals Inc

Founded 1946 • With Angi since September 2007

2900 Central St

Evanston, IL 60201

In 1946 Harry Apelian and his two son’s Jack and George after returning from the war, decided to open a cleaning and repair business. Cleaning of Oriental Rugs was their specialty. The cleaning business grew into cleaning in the home, both carpet and furniture.In 1965 after many years of dedicated customers, the Apelian’s expanded, building a showroom in the front. Introducing a full range of carpeting from many well known mills, wood flooring, ceramic, vinyl tile, and Hundreds of Handmade and Machine made Orientals on display. In the early 70’s sons George Stanley and Garry Apelian came into the business as the third generation. Apelian still takes great pride in their cleaning department. The original building built in 1946 is now our cleaning plant behind our showroom. Our cleaning crew has many years of experience and friendly personal service. Our unique sales staff gives personal service to each and every customer. There is no middleman at Apelian. Each customer’s salesperson knows the details of the project from start to finish....

09/14/2017

Tracy M.

They're very nice and very like low pressure. Their prices are pretty good. We just, I don't know, for whatever reason, we just haven't ever ended up using them. We didn't end up having that runner installed on the stairs, so it's not like we went with another company instead of them. I thought their quote was reasonable. They're nice, they're a family run company, prompt responsiveness. Their price was pretty good.

Description of Work
I don't know that I've actually used them for anything, but I've definitely been in their store many times and they came out to give us measurements to do a runner of the stairs. I've gone in there like multiple times. I've gotten like samples front hem and brought them over.

Category furniture repair

09/16/2014

Sally S.

My white stairs were very dirty after emptying everything from a very dusty attic. I also had some dirt at the edges of my white carpet in the dining room. I had a few spots on some wool carpet, and another white carpet. They cleaned all of these things and my upstairs hall carpeting, and it all looks so good now. The cleaning guys did a great job and were extremely prompt and professional. I also have 2 wool rugs from Apelian that I got for a good price and I like very much. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaned my carpeting.

Category carpet cleaners

01/17/2014

Penny B.

I had contracted Apelian to clean certain area rugs/carpets and emphasized that removing the dining room carpet would require 3 to 4 men. I offered to cover any additional cost since 2 men would not be able to lift the heavy 10 ft marble top of our dining room table. Disregarding my insistence, Apelian sent only 2 men to replace the rug which of course required lifting the marble dining table top. Needless to say, the beautiful marble table top -- given to my husband and me by my parents as a wedding and house gift -- fell and broke. I immediately called Apelian, described what had occurred, offered photos to show the table broken in half, and asked that they either arranged to find a new marble table top -- although i feared that this Rose Italian Marble, bull-nosed solid 10 foot piece would be difficult to find - or cover cost for a new one. Not a single follow-up to my requests for their solution, not even a polite phone call in response to my great distress came even after 3 more phone attempts immediately following the breakage. Only once a month later was I told by someone on the Apelian staff how sorry he was, that he would contact the claims department regarding their insurance as well as their attorney about covering table replacement or replacement cost, and then he would get back to me. Still, no return call. Even after I personally stopped by the store on multiple occasions and asked to speak with the owner or his son with copies in hand of invoices and estimates of cost to replace the marble that had been provided by the interior designer who helped us find the original, NOT ONE follow-up communication to repeat, NOT ONE PHONE CALL IN RESPONSE, NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY ARRIVED, AND EQUALLY AS OFFENSIVE, I WAS IGNORED BY THE OWNER WHO DISAPPEARED WHEN I VISITED THE STORE AND ATTEMPTED TO SPEAK WITH HIM. Because I am the executive director of an integrative cancer treatment center, my available hours are extremely limited, but I continued to pursue whenever an opportunity to drive to the store was plausible. My final encounter was shocking! In very insulting, rude tone I was dismissed with a comment to the effect, "This issues is two years old now," particularly shocking since i had made many, many attempts in the preceding time, hoping for some responsible, thoughtful conduct in response to the damage they had caused. Although I did not select Apelian based on recommendation of Angie's List, since I have a membership and trust the Angie's List recommendations, and when I saw Apelian mentioned in the monthly catalog, I felt it imperative to describe my experience. At this point I fell Apelian deserves the word "reprehensible" and merits on place on your list on which I continuously rely with full confidence. In fact I regret but Apelian belongs in your Penalty Box. Sadly, Apelian did a good cleaning job, but I would caution anyone with any valuable piece in your home against allowing Apelain to clean any carpets and definitely not if its's necessary to move any furniture or furnishings if necessary to remove a carpet or rug for cleaning. I'm confident that there are other good carpet and rug cleaning services in Evanston that have responsible business practices and are respectful towards their customers.

Description of Work
Carpet clean up

Category carpet cleaners

11/07/2013

Donna Terry K.

It went very well. The carpet layers were excellent. George Jr. helped us pick out the carpeting and I wanted to make sure the carpeting was not lower than the tiling already installed, he came out and checked personally once. The guys putting the carpeting in advised me and really did a great job to make sure my concerns were addressed. They moved the furniture from room to room, I can not say enough nice things. They did not damage anything, I would recommend them. They came on time.

Description of Work
They carpeted my whole apartment.

07/03/2013

Clarice D.

Everything went fine, the sales person was very nice. She showed up when she was suppose to and then we went to the showroom and placed our ordered. They took out the old and put in the new and we are very satisfied. We selected the date we wanted the carpet and requested they call us before coming which they did.

