Perfect Temp Control

Founded 1976 • With Angi since November 2002

74 Bradrock Dr

Des Plaines, IL 60018

Perfect Temperature Control, with 40 years of experience, is a leader in providing heating and air conditioning service and installation in the Chicagoland area. We have earned the recognition as a Carrier leadership dealer based on sales and commitment to our customers. Our team of service professionals specializes in the repair of residential and commercial units. Our estimators will provide you with a detailed evaluation and quote for replacing your existing system or installing a complete new one. If you are building a new home, let us give you a competitive bid we will provide you with a well-designed maximum efficiency quote. Our family-owned and operated business prides itself on quality, old fashioned service combined with knowledge of new equipment and technology. We offer a wide range of maintenance programs to keep your present system operating at peak efficiency and reduce the risk of costly repairs. Call us today for the details of our cost-cutting, worry-free service!...

04/14/2017

joseph C.

better than expected ... i would hire them again

Description of Work
brand new hvac system

04/06/2017

Rick H.

I called One Hour Heating to check my boiler for $80. One hour heating and AC to check boiler, fee was $80. They told me there was a crack in the heating unit and they would send a tech out for free to go over my options. 3 weeks later they sent the tech out and he was a salesman. He started his sales pitch before he even looked at the boiler. He just went into a long sales pitch for $6700 or something. They said they would have to do re-piping and it would be complicated. I told them I would need to think about it. I then called Perfect Temp Control to come out. They took a look and said I needed a few minor parts and repairs and I asked them to install a new thermostat. They were honest and very professional. The heating system has worked better than ever and the owner called me to make sure I was happy after the work was done.

Description of Work
Boiler repair and thermostat installation.

11/19/2016

Cynthia R.

I was so pleased with the first Mitsubishi system Perfect Temperature Control put in, I called them out to install another one in my master bedroom that has a vaulted ceiling As usual Sergio was very prompt and came out for a quote. He gave me a great deal on another Mitsubishi ductless split system. His installers did an amazing job. They were very neat and very professional. The system works great and the install was flawless. This is truly a great company to work with.

Description of Work
Install a Mitsubishi 30.5 seer ductless split system in a very hard to heat and cool vaulted ceiling master bedroom.

08/22/2016

Kevin H.

I give them an A. That's why I come back. I don't price out things too much. They are really busy so, I mean, they are responsive as to when they actually can come out. You have to set up your appointment, like, weeks in advance.

Description of Work
The person I use to work on my heating and air conditioning is Perfect Temp Control. The first time they were here they had to replace a motor.

10/26/2015

Cynthia R.

Sergio came up with the best system to heat and cool the space, at a reasonable price. His crew that did the install were great. Very professional, fast and neat. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Description of Work
They installed a Mitsubishi duel zone HVAC system in what was a very cold or a very hot room above my garage.

12/02/2014

Andrew S.

Twice a year we have PTC in to prep our heat/air for the coming season. They always take good care of us.

Description of Work
winter change over

01/21/2013

Linda L.

Great service from start to finish.

Description of Work
Good check up

11/27/2012

Mary Beth C.

He came in, he checked out my furnace. Then he did a CO2 check. He replaced the filter, checked the furnace. After that he left.

Description of Work
He came to give my furnace a check and cleaned it as well. He was very good and very professional. I would use them again.

11/10/2012

Sheila R.

I went down stairs to do something n the furnace room, saw the furnance was leaking. Gave them a call and they came out and explained everything. Determined that it was a pipe tubbing that had clogged in the A/C. Used a machine to pump air pressure, washed it with bleach and water. Told me every 6 months to use CLR to keep the clog from happening again.

Description of Work
water condenser had clogged.

10/15/2012

Richard J.

I have delt with Perfect Temp for several years, both as customers of mine (I am retired from a hardware store and they purchased from us...), and me them. After a little negotiating on price and guarantee they did not fail and they did exactly what they said they would. They got it done in less than a day, cleaned up after very well, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Would I recommend Perfect Temp to anyone? Of course I would.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and AC coil.. After making a service call we discovered the fan bearing on my old furnace was making lots of noise and the heat exchanger was cracked. As usual, we had to make the decision, do we spend about 1/2 as much + to repair the old furnace, or start over and install the correct size, new furnace. (The old furnace I discovered was too large for my house.)

07/17/2012

Patty D.

He didn't clean it at all. He was also asking me if I had the tools necessary to finish the work. I live in a condo so I didn't have a water hook up outside for him to use. He was unprepared to with the materials he needed. He wanted to charge me more money after I mentioned that the air conditioner was not cleaned properly This was after I paid $89.95 for him to do a special cleaning service. He also charged me $22.00 for the time that he sat out in his truck to write up an invoice. I called to speak with the supervisor and they said they were unavailable. I'm still going to need to hire someone else to fix the air conditioner.

