AMERICAN FAMILY HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2006

24 hour service flat rate pricing on repairs 2 year warranty(repairs) installations(10 yr parts and labor warranty)

HVAC Companies (67)lawn & landscaping (1)fence company (1)

07/11/2021

Barrie O.

They were VERY responsive and we had the new system installed within 10 days. Friendly, quick and responsive. Great to work with!!

Description of Work
Heating and Air Conditioning

Work Completed On 06/18/2021

09/29/2018

Jackie R.

I have lived in my home for over 23 years and have used several different Heating and Air companies thru the years... I needed service in Sept 2018 and had various coupon prices of $39 and $49 for an A/C tune up and was about to chose on of them but decided to check Angie's list for a review or google for the coupon companies. That is when I found American Family HVAC and started to read their reviews.. For some reason, I decided to use this company even tho the cost was a bit more money and boy am I ever happy that I went with my hunch. Sometimes it is NOT always about the money. I was really looking for an A/C furnace company that I could count on and use regularly. Not only was the repair gentleman that came out, on time and very thorough and professional but he spent a long time and I feel that I received the most thorough tune up that I have ever had. Josh, the service tech was just a delight and the best part was that this company has a membership contract that I was able to purchase. It is a small monthly charge monthly and . I get 2 free tune-ups a year included in the monthly fee for NO charge and if I need any service work I get 20% off of the charge and same day service...all for only $12.95 a month. What a wonderful idea and I cannot express how happy I am with this choice. It is a win-win deal for me and the company. I am a very happy camper with my choice of this company.

Description of Work
Air conditioning tune up and leak

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

04/01/2018

chloe F.

We called the company the Saturday before Easter and they still squeezed us in at the end of the day. They were up front about their prices, professional, and fixed the problem quickly. Would recommend!

Description of Work
heater repair

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

03/08/2018

Yongbo Z.

Nick (hope this right :-)) came over and did excellent job to fix the problem and explained to me everything he did.

Description of Work
fixed one furnace start-up problem and did the tuning for two furnices

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

02/22/2018

Sherri B.

Excellent, they are fair-priced , honest, and do a terrific job.

Description of Work
furnace/AC service , Aprilaire installation

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

11/06/2017

Jean P.

Contacted me immediately to let me know he doesn't go this far north. Stated credit would be issued back to my acct.

Description of Work
Heating system check.

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

11/06/2017

Peter L.

Everything went well. Took about 1 hr and was done quickly.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune up

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

10/19/2017

Linda C.

I was told my serviceman would arrive between 10am-12pm. He called me at 9:30 that he would arrive in about half an hour & he did, right at 10am. I had a list of specifics to be checked because I bought the service discounted through Angie's list & I asked how he did each thing on the list as he did it & he explained in detail each thing he was doing. He found nothing wrong with my furnace & I told him I was pleased with that because I've had others make up things wrong that aren't just to make money & I am hiring someone because I can't tell when things are wrong & his company did not do that. He asked if there were any questions that he had not yet answered. He also told me how old my furnace was because it was in my house when I moved in & I didn't know. He was very informative, polite, prompt & I am much more at ease that I won't have a heating problem when I need my furnace most.

Description of Work
I had a furnace tune-up. It consisted of cleaning much deeper into the furnace than I can get at myself & verifying all the parts are working properly.

Cost $79.95

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/14/2017

Steven R.

Exceptionally well. Service was scheduled timely, serviceperson called to confirm and was prompt, courteous and professional. All work completed, on time and of quality. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

09/18/2017

Robert K.

We have a service agreement with them, we are on their premium plan. Yes, I would use them again. They are very punctual and they call you before they arrive. They call and remind you of your heating or air conditioning cleaning before the season comes.

Description of Work
They inspected our heater and humidifier. They also put new filters in.

Work Completed On 09/10/2017

07/30/2017

Vivian R.

Heating was working afterwards. Job well done.

