Pavestone Brick Paving Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2010

1645 Elk Blvd

Des Plaines, IL 60016

Family owned Hardscape company designing and installing for over 20 years. Additional phone numbers - (224) 563-8883, (847) 489-3966. Additional email - inquiry@pavestonebrickpaving.com. Additional fax - (847) 294-9663 & (847) 895-7069 PaveStone Brick Paving does not use any subcontractors, all work is complete in-house. No pressure sales staff, we believe in educating our clients. Proudly serving the northwest suburbs and Chicago!...

11/14/2020

PEGGIE G.

I have the greatest regard for Sergio and the entire team at Pavestone! The result is fantastic - a beautiful, well proportioned and designed patio, with a high-quality installation accomplished on time and on budget. For projects like this, though, the result is first, but the experience is just as critical. Each step of the way, the Pavestone team provided value and assistance. The proposal and quote was complete and competitive. Sergio provided a great deal of information and explanation surrounding the cost and timeline. I would estimate that we talked (due to my questions and indecision) 10 times regarding stone selection. He met me to look at the stones, and then he dropped off stones I picked -or ones he thought I would like - so I could see them in my yard, close to my house, to make sure I was comfortable with the overall look and the fit with the house. I think he did this three different times as my thoughts changed as the project got closer. His team at the office provided drawings from every angle to show the patio before we started the work. I gave him measurements of patio furniture and where I want to place it, and he validated where it should go and confirmed that the shape of the patio would work with my plan to furnish the patio. He stayed in touch with me in the way that worked best - text, email and phone - for me. When installation began, I met the crew and the leader, Horatio, and they went to work. They worked hard, were respectful, answered any questions I had, were neat and orderly and provided realistic feedback about what would happen each day. It was clear to see their work ethic and craftsmanship as they worked. Sergio stayed in touch and came by, and let me know when inspection was going to happen and then coordinated the gas hook up for the grill with great follow up. When we finished, he came to assess each piece of the patio, and even worked with me on adjusting where I had furniture, as well as providing guidance on cleaning the stone. All in all, it was a really great experience and I ended up with what I wanted. I would actually say - I ended up with more than what I wanted because I wasn't sure. Deferring to the experts was the right call. It was a GREAT experience and I highly recommend Pavestone!

Description of Work
Remove old patio, install new patio and gas firepit

Category masonry,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

09/03/2020

BRIAN H.

The job went great. This is the second time I have used Pave Stone. Both jobs went perfect. This time around I needed them to raise the soil level and add new sod in the front and backyard. I also had them put in a patio in the backyard. Sergio gave me many options for the stone. The one he recommended looks great. I couldn't be happier. His team was professional and attentive. The job was not too big, so they finished in 2 days.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio and new sod

Category concrete repair,mulch,hardscaping,patios

10/28/2019

Rex S.

Great job, very responsive; much more so than the competition. Work crew was polite, clean, and efficient. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Large repair of existing paver driveway

09/08/2019

Angelo M.

They did a great job. This year I called them back to do a little touch up work. They returned my call immediately and came came and did work within a few days at no charge. Very professional. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Hired Pavestone Brick Paving last year to power wash re sand and seal my existing brick walkways and patio.

08/30/2019

Sean A. Ahrens A.

A big thank you to Mario and his staff at PaveStone! They did not do our project, but when another company came to do the work we were not satisfied with the outcome. Mario took time out of his day to give us his honest opinion on the condition of our pavers after work was completed. He was honest, professional and very courteous. Although we did not use PaveStone for this project, we highly recommend them and would absolutely use them in the future if needed!

Description of Work
Really works to help you!

03/08/2019

Mark A.

The quality of the work was excellent! Wonderful craftsmanship. The planning process was easy and the job was completed quickly. Mario was very friendly, customer focussed and really takes pride in his work. We get lots of compliments on our walk way and front step!

Description of Work
A paved walkway and front step.

03/04/2019

patrick M.

The team and Pavestone Brick Paving and second to none. They are extremely professional from Mario who came out and went over every aspect of the project to the crew that completed the patio. The crew that installed our patio showed up right on time and worked very quickly but did not cut corners when it came to quality of there workmanship. I was truly happy with the experience I had with Pavestone. They will be the only company I would ever use and will recommend.

Description of Work
Backyard patio

Category pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

Lisa C.