Description of Work
I hired Perfect Temp Control to clean my air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed] called for our cleaning special, knowing that the unit is not opertional. Upon arrival I found the A/C not fuctioning due to a defective capicator, and I had asked if the association had water access to the roof so that I could wash down the outdoor coil. The building did not have any water access so I was force to clean the outdoor coil with High pressure C.O.2 (This is where the miss understanding of not have the correct tools came from), and because "water" was not used she feels that the unit was not cleaned. The truth is the coils were cleaned just not with water. The unit was older however I was able to salvage it giving [member name removed] a few more years of operation. In order to attempt to make [member name removed] happy I did give her the discounted cleaning service rate, and then charged for the part, and the additional time to repair the unit. In all I was able to revive a old unit, on a very time consuming job for a total of $251.47 cents A flat rate service company found have charged over $400.00 for the same job or attempted to sell her a new unit. Is it possible that nice guys do finish last?

07/14/2012

Mary P.

It has been extremely unpleasant from the time of the estimate until the present. I am very surprised by this since they were recommended to me by a friend and I had check Angies list. We have had a problem every season since the units have been installed. Our first winter a part was faulty. Since it was under the ONE year warranty for parts and labor they fixed the problem for no charge. However we were very discouraged that there was a problem within the first 6 months. The weekend of July 6, we were without air conditioning in the 100 degree temps. This unit hasn't made it through two seasons without an issue. I called the number Friday night and was told that "emergency" service would be over $200 just to come out. This did not include diagnosis or parts. The service man said it was probably the capacitor. We waited until Monday On Monday we were told the technician would come out between noon and 3:00pm. He did not arrive until 4:30. I was able to call the office and they did tell me that the tech's last call was more complicated than anticipated. I can understand that and appreciated the ability to call for updates. Furthermore, the office did call about a half hour before he arrived. The tech couldn't find anything wrong even though we were without air for a weekend. When we mentioned that it might be the capacitor, he said the unit was "too young." We asked him to check it anyway. Sure enough, the capacitor was faulty. The part was under warranty, but the labor was not. We were charged $177.00 for a unit that hasn't made it through two cooling seasons yet. The tech said we could call the office to raise a concern about being charged for labor. The office told me that parts were the only thing that were covered. I said I was concerned that we may have a faulty system. He told me he couldn't do anything about the labor charge. He then told me he would have a manager call me the next day. That was three days ago and I have not recived a call. I am tired of fighting so I just paid the labor. However I am hoping I can save someone else from my same experience.

Description of Work
We had perfect temperature control put in a heating and AC system in our 400 square foot addition in June of 2010.It has been extremely unpleasant since the time of the estimate until the present. The company does not stand behind its products. The office is rude to customers. If I could rip out the system and start over I certainly would. I am stuck using them since the unit is under warranty for 10 years, for PARTS, not LABOR! The system was over $5000.00 for one room. Since then we have had to have 2 service calls and paid for labor. Usually when I buy an air conditioner, I do not have an issue for at least 10 years or until the unit dies. In all the reviews Ziggy is mentioned. Ziggy is amazing to work with. Unfortunately, he does very little with clients now! I think that is very unfortunate.

03/27/2012

David H.

The service technician came to our house unexpectedly quickly after I had called late in the day. He looked into the problem and gave me an assessment of the situation. He found that there was an issue with the thermocouple, however, he couldn't replace it because it was a very non-standard part. He cleaned it up and it started working. He also called back to the office and gave them information for ordering the part in case thermocouple stops working in the future. The service guy was very easy to talk to and explained things very well.

Description of Work
Repaired a hot water heater where the the igniter had stopped working.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

12/22/2010

SHERRI L.

The process went very well. Our salesman, Sergio, took time to explain the several types of furnaces offered and - in layman's language - how and why they differ in efficiency. He was able to schedule the installation quickly despite the busyness of the season. The installation itself went very quickly with a minimum of heat "down time". The work area was left without a trace of debri and the work itself looks neat and thorough. I would certainly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace to replace one with a cracked heater exchange

09/28/2010

Natalie M.

Of course, our old air conditioner died during the last truly hot spell of the year. We thought we could make it to spring without a new unit, but things never work out that way. We had used this company years before to install a heater and had good recommendations from family as well. The estimate we received was slightly higher than another company, but the service we received as well as our knowledge of their prior work weighed the decision their favor. We were hoping to get to purchase a unit that would qualify for energy saving tax credits and Ziggy tried extremely hard to make it somehow work with our existing setup, but it was not to be. It turned out that to receive the credit, we would have had to replace a 5 year old heating unit also, which Ziggy agreed was really ridiculous for us. We really appreciated Ziggy's honesty and the extra time he spent with us, as well as his expertise with all things HVAC. Installation of the new air conditioner occurred early the following morning and went smoothly.

Description of Work
Install new air conditioner.

06/07/2010

Craig M.

Went well, service technician was friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Air Conditioner tune up and recharge

03/08/2010

Laura S.

My experience with Perfect Temperature Control was awesome! I dealt with the salespeople, office staff, and the service men who did the actual hard labor. They were all professional, punctual, considerate and thoughtful. I never worried about leaving them in my home alone. Each day, they left my home as it was at the start of the job! Upon completion, I was re-instructed on how to use the equipment. My electric and gas bills have decreased considerably. I have yet to be too hot or too cold in my home! I would highly recommend Perfect Temperature Control.

