Good Move Movers

Illinois Commerce Commission
04/21/2030

730 N York Street

Elmhurst, IL 60126

Good Move Movers is a moving and storage company located in Elmhurst, Illinois. We specialize in local residential moving. We also have temperature controlled, fully licensed and insured warehouse. Our prices for local packing and moving are always competitive and our storage pricing is prorated per day. We also do overnight storage to accommodate closing days. All moving professionals must pass background checks....

movers (103)storage unit (10)handyman (1)

12/01/2021

Very pleased with the movers. On time, efficient, respectful and affordable. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving from one house to another

Category towing,moving companies

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

11/16/2021

They have not yet invented words to describe completely how fantastic Good Moves is!! No need to call around if you are moving, just call Good Moves!! They actually made moving an enjoyable experience!!!

Description of Work
Moved Apartments

Category towing,moving companies

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

11/02/2021

Good Move Movers were absolutely wonderful. The driver called to verify their time of arrival, which I very much appreciated. The men were so professional, efficient and pleasant to work with. Everything went so smoothly. I would highly recommend Good Move Movers to anybody planning a move. The moving coordinator at Brookdale in Glen Ellyn highly recommended them to me when I made plans to move to Independent living, and I am so grateful that she did.

Description of Work
Moviing

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

10/28/2021

The moving went great. They were on time, courteous, and priced right. We moved from a 3rd floor office to a 1st floor home. The elevator in the 3rdfloor broke after one trip. They didn't complain. We will definitely hire them again. Thanks to Chris for setting it up. Thanks to movers Ricky, T.J., and Tony. They were even nice to my dog.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

