Real Spect Home Inspection

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2012

507 Lexington St

De Soto, IL 62924

Additional email - info@realspect.net....

05/26/2016

Lee J.

Mr. Eric Smith was excellent! I cannot say enough good things about him. He was very thorough and detailed and his report was absolutely the best. It was very thorough and concise. Mr. Smith took his time to explain everything to my husband and I. He did not rush us or talk down to us. He took as much time as we needed and explained everything so we could understand it, i.e. in layman's language. We are very pleased with his services and would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a professional home inspection that is done right and is accurate. We also felt that his fees were too low for as good as he is! We definitely got our money's worth. We would use him again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Inspect house inside and out. This was a pre-purchase home inspection.

03/01/2016

James F.

08/18/2015

Leigh T.

05/21/2015

Kara C.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/28/2014

richard M.

02/21/2014

Nikki R.

The inspector was polite and knowledgably about the various codes. I am a detailed oriented person and he pointed out some deficiencies that I was unaware of. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Home inspection on a 1,500 square foot home and one detached garage.

03/27/2013

Josh L.

Mr. Smith called to confirm the address about 15 minutes before he was due to start, and showed up promptly on time.

Description of Work
Mr. Smith was very pleasant to deal with. I had to reschedule on short notice due to work conflicts and he was very accommodating. He arrived right on time and got straight to work. He explained the process he used to inspect and what he was looking for. He spent approximately 4.5 hours on the property and kept notes on a PDA. He graded deficiencies on 3 categories from "Minimal" to "Urgent", usually safety related concerns were "Urgent". He then returned to the office and in a few hours had sent the complete report to my email. The report was very in depth and covered anything he saw that could potentially become a problem. He does not inspect areas he cannot access easily, i.e. if there is furniture pushed against a wall he will not move the furniture to look behind at that section of wall. Same with floor coverings. I am very pleased with Mr. Smith and would recommend his services to others.

08/09/2012

Janette L.

We found Real Spect Home Inspections online from a search for local home inspectors. When I called him he was very friendly and informative. He gave me an appointment within a reasonable time period. I later found out from other local people that he is one of the best home inspectors around and is extremely detailed. He came out and spent 5 hours inspecting our prospective home with great detail. He was very thorough. Before he left he walked me around the house and explained his findings. He also provided me with a detailed report of what he found and if we needed further services or not. His report was even written in colors for ease of finding areas of caution or areas of little concern or other recommendations. Eric was very personable, responsive to my needs and questions and was upfront and honest. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Mr. Smith performed a thorough home inspection at a house we are trying to buy. He spent 5 hours inspecting every nook of the house with a detailed eye.

Check, PayPal

Home inspection including - roof, basement, heating, cooling, ventilation, insulation, plumbing, structure & electrical.