Kustom Heating & Cooling

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

11N240 Hawthorne Ste 2

Elgin, IL 60123

Residential and Light Commercial Heating & Cooling Services and installation...

07/16/2017

debra S.

I had them come out to clean the furnace but couldn't do it because there was some issues on the furnace that was not safe to run when we needed heat.. They came out and put another furnace, I did look around and get other estimates, but he knew I was on a budget he knew I was trying to buy the best thing for the size of my house. He ended up working everything out with me including free financing. They came in they did the work, they were professional, they cleaned up, they explained everything to me, they showed me how to work the thermostat. I told him I wanted a humidifier and he put an air purifier for me as well, and if I am not mistaken he didn't even charge me with that. They were really good and he was persistent because he knew because I was looking at someone else that came out. He told me you don't need a 2 stage you only need a one stage its all about comfort. I told him I didn't need that big of a furnace I can't afford that big of a furnace, I told him I would have to think about this. He called me back a couple weeks later and talked about what i decide and what to do about the financing. And one more time he called me back and said can I please come out and talk to you again and I said ok. He said we installed your first furnace and I would like to keep you as a customer. I said well ok fine, he came out and worked with me. I told him this is my budget, this is what I want to spend what can you do. And by the way I want to put in a humidifier because it's so dry in my house. I don't blame him for trying to sell me something but it was too much. I have very small home. They are a really good company, and they always follow up.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace.

06/26/2015

Wendy T.

When I called to request the services, the person who answered the phone said she'd have a technician call me back. He called me back the same day. He admitted that the bathroom fan in and of itself was too small of a job for him to come out, but since I wanted the humidifier done too, he agreed to come out and do both. Two technicians (Chris - who I assume is the owner, and Brandon) came out to the house on the scheduled day, and they arrived right on time. It only took them a few minutes to install the bathroom fan, and they took extra steps to make sure that the new fan worked properly. They also did a great job on installing the humidifier. What impressed me the most was that when the work was completed, Chris took his time explaining the work done, and what I would need to do for future maintenance (i.e., replacing the water pad regularly, etc). The technicians weren't in a hurry to leave, like technicians I'd dealt with from other companies. In the end, they didn't charge me to install the bathroom fan, which I thought went above and beyond. I would definitely use them for future services.

Description of Work
Two technicians came out to install a new humidifier and a new bathroom exhaust fan.

06/03/2015

Rick B.

We should have contacted Kustom when we began looking for a company to install the needed gas line. We contacted four companies on Angie List - one gave no response after leaving a voice mail, another was a no reply via email, another responded promptly but their rates seemed high, and the fourth provided an estimate after our need to followup several days after the visit. Their rate was very high. Kustom has had our ac/heating business for semi cleaning and inspections for the last five years. We found them after experiencing a situation where one of the large national companies we were using said we had a cracked heat exchanger on a 12 year old top of the line furnace and told us a new one was necessary. In a panic, a local contractor referred us to Kustom and inspected the furnace...no problems then and the unit is still running fine. Technician Todd is fantastic and when out for our spring cleaning, he advised me they could assist with the gas line installation. The appt was a quick turnaround and the service provided by Kris and Brandon was superb. This company is local, cares about their customers, and not out just to meet a sales quota.

Description of Work
Installed a gas line for a new grill.

01/15/2015

HARVEY W.

We had a strange smell coming from one of our furnaces upstairs. We contacted Chris from Kustom Heating and Cooling. He sent some one out right away to access the problem. The furnace had a bad secondary ex-changer. They let us know that they could repair or replace. They quoted both and we opted to replace because of the age of the furnaces. There price was fair for all the work that needed to be done. They showed up on time the day of the installations. The men worked quickly and took care to protect the carpets. The old furnaces were quite a bit heavier than the new ones but they got them out with no problems. They installed new programmable thermostats. The house is warn and doesn't smell anymore. We have had Kustom Heating and Cooling service our furnaces and a/c for years. They are professional and knowledgeable. We wouldn't trust anyone else.

Description of Work
They replace 2 furnaces in our 14 year old home.

09/25/2014

Edward T.

They were very good and I would recommend. They were reasonable, professional, and punctual.

Description of Work
I have used Kustom Heating & Cooling. They put in a new air conditioning.

