Xclusive Concrete & Brick Paving

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2009

1251 Redeker Rd

Des Plaines, IL 60016

Tony Grisanzio started his career in concrete construction in the early 1990s. He worked for more than 10 yrs before realizing that unprofessional operators, poor craftsmanship and unorganized job sites were common practices among the majority of concrete contractors in the industry. He was driven to make a difference and believed he could create a better concrete construction process and service that customers appreciated. So he decided it was time to build something of his own and launched Xclusive Concrete, Inc. in 2000. Since then he expanded into brick paving, concrete stamping and foundation building as well as many other related services. Xclusive prides itself on quality results that are on time and within the customers budget....

08/18/2021

Reed L.

Tony and his team did a great job replacing my old driveway, walkway and front stoop with new concrete. They were very responsive and professional at every step. Shannon was great with the communication. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace Concrete Driveway, walkway and stoop

05/28/2021

Jason F.

The crew of Xclusive Concrete have done two separate jobs for me in the past year, first a new driveway last year and then replacing a concrete patio in my backyard this year. Tony, Shannon, and their team are nothing but professional, courteous, and helpful. And just as important, they get the job done right the first time without issue. I found them right here on Angie's List and am very glad I did. They have my highest of recommendations.

Description of Work
Replacement of driveway and patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Hi! We are so glad to hear the wonderful outcome of not one but both projects that we have completed and work with you! It has been such a pleasure working with you on your project! We are glad that the work has been completed to your expectations, we value feedback! Thank you for reviewing us for our potential customers to read! Thank you for your business! Xclusive Concrete Team

08/04/2020

Glinda L.

Xclusive Concrete did a wonderful job of re-edging my brick paver patio, power washing it and re-sanding it. I have a very large back patio, side walkway, front walkway, and front porch. Their quality of work was fantastic. I received several quotes and Xclusive was very competitive. However, I chose Xclusive because I thought the owner, Tony, really knew what was best for the brick paver work. My patio really needed to be re-edged. He also recommended Not putting sealer on it because it already had sealer on it and putting sealer on top of sealer traps the moisture and can create a cloudy / hazy look to it, which is very unattractive. He was spot on! Other contractors would have just gone ahead and put sealer on it because they just wanted to get more money for the project but Tony from Xclusive gave me the story straight up! I would totally use Xclusive again and HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!

Description of Work
Brick Paver Patio Repairs, Power Washing and Re-sanding

Category pressure washing, hardscaping, patios

Hello Des Plaines Resident, Thank you for hiring us to complete the scope of work of the Edging Patio! Thank you for posting pictures of the completed project. Pictures always help the potential customers! Tony says a HUGE thank you for posting this wonderful review and for recommending Xclusive Concrete! Thank you for allowing to service your Brick Paver scope of work! Thank you The Xclusive Concrete Team!

08/03/2020

TERESA Z.

Very reputable company and we are giving them A+. Great price, job well done and great crew. They are very well skilled and experienced. Our place was left very clean at the end of their shift daily. We are glad that we had the opportunity to be doing business with them! Remaining very grateful. V.Z. Niles, IL

Description of Work
new driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Hello Niles Residents! Thank you for hiring us to provide the concrete work at your residency! We appreciate your wonderful review in our work performance as this shows for the potential Xclusive Concrete customers! We appreciate your business, Thank you for the opportunity of servicing your concrete needs. Thank you , Xclusive Concrete Team

06/17/2020

Brittany R.

We used Xclusive concrete based upon the number of great recommendations we had received. They were the highest bid but we wanted the work done right, so we used them anyways. Biggest mistake we could’ve made. They snapped our electrical line running from our house to our garage. My nanny happened to see what they did and notified us, it was not until we confronted them that they decided to call out an electrician to properly fix the mistake. Also in order to fix the mistake, they needed to put a 1 foot hole in our newly finished basement wall to access the electrical, and WE had to pay someone to repair the drywall. Fast forward to 1 year later, we have over 25 pop ups and 4 large cracks each running from 1 seam to the next. We have attempted to contact them multiple times and we even had to get the Village Of Niles involved in an attempt to fix the poor work. It’s now been months and they just keep telling us that they will get back to us. They do not stand by their work, the quality of work is some of the worst I’ve seen and unfortunately even the Village of Niles attempt to get them to correct the situation was ignored.

Description of Work
Patio and driveway concrete

Category concrete repair

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] We would like to address our apologies that the project from a year ago that you hired us to complete has not meet your 100% standard satisfaction. Xclusive Concrete stands behind our pride in our work as we meet 100% satisfaction to ALL of our customers. Situations do occur in the real development of projects as we strive for satisfaction, as we have been honored to be successful. We had assisted you with the concerns as to the proper company, and proper departments to escalate the concerns as you obviously did not agree too. We apologize for your opinion in the matters. Xclusive Concrete

10/27/2019

Sean G.

Top notch. Ace crew. True craftsman. Transformed my driveway from a crumbling eyesore to now being the talk of neighborhood. Easy to work with. Transparent in their scheduling. Hire these guys and don’t think twice about it.

Description of Work
Replaced asphalt driveway, front walkway, front door stoop, expanded driveway footprint

07/04/2018

Andrea B.

They did an excellent job. They were always available to discuss the project. Tony made sure he knew exactly what I wanted to do. I am not disappointed. Also, they were very careful to protect the landscaping.

Description of Work
New concrete driveway, new concrete walkway lined with pavers and new paver stoop

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hardscaping

05/19/2018

Kevin H.

We had a complicated re-hab project, and issues arose, and Tony stood behind his work and came back more than once to address an issue that wasn't caused by his personal work, but effected the concrete. And he paid out of pocket to have the waterproof-er guys back to ensure we have a dry and leak basement. In the construction industry it's hard to find businesses that are honest, willing to the right thing, and willing to commit to finishing touches, and Tony and Shannon with Xclusive did just that. I am very relieved, grateful and impressed with their commitment to satisfaction and quality, even after a long difficult project.

Description of Work
New foundation / leak free basement walls and waterproofing under an 1890s Farmhouse

09/07/2017

William J.

Xclusive concrete is a great company for new concrete driveways. Tony, their owner, is very efficient and explains in detail what services his company provides when he meets with you at your home to discuss the work you are requesting. Xclusive replaced my old asphalt driveway and concrete sidewalk with a new concrete driveway and sidewalk. Shannon, of their office, is highly skilled in coordinating all permit requests and construction schedules as well as answering any questions both procedural and technical. The installation crew is highly skilled in pouring concrete and creating a California concrete finish. recommend this company for installing your new concrete driveway and sidewalks for your home. I interfaced with this company on behalf of my Son since I am retired while he was working and not available during the day. Bill J for Tim J Des Plaines

Description of Work
New concrete driveway and sidewalk

07/24/2017

Yuhong G.

I left a message during the weekend. I called Monday morning. I was told they are fully booked for several months and won't be able to come out until spring next year. I appreciated their honesty. I also got a call in the afternoon because of my message (they didn't write down my info during first call because I cannot book any services). All in all, a very professional company and pleasant to deal with. I think a lot of customers agree and that's why they are so busy.

Description of Work
Garage floor crack repair and driveway grade change to fix flooded problem

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, foundation repair

05/01/2017

Marek B.