What a beautiful patio!!! Love love love !!! We decided to make our backyard usable and beautiful. After looking at our friends backyard by Pavestone Brick paving inc, we decided to have a patio put in . Their backyard was absolutely beautiful. Our friends introduced us to Pavestone Brick Paving Inc. We met with the owner Mario. He was patient and he explained what he had envisioned and planned for our backyard. Mario and his crew were very efficient, neat , dependable and hard-working . We are very happy with the outcome. Pavestone made our backyard look bigger and beautiful . Thank you Pavestone can’t wait to use our beautiful patio this spring..

Description of Work
We had a brick patio put in .

Roberto G.

My wife and I decided to get a patio done in our backyard this past fall. We contacted Pavestone Brick Paving and a representative named Mario came out the next day for a quote. We had a modest budget and we received several quotes from other companies. Mario provided us with several design options and took the time to discuss the different types of pavers that could be used for our patio. He was very professional and really took his time explaining our options. We definitely did not get that type of attention from the other companies that came out for quotes. We could not be happier with the final product. Our patio and fire pit transformed our backyard to a more welcoming space and we cannot wait to use it for years to come.

Description of Work
Patio with Fire pit

Christine R.

From start to finish of my project PaveStone Brick Paving was there every step of the way. I had a small patio installed in my town home. Sergio from PaveStone took care of all the permitting and associations requirements. He met with me to pick out colors and showed me the layout of the project so I had no concerns on what was being done. Sergio opened the job with his crew and they were very clean, organized and respectful. I am so happy with my new patio!! I would highly recommend PaveStone Brick Paving.

Description of Work
Small Brick Patio

Edward S.

I have had Pavestone do 3 separate projects at my home. Each project I dealt with a different person from their company (Mario, Ricky, Sergio). All 3 of them did a fantastic job on each project that I had them perform. These guys are timely & punctual. Could not be happier.

Description of Work
Extended Driveway, Grill Island, Fire Pit

02/19/2019

George S.

I had interviewed three contractors for this job before I decided on PaveStone. My selection was based on Ricky's excellent and thorough presentation which convinced me that they knew what they were doing and that they would be the best contractor for the job. Ricky went into great detail, spelling out what was required for a quality installation which would endure the test of time. He talked about the depth of excavation required, the quality of gravel and sand to be used and the compaction process they employ. Ricky was also good helping us in making the best selection of the type of brick and color design. And when I changed my mind on the layout after the job was completed, he agreed to make the change at no additional charge. We are very happy with the final product; we feel it was done properly and looks outstanding. I would recommend PaveStone to anyone.

Description of Work
Remove concrete front walkway and install brick pavers in front entrance walk and stoop overlay.

Category pavers, gravel,hardscaping

02/16/2019

Corey S.

Mario,and his crew were efficient, timely and very professional. Every detail was reviewed in advance of the work, and was done as promised within the timeline promised.

Description of Work
Replaced cement patio with brick stone pavement. included tear down of decorative 3' wall, removal and replacement of perennials.

02/16/2019

Corinne P.

Everyone we dealt with was professional and the work the did is amazing. From design to finish, it was a smooth process. They came out when they said they would and we punctual with getting the work done.

Description of Work
Brick paver patio

02/14/2019

joe P.

I reached out to numerous companies for a brick patio. Some were outrageously expensive. Others, lousy customer service. From start to finish, everyone I came in contact with at Pavestone was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and professional. The crew arrived on the exact day they were scheduled and completed the work in a timely fashion. They were a pleasure to work with and were very accommodating when rain became an issue. They definitely want their customers to be completely satisfied. I have received numerous compliments on my patio. I will use them again in the future and am recommending them to my neighbors and friends. Pavestone was excellent. Good price, excellent work. Highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
Brick Paver Patio, Seatwall, Pillars, Steps and Fire Pit

02/13/2019

Kevin O.

First off, we LOVE our patio. It was the best decision to go with PaveStone Brick Paving, Inc. We were extremely pleased with the services and materials provided by Sergio and his Team. Sergio lent his professional expertise with the design and layout of our patio. He and his Team were communicative every step of the way. They were respectful of our budget. He met us at the Des Plaines site and guided us in choosing the stone and brick. Great guy! His team was absolutely awesome. Not only was the quality of their work phenomenal, they suggested changes during the project that made our patio even better than we expected. Hands down, they were the best. We highly recommend them and would be gladly be on their reference list of satisfied customers.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio

02/12/2019

Paul E.

