CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst

Founded 1992 • With Angi since March 2009

Independently owned & operated. We give 10% discount to all Angieslist members. Charges a flat rate. No travel charges. Additional DBA - CertaPro Painters Ltd. Award winning...

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

interior painting (59)house painting (26)wallpaper removal (2)pressure washing (5)drywall (5)general contractors (2)

09/13/2022

Julia M.

Very well. Painters were professional and highly-skilled and they did a thorough job within a week's time. They took special care during the prep work and were very neat in handling of borders and were careful to keep paint off of window trim caulking.

Description of Work
exterior painting of home and garage

Work Completed On 08/01/2022

11/11/2021

RICHARD B.

Our existing aluminum siding had previously been painted and was peeling and looked terrible. Certa-Pro Painters of Elmhurst prepped and painted the siding, along with 5 shutters and our front door. Fast work and finished product looks excellent. Very smooth finish. House looks great.

Description of Work
Paint exterior aluminum siding, shutters, and front door

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

08/06/2020

Sarah W.

Our experience with TR and CertaPro was great. TR was professional, thoughtful and made every effort to accommodate our needs. He was wonderful to work with on this project. David and his crew were prompt, respectful, always kind. They completed the job efficiently and quickly. Our home is transformed. Thank you!„

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category contractors

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

08/06/2020

Sarah W.

Super professional, on time, courteous, thorough. They did a great job! Would definitely recommend TR and his team.

Description of Work
Painting of home exterior

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

05/19/2019

Michael F.

After connecting with CertaPro, we were really impressed with TR's professionalism and level of involvement on our specific project. We have never painted the exterior of our house and TR did an incredible job of detailing exactly what would be happening in the process. We received proposals from 3 separate companies and we definitely felt the most involved, informed and comfortable with the outline that we were provided by CertaPro. Before the project started, we really appreciated how available TR was when we had questions about paint colors and key decisions to make - it took a lot of the ambiguity out of a process - this was a relief! Finally, David and his crew that ran the project were top notch. They had to work around crazy rain schedules and managed to coordinate among themselves and with us to see the project through. Their professionalism and attention to detail wowed us - the house looks better than we could have imagined and we would absolutely recommend TR's CertaPro to anyone who is looking for an exterior house paint project.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 04/28/2019

Review for CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst - 205 E Butterfield Rd, Elmhurst, IL - 37886708

04/24/2019

Scott G.

We engaged CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst to stain our cedar wood paneling on our house and garage. The crew (David and Andy) worked diligently and the project was completed quickly with a high level of quality. The crew also went the extra mile and nailed in some boards which had come loose, patched an area where the wood had cracked and even filled in some holes left by woodpeckers. The estimate we received was both spot-on and reasonable. We couldn't have been happier with the result. Our home went from looking tired and old to fresh and inviting in just three days' time. The change in appearance was so dramatic that it felt like we had moved into a new house. - Thanks again for all your hard work guys. We appreciated it!

Description of Work
Exterior Staining of House and Garage

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

10/14/2018

Betty C.

Very professional and responsive. Estimate was competitive. Timing did not work for us so we hired someone who could accommodate a quick completion date. We would call on CertaPro for future projects.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

05/24/2018

Ray G.

I submitted a request for an estimate to repaint my porch approximately 2 weeks ago. I received an automated email response to expect to be contacted. After a week of no contact, I was wondering whether I was being overlooked because the job was too small, so I submitted a second request that expanded to both indoor and outdoor painting. I received another automated email response stating to expect a call. Another week has transpired, and I still have yet to be contacted. For their sake, if it is a breakdown between Angie's List and this service provider, then I highly recommend this gets fixed.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

Sorry [Member Name Removed] as I must have overlooked your request during this busy season. I would be happy to come out and prepare a paint estimate for you. Please call me directly at 773-617-3685 to set up an appointment George

03/26/2018

Mark L.

Called George and he was able to give us a reasonable estimate over the phone. Within a couple of days we had painters John and Jim come in and prep, primer and paint my son's room and closet. They were here at 8 am and kept us posted on what they were doing. Very nice guys. Did a good job, cleaned up and were in and out in 1 day. This is the second time we used CertaPro and we would use them again. You might find someone to do it cheaper but having professionals that know what to do and are good at it is worth the price.

Description of Work
Bedroom and Closet Painted

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

09/18/2017

Monika M.