Description of Work
The existing furnace, A/C system and water heater were removed and hauled away. I had a 95% efficient 3-stage variable -speed Infinity Series forced air furnace; a 13 SEER Comfort Series Puron central air conditioning system; a 50 gallon extra high recovery water heater; Aprilaire power humidifer with duct mounted thermostat; Carrier media style air cleaner; 5 foot 240V electric heater with built-in thermostat for crawl space heating, and a Carrier Infinity Control- for control of temperature, humidification, dehumidifcation, fan cycling, etc. installed connecting to existing utilities, water lines, chimney and drain. The furnace was vented in 2" PVC and the A/C coil was insulated with copper refrigerant lines.They fabricated and installed new galvanized sheetmetal plenum transitions and return air drop.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

12/01/2009

Beverly W.

I have been using them for several years now. I keep calling them back because I don't have any problems with them. Their quality is good, they are professional and punctual.

Description of Work
Perfect Temp Inc did the regular cleaning of our heating & AC a couple of weeks ago.

06/29/2009

Donna S.

They give the best service we have ever experienced. I have a breathing problem, and I need to have my air-conditioning unit working all of the time. The air-conditioner has went out a couple of times and they were here within 24 hours, and sometimes even less to take care of whatever was wrong. They are always on time and clean. They call ahead and let you know if they will be early or late. They are the only ones we use, and we have used them for many years.

Description of Work
We used Perfect Temperature Control for heating and cooling. They came out twice a year to do our cleanings. They replaced our furnace.

02/27/2009

SARAH W.

I like them as they are very responsive, competent and communicate their situation and concerns well. I bought my air conditioner from them as they were very good priced compared to others. When there was an issue with my air conditioner three other companies came and misdiagnosed it. They kept repairing and charging me but the air conditioner never got better. When the perfect guys came by they told me that I needed a new air conditioner.

Description of Work
I bought my air conditioner from them and I get the regular maintenance check up done by them. I have been using them for 12 years.

11/21/2008

TOMASZ K.

He did all the duct work and what not. He did excellent work.

Description of Work
He replaced my two furnaces and 2 air conditioning units.

10/09/2008

Mary E P.

I called them on a Monday to make an appointment to get a broken furnace fixed. The appointment was made for Wed. between 9-11 AM. At 11:30 AM I called the company to see if I was still on the docket and was assured the workmen would be there as soon as they were done with the appointment they were on. I mentioned again that I needed to go to work at 2PM. At 1:55PM I got a call from them that I didn't bother to answer as I needed to leave for work in 5 minutes. I waited 5 hours for nothing. PTC - if you are too busy to do the job don't make the appointment. A customer's time is as valuable as the contractor's time. This is like waving a red flag in front of a bull's face. My furnace is still out. This lack of integrity by PTC assures me that I would never used this company in the future and I rarely use the word 'never'. PS-I joined Angie's list this a.m. to find another contractor who can and is interested in showing up to do the job. I was floored to see this company with an A rating because I give them an F.

Description of Work
The service was to fix a furnace. The service was never performed because - see below...

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I'm very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our company, Mary. Our goal is to give all of our customers the utmost attention and courtesy. Scheduling is the most difficult part of our service business because it varies so much seasonally. It is difficult to imagine, but our service load can virtually triple or quadruple overnight. Unfortunately, it is impossible for our staff to grow that much in one day. In addition, we can only guess as to how long each call will take, adding to the scheduling dilemma. Fortunately, these situations typically only occur on the first day of the heating or air conditioning season. In your case, we did not communicate as well as we should have and I am very sorry for that. I assure you that it was not our intention to inconvenience you in any way. Dave C.

04/15/2008

SUSAN K.

They are generally out once or twice a year for regular service. This past thanksgiving the heat went out, they were out right away, they had to go and get a part, but were out the next day to make the repair. They are always pleasant to work with and i will continue to use them. They are very responsive to any and all calls. They are very good at responding to questions and telling me everything that is needed and that they are going to do.

Description of Work
I have had a service contract for my HVAC for the last several years.

03/05/2008

KIMBERLEY M.

Fine. Had used them regularly 3 to 4 years ago before we moved out of town and had wonderful experiences with them then. Only current disappointment was they required and charged me a deposit for the work but did not note it on the invoice so my spouse paid the full amount. Had to follow up several times to get deposit/overpayment back.

Description of Work
Called to repair/reconnect an old radiator in a garage. Said it would probably be at last 50% of the cost of a new garage heater. Returned & installed new garage heater that was ceiling mounted.

10/12/2007

ED S.

We have been using this company for years now. They are reliable, the work is excellent and the prices are reasonable. They were quick to respond to an emergency we had in the past as we called them that night and they told us that we could have someone come out right away or could wait until morning with less of a charge. We chose to wait and they showed up first thing in the morning.

Description of Work
Perfect Temperature Control cleaned and serviced both our A/C and heating system.