AAA Northgate Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.

Founded 1948 • With Angi since February 2010

719 Sabrina Drive

East Peoria, IL 61611

Additional email: aaa@aaanorthgateinc.com . Financing available. Family Owned & Operated....

06/19/2018

Chris M.

They came out to give me a quote on geothermal. My duct work needed repairs in order for the geothermal system to work effectively. Initially they were even going to do anything with the duct work until I mentioned it. They would have sold me an expensive system and it would have been ineffective due to ductwork problem. As for expense they quoted 35000 dollars for what I am very confident is an udersized system which would have lead to problems of its own. When I questioned why they were so over priced as I had quotes for a larger system for almost 15k less they said its their busy season. Buyer BEWARE. Apparently its ok to gouge a paying customer because its their busy season. That doesnt seem like a very good way to retain customers.

Description of Work
geothermal

06/13/2018

chris L.

Great, measurements taken for the ductwork, techs returned to shop for fabrication, then returned to home for installation of primary ductwork. AC condenser was reconnect and by later in the afternoon the AC unit was working again.

Description of Work
Reconnect home AC condenser and modify primary ductwork

01/10/2017

Dan N.

A's all the way across. I would consider using AAA Northgate Heating & Air Conditioning Inc everytime.

Description of Work
AAA Northgate Heating & Air Conditioning Inc provided a heating and A/C service.

12/06/2016

harsha L.

I figured out the issue before they came and didn't find a new capacitor, so scheduled the appointment and they replaced it the next day.

Description of Work
AC Capacitor Replacement

08/09/2016

Evan S.

I Give AAA Northgate Inc. an A++ Rating! Job well done!

Description of Work
HVAC & Insulation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

04/21/2015

sandra J.

We had been mainly searching for a new A/C unit b/c we knew our's wouldn't make it thru another year after having to baby it last year hoping it wouldn't konk out on us before the summer was over ! We did our comparison shopping looking for the best deal when we came across AAA Northgate. I read reviews on Angies List about their company but we also decided to also get a quote from a local company that we dealt with . We decided to call AAA Nothgate, we spoke to Evan, scheduled an appointment with him to come to our home and talk to us about whats available, what units are best for our home, the warranty, installation. In the mean time I did call the other company and got a quote from them as well.. We didn't want to make up our minds yet as we were waiting for that company we normally dealt with to see if they could meet or beat AAA Northgate?needless to say they couldn't !! We took a few days and called Evan and decided to have AAA install our units..A/C and furnace as we got a great quote on both that i am sure we wouldn't find anywhere else. Evan was so professional, scheduled our installation, kept in contact with us, answered questions if we had any. Chuck and Pat came, on April 21st, 2015 as scheduled and right on time?..might i add, 2 great hard working guys, they cleaned up after themselves, left no issues for us to deal with and had it all done in a day. Both my husband and I are happy with the install and would DEFIANTELY recommend AAA Norhtgate to anyone looking to replace, if it's just your A/C unit or both your A/C and Furnace, Thanks AAA Norhtgate for a job well done?

Description of Work
installed a new Amana A/C unit and a Amana furnace

10/07/2014

Lindsay J.

The day before we were leaving for a week and leaving my mother-in-law with our daughter, the A/C broke down. My father used AAA Northgate and I've used nobody else in my adult life. I called them immediately and received an almost immediate call back from the emergency technician. The technician arrived rapidly onsite on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND to assess the situation, reset the system, and replace one known bad component. Unfortunately, the problem was deeper and the A/C only ran for an hour or so. He ordered the part that was required. It was installed by a pair of technicians the following morning. My system is approximately 6 years old and all was covered under warranty - ALL OF IT. No charge for off-hours. No charge for holiday. Zero dollars! I've tried to maintain the unit myself with regular filter changes and cleaning of the external unit but, life being what it is I fell behind and this clearly contributed to the failure. The technician informed me of a program of maintenance for $140.00 per year which includes a visit at the start of cooling season and at the start of heating season in order to clean, prep, and check out the system for each season. I don't have to remember to clean the external unit anymore or open up the unit inside to clean up the condenser, either. I feel much better now with this comparatively cheap investment. Outstanding service from a company that's treated this family well for two generations now!

Description of Work
Emergency response/repair of our A/C and preventive maintenance.

10/01/2013

Nichole Z.

A tech came to my house and cleaned the unit in a short period of time along with giving me tips on electrical savings for future use.

Description of Work
Had problems with AC turning on.

08/20/2013

Leland D.

I had a good experience. They came, did everything in one day and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
I use AAA Northgate Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. I got a new furnace and air conditioner from them. They put it in as promised.

05/16/2013

Kathleen S.

Professional and timely. Repairs made in one visit.

Description of Work
Repair Air Conditioner.

02/12/2013

Oscar W.

Overall the work was very, very satisfactory. They were very prompt and they cleaned up after all work was done. I will be using them again in the future for our main furnace service.

Description of Work
Work was done very efficiently and promptly, and the service technician was very polite.

02/05/2013

RICARD S.

He was familiar with the system and corrected the problem easily after ordering the parts, communicated well discussing parts,labor and price.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot problem with boiler.

12/17/2012

Steven W.