05/14/2014

Steve R.

Description of Work
Kustom Heating and Cooling upgraded the radiant heat in the living room by installing radiant heat under the floor. The workers were very professional and the work was done to our satisfaction.

05/09/2014

Steven S.

We liked them a lot. They have done a great job for so many years. We pay $109. That is the base charge for them to come out and do air conditioning and to do the annual check up. They are really nice guys. They have always been very upfront in trying to help us. They have installed air filters in our house and then when one of the parts went bad a couple of years later they went out of their way to make sure the warranty was in effect and got the product put back in at no cost.

Description of Work
We used Kustom Heating & Cooling for heating and air conditioning services last fall. We are going to have them out this spring.

07/06/2012

Scott S.

Description of Work
Kustom has been servicing our heat and A/C needs for about 7 years now. they are prompt, professional, and reasonably priced. I've had them install 2 A/C units in 2 different houses and numerous service calls. Kris, Chris, and Todd are just good guys.

07/05/2012

Lois S.

The men arrived on time and were very courteous. They worked continously all morning. There were three workers. When they finished, they cleaned up all the debris. Then Chris went over the whole system with me and answered my questions clearly. The system works beautifully. It is now cool and comfortable up there. The room has it's own thermostat. So we can cool the lower part of the house and only cool the upper room when we are using it. We are very pleased. We highly recommend Kustom Heating and Cooling.

Description of Work
We needed to have the room above the garage have better cooling and heating. The furnace is on the other side of the house and couldn't push enough cold air to cool the room properly. It has been chilly up there in the winter, too.Todd quoted the job. He explained that they would add a duct going up to the room and put dampers in the ducts to regulate the amount of air going up there. Basically it would rezone the furnace.

07/16/2011

Elizabeth V.

It always go very well and they are professional, friendly, and on time. I usually see Todd.

Description of Work
I use them twice a year to get my A/C unit checked and cleaned out.

10/21/2009

Dawn C.

See above

Description of Work
First time I had used Kustom Heating and Cooling. I was with a company for 15 years and his prices got way too high. I just had a furnace checkup and he was very thorough and even found out why my furnace was rusting on the bottom. He gives out cards for you to give other people. If you get one of your friends to use him you get a free AC or furnace tuneup. What a deal!

01/07/2009

Nita W.

Went very well. The owner came and addressed my space & needs. He ordered the furnace, he and an associate came and installed a the new furnace after completely removing the old one. I was surprised at how well and complete they were with removing the old one, because it was not something we talked about.

Description of Work
The 2 guys took out very rusted out old furnace, and replaced it with a new one. They also installed new thermostat.

10/31/2008

William S.

Excellent. One of several companies contacted to replace some HVAC components damaged by flooding. When they came to do estimate they took the time to go beyond what I had asked for and looked over the entire system. They asked questions as to our use, preferences and expectations. They recommended against some components I thought I wanted as not being cost effective. Also recommended other components we were not aware of as better suiting our desires. Did not pressure for any extras. Wound up replacing the entire system, beyond damaged items as balance was beyond normal lifespan and not completely compatible with new equipment, BUT totally comfortable with value purchased. Local independent shop, very professional and polite. Also all their equipment seemed to be late model issue.

Description of Work
Replaced heating, air conditioning as well as air freshener and filter system.

Air Duct Cleaners Inc

Air Duct Cleaners, Inc. has been providing high quality service to residential and commercial properties throughout the Chicagoland area since 1992. Specializing in improving indoor air quality through comprehensive air duct cleaning, the professional technicians at ADC, Inc. are trained on industry leading practices. ADC, Inc. offers an upfront pricing schedule with no hidden costs. Also all work is backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is now offering ZERO HUMAN CONTACT SERVICE CALLS in order to keep our clients and employees safe and healthy! Lifeline is the winner of the Super Service Award each year since 2011, when we started our profile on Angies List. If you are looking for professional Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Heating or any type of HVAC services in the greater Chicago-land, area make the call to Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling! We put our customers first with everything we do. That is why we offer a comprehensive satisfaction guarantee on all the work we do, and on all the products we install. If you would like to speak with one of our experts and get scheduled for service, call us at (847) 468-0069.

Offers by Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi