Zudor Flooring

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2009

With our expertise in residential and commercial flooring (we refinish, install and repair hardwood floors), Zudor Flooring continues to deliver the highest quality of service in the industry. Based on the belief that our costumers' needs come first, our entire team is committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations, and delivering the best quality and service....

Design

+5 more images

hardwood floors (108)flooring (43)water damage restoration (3)carpet installation (2)

10/14/2020

Ayushi K.

Went very well! We love our new floors. Zudor flooring was the best quote (for labor only) and arrived to the job on time and finished in 1 day as opposed to the 2 days they quoted us. They do not haul away garbage and they do say that your baseboards/lower walls may need paint touch ups but we did not need that at all. Paul the owner is kind and fairly responsive. I’d happily use their services again and will refer them to friends or family.

Description of Work
Installing new Vinyl floors over the current subfloor (linoleum)

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for Zudor Flooring - 950 Margret St, Des Plaines, IL - 38946216

08/04/2020

rob K.

I've used them for a number of projects. It was excellent, the price of the work is worth it for the quality. They were the first person I called for flooring services I need. The owner is very responsive unlike other companies, they answered my calls in a very timely manner. They were always on time.

Description of Work
They installed brand new flooring in our new condominium.

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

08/04/2020

tiffany P.

They did a really good job and matched it really well. They got it done in the time expected and we would definitely hire them again. We would highly recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They installed new flooring including matching existing hardwood flooring.

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

08/03/2020

sherry D.

I had worked with another provider previously. They failed to follow through on delivering something. I chose Zudor as a replacement. They ended up saving me money by talking me into refinishing my upstairs hardwoods instead of replacing them. They were very calm, great listeners, workers were amazing, communication was great, I liked everything about them. He worked with my general contractor well and they communicated well together. He did an impeccable job. He was very knowledgeable. I have a lot of different floor types and the transition looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Re-floor the entire house

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

11/16/2017

Denis and Debbie C.

He’s done several rooms in my home with very good results. They are prompt, efficient and professional. The floors look beautiful. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Flooring Service

Work Completed On 09/16/2017

07/31/2017

Roger T.

This is the 2nd time I have used Zudor. Super fast, neat, reasonably priced and the floors look great.

Description of Work
Sand and finish living and bedroom

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

01/21/2017

Cheri S.

Paul is the ultimate professional. Our floors look great and he is easy to work with. He always shows up on time, and is meticulous about his work. I trust him in my home and would hire him anytime I need something done that has to do with hardwood flooring.

Description of Work
Paul Zudor has done work in my home multiple times. He has refinished all of my hardwood floors and laid new floors in one of our bedrooms.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

12/28/2016

LESTER Z.

Zudor flooring put gouges into stairs with scrapper - asked them to fix but they refused Zudor flooring poorly sanded/buffed main floor - left chatter waves on entire floor in DR LR and Kitchen - asked them to fix but they refused reserved 3 nights in hotel but they finished in 1.5 days - demanded cash payment

Description of Work
FLOOR & STAIR REFINISH

Work Completed On 12/28/2016

We are sorry to see this review. To further explain the story, Zudor Flooring was originally contacted to repair floor damage that was already created by another vendor. At that time we explained to the client some of the things that may not come out perfectly. After our initial work was completed we were paid (every client has the payment options listed in the proposal we send out) and after a couple of days, it seemed that the work did not satisfy the client anymore. We attempted twice to find a way to please our client by redoing the project and the owner did not permit us into the house with our first scheduled attempt. We attempted to set up a second date and again, we were not permitted in by the owner to complete the work. We have done everything in our power to make the situation good and are still open to the opportunity to cooperate with the client in regards to this project.

10/18/2016

Tod J.

arrived early, very professional, sanded floor and applied two sample stains. finished floor with stain and three coats of poly. total cleanup finished in one day highly recommended and will use again

Description of Work
refinish 200 sq ft entry wood floor

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

Review for Zudor Flooring - 950 Margret St, Des Plaines, IL - 33737293

Thank you, we appreciate your business .

05/02/2016

Bert P.

