FIRST CLASS GARAGE DOOR INC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since November 2008

2300 Wisconsin Ave Unit 322

Downers Grove, IL 60515

First Class Garage Door is a family owned and operated business that has served Chicago’s high traffic commercial garage door and gate needs for over 10 years. During this time, we have distinguished ourselves as the leading experts in the commercial garage door and gate industry. Our veteran technicians are always ready to get the job done with the highest quality of work. We also offer 24 hour emergency service to give you access via your garage door or gate when it matters most. Regardless of the job we are dedicated to providing the highest quality Products, service and workmanship to our customers. It is this dedication that has earned us an A rating on Angie’s list for 9 years and has forged lasting relationships with those we service. First Class Garage Door is looking forward to providing you with the same excellent service that we’ve built our reputation on....

03/01/2017

James W.

Two guy's came out, explained the problem, fixed it and recommended up-keeping.

Description of Work
Garage door was offline and stopped working with auto feature, had to open and close door manually.

04/26/2016

Maria T.

I left a msg. on their website before 6am this morning. I asked for an estimate on a garage door repair. Branden emailed me at @6:17am saying he could be over in 45 min. I called him back and told him I was following up with him and asked if he could come over to provide me with an estimate. He seemed annoyed that I called so early. He was more annoyed that I was calling for an estimate for a repair (vs. just telling him he could come over to do the work). He then told me that they do not provide free estimates on repairs. Well then why would he respond to me and say he could come over when my email specifically requested an estimate on a repair? TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I called another service (Carsons Garage Door Care) immediately afterwards and the response was "night and day". The gentleman was extremely friendly and said he would come out and take a look later in the day. I asked him if he would provide an estimate before we decided to move forward. He gave me an estimate over the phone! And he said if I didn't decide to go with his company, that he would just charge me a trip fee of $20. Now that's customer service!! :)

Description of Work
No service was performed but my initial impression of this company was absolutely terrible!

01/23/2016

Jami M.

The services went extremely well. Other companies say 24 hours but don't actually provide middle of the night services. This company does. I called them at 1030 pm and he came over within 30 minutes to help close my door and repair what was needed. He explained his steps and what was done in detail. He was professional over the phone and in person. The money for the service (excluding extra 24-hr emergency call cost) was applied to the services I purchased. I'd use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replace the motor and some other parts.

12/08/2015

Mary Jo H.

Garage door broke on Saturday afternoon. It would not close all the way, this was my place of business and I was a little concerned. I reached out to the company who has serviced the door in the past but really didn't expect a call back that day but would have loved to set something up for Monday morning. I called 3 companies on Monday, 2 without response and one who was going to send a technician in the afternoon and would call back when they were on the way, no call, no show. They still have not called as I write this now. I then turned to Angie's list and found First Class Garage Door and their website said hours until 7p.m. so I called. Branden answered and set an appointment with me for the next morning. He showed up at the time he said, fixed what needed to be fixed and we are up and running. Very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. I would use them again and highly recommend their service to anyone.

Description of Work
Fixed commercial garage door with new wires, roller and adjusted open close.

12/01/2015

Sal C.

Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Provider is very knowledgeable and professional. It went perfectly. Great service and only took a few hours.

Description of Work
I asked the provider to raise the track rails for my garage door to accommodate a newly installed car lift.

06/17/2015

James S.

New renters in one of our townhouses called and said "your garage door fell down". Had our attention right away. Went over to investigate and called First Class after we saw the scope of work required. They had performed for us in the past and we were pleased with their service. They were booked solid, but came in early the next morning before their regular appointments and fixed the door after explaining why it had broken. Replaced broken hardware that had failed due to corrosion and abrasion. Also recommended replacing the cables because they were old and showed signs of corrosion also. Walked me through the items he replaced; showed me where to look for possible future issues and also advised me on a maintenance procedure we hadn't been performing. Sent the bill by email so we could send a check to save the credit card fee they charge.

Description of Work
removed broken garage door bracket and replaced with new; replaced corroded cables and rebalanced door springs.

01/04/2015

William A.

First class service throughout so the name is fitting. Curtis was thorough, precise and very knowledgable. Work was done in a timely manner and I would definitely use them again. He was kind enough to tune up my separate garage door free of charge. Highly highly recommended.

Description of Work
2 Car Door Torsion Conversion

11/20/2014

Deb P.

Scheduled an appointment after my garage door would not open. Brandon came out first thing in the morning. He explained that the cable had slipped off the drum. He repaired the cable, replaced a couple of the rollers that had come off and did some routine maintenance. He completed the work in less than an hour on an extremely cold morning. Very professional. I will call First Class Garage Door for future garage door repairs.

Description of Work
Repaired cable that had slipped off the drum, replaced rollers and routine maintenance.

11/06/2014

Ellen J.

The company responded quickly via phone to the email I sent through Angie's List. An appointment was scheduled for early the next morning at my request. They arrived on time and were very polite and professional. The work was done thoroughly and properly. No mess was left. Everything was finished within an hour. The garage door works great now (quieter than ever).

Description of Work
Fixed garage door gear shaft assembly. Replaced a cracked hinge. Routine maintenance of garage doors.

10/26/2014

NANCY P.

We woke up and garage door spring was busted. I called and Brandon was there in 30 minutes. He explained my options and I chose the best quality new spring and new cables. I also asked him to do a general tuneup and replace the seal at the bottom of the door as water was getting in. I was very surprised to find my garage door opener considerably quieter as a result of the tuneup. His price was very reasonable considering his time and materials. This spring will probably last as long as I have this house, but I will definitely call him with issues at rental properties I own, or for any other issues with this garage door.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door spring and cables, tuned up the GDO and the garage door, replaced seal at bottom of garage door. Two car garage with heavy old door.

09/11/2014

Brian T.

Brandon was able to come out within a couple hours and repair the garage door. He replaced the spring, bottom seal, and did routine maintenance to oil and inspect door. He worked quickly and was kind and professional. He was very informative and went over all of the options with me. I highly recommend Brandon and First class Garage Doors. We will use them again for any future needs.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring and bottom seal and routine maintenance .

09/10/2014

James S.

called them at 9:00am when door wouldn't open. Arrived at 4:00pm same day and installed replacement spring. Very personable installer. Thought price reasonable for product and service provided. They also handled a complete installation of replacement door opener for my son's rental property two months ago. Prompt, professional service. Great opener.

Description of Work
replaced spring on garage door

05/30/2014

victor G.

He was awesome. He was great and it was another good work. It was reasonable. He was a tickle guy, clip some art sign, professional, did good work, knowledgeable, and bright.

Description of Work
I used First Class Garage Door Inc. for garage door service.

03/23/2014

Roberta W.

Brandon and his associate did a GREAT job. They took the old door with them, adjusted the existing garage door opener, and replaced everything with new. The new garage door is quiet and works great. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door as the braces on the other one were cracked.

01/16/2014

Keith K.

The new garage door looks fantastic! Thanks!

Description of Work
Branden was very professional and explained everything when he came out for the estimate. On the day of the install, he arrived right on time and started the work promptly. He did a great job and cleaned everything up afterwards.

12/09/2013

Kimberly J.

I was so happy that the company answered the phone and was able to come out in the morning to fix my garage door that was bent and wouldn't open. He was a really hard worker. I think his name was Bryan. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Fix my badly damaged door after my teenager smashed into it. The young man worked really hard in cold weather to bang it out and get it working again.

11/28/2013

james H.

I called on Tuesday because a spring broke on one of my garage doors. They came out the next day. Branden said he could replace the old side springs for $200 or for $325 he could refit the door to use a central spring. My doors had always been noisy even though I had replaced the openers. He said the central spring would be quieter, cheaper to repair in the future and safer. So I went for the refit and had him do both doors. The results were amazing. The doors open so quietly and smoothly now.

Description of Work
Refitted 2 garage doors to use central spring instead of old side springs. Replaced rusted brackets and worn out rollers.

09/13/2013

Pat H.

Great! They showed up on time and got the job done quickly & professionally. I would recommend them to anyone who needs garage door installation & maintenance.

Description of Work
They installed my new garage door.

08/14/2013

SANDRA & DOUG J.

We picked First-Class garage door thru Angie's List. He did a lot of adjustments. We had previously used another provider which would get our garage door functioning but never quite perfect. First-Class is now the company we will call to adjust the garage door or opener because it works so smoothly now. We also had lost one of our remotes--when we mentioned that, First Class had one on the truck and were able to replace it immediately.

Description of Work
Tune-up and inspection. Oil and lube door. Adjust top fixtures. Tightened loose hardware. Greased and adjusted opener.

06/27/2013

ALLAN S.

They were punctual and did a good job.

Description of Work
This was the Big Deal for Only $49 for Garage Door Tune-up + 21 Point Safety Inspection.

06/10/2013

Dori C.

He was very thorough and polite. He did everything within the deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a garage door tune up.

05/02/2013

CYNTHIA O.

Technician was prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
I used a big Deal to have garage door tuned up. Spring was cleaned and lubricated.

03/07/2013

frank D.

It was a good experience. Nice guy, knew what he was doing, showed up on time. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Garage Door Tune-up

12/28/2012

Joseph Y.

They answered request for estimate promptly, made a convenient appointment quickly. They showed up on time, with a confirmation call ahead of time. The installer had all the required parts with him, and did the work promptly. They did not try to solicit us for more work than was necessary, and pricing was very fair and less than other companies estimated. I am writing this review about three months later, and everything is still in great shape and working well.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door springs and repaired broken brace.

11/30/2012

Florence P.

We were having problems with our garage door and the opener. Angie's List came out with a Big Deal to have a tune-up and inspection. We decided to take advantage of it. First-Class Garage Door was professional, responsive and knowledgeable. We had an opener that was installed in the '80s and after inspecting it, it was decided that it was time to replace it. We were given a fair price and a free second remote. The spring tension was adjusted and the door oiled and lubed. That was in January 2011 and for the past two years we have not had any problems with the garage or the remote. We're very pleased with the workmanship and product. eem

Description of Work
We had the garage door inspected, oiled, lubed and the spring tension adjusted. We also had the garage door opener replaced with 2 remotes.

Peerless Fence

Peerless Fence Group is committed to providing our customers with quality work, service & industry expertise since 1961. We are a family owned & operated business that offers fence products & gates as well as fence repairs. We're the company that residential, commercial & industrial customers trust most when they need a new fence installation. We have 6 locations so you know you have an office that is close to you. Our service area includes the Chicagoland area, southern Wisconsin, western Indiana, Indianapolis area & south into Bloomington / Champaign. We specialize in aluminum fences, chain link fences, composite fences, steel fences, vinyl fences (PVC fences), wood fences and wrought iron fences. Plus we provide fence solutions for privacy fences, security fences, ornamental fences, pool fences and dog fences. Our gate operator division offers many solutions when you need a residential, commercial or industrial automated gate. We will work with you to create a complete turnkey system consisting of a gate, operator and access control unit. We proudly include these brands: Peerless Fence, Tru-Link Fence & Products, The Fence Store, Shogren Fence Inc., IFFT Quality Fencing, Inc., Woodland Fence, Imperial Fence Co. and Gate Options.

Crystal Overhead Door Inc

2022 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER! When you want the finest Chicago garage door in the business, trust your home to Crystal Overhead Door, where we know what it takes to find a quality solution that both protects and flatters your home. Proudly serving the Chicago area, including the suburbs in the metropolitan area, we’re the community’s number-one resource for everything you need to keep your garage door both functional and aesthetically attractive. Whether you’re looking to replace an existing overhead door, or your need a new garage door opener to make your current system more convenient, we’ll help you find exactly what you need for less. Our company is locally-owned and operated, meaning that we’re not only invested in the success of our customers, we’re an important part of the community, and our clients are the neighbors we know and love. In addition, we’ve been an Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner for 9 years running, and maintain an A-plus accredited rating with the Better Business Bureau. We not only claim to deliver quality service, we let our results speak for themselves. The next time you need a helping hand with your Chicago garage doors or garage door openers, head to the experts at Crystal Overhead Door, where we’ll make it simpler than ever to beautify and to protect your home. Your garage comprises 20-40% of the area of your home visible from the street, which means your garage door is not only an essential part of making a good impression, it’s also a huge part of comprehensive home security. Call today for a consultation with our experienced specialists, and see how we can help you succeed!

North Shore Garage Doors

Welcome to Garage Door Group Chicago, your resource for reliable, reputable garage door repair and installation. We are dedicated to offering the entire Chicagoland area with the highest level of customer service in our industry. With four locations and each with its own offices, website, Service Department, and Experienced Technicians, the Garage Door Group is here to serve. The Group is put together by: North Shore Garage Door located in Glenview. West Suburban Garage Doors is located in Oak Brook. Woodfield Garage Doors is dedicated to serving the Northwest Suburbs and is conveniently located in Schaumburg. South Suburban Garage Doors is located in Tinley Park. The Group is dedicated to offering your EXPERT LOCAL DOOR SERVICE. We guarantee same-day service if you call us before 3pm (Mon-Fri only) Our competitive pricing policy means you will receive the best price we will not be beat in terms of value and service. With over 25 Years in the remodeling business, you will be delighted with our services. Call Garage Door Group Chicago today and one of our very own experienced techs will be proud to serve you and your family.

Garage door and opener sales service and installation - Commercial - 24 hr emergency service - Gate and gate operator sales service and installation