They were professional, very neat, timely. We were very pleased with the work. They were a little higher than other quotes but we chose them b/c we had the most confidence in them. We made the right choice.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

07/11/2017

John B.

We could not be happier. The house looks great. The crew was prompt and courteous. They cleaned up each day.

Description of Work
Entire interior of home was painted

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

05/13/2017

Dan B.

Beat my expectations. Definitely a much improved paint job over doing it myself and I've been painting for many years.

Description of Work
Painted living, dining room and halls and then had them back to do family room and stairwell

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

03/26/2017

Martin W.

George and his team were absolutely marvelous. The professionalism and eye for detail was outstanding. Lisa the color expert placed us at ease and helped us choose colors that makes our home look beautiful. George's painting team were the greatest. They were so focused on quality and making sure the we were happy with their work. We will absolutely use George and his team again.

Description of Work
We were in need of the first floor of our home painted and walls fixed from wear.

Work Completed On 03/22/2017

02/18/2017

Aaron M.

Mr. Kafka came and measured everything and gave us an estimate which was close to two others I had received as well. Don't be shocked by the price, because this really was a huge job as this house had not been painted in decades and needed significant repairs. He was the only one who could get my painting done in my needed time frame. His painters were incredibly nice, covered everything, and did a very professional job with my ceiling and wall repairs, and the painting. This was no easy job, and the final product looks amazing. There were only minor issues to fix at the end, and they took care of everything to our complete satisfaction. Their attention to detail was outstanding. It is clear that CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst is very well managed, and George has put together an excellent team. We will definitely be hiring them again, as we were very impressed with their professionalism and final product.

Description of Work
This was a big job. I needed the entire inside of my 2,100 sq ft house painted on a deadline before guests arrived. My house has 8 skylights, tons of corners, and needed significant wall and ceiling repair. We also needed closet doors painted, and new molding and trim all over the house painted.

Cost $12,031.88

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

01/16/2017

Susan N.

Fantastic - They do a wonderful job and they clean up!

Description of Work
Painted interior of whole house

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

11/12/2016

Kathie C.

Great! 2 days was quoted and met. The guys were friendly and very hard working. We had this same company do our exterior a few years ago and were very happy with them...and we have a friend to whom we had recommended them, they were happy too!

Description of Work
Painting several rooms and 2 story foyer/hall in my house. Included some repair work from where we had water damage

Category wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

08/15/2016

John M.

I received a quote from CertaPro a year ago, but delayed the project. In the meantime, I had additional quotes for quite a bit higher than the one from CertaPro. When I contacted George a year later he honored the original quote. It took some time to get the job done and communication wasn't always the best, but I am very happy with the work done. Our painter, Jesus, was very polite and wanted to make sure we were pleased with the job. The job was done to our satisfaction and we were pleased overall. Clean up could have been a bot better and he did miss one area, but came back promptly to take care of it. Overall, we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 08/10/2015

05/19/2016

Ed P.

From initial contact to completion of job, we received high quality professional service. George the owner was very detailed and punctual. Lawrence replaced 3 smaller sections of damaged drywall seamlessly. He then painted the lower level of our residence and the staircase and hall way as well as the upstairs bath. He works alone and really gets into the zone. His workmanship is outstanding. As a result of the great job he did, we contracted for additional painting

Description of Work
Laurence did seamless drywall replacement in 3 areas and Painted our lower level and hall bath

Work Completed On 05/18/2016

03/19/2016

Giancarlo G.

Great! On time, courteous, quick, and detail oriented. Cleaned up when done and made sure we were happy with the work.

Description of Work
Interior painting including 2 story foyer.

Work Completed On 03/19/2016

03/09/2016

Jean C.

great work in a very reasonable amount of time. Very attentive to my needs. Great communicator.

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 03/08/2016

01/08/2016

Kris B.

Very pleased with service and result. Did it all within one day, looks fantastic. Scheduling took a little effort.

Description of Work
Painted three rooms, did some drywall patching, and lots of touch up.

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

11/05/2015

Samantha C.

They were okay. They sent an exterior crew for an interior job and their quality wasn't that great. I had to have a second crew come out to fix the problem of the first crew. They resolved it but it was supposed to be a day job and it took an entire week. They were comparable to others. We would probably not use them in the future.

Description of Work
We used CertaPro Painters of Elmhurst.

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

05/11/2015

Michael S.

The overall experience went great. The estimate was scheduled to accommodate my schedule, the follow up and post inspection patch work was done without a hitch. Highly recommended. I had three reputable paint companies quote