Paul came and gave me a very honest appraisal and made great suggestions on how to repair the floor. He and his crew came on-time and repaired, sanded, stained and put multiple coats of protection on the floor. He left us with a great looking floor and no mess. They were very neat and performed a lot of additional repairs without being asked. It was a very good experience. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. If you want a good price, honest professional work performed then call Paul Zudor.....

Description of Work
repaired, refinished a very beat up hardwood floor to look like it was new.

Work Completed On 04/30/2016

Thank you,we appreciate your business.

11/25/2015

Maura R.

Great! He did a wonderful job. I have already recommended him.

Description of Work
Paul removed the carpet, installed and finished new oak floors, baseboards and vents. He was prompt and very clean. We love our new floor! I would highly recommend his.

Work Completed On 11/16/2015

11/05/2015

Navid V.

Paul was a true professional to work with during this project. From the time he showed up for the estimate on time to making sure he started and finished the project he and his crew were always professional and courteous. They covered all of the cabinets and door openings with plastic sheeting and made every effort to keep residual dust to a minimum. He took care to sand the floors to make them even and pointed out a few areas that he felt weren't perfect (but honestly I couldn't tell the difference). When it came time to pick out a stain color, he prepared a few different options since we wanted something darker than jacobean and lighter than ebony. He mixed a few different ratios and applied some swatches on our floor to consider. We did a 50/50 mix and had 3 coats of poly applied to help ensure the floors look great and last a long time. If you're looking for an outfit that produces high quality at a good price and is easy to work with- look no further than Zudor Flooring!

Description of Work
Sanded, custom stained and applied three coats of poly to our entire first floor and staircase.

Work Completed On 09/30/2015

Thank you. We appreciate your business.

09/07/2015

JAN E.

I didn't like my worn parquet in the original golden oak color. It had scratches and the tiles looked raggedy. I thought it would be "greener" to just have it refinished and re-stained a darker color, rather than torn up and replaced with engineered wood. Plus it was way less expensive to just have it refinished. I am so happy with the way it came out! Zudor Flooring did a wonderful job and Paul answered my many questions promptly by email before we started. They put protective plastic sheeting up to protect other rooms and a loft area, and cleaned up perfectly at the end of the job. Paul told me at the start that they woudn't remove the quarter round on the baseboards, and I was worried that they wouldn't be able to get close enough with the sander to make it look seamless. But they got right up to the edge and it looks beautiful. The refinishing took my existing floor from a 1950s look to a more modern look. I had taken carpeting off a couple of steps, and they fitted new wood to the steps and stained to match -- I was thrilled with the new steps. Zudor exceeded my expectations!

Description of Work
Refinish and re-stain parquet floors, construct new hardwood steps.

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

Review for Zudor Flooring - 950 Margret St, Des Plaines, IL - 27697563

Thank you. We appreciate your business. Paul

09/04/2015

Alan L.

Working with Paul Zudor was a pleasure from start to finish. He came out for an estimate on the day after I called, gave me a good price and info one the process and the finish he planned to use. The work was promptly scheduled and his crew showed up right on time. I had Paul sand and put a natural finish on two large rooms and a hallway. He got it all done in one day and the floor looks great! Very even sanding job - I didn't see any "edges" at all - and the baseboards had no sanding damage anywhere. The finish looks great - very even and smooth with no bubbles at all. I'm very happy with the work that Zudor did! I'd definitely hire Zudor Flooring myself again and will recommend Zudor to any friends that need wood floors refinished. Excellent professional service and high quality workmanship!

Description of Work
Wood floor sanding and refinishing

Work Completed On 08/31/2015

Thank you. We appreciate your business. Paul

08/13/2015

EDWARD M.

Paul is a True Tradesman. Knows his craft. Did the professional labor himself. There was water damage to floor with gouges and cracks. When Paul finished I had a new floor and no mess.

Description of Work
Refinish floor.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 08/12/2015

07/17/2015

Eric H.

Paul is a delight to work with. He is a perfectionist and he is extremely dedicated to the job at hand. In talking with Paul, he is on every job site and he was there with his crew all 3.5 days. Paul is easy to work with and the work he did was simply outstanding. I cannot say enough great things about Paul and Zudor flooring. I've worked with dozens of contractors over the years and Zudor Flooring is in the top three list of contractors I've enjoyed working with most and that have exceeded my expectations! Thanks Paul!!!

Description of Work
Paul and his crew sanded, stained and placed three coats of polyurethane on our entire first oak and maple first floor. He also did repairs and added new sections of wood.

Work Completed On 07/16/2015

06/24/2015

Sarah F.

They were probably the most professional contractors we have dealt with in our new home. They started the job earlier than originally stated, did a great job, and were careful around our appliances and walls. They cleaned up after themselves and were extremely professional. At least once a week we still say how beautiful our floors are! I would highly recommend Zudor for a fair price and excellent service!

Description of Work
We had a little over 2,000 square feet of oak flooring refinished. Zudor did an amazing job! I have waited almost two years to post this review to make sure that the finish held up to normal wear and tear and it has! They color matched our furniture perfectly

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

05/21/2015

Patricia H.

He was the best. He showed up on time. He did a wonderful job. They look better than they ever have before. One of the boards was damaged. He let me know and he fixed it at no charge. I will recommend him to any and everybody.

Description of Work
He refinished 3 hardwood floors for me that hadn't been refinished in years.

Work Completed On 06/27/2014

05/19/2015

R. I.

Great job! This company is very professional. They were prompt, showed up when they said they would. They even emailed us to let us know when they were on their way. The quality of workmanship is excellent. Detail oriented, great craftsmanship, and they clean up after their work. They are true pros and know what they are doing. I've worked with several different contractors over the years and got my share of headaches. It is a completely different experience with Zudor, and I'm so glad I found these guys. High quality work, reliable company, and great customer service! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They removed carpeting and put down wood floors on my stairs. They installed unfinished wood, sanded and finished it with Bona to match existing wood floors. It looks fantastic.

Work Completed On 05/16/2015

05/04/2015

Maureen C.

Highly recommend this company. They were prompt, and did the job beautifully. The job was completed as promised. They cleaned up very well and I had no problem with lingering dust.

Description of Work
Installed new oak flooring in living room and dining room. Had to refinish the entire first floor oak floors with stain to match the new floors.

Work Completed On 03/23/2015

02/11/2015

edward C.

Paul and his team were amazing! I would recommend him to friends and clients. He gave us a quote on the work that needed to be completed and also provided a sample stain before continuing with the job. Our problem was that we had two different types of wood in the kitchen and living room and wanted one consistent look. He showed us what it would look like stained before we made any final decisions. In the end we ended up ripping out the flooring in one room because our previous contractor did such an awful job! When Paul walked into the house he knew exactly what wood was installed without me having to say it. Our old contractor put in the wrong floors! Paul corrected our problem VERY quickly. His timing is spot on! He did the work in the exact amount of time he said, and even with the unexpected work of our floors having to be redone, it only took an extra day. He is professional, and takes a great sense of pride in his work.... you can tell by his craftsmanship. Would recommend him again and again!

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood flooring throughout the home with a dark stain

Work Completed On 02/03/2015

Review for Zudor Flooring - 950 Margret St, Des Plaines, IL - 27697461

Thank you. We appreciate your business.

11/24/2014

Larry W.

Paul and his team are top notch installers and finishers. Their attention to detail is amazing - from taking care of and respecting the household they are working in, to protecting surrounding work surfaces, they are the most detailed and caring contractors I have had the pleasure of dealing with in a long time. Paul is a good communicator, is on time for his appointments and does his utmost to insure his clients are delighted with his work. He doesn't promise what he cannot deliver, and goes above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion. On top of all of this? Paul provided us with a very sharp price on the work we wanted him to do for us.We couldn't be any more pleased with the installation and finishing services Paul provided to us. We hope to do a few more rooms next year - Paul will be the only one we will call to have this work done - he's that good!!!

Description of Work
Installation of oak flooring; finishing of oak flooring.

Work Completed On 11/18/2014

Thank you, we appreciate your business. Paul