Blazer Electric Co

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2007

We offer complete electrical service for residential and commercial properties. We will help you to add something new, or improve your existing system. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we offer thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of electrical systems. Expert

2022 Super Service Award

Ceiling FanRecessed CansKitchen Glenview

Urban Apartment

lighting

Adding custom lighting created the perfect atmosphere that matched the owner's personality
View project

electrician (330)lighting (106)ceiling fan installation (39)landscape lighting (6)generator service (4)home security systems (4)home theater installation (4)HVAC Companies (4)phone company (2)well & water pump repair (2)pool cleaning (2)

11/06/2022

William M.

It went very well. Professional electricians. I have employed Blazer for several years for electrical work at my daughter's and at my home. My home (Chicago Bungalow) is about 100 years old, and they know how to navigate around old wiring and obstacles.

Description of Work
install a ceiling fan in a bedroom

Work Completed On 11/06/2022

Thank you for the review, we were happy to work with you!

10/01/2022

Pam N.

Jack reset the fuse, educated me about how to do it if it happens again, identified the reason for the blown fuse, and made a recommendation about how to reduce the likelihood of another one.

Description of Work
Master bedroom outlets had all lost power

Work Completed On 10/01/2022

Thanks for your nice review!

06/24/2022

Rich H.

Very well. Jack replaced five cracked outlets and four switches in about an hour. He was very open and honest, very motivated to handle issues efficiently, and his pricing was fair. Thanks, Jack.

Description of Work
Repair electrical outlets and troubleshoot doorbell ringer

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

Thanks for the good review of my work, it was nice to work with you!

05/09/2022

Samantha H.

Did a very good job. Communication was a bit different, but overall a really good job, friendly, knowledgeable and kept my home clean. I would/will do business with this company again! I recommend their services

Description of Work
replaced Electrical Panel and Installed 2 lights

Work Completed On 05/08/2022

Thank you, we appreciate the good review !

05/05/2022

Matt G.

Professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and reliable. My go-to electrician from here on out.

Description of Work
Outlet repair

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

Thanks for the nice review!

10/28/2021

Samuel E.

Jack was quick to respond with an estimate and phone call. He was able to fit me in the schedule faster than I expected. The work went exactly as we discussed and was completed quickly. Jack and his assistant Robert were very pleasant to work with. Robert showed up exactly when we scheduled, explained what he would be doing and answered any questions I had. I would not hesitate to contact him again for any electrical projects.

Description of Work
Replaced two electrical outlets, installed flat panel LED light fixture and replaced the motor in attic fan.

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback, we enjoyed working on your project and are very thankful for this great review!

05/17/2021

Jennifer G.

Artur was fantastic. He completed the job efficiently with great attention to detail. And, he took the time to explain everything to me, so I'm able to troubleshoot effectively in the future. He even got along great with my dog, who is very sensitive to stranger danger. All around great customer service from a skilled professional.

Description of Work
New dimmer switch

Cost $177.53

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Thanks, it was a pleasure to work with you!

05/10/2021

Mike D.

Blazer really helped me out of a jam. Needed some urgent help and he did everything he could to get someone out quickly. Very responsive, great communication and did good work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
outlets installed and electrical clean-up after demo'ing an old ceiling

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Glad we could help, and thank you for giving us 5 stars...!

05/05/2021

Ann S.

He said he would call when he was ready to come out the following weekend to do a job and he never called or showed.

Description of Work
Exterior Lighting

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

I apologize but we received many phone calls that day and I must have forgotten to call you back... Please contact me if you are still interested in doing the work? Once again -sorry for not returning your call...

02/19/2021

Sonia F.

replace/repaired electrical outlets

Description of Work
He was efficient and let me know what he was doing. Great work!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

It was nice to work with you - thanks for high mark you gave us!

02/12/2021

Jing C.

I contacted dozens of contractors and electricians about replacing the ceiling fan on my 20 ft tall ceiling. Some gave me expensive quotes for $2-3K and didn't have the equipment to do the job. Some showed up with ladders not tall enough to even touch to fan. Jack came out to look at the job, explained why he planned to do it with scaffolding and went above and beyond to recruit a painter to help path a ceiling crack while he is doing the fan. The crew was professional and efficient. They know what they were doing. If you have a tricky job like ours, you can't go wrong with Jack.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan replacement on 20 ft high ceiling

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/30/2021

Thanks for your great review!

12/28/2020

Megan M.

Jack and his crew did a great job with the work we needed done which ended up being more complicated than we had anticipated. He charged by the job rather than the hour, which worked out well for us since his crew had to pull half the wires out of the electrical box to figure out what previous electricians had done in our condo. Jack and his crew were honest and efficient and I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Move 2 outlets, install swing arm lamps, fix faulty outlet, replace outlet

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

Thank you for the review, we were happy to work with you!

11/12/2020

Steve M.

Blazer couldn't do my emergency power outage but he took the time to not only give me some quick advice but to give me phone numbers for 2 other companies in my area. I'll definitely call him next time I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
Power outage

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave the review, I hope they were able to repair your problem!

10/12/2020

Maggie R.

Work was efficient and price was fair

Description of Work
Pendant lights, new outlets

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Thanks, it was a pleasure to work with you!

10/06/2020

Bryon G.

Jack sounded knowledgeable and competent when I initially spoke with him, and I was excited to get him out to do the job. But after he promised to contact me a number of times and never followed through, I gave up and went with another firm. I imagine he does good work, but I was irked enough that I wanted to let Angies Listers know that he's not your man if you're looking for good communication and follow through.

Description of Work
Outlet Installation

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

I am sorry if I could not get back to you in a timely manner - I was replacing my phone and had trouble with voice mail. Apparently some messages got lost and I didn't call people back. My apologies!

07/17/2020

Patrick L.

Work was never done. Tried to use the business offered coupon and never heard from the vendor. It has now been over a week and still have not heard back. Even a "No, can't do the work" would have been more professional then no answer at all. Shows a lack of professionalism.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

I am sorry I could not answer your message because we received too many inquiries. As I am doing both field work and office work I wasn't able to handle it in a timely manner. Please call my cell phone (708) 715-1030 and I will be happy to help you with this project

07/09/2020

Bonnie T.

They are professional, prompt, friendly with great rates. I had an outlet with the grounding prong stuck in it. I spoke with Jack and even though they were booked until the following week he said he would call his guys and find someone to do a side job. He got back with me the same day. He found someone that would come out the next day. I believe the gentleman’s name was Arthur if I’m wrong I sincerely apologize because he remembered my name. Arthur informed me issue was a simple job that I could do myself and save money also he would walk me through it. Now that’s honesty. I was apprehensive of doing myself so the electrician was at my home in 20 minutes. My cat greeted him at the door and never left his side which is unusual behavior for her. He played with the cat, not only did he resolve my issue he replaced the outlet which wasn’t necessary and was done in 20 minutes or less. I am an older adult so when I need work done price gouging is a concern however the final cost was beyond reasonable. I feel as though I robbed him. I highly recommend Blazer Electric Company!

Description of Work
I needed electrical work done.

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words!

07/04/2020

Dan S.

Great! Jack and his team took care of updating our older home. He got the work done and has been extremely helpful in understanding the process and setup as well. Working with him made my home better and improved my knowledge so I can take better care of my house.

Description of Work
Rewiring work

Work Completed On 07/04/2020

06/28/2020

Edelmira G.

Our repairman patiently listened to my story describing why I called them ... he was able to assess the problem and explain the solution. But what’s great is that he detected another issue with my air conditioner that would have caused a problem and fixed it quickly. Great job!

Description of Work
Electric job

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

06/13/2020

Erik H.

I give Blazer an A+. Jack is knowledgeable, professional, and genuinely cares about doing the job right and producing excellent results. He is my go-to electrician.

Description of Work
BX Flex Cable To Conduit Conversion

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

06/04/2020

Craig C.

Jack and his crew did a great job installing our light fixtures, ceiling fan, and dimmers. He was very flexible with scheduling and let us know promptly when a previous job was running long so we could reschedule. He was also able to find a dimmer that worked properly with a tricky light fixture that we had. We would definitely hire them again for other electrical work.

Description of Work
Installation of light fixtures, ceiling fan, and dimmers

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

06/03/2020

NICHOLAS K.

Couldn’t ask for better! Work began immediately, finished the same day, and most importantly completed to our total satisfaction. We’ve already set up another couple of projects for them. Their price was half what two other outfits quoted. So we saved $600.00 and are thrilled with the results!

Description of Work
All outside electrical work. Four outlets and two motion detector flood lights installed.

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

Work Completed On 06/03/2020