Absolutely the Best! If you read only one review - make it this one!!! From the process of obtaining the permit to a finishing landscaping touches, Tony and his crews were beyond professional a pleasure to deal with! I am a perfectionist and a total nitpicking kinda guy! so take it from, I constantly worry about every little detail, and our project, of course, was the most special out there! We were putting in more than 850 SQ Feet of concrete, plus pavers at the front entrance, also we had to move a downspout under about 30 feet of new driveway. It was complex! Everything went smoothly as we planned, we are left with an impeccable looking driveway, And if you haven't seen their work - you should! These guys are artists, with great structural know-how and a great attention to details. Tony provided a very competitive quote and there was no sign of any corner cutting! From installation of the reinforcing re-bar, to 42" deep pillars all the way to the Control joints that are so superbly done, and orchestrated to carry the water out so that no water is retained (and cause ice damage during the winter months). The crews were very professional and during the two days of demo work, left the job site, tidy and safe for kids! Xclusive concrete is a well-respected company and had no issues with the inspectors from City officials. (which I was naturally worried about) Due to concrete finish that we have chosen, the concrete 'pour' had to happen on two separate days. - The end result is just perfect, just as I designed it! =) I myself am still in awe of the end results and are grinning every time I get into the driveway. We have neighbors walking up and congratulating us on the makeover, and wanting to do the similar project in their front yard! I can whole heartily recommend Tony and his crew for your brick paver and concrete work. A+ and a Job well done!

Description of Work
New Driveway, Parking Pad, Two Service Walks and a new enlarged Brick Paver front home entrance, fixed our garage floor and also moved a gutter underneath the new driveway to the center of the property

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hardscaping, patios

12/08/2016

Janet P.

Tony and his crew are extremely professional and the work was very high quality. We are very pleased with their work and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced garage floor

11/08/2016

Denise B.

We would absolutely recommend Xclusive Concrete to our family, friends and neighbors. We were very impressed at how professional and efficient their crew was. We absolutely love our new driveway and paver sidewalks which has really enhanced the value and curb appeal of our home. They completed a huge project much sooner than we expected. We’ll be so proud to have guests over on Christmas Eve to see them walking up that beautiful path to our front door. Our project manager Shannon was incredibly patient, responsive and answered every question we had along the way. Tony provided us with creative ideas for this project which worked out perfectly. He is hands on and consistently following up with his crew to ensure we were satisfied with their daily progress. They also did a tremendous job cleaning up every day. Thank you Xclusive! We are so proud of our home again!!

Description of Work
Replaced driveway with concrete and brick pavers and replaced sidewalks all around the house with brick pavers

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

The Berberts: Your kind review is very well appreciated of Xclusive Concrete! Thank you for the wonderful feedback, more importantly thank you for choosing to be an Xclusive Concrete Customer! We value each customers jobs that we start to finish. We hope you enjoy your cheerful Holiday Season! Warm Regards, Xclusive Concrete Team

09/30/2016

SAMUEL G.

They did great job. Scheduling & work was done in neat and professional manner.

Description of Work
new patio installation

Category concrete repair, patios

Mr. [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for the kind feedback of our completed scope of work! We appreciate your business, and leaving such a wonderful review! Thank you for choosing to be an Xclusive Concrete Customer! Warm Regards, Xclusive Concrete Team

09/01/2016

Connie F.

We were extremely pleased with the quality of work performed by Xclusive Concrete. After receiving several quotes, we decided to go with Xclusive, although it wasn't the cheapest, because Tony, the owner, took the time to discuss the project with us and offer ideas without any sales pitch. He is clearly knowledgeable about and experienced in all aspects of concrete, having worked previously with his father in the business. On the start date, his employees arrived punctually and had the old concrete demolished and hauled away within a few hours, sweeping up everything neatly including the street area. The foreman, Alex, consulted with us several times to make sure of the design and finish we wanted, and offered suggestions on followup maintenance. Tony came by during the project at the pre-pour stage and later to check on everything. By the end of the afternoon of the first day, the driveway was prepped with forms, gravel, and mesh reinforcement. The concrete pour took place on the next day, and was completed efficiently by mid-afternoon. We thought the workers paid careful attention to details. Again, the area was cleaned up completely. One worker even raked our lawn where it had gotten tamped down. The concrete looks wonderful, and we're glad we chose the California finish, which provides more interest and texture. Several of our neighbors commented to us on how pleasant and professional the workers seemed. It also seemed to us that they enjoy what they do, always a positive sign.

Description of Work
Demolition of old concrete driveway, front walk, service walk, concrete overlay on front porch

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Dear [Member Name Removed]: Thank you for choosing Xclusive Concrete to complete the scope of work that you hired us for. We are extremely satisfied that your job was completed to all of your expectations! It was a pleasure serving you! Thank you for the generous words of our staff, we greatly appreciate the wonderful review! Sincerely, Xclusive Concrete Staff

08/10/2016

William M.

beautiful work patio looks new door sill job was perfect

Description of Work
replaced door sill releveled, sanded and sealed patio

Category concrete driveways, masonry, patios

Mr. [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Your kind review is well appreciated. Thank you for choosing to be an Xclusive Customer, we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Xclusive Concrete Team

07/06/2015

Dorothy K.

This company did a fantastic job. We were very impressed with this company. This company exceeded our expectations in every regard.

Description of Work
They took our old driveway and put in a new concrete driveway.

Category concrete repair

It was our pleasure servicing your concrete work! Thank you for the wonderful reviews and thank you for choosing to be an Xclusive Customer, we value your business!

12/30/2014

jerome G.

It went well. It was a small job that they worked in to their schedule.

Description of Work
They resurfaced our front stoop.

Category concrete repair

[member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review posted on Angies List, we appreciate your business! Thank you for choosing to be an Xclusive Customer!

11/10/2014

Nancy W.

Because of the blow winter struck on concrete, we had a horrible time getting any companies to give us bids or to respond after seeing the job. This was one of two companies that went through the whole process and we chose them because we felt better about Xclusive than the other (moonlight). The start date was delayed many times because rain, etc., put them behind on other jobs. That was OK. We felt we were lucky to have a decent company commit to doing the job, since so many stood us up, wouldn't return calls, etc. Need to insert here that they never responded to our phone calls. They usually did, however, respond to e-mails (a woman named Grace I think). They came the week of Nov. 4. They told us it would take one to two days. We were told they would come between 7 and 7:30. They never came that early. They worked Monday and Tuesday on the deconstruction part, leaving that yellow construction tape up (which is a good thing). They didn't show up Wednesday or Thursday. They didn't respond to our e-mails asking what happened, why they weren't done and when they would finish. They came back Friday and Saturday. It appears they finished Friday but left the tape over the stairs so not entirely sure. Hope to find out for sure today. One thing I give them points for is cleaning up after themselves each day they worked. They moved their stuff into the side or back yards so it wasn't thrown on the front lawn. They did, however, dirty up the railing and didn't make any attempt to clean it (at least not as of today when I came to work). We plan to have it sanded and repainted, anyway, so it won't matter long term. One thing I wish is that they had told us we might want to get new railings. I didn't even think of it until I saw them laying on my side yard and noticed how crummy they looked. How I feel about them: If concrete companies were not in such great demand at the time we were searching for one, I would tell you they were just fair. But the fact is they were one of only two (of eight to 10 maybe) that even bothered with us, and for that we can't help but be grateful. So under the circumstances, I'd rate them a good.

Description of Work
Tore down and rebuilt concrete steps to the house

Category concrete repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful review posted on Angies List! We appreciate your business, and choosing to be an Xclusive Customer!

06/12/2014

Susan S.

I had done my due diligence with Xclusive and had asked a ton of questions including what was included and what wasn't. He answered all my questions and his contract was very inclusive. Do your homework and really research and then ask to see their work! Just a few tips for others... 1. Be sure contract is very specific about how much gravel will be laid and if any excavating needs to be done to remove clay or dirt. Does it include dumping fee's? This is where Evergreen screwed me! 2. Thickness of concrete? Include Fibermess? I wouldn't have any concrete poured if the company doesn't use the fiber! 3. Expansion joints...Where will they be placed? 4. Where do they get their concrete from? Will it be white white when dried? Some people don't like the white white look. 5. Will they seal it...come back later or do it when poured. 6. Who gets the permits and is the cost included in the contract? Got screwed here too! Long story though. 7. Is top soil laid and is it seeded? Not a big deal unless you are adding pavers. Anyway, just a few things to think about...Good luck with your job. Mine looks great, but cost me $1240.00 more on an already $9,000 job.