09/24/2021

The day of the move was Monday, August 8, 2021. The movers arrived on time (approximately 8:30 a.m.) and was ready to get started. There were 3-men; however, the youngest man (maybe 21 years-old) did all the work. He also dropped a couple items outside as I was watching. My bedframe was cracked on the bottom left-side and I asked could they move it with care or otherwise don't move it at all. Yet, I was told it would be "alright" and if anything happens to it they would fix it. My bedframe was the only item needing disassembling and reassembling; however, they disassembled my dining room table as well. Since, 90% of my packing was storage containers, it was easy for them to stock up the truck. We went to the house on the first run and when taking storage containers to the basement, I could hear that they were being dropped. I went to the basement and asked them to be careful with them. I went upstairs to find that storage containers that were all labeled (i.e. Room #1, Room #2, Room #3, Basement, 1st Flr Bath, 2nd Flr Bath, Kitchen, Living Room, & Dining Room) were being placed anywhere. I did ask them to please read the labels and place them accordingly. When we went back to the apartment, there was not much to stock on the truck. We went back to the house and the movers refused to disassemble my headboard to take upstairs, which I thought was strange. I told them that I requested this one item to be disassembled and reassembled and I wanted it done. With much hesitation they did it. Afterwards, they showed me that they broke the sideboard that I specifically told them to be careful with or leave it at my apartment. At that time, they proceed to take the remainder of my bedframe to the basement. My Couch & Chase were pulled in to the house upside down. They became dirty because they were not fully wrapped. I noticed a scrape on the Chase, but the mover would not acknowledge it when I brought it to his attention. The young man brought in my tall/thin lamp and it was broken in half. He said that he could fix it with tape, which he went on to put 3-5 centimeters of tape around it. They kept my patio door open the entire time on both trips and you can just imagine how many mosquitos and flies I had inside of the house. At some point when I was upstairs in my bedroom wondering what am I going to do now about the bedframe (that they told me I could go to Home Depot and just have them to cut a new piece of wood to replace the one they had broken), I went downstairs because they were calling me saying, "were done." When I got downstairs, I could smell a cigarette. That was because one of the movers had one in his mouth that he must have put out seconds before I came downstairs. They had a paper for me to sign for the total amount that was due, which I signed and they gave me a copy of. They quickly hurried out of the patio door and left. In their haste to leave my house, they left behind to dirty blankets that they used to cover my furniture (one was in the basement and the other was left in my living room). When I called the driver to let him know that he left them at my house he replied, "just leave them there, don't tell my boss or I will get in trouble." Loss/Damages/Clean-Up 1. My LED 55' Inch Television was broken (unfixable)-Loss 2. $90 Porcelain Pot broken-was in several layers of bubblewrap inside of a tote. This is how I know that when I heard crashing sounds from the basement, they were dropping the totes on the floor. (unfixable)-Loss 3. Tall Lamp broken (unfixable)-Loss 4. 3-Drawer Storage Container broken (unfixable)-Loss 5. Chaise Couch Chair Scrapped/Scratched (I don't know how to fix that)-Damaged 6. Wine Stand Glass Holder Bent (I bent it down as much as I could so it could hold steady the glass)-Damaged 7. Dirty Couch & Chaise, even though it was supposed to be wrapped by the movers (I had to thoroughly wipe it down and wait for it to dry)-Clean-Up 8. There was a scratch on my new Bedroom Dresser because they threw a tote on top of it (I don't know how to fix that)-Damaged 9. There was a Rip in my Card Table (3-5 centimeters long) even though it was supposed to be wrapped up by the movers (unfixable)-Loss 10. The movers scrapped the stairway ceiling and 2-upper walls due to forcing my Mattress and Box Spring up the stairs (needed to be repainted)-Clean-Up 11. The Mattress & Box Spring had dirt on them, which I had to thoroughly clean off-Clean-Up 12. One Ceramic Statue had a broken piece, even though I personally bubblewrapped it in several layers myself and placed it in a tote. This is how I know that when I heard crashing sounds from the basement, they were dropping the totes on the floor. (I used Gorilla Glue to put it back together)-Damaged 13. Another Ceramic Statue had a broken arrow, which I also thoroughly bubblewrapped it in several layers myself (I attempted the Gorilla Glue several times to no avail) . This is how I know that when I heard crashing sounds from the basement, they were dropping the totes on the floor.-Damaged 14. The Dining Room Table that they disassembled in my apartment, they left it disassembled in the basement at my new house. I do not have any instructions on how to use the 30+ screws, so I cannot reassemble it-Clean-Up I was emailed by the Good Move Movers on 8/12/2021 to follow-up and see how the move went. I responded to the email about what happened and what was damaged. On 8/13/2021, I was sent a Claims Form to complete by Good Move Movers. I had to make several copies of the form as it only provided 5 lines for damages, which I needed many more. I submitted the completed forms on 8/16/2021. On 8/17/2021 I received an email from a Company called Focus Moving Solutions who were allegedly a 3rd Party Company who was working with Good Move Movers regarding the damages. I was informed that they only do assist with what Good Move Movers approve. The requested specific information and pictures which were sent on 8/19 and 8/23/2021. I received an email from Focus Moving Solutions on 9/13/2021 only asking if I still had paint left over for someone to come and paint the scrapes/scratches on the walls. I informed them that there was paint in the basement but I did not paint anything in the house, it was already painted when I purchased the house. They went on to say that a company would be contacting me regarding setting up an appointment to come paint. When I received the first call from this painting company, I was at work. I did call them back during the early evening after I got off work and completed my errands. I specifically indicated my hours of work (I am a School Psychologist and there is a lot going on that I cannot answer my phone at work unless I'm available) and I asked if they could call me back after work hours. Days later they called and left another voicemail while I was at work. I called them back as soon as I left work at approximately 2:56 p.m.; however, there was no answer. I left another voicemail message indicating my work hours. Days went past and I never received a follow-up call, so I called the company on 9/21/2021 as I had a small caseload at work that day. The female representative answered who had left the previous voicemails on my phone. She indicated that their earliest appointments were 10/13 & 10/19/2021. I asked what times were available and she responded, "12:00-3:00 p.m.," which I responded, "I cannot do those times because I'm at work." In an unprofessional voice the woman responded, "well that's the latest time we have." I responded by saying, "well I will not take off work with servicing the kids for you to paint my wall and I was never informed of your work hours." She nonchalantly said, "well that's what we have," and I replied, "oh well I can't take off work." I did contact the representative of Focus Moving Solutions LLC who is assigned to my case on 9/21/2021 to indicate my experience with this "unprofessional painting company" and that it is important that the companies who are picked by Focus Moving Solutions LLC "have a flexible schedule or work hours because people like myself have to work in order to pay our mortgages." The representative emailed me back and indicated that a man named Steve would be calling me to schedule an appointment to paint. Even though I was in Midas getting my car serviced, I noticed that I had a missed call from someone with the first name of Steve. Remember I was never provided with a last name for Steve or what Company he worked for. I called Steve back and he set-up an appointment with me for 9/23/2021 at 3:00 p.m. He also asked about the paint, which I repeated for the 3rd time that there was paint in the basement but I don't know which of