TAK Drywall Specialists Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2005

707 Herra St Ut A

ELBURN, IL 60119

Framing, drywall, insulation, painting

Please call for more details.

We are a full-service drywall contractor based out of Elburn, IL providing quality service to residential, industrial, and commercial clients in the Fox Valley and Tri-City area. From remodeling to new construction, from a living room in a historical property in St. Charles, IL to a high-tech office in Schaumburg, IL, our specialists will meet your needs. We also provide interior and exterior painting services. T.A.K. Drywall Specialists, Inc., will be celebrating 24 years in business in the Fox Valley. Our company is fully-insured and bonded. We pride ourselves in our craftsmanship based on the experience of our employees. Our employees have experience extending 30+ years in the drywall industry, each having served an apprenticeship. Many of our loyal employees have been with us ranging from 3 to 23 years. We credit this to the many benefits we offer to them as we use no sub-contracted labor. All our employees live locally. We try to hire local to help sustain the community....

drywall (124)interior painting (25)general contractors (9)basement remodeling (7)insulation (6)woodworking (5)house painting (2)wallpaper removal (2)electrician (2)plumbers (1)

09/01/2021

The project went very well. In remodeling, there is always something to worry about. Tom was available to discuss issues, responsive to requests. Once the work started, the job was done with quality and in a timely fashion. Each of the workers was professional, communicated well, cleaned up thoroughly and provided quality work. Finished based was partially demolished to allow for foundation repair...

Description of Work
Repair to finished basement

Category contractors,drywall,interior painters,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the kind words! Good luck with the sale. Tom

04/22/2021

Tom/T.A.K. Drywall Specialists, Inc., were absolutely fantastic! Tom is very professional and has extensive knowledge and experience in drywall, drywall repair, taping and painting. Tom gave thorough step by step explanation of the work that needed to be done as well as to the proper type of paint. The process of the work was timely and without all the dust! My home sustained severe damage from fa...

Description of Work
Drywall repair/taping and painting in two rooms

Category drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

Review for TAK Drywall Specialists Inc - 707 Herra St, ELBURN, IL - 39304401

Thanks so much for the kind words [Member Name Removed], I will pass all on to the team!

03/12/2021

It was an effortless experience for us. Tom took care of everything. He told us at the beginning of the week what time and day to expect each of the contractors. Tom was there each day to make sure each contractor understood what we wanted and to answer any questions we had. Everyone was very nice and showed up right on time and cleaned up before they left. It was a great experience and we will de...

Description of Work
Added 11 recessed lights to our kitchen and family room. Removed a 1/2 wall and header between the kitchen and family room. Created a threshold between the wood floor in the family room and the tile kitchen Remodeled the family room fireplace, built a custom mantel and installed a TV above the fireplace and painted both the kitchen and family room( ceilings and walls).

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,picture framing,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks so much for the kind words, will share with the team! Tom

01/31/2021

Very good team of people and the quality of the work was great. From the owner (Tom) to the drywall installers, to the taping, to the painting, all were very professional and courteous and everything was clean when they left. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Drywall unfinished basement area

Category drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

10/21/2020

All work was done very well and completed early. Each day I was delighted with the work done and progress made. The entire team was professional and customer focused. The owner was a real pleasure to work with and has a great team.

Description of Work
Demo 3 bedrooms, insulate, new drywall, paint walls and ceiling

Category drywall,insulation,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], I will pass the compliments on to my team. Tom

09/22/2020

The work and cleanliness of what I consider a messy project was above expectation.

Description of Work
Cracked plaster on wall repaired.

Category contractors

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

07/31/2020

Contacted via paid angieslist subscription, replied via angieslist, arranged my day to accommodate him coming out for a quote. Came out, said I needed to trim some things so they could do the work, then proceeded to cut some of the drywall to demonstrate what he required or he would charge extra. It was not necessary to do what he said. He left, promised a quote within two days and never provided ...

Description of Work
Drywall finishing

Category contractors,drywall

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am very disappointed in the review you left. Sometimes it is unfortunate emails do not always find their way to the in box. We emailed your quote approximately 12 hours after the site visit. As for your mess, I offered to clean it up and you informed me not to worry! If the other contractors did not require the prep I showed you then I would guess they were charging for...

04/29/2020

Very professional and reasonable estimate and time frame given.

Description of Work
Have not started yet. Will start during the summer months

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

03/26/2020

I worked with TAK on two different occasions. Tom headed up both projects and was in touch and responsive 100% of the time. I always knew what was going on. Tom knows his stuff and doesn’t skip corners - he wants things done right. He was great at making sure we knew all our options. We worked with 6 gentlemen in addition to Tom from TAK and all of them were professional, courteous and did a wonde...

Description of Work
Drywall, troubleshooting and repairing water marks on ceiling, painting, wainscoting, installation of door to attic access and flirting in attic

Category contractors,drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

Review for TAK Drywall Specialists Inc - 707 Herra St, ELBURN, IL - 38465236

Thanks for the kind words [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you and your husband! Tom

03/24/2020

My 1991 bathroom went to 2020 spa! Tom and his employees/contractors work like they are remodeling their own house. They are friendly, clean up after themselves and are trustworthy. There are so many decisions to make when remodeling that whenever I couldn’t decide, Tom made suggestions which I usually went with and was very happy with the end result. When I moved into my condo in 2016, Tom worked...

Description of Work
MASTER BATH REMODEL

Category drywall,electrician,picture framing,insulation,plumbing,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

Review for TAK Drywall Specialists Inc - 707 Herra St, ELBURN, IL - 38459002

thanks [Member Name Removed], our drywall and painting turned out awesome, what a difference!

Drywall, Acoustical Ceilings, Metal Stud Framing, Specialty Drywall, Trim-Tex Products, Remodeling, New Construction, & Light Commercial. We also offer interior and exterior painting.

Please ask for details.