Description of Work
Heating / furnace yearly tune up, was not heating the house well enough.

Work Completed On 07/30/2017

07/21/2017

Deanna G.

They were on time, and professional. They called when they were on their way. They were pretty quick. I had used them before in the past, and would recommend them. I will be using them again in the Fall.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $120 for a 20-Point Air-Conditioning Tune-Up off of Angie's List.

Work Completed On 04/20/2016

05/27/2017

Kevin H.

Great, Tim reviewed and changed filters. Everything is running well.

Description of Work
Checking HVAC for seasonality inspection

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

05/17/2017

Kahrin D.

Was able to get an appointment quickly. The technician showed up on time and everything went well.

Description of Work
Repaired a furnace in a unit. Furnace tuneup in another unit.

Work Completed On 11/13/2016

02/14/2017

Sherri B.

I like them. “A+”, they’re always perfectly, no really, they are! They’re honest and they do a good job and they’re reasonable. I have used them for years.

Description of Work
American Family Heating and Air Conditioning is who I usually use. They actually installed an Aprilaire humidifier for me.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

02/14/2017

Sherri B.

I have been using them off and on for probably the last 8 or 9 years. They come the same day or the next day at the latest. They’re pretty good and if they are going to run late, they call and tell you immediately so you are not wondering. They are honest and the pricing is good. They won’t try to sell you any unnecessary repairs.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair.

Work Completed On 02/14/2009

01/29/2017

Tina M.

Tim came out for an estimate. He was professional and knowledgeable. Not pushy at all. On the day of installation, he and his team were respectful, efficient, and left our home clean. He thoroughly explained everything, and programmed the thermostat for us. We will use them for all future maintenance. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installation of a new furnace and smart thermostat.

Work Completed On 01/25/2017

11/25/2016

Jessica J.

I wrote ahead of this box but I was satisfied and it could not have gone better.

Description of Work
We had our furnace and air condition cleaned and serviced for maintenance. They came from very far away and normally they would not but they honored my patronage. The man was nice and tolerant my three dogs that were being pest. We had no major problems with our AC or furnace and he told us the truth and did not try to push any unneeded service. Very nice man and decent professional company.

Category fencing, landscaping

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

11/20/2016

Monica B.

Reliable service, reasonable prices and great costumer service.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune up/ cleaning.

Work Completed On 11/20/2016

11/18/2016

Yongbo Z.

Nic was very accommodating to schedule my appointment next day and fix my furnace before the freezing weekend comes tomorrow. I tried another place and they can't do it until next week. He did a great job to quickly figure out what was wrong and equally quick for the fix. The price is also extremely reasonable. Can't thank you enough!

Description of Work
Fix one of my two furnaces doesn't start and clean both.

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

10/24/2016

Alexandra W.

Kyle came to inspect my condo's HVAC. He was punctual, friendly and professional. I'm a new homeowner and he patiently answered all my questions about this stuff! I couldn't get access to the ac on my roof, so he didn't get to look at that but he spent a lot of time making sure my furnace was cleaned and in good order and looked at the air vents. He found a small gas leak on the furnace and sealed it up for me, thankfully. I will definitely contact them again for anything HVAC related!

Description of Work
HVAC Inspection

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

10/04/2016

Dan P.

We were very happy with American Family. Their bid was competitive and the installation of our new air conditioner went very smoothly. They removed the existing system and were great about not destroying our landscape. We had them install the new system in a new location, away from the back patio. So far everything seems to be running fine and I would happily recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replace air conditioner and move system to a new location

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

06/28/2016

Bob H.

Nothing but good things to say about American Family Heating and Cooling - highly recommended. Tim was friendly and professional on the phone, and quoted all charges up front. Nick came out and had a great combination of informal but professional demeanor. And no objection to me looking over his shoulder as he worked!

Description of Work
Charged refrigerant, added leak sealant, to central AC unit.