Description of Work
Tony was very prompt in coming to my house and giving me an estimate for my concrete driveway and walkway. I wish I would have used him for the job. I went with another company who was more $$, but because I needed my sprinkler system moved, I thought it would be easier since we already had a partnership with Katyln from AutoRain. She also owns Evergreen. After Evergreen' charged me $1500 more for the job than the contracted price, I called Tony. He was great. Had he of called me about 6 hours earlier, I would have fired Evergreen, taken my losses and hired Tony from Xclusive.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful feedback posted on Angies list! We appreciate your business, we value you as choosing to be an Xclusive Customer.

05/21/2014

Holly D.

A little lacking in the communication department to begin with. We signed the contract for 6 weeks in the future, never called to schedule the job or called to say he would be coming in 2 to 3 weeks. Once I reached him, the owner explained that they were behind schedule due to the weather. He was very good about following up after that point. Crew showed up on time, very hard working and professional. The owner was there to supervise the pouring of the concrete and the finishing. We are very happy with the results and would recommend his company to family and friends needing concrete work. Pricing was much better than many other contractors.

Description of Work
Replaced patio and added additional walkway.

Category concrete repair, patios

[member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful posting on Angies List! We appreciate your business and value you as an Xclusive Customer!

09/28/2013

Douglas S.

Coordinated with pavers and city who was replacing street. Crew started every morning on time and accomplished the job in the stated time frame. The driveway and walkways look Great. Crew arrived on time and cleaned up nightly. The job was completed in3 days with minimal disruption. Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Removed asphalt driveway, concrete walk ways leading to front and side, floor of garage and replaced with new concrete.

08/19/2013

Catherine F.

We were very satisfied with all phases of the project. We received a prompt call back after leaving our initial request for a quote, and Tony Grisanzio, the owner, was out within a week or so to look over the job. He gave us his quote on the spot, and estimated when he could get to our job. Despite a summer of rain, he was quite accurate with his estimate. The team that did the work was extremely polite and very receptive to my tweaking of the design of the stoop and sidewalk. Their craftsmanship was excellent. We thought the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
They replaced our concrete front stoop and removed an old concrete sidewalk, replacing it with a paver sidewalk.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

[Member name], Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Angies List! We appreciate your business, and value you as an Xclusive Customer!

07/31/2013

steve B.

I still the need the work done, but since the time we made the appointment I have not heard from Tony. I have given up at this point. Tony said he would be out the next day and ignored my calls. I waited 3 hours for him to not show.

Description of Work
I needed a driveway estimate. We spoke on the phone and he was going to come the very next morning. He was scheduled to arrive at 9a and I called him four times after that each hour- the last call at noon. The next morning around 8a I received a call and I missed it- he did not leave a voice mail. I called him back and there was no answer.

Category concrete driveways

11/13/2011

Meghan M.

We called Xclusive after another contractor removed our existing driveway and then left us high and dry. Tony came and graciously finished the job. This included re-grading where the first contractor had done a poor job. Tony also worked with our city (Des Plaines) to recitify some code violations the other contractor had left us with. Tony was very responsive. His guys showed up on time and always made sure that the job site was cleaned up and safe at the end of each day (important to us since we have a very curious toddler). The finished product looks absolutely great. It ended up costing a bit more than we wanted to spend, but that was our fault because we tried to cheap out and go with a contractor we didn't check out on Angie's List first! Cleaning up the first guy's mess actually cost more than it would have cost to go with Xclusive in the first place. We would definitely use Tony again in the future.

Description of Work
Xclusive replaced our existing driveway and 3 stoops. They also added a new patio.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing to leave wonderful feedback reviews on Angies List! We appreciate your business and value you for choosing to be an Xclusive Customer!