them were used to paint the walls. Steve asked if he could text me on 9/22/2021 to confirm our appointment for 9/23/2021, which I agreed. However, when he texted me on 9/22/2021, he spelled my name wrong indicating a man's name and not a woman's name. I did text him back letting him know to please read your texts before sending them as I do not like to be referred to as a man's name. In order to prevent this, he should have just called me by my last name because I had not given him permission to call me by my first name, which is very unprofessional. On 9/23/2021 at approximately 2:42 p.m. while I was driving home from work, Steve texted me and said he was already at my house and he requested that I called him when I arrived. Again, I agreed to by at home by 3:00 p.m. and I do not like to be rushed by someone who arrived at my house earlier than expected. I arrived home at and called Steve at 2:53 p.m. and he indicated that he would come to my front door. When Steve arrived, he was obviously a 80-year-old man who told me instantly, "I'm not a painter." I let Steve in my house, even though he mentioned he was not a painter in hopes that he could do the job appropriately. We went in the basement and he kept asking me several questions about the paint I did not buy or use. There was only one paint bucket in the basement in which I purchased, which I told him. He kept asking me to read some unrecognizable letters on the paint cans, which I kept telling him I also could not read them. He believed that he found the correct color for two walls but there was little paint in them. He said he would stir it up and it should be enough to cover the scraps/scratches. Since there were two different colors on the walls he decided to use the paint I purchased for one wall. This is when everything went horribly wrong. Steve brought in some things from his car/truck. With it there was a dirty rag that he went into my kitchen without permission and put this dirty rag in my kitchen sink to wet it. I was trying to be patient and respect my elders. He said that he was going to try to clean some of the scraps/scratches from the walls first. He went on to use the paint that he picked (that he felt was the same color on 2-walls). Well, he was wrong, that was not the right color and the scrapes/scratches are covered with a separate color on the 2-walls, which now looks like I live in an abandoned building. He used my paint to cover up a portion of scrapes/scratches on another wall; however, as he mentioned I'm not a painter, he did not stroke the paint smoothly so it now looks like clumps and drips. The last part of the wall he refused to do as he said that I did not have that color in the basement (white, but there were several of them in the basement). He also indicated that if he painted the one area, he would have to paint the entire ceiling because it would look discolored everywhere else. I responded, "I do not expect you to repaint my entire ceiling, but I expect that you were sent here to repaint the damaged wall paint." Again, he started complaining about he was not going to do it, so I left it alone. Afterwards, I asked him if he was going to clean up the mess, which he barely looked around and said what mess? I pointed out that there was paint on my wooden coffee table, all over the floor by the stairs, the front door, the living room, the dining room, in the kitchen, down the basement stairs and on the basement floor. He took that same dirty rag and went back inside my kitchen and put it in the sink running water over it and using my dish liquid. He put the soapy dirty rag on my wooden dining room table and I ran inside the kitchen to get paper towels to dry it off immediately. He said he didn't see anything else, so I had to point the areas out for him. He took this same dirty rag and attempted to clean-up but did not do a good job. Then he asked me if he could use my laundry sink in the basement. I said yes the first time, even though he did not seem to have any care for how long he ran the water because he does not pay bills at my house. He went on to using the laundry sink 3 more times and allowing the water to run as he cleaned his paint rolls/brushes. When he used it for the 3rd time, I informed him do not let the water run as I am paying for the bill. He then attempted to give me a lecture on "water bills don't cost much," while he was still letting the water run. I repeated that this is my water in my house and I don't want the water continuously running, which he showed through facial expressions that he did not like what I said. When he left my house, I had 2 walls covered with a different color paint, a wall that was not painted at all, a mixture of water and paint on the stairway wooden handrail, on the wooden floor by the stairs, on the wooden floor throughout the living and dining room, in the kitchen, on the wooden stairs in the basement, all over the basement floor, and all over the laundry sink. I did my best to clean it up despite how tired I was from work and watching him mess up my house more for almost 2-hours. Eventually, I changed out of my work clothes and sat down to eat as I could not do anything else. I emailed the Focus Moving Solutions LLC representative and discussed my concerns for them sending an uncertified painter in my house who left more damage than what was already there. I also took pictures of the walls that had the wrong color paint on it, the wall that was not stroked properly, the paint on my wooden coffee table, and the paint mixed with water that was on my floor. At this point, Good Move Movers have not approved any reimbursement of monetary funds for all of my damaged items. They agreed to the paint ONLY and then Focus Moving Solutions LLC sent an incompetent person inside of my home who had me to sign something but did not even give me a copy of what I signed (I do not even know what the 5x7 piece of paper said) and left my walls looking horribly wrong and a huge mess for me to clean-up. I am going to go on all website that allows reviews for Good Move Movers and Focus Moving Solutions LLC and submit my concerns. I have never felt so disrespected in my life for paying a company over $1200 dollars and the do not care enough for the destruction of my property, what I had to clean-up from their workers incompetence for not wrapping my property correctly, and using Focus Moving Solutions LLC as a 3rd party company who sent a man into my house who did more damage. I am taking everything as a loss, but other people are not as patient as I am. As mentioned, I am a psychologist and professionalism is the most important aspect when working with others, which has not been provided to me. Now, I have nowhere else to go for help and I just have to live with it! This is absolutely a shame that people are being treated in this manner. This company just wants money and does not care about it's reputation.

Description of Work
Move my belongings from an apartment into a house & disassemble and reassemble my bedframe.

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

09/16/2021

Flawlessly done! Very professional and organized

Description of Work
Moving a house load!

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!!

09/15/2021

The people were great. No problems moving at all.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!!

08/05/2021

All went to schedule, feedback and responsiveness of staff was efficient and prompt.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

Thanks for the great review, Mark!!

08/05/2021

Good Move Movers were great to work with. Everyone that we were in contact with was so responsive. When the day came the movers were so quick and efficient when taking apart our furniture and also taking care of any loose items. They were super careful and attentive to moving things into our new home so that nothing was damaged. Very professional and great to work with overall!

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

06/08/2021

Highly recommend! Timely, professional and kind!

Description of Work
Hired to move furniture in boxes into storage

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

Thanks for the great review, [Member Name Removed]!!

We offer residential moving and temperature controlled storage services, including overnight storage. Full and partial packing services are available as well. We offer free in home moving consultation with accurate, no obligation quotes which are given that day. We are licensed and insured and have full-time, seasoned crews.

If we don't do it, we can arrange it, or point you in the right direction.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa