Dfranco Decorative Finishes

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2009

12N220 Westview Street

Elgin, IL 60124

Dfranco Decorating is a interior painting and wallpapering company specializing in custom murals, faux finishing, and traditional painting. We are insured. Anyone using Angies list will be given 5% discount on services. All estimates are free....

04/12/2017

Ahmad F.

I had a very poor experience with this company. I had reached out and spoke to David. I received an estimate right away. However, when I attempted to schedule the job, David was extremely unprofessional and did not return multiple e-mails or phone calls and was extremely unresponsive. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone. I'm actually surprised that the reviews here are so high given my awful experience.

Description of Work
Custom made wallpaper in a relatively small space

Category wallpaper

03/29/2017

Chris B.

Beautifully. A bit of confusion on when to show up, but once that was squared away David was prompt, friendly, and most importantly, did a fabulous job.

Description of Work
I hired David Cook of D'Franco Finishes to install some very fancy wallpaper - which is why I didn't want to risk trying it myself. I needed an expert for a feature wall with some tricky angles.

Category wallpaper,interior painters

04/09/2016

PATRICK T.

The worst experience I have ever had with a contractor. They took well over a 2 months to complete the job, which was due to the fact he had other projects and would leave my project to go finish them, or someone was sick or the car wasn't working. His craftsmanship was good at the beginning but steadily got worse as he continued on. To this day there are seams showing (which he promised to fix, never did). Our meeting room has a whole wall that looks like a 2 year old could have done a better job. One whole section was left unfinished. Whats worse is he came in near the end of the project and sent me an email, didn't call, didn't try to find me on the property but just emailed me saying there was clutter in the meeting room so he couldn't finish the work. EXTREMELY unprofessional. You can call me on my cell which is attached to my hip and I would have had someone clear out the room so you could finish the work you were already paid for. I have had people from our franchise and guests come in and comment how terrible the job was done. Recently we had someone from our corporate office come in and they asked why the halls looked terrible and I explained we paid almost $13,000 to wallpaper them. Now David and his crew will say that the walls were in bad shape and sure every section cannot be perfect but you were paid more than enough to correct these problems. Furthermore IN NO WAY SHOULD YOU HAVE SEAMS SHOWING, or Wallpaper already peeling. Would I recommend his company sure if you got a job you don't care about or you want someone to take your money and run, and send you an email instead of talking to you in person or at least calling you on the phone.

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper, patched, primed and wallpapered hallways

Category wallpaper removal,wallpaper

03/21/2016

Melissa H.

David is a great painter and is always willing to go above and beyond to make sure we are more then happy with his work. He painted our x-ray room and it turned out amazing! He also made us a frame for our light board from scratch that is just what we asked for and looks fantastic! He hung up two large pictures and then came back and adjusted one for us as well. He is always great with his communication and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone and I would use his services personally in my own home.

Description of Work
Paint, hang two large photos and make a frame box for a light board

Category interior painters

Thank you so much for the reviews, you office staff made it easy to work with and provide our great service.

02/12/2016

Gordon L.

Everything went well from beginning to end. The foyer looks great. We normally do painting ourselves within the house, but needed to get a professional painter for the foyer, both because the foyer is two stories and also because we needed some patching of drywall scratches. I found Dave Cook on Angie's List and he was very professional from the first conversation on the phone. He gave us a very good quote and we scheduled the job. On the day of painting Dave arrived as promised and completed the job in one day. The necessary repairs on the drywall were done very well, and the quality of the painting was outstanding. I work from home, and Dave came in, did a great job, and then cleaned up in a very professional manner. I would definitely use his services again, and recommend Dave Cook and D'Franco Finishes for any painting jobs. Well done!

Description of Work
We had our foyer repainted.

Category interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for providing a review as we look to build our customers from Angies list, customers and reviews like yours are the reason this service is so valuable. We look forward to seeing how we may help you in the future.

Zach H.

I was referred to David, so had him do a small job at my Parents home, we had already hired him for our office in Chicago. He was in and out Fast, on time and clean. My parents were happy as we are cleaning things up and getting the home ready to sell. Will have him back when we do the other rooms in need.

Description of Work
Painting a bathroom.

nathan H.

Dfranco was one of several bids I received for doing the work for our home painting. We needed painting following moving in to the home. Dfranco was higher than the other bids but I went with them anyway due to their contract, their warranty, the insurance they provided with the estimate, and the professionalism in which they conducted themselves. The service did not disappoint. On time, clean, did a few extras that was not on the list to do. All was clean when they left and faster than they had told us. Will be sure to use them again

Description of Work
Painting

Zach H.

Once the drywall repairs were made David and crew came in and cleaned what dust and mess there was from the drywall company. They removed everyone else's trash! The vac'd the floors before they started, then went to work on painting our 18" walls, with one color then hanging wallpaper on several walls as accents. Great job, finished before they were supposed too.

Description of Work
Wallpaper and painting.

Category wallpaper,interior painters

12/17/2015

Melissa H.

He is wonderful! Very professional and customer service orientated. David and his team went above and beyond to make sure the job was done correctly and on time. He was always here when he said he would be and they even finished ahead of schedule. The quality of the work is perfect! We love the new paint and the wallpaper was hung correctly. They took everything off the walls for us before painting and put everything back up when done. We are an orthodontic office so time was a factor to us. We need it done when we did not have patients. this was not an issue at all. The office was clean when they left and everything was back as it should be. I couldn't be happier! We have already hired him for another painting job! If you want a job well done David Cook is the right man to call!

Description of Work
David and his great team wallpapered two walls and painted our office

12/11/2015

Don H.

It was simple easy and clean. Retinting of the paint color we picked out. Everything was masked off, drop cloths used, and clean when he left.

Description of Work
Our Kitchen needed to be repainted so David came in and painted our kitchen ceilings and walls. The initial color we picked was too yellow for us so he was able to retint it on site to get us the color we wanted.