I called for estimate. Estimate was fast and fair. When I decided to purchase their equipment, they were fast, efficient and I did not have any problems with the system. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
New A/C, new Furnace.

11/25/2012

Gregory B.

called. they came out and fixed. over

Description of Work
replaced capacitor outside for central air unit

11/19/2012

Jerry D.

AAA Northgate removed my 30 year old furnace and 14 year old A/C and replaced them with a new Carrier furnace and A/C. They did all the work in one day, and we had heat and A/C before the day was done. The work included fabricating new sheet metal to connect my existing hot air and return air ducting to the new furnace. They also installed a central humidifier and air purifier (filter) with the furnace. Overall, they did an outstanding job!

Description of Work
Remove current gas furnace, electrostatic air cleaner, and air conditioner & replace with all new Carrier Infinity furnace and A/C. Also install central humidifier and air purifier (filter) with the furnace.

11/07/2012

mark W.

Overall it took too long - aranging to have someone at the house for an extra day was difficult - but like I said before - in the end I'm very happy with the results.

Description of Work
New Furnace & AC install. The old unit was installed in 1977 so I figure I got my $$'s worth out of it. My house was built in 1959 - Its not a McMansion - but its not low end either. I was looking for a new furnace that wasn't the cheapest thing I could find, but I dont think the house value would recoup a super top end furnace either. I had 5 companies give estimates. The low end company could replace the furnace & AC with a low end product for abt $2k. The guy does the work on evenings & weekends when he's not at his real job. Seemed a bit too risky for my house. The high end guy wanted $10,500 for just about the same furnace & AC that I got. AAA Northgate has been around & the salesman ensured me the company had made plans to be around for another 30 years at least. The price was middle of the road, but they seemed to be a very professional company. Actual - In the end...I'm very happy with the furnace & AC - the installer was GREAT! Polite, Christian person who was punctual and professional. He did an excellent job of removing, & installing the units. He created new duct work, did the electrical & water (humidifier) and all - very top notch person. The only issue I really had was the day of my install one of the technitions quit - leaving my installer to do the entire job himself. What should have taken 1 1/2 days took 3.

07/07/2012

Carla M.

I called this company on a Friday night and got the on-call technician. He told me that it would be at least morning and that he didn't have a pen and paper so I should call back in the morning, that he had 4 jobs ahead of me. I said, "wouldn't others possibly get ahead of me if I wait until 830a." He said you'll get in in the morning. Luckily I kept calling and found Morris Heating who came out at 10p from Brimfield and fixed my A/C.

Description of Work
No services were performed.

07/07/2012

Timothy & Carol M.

They are wonderful. They came out really fast. He repaired it really quick and brought the part to me and replaced it. They were very efficient. They are always easy to work with and friendly. Several of the employees that came out multiple times were great to work with.

Description of Work
I have used them 3 times. The last time they came out my heater wasn't working.

03/05/2012

Larry S.

They were excellent. They were very prompt and they came in when they said they are going to come. The job was completed and when they were done, everything was picked up, taken away and there was no debris lying around. The product was good, we haven't had any problems with it, and we are pleased. They just did a really good job.

Description of Work
AAA Northgate Inc did our air condiontioning.

08/17/2011

Kathy R.

They were fast, efficient, and pleasant. They had it done within a couple of hours. They cleaned up everything.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace.

05/21/2011

Judith D.

AAA Northgate has provided excellent service and products on two furnaces and two air conditioners for me for the past 15 years. They serviced my 40-year-old equipment until holes developed in the heat exchangers, at which time Mike Kirk personally analyzed my needs and advised me on the proper equipment. He is very professional and did not try to push high-priced models or features I did not need. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Spring Maintenance on two air conditioning units. Price included Fall Maintenance on two furnaces.

05/18/2011

Christopher F.

I've had my furnace serviced twice in the 6 years I've owned my house, and have always gotten good service with AAA NorthGate. They do ask you to pick a 4-hour service window (sometime between 8 and 12, or 1 and 5) but that seems to be standard for this type of service. Once the technician arrives they have always been able to quickly identify and fix the problem, and get it working again the same day. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken heating element in my furnace (during an unseasonably cold March).

03/03/2011

Terry O.

I have used them for many years. They are good and reasonably priced. I will continue to use their services in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of AAA Northgate to clean my furnace, 4 years ago.

11/24/2010

James J.

It was a pretty good experience overall. They had good communication. The techs did good work. The owner was pretty responsive to questions.

Description of Work
They removed an old furnace and air conditioning unit and installed a new furnace and air conditioning unit.

08/31/2010

cathy H.

They were fine and I spent $150 on that work. They were basically pretty good, but I had an occasion where the technician was careless and left me to clean up a mess. He left the igniter up which caused the gas not to reach it which would normally with a little explosion in light. I had to re-adjust it, so that it was closer to the gas and that the flame would not explode and it would light naturally. If no one notices that it could be a pretty serious thing. This particular technician knows what he is doing, but if he slowed down he would be great, but he doesn’t and is too much in a hurry. I may use the company again depending on the technician.

Description of Work
I used AAA Northgate about 3 months ago and they replaced the motor for the furnace.