Description of Work
We had new carpet installed.

06/13/2013

Carolina S.

Apelian Carpets & Orientals Inc is great.

Description of Work
They provided a rug bag

04/29/2013

Valeria Y.

I got very terrible, terrible service from Apelian Carpets & Orientals Inc. Instead of cleaning my rugs, they made them worse. They had big yellow spots on them. So I called them and they came back to pick it up again. It was even worse after the second time. One rug was completely ruined. They're so bad, there's nothing we can do now. They were not responsive to my needs. They tried to tell me it was worse before they cleaned it, but that's absolutely not true. There were no yellow spots before. There's nothing they can do about it. I want them to do something about this.

Description of Work
They cleaned my rugs.

Category oriental rug cleaning

04/22/2013

Sally S.

Everything was great! I have no complaints. I do know one of the owners, but that doesn't take away from my review.

Description of Work
I have had Apelian clean my stairs and hallways. they also cleaned the edges of my white carpeting where dirt had collected over the years, and it looked better. I have also bought area rugs from them. They did a great job on cleaning and were very fair on pricing of the area rugs. I give them high grades on sales of carpeting, cleaning of carpeting, and great service. They are very professional and courteous. I can't remember what I paid for the cleaning , but i got a sale price that was very reasonable ,and the area rug wool carpets were also good prices after I researched other places.

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation

01/30/2013

JOHN C.

Apelian was prompt and courteous in pick up and delivery, did a beautiful job of cleaning the rug and replacing the dog-chewed fringe on one side.

Description of Work
Excellent Oriental Rug Cleaning and Fringe Repair

Category oriental rug cleaning

01/15/2013

Gretchen F.

They did a fine job. I would use them again and recommend them as well. I did get a bid from someone else but it cost more and was cheaper material. So I decided to go with Apelian Carpets & Orientals.

Description of Work
Installed carpets for my whole apartment

Master Service Group Inc

At Master Service Group, we pride ourselves on providing the full gamut of restoration services to both residential and commercial customers in a high-quality and ethical manner. Since the founding of this company, we’ve never been ones to stay complacent – and we’ve made it out mission to continue to learn and evolve with how we perform work as new information and technology becomes available. Our professionals are IICRC-certified and follow the latest industry standards when it comes to our offered services, and we’re constantly reading industry publications, attending industry trade shows, consulting with peers and seeking continuous education to further master our craft. We’re not one of those carpet cleaning companies who also offers water damage restoration services, we’re a restoration company that exclusively provides restoration work. In other words, we’re a restoration company for people who need restoration work, a company that’s investing in the latest technologies and equipment to better provide our services to you, our customers. It’s not uncommon to face obstacles in restoration projects, as the presence of asbestos, lead or mold can complicate certain jobs. Failure to properly handle these obstacles can lead to major health implications, which is why it’s important for such to be properly taken care of. We know how to handle these obstacles – and it’s because we take the time to carefully analyze and plan every project that we work on. Over the years, we’ve worked hard to assemble a team of engineers, architects, and environmental and safety consultants to be able handle all projects the right way, no matter how big or how small. As an accredited Better Business Bureau company, our reputation precedes itself – and it’s this great reputation that has helped us not just stay in business, but continue to grow. This was especially true of a time when so many others faltered at the height of the 2008 great recession. Property damage is never a situation t

Redymaid Corporation

We at Redymaid, specialize in interior Home & commercial cleaning. Deep/Seasonal ccleans Office/Stores/Common areas Standard house cleans/Recurring cleans With over 3yrs and a client base of over 50 recurring Homes and Businesses monthly that we clean and care for, Redymaid is always prepared and ready to accommodate any job big or small. Our staff is trained and professional at all times. Lead cleaner/Founder has over 5yrs and over 4,000 plus cleans is always willing and able to assist.

Sir Grout Chicago

Sir Grout is adapting to the fight against the "invisible enemy". To cope with social distancing we are offering virtual estimates and during service our techs will take the measures recommended by the CDC, such as no handshaking, multiple hand washing and use of protective equipment. We provide top-rated tile, grout, and stone restoration and care services designed to enhance & protect hard surfaces in homes and businesses. We are a leading innovator and award-winning company in the "hard surface" restoration and care industry that recognizes the special needs of our customers. Our services include: - Grout cleaning, sealing, and recoloring with our renowned ColorSeal process - Tile cleaning and sealing - Stone restoration, honing, and polishing on marble, travertine, granite, slate and other natural stone - Bathroom and shower regrouting and recaulking services - Kitchen and bathroom stone countertop honing and polishing - High durability coatings for extra protection of hard surfaces, indoors and outdoors - Slip-resistant applications Sir Grout has been recognized by notable organizations like Home Advisor, Angie's List, Google, Yelp, TrustDale, Entrepreneur Magazine and others as the best option to restore your hard surfaces in both residential and commercial environments. We offer free, in-home/office consultations and make it quick, easy and convenient for you to learn about our top-quality services. Contact us today and let us transform your hard surfaces to looking like new again in less than a day.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Broadloom Carpet, Solid & Engineered Wood, Laminate, Ceramic Tile , Handmade & Machine-made Area Rugs, Custom Rugs Carpet & Furniture Cleaning, Repair & Restoration of Area Rugs