Excellent service with prompt response times. The professionals at Pavestone worked with us every step of the way from materials choices to design. We are very happy with the product and would definitely work with them again on any future projects. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Front Patio and Walkway

Category masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

10/04/2017

Erin D.

Fantastic job. Very happy with the price and the quality. We obtained several quotes from other companies and Pavestone was very competitive. Quality of work is amazing, and Ricky and his crew were very professional. They were in and out in less than a day, and you would never know that they were even here. We are planning to hire them in the next several months to rip out our dilapidated driveway and lay pavers. Can't wait!

Description of Work
Install ~180sqft patio between foundation and sidewalk/concrete path

Category pavers, gravel,hardscaping

09/02/2017

Anola S.

In just two days Pavestone brick paving took our 50 year-old cracked patio from God-awful to gorgeous. The workers were prompt, polite, and professional. The area was cleaned up both days when they finished.

Description of Work
Tore out old concrete patio installed brick paver patio and stair.

08/18/2017

Prentiss L.

A+ If you are looking for exceptional customer focus and service, outstanding quality workmanship from preparation work through the finished project, and a really amazing experience from start to finish for your brick paver project, then call Ricky Sette at Pavestone Brick Paving! Ricky and the crew helped us design, then installed an absolutely beautiful long curved paver front walkway, overlaid our long concrete front porch with large natural stone, and laid a natural flagstone back walkway. As part of this project, Pavestone seamlessly coordinated its work with the asphalt paving contractor repaving our driveway to ensure both projects were done in perfect sync. Ricky, his staff, and work crew were very easy and pleasant to work with, professional, and true artisans in brick paving. As we discovered first hand, there is a reason that Pavestone consistently earns rave reviews from customers. Hands down, Pavestone is the best contractor we have ever worked with!

Description of Work
Long curved brick paver front walkway, natural stone overlay on long concrete front porch, and flagstone back walkway.

07/19/2017

Janet B.

They did an excellent job! They always returned my calls and answered all my questions. They were extremely nice and did a nice clean job I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Relayed an existing brick patio and put in a new retaining wall around it

04/27/2017

carla H.

We looked and interviewed many companies to work on our driveway, back patio, and build us a fire pit. We are so happy we went with Pavestone! We worked with Ricky an were very impressed with his level of knowledge, customer service, and attention to detail. As stated in previous reviews, we also met him at Lurvey's to see not only the samples of pavers but also the actual paver inventory they had in back. This allowed for us to see the actual stone as the samples are not always a good representation. I personally had a hard time deciding and Ricky was always patient, willing to offer his opinion, send me to jobs they had done so I could see first hand the look, and come up with different ideas based on what my likes and dislikes were. The crew is excellent. They show up when promised, do an amazing job, and really work with you throughout the whole process. There were a few things I wanted to change during the course of the install and it was never a problem. They truly are experts and help you make practical and tasteful decisions along the way. We also very much appreciated their honesty. They are the first to say if an area is not their expertise and direct you to who can help (i.e. running the gas line out for our fire pit). All in all, I cannot say enough great things about Pavestone and cannot recommend them enough. Don't even look elsewhere, you have found the best with them. Our front driveway and back yard are gorgeous and we could not be happier!!

Description of Work
Driveway redone with pavers, back patio redone, fire pit

Category masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

03/27/2017

John E.

end result was very good and has been in place for 6 months

Description of Work
Removed front cement sidewalk and replaced with unilock curved walkway. Removed and replaced existing steps from slider doors to patio.

01/02/2017

KIRK R.

Long overdue review for amazing work done Aug 2016 We had an old cedar deck that was way past its prime that needed to be replaced. We had considered replacing the deck or making the jump to pavers for less maintenance. We got 6 different quotes: 3 for decks and 3 for pavers. Pavestone Brick Paving's attention to detail, their packaging, reviews and expertise by Mario really sold us to switch to pavers over a new deck. The 3D rendering option also gave us a better piece of mind on what the finished project would look like. Pavestone's prices were also very competitive with the other quotes we got. We also requested 5% Angieslist discount and Mario agreed. Mario handled the permit for us. His team was on time for the project everyday that they were at our home. Everything about the project went well until the very last day but overall I still give them a strong A rating. In retrospect it's pretty amazing how close the finished project looks like the original concept design (see pics below). Mario offered up a design during the initial sales consultation which we tweaked a couple of times via email/phone to our satisfaction. Before the project began we met up with Mario at Lurveys to select which pavers we wanted to use. Lurveys has a nice setup with a large number of example pieces to look at but for the best piece of mind I highly recommend visiting the Unilock showroom in Aurora, IL and ask questions! Don't assume anything about the pavers on display as we found out can vary dramatically. Talk to the sales people and let them know your style in detail. For example we don't like rough "tumbled" pavers that have chipping, scratching and cracks by design, e.g "Brussels Block" or "Old Greenwich Cobblestone". We ended up upgrading to the slightly more expensive "Brussels Premier" based on what saw at Lurvey's and Unlocks showroom displays. We liked "Brussels Premier" because it has a more organic smoother look than "Brussels Block" which is "tumbled" paver - meaning that is artificially antiqued with chipping and scratches. Installation took 3.5 days total with a crew of 5 which included removing the old stone patio that was under our cedar deck. Most of the work was removing the old stone patio and preparing the surface. We removed our deck ourselves to save money. The actually pavers were installed in 1 day. The foreman, Damien was nice and kept us in the loop for the most part. We were at home during the paver install but unfortunately there was no opportunity for us to inspect the work until they were basically all done due to all the smoke and chaos going on. At first when we got a chance to inspect the work we were pretty upset. The execution was great: layout was nearly perfect, the lines and cuts were extremely professional, but the pavers had a lot of what we considered "defects" from what our expectations were based on what we saw at both Lurveys and the Unilock showroom. Initially we thought we were getting a bad batch of pavers. After talking with Mario it became clearer that the pavers looked as intended from his perspective. Our problem is mainly with Unilock presentation of the product. The Unilock catalog description, photos, showroom, and Lurveys display show nearly pristine examples of the "Brussels Premier" compared to what we got (see pic below). We have easily 10x the amount of chipping and holes per sq./ft in the installed product compared to the what we saw in the other presentations. Mario had Unilock sales rep come out to explain the product with us. In the end, I don't blame Pavestone for what happened to us but I do recommend in the future they spend a little more time exploring what features of the pavers that are important to the customer. If he had mentioned at Lurveys that the display was not representative of what it would look like overall we might not have chosen it. But we fault Unilock mostly in not fully educating the consumer on setting expectations on the overall look of installed paver. Unilock offered to pay for sealant which is a nice gesture but I can't say I am completely satisfied. I realize it is unrealistic to replace every paver but Unilock could have done a better job educating us in the first place to avoid this situation. Mario agreed to replace some of the more egregious chipped pavers which was very much appreciated. He did a great job making sure we were satisfied with the final job. He is very professional and experienced in brick paving. We would absolutely hire Mario and Pavestone Brick Paving in the future and recommend them to anyone who wants brick paver patio.

Description of Work
Removed old patio and walkway. Overlay brick pavers over our back door steps that led to new patio and service walkway. Also installed 2 underground drain tiles.

11/20/2016

Brenda S.

Great. They did excellent work. Very knowlegeable and artistic. Ricky is very good at his business, his expertise and ideas were much appreciated.

Description of Work
Front patio/walkway

Category masonry,hardscaping,patios

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi
    Calzante Construction

Whether you’re looking for a Chicago masonry contractor for new construction, or a Chicago masonry specialist to do some repair work such as tuckpointing, brickwork or stonework to your existing home or business, Calzante Construction is a name you can trust. We are professionals that manage all aspects of your job to ensure it’s completed on schedule and to your satisfaction!

North Shore Brickwork and Windows, Inc

North Shore has practiced to provide high quality Brick repair and Window Installations for over 30 years. North Shore Brickwork and Windows craftsmanship is second to none with our superior team of experts. We administer restoration of exteriors from the effects of environmental factors this includes brick repair and window installations.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & commercial design, planning & install paver walkways, sidewalk, patio, driveway & retaining walls, natural stone, flagstone, cultured, hardsacpe maintenance, landscape project, snow removal, salting, shoveling & sidewalk cleaning, installation of fireplaces and a wide selection of seating arangments.