Copher Movers & Storage Inc

Founded 1966 • With Angi since June 2010

4.1

Wheaton World Wide Moving understands that moving is about much more than an address change – it’s a life change. Wheaton offers you and your family the peace-of-mind that can only come from our more than 70 years of experience. Wheaton’s more than 250 agents worldwide provide a variety of services, including free estimates, storage, packing, loading, unloading and hauling in order to meet your individual moving needs. Our menu of programs allows you to pick and choose what fits your needs and your budget to offer you the most choice, flexibility and control of your move...

JUNK Relief

Need to get rid of some junk? At Junk Relief, we have the answer to all of your junk removal needs, no matter how big or small. Whether you need one couch removed or an entire building cleared out, we can help. Take advantage of the junk removal leader in the Chicago land area. Award winning.

Offers by JUNK Relief on Angi
GS Expedited Corp.

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today

Blankenship Movers Inc

**PLEASE CLICK OUR SHOP BUTTON!!** ALL OF OUR DEALS ARE ALL INCLUSIVE WITH SHRINK WRAP, TAPE AND WARDROBE SERVICE!! When we started out, we wanted to streamline the moving process for clients in the Chicagoland area. We felt that the current local industry was inundated with way too many fees and charges and that customers came away feeling like they were being "nickel and dimed" for everything. What we found was that by building everything into a full service, simple quote system, with no additional fees, customers overwhelmingly responded with an unanimous thumbs up. Simple and stress free, easy to understand and easily meeting expectations. This has become our thumbprint. You will LOVE the way we move!

Offers by Blankenship Movers Inc on Angi

07/25/2019

Miserable mover from start of simple move to finish. Careless with keys scratching wood floor. Disagreeable and rude, in addition to fact that the $200 bill became $285. Not what they quoted on phone, Chuck Copher did the quote and also was the miserable mover. He is brother of owner. I should only have paid him what he quoted, but was stunned by the poor handling. I called owner, who said he was ...

Description of Work
Simply move 1 room of furniture to another room on same level.

12/14/2018

Stellar. They arrived early. Loaded faster than expected. Provided wardrobes for clothing. Put furniture away quickly and exactly where I needed it. The crew is professional, efficient and compassionate on what is a stressful day.

Description of Work
Residential move

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We appreciate you and your business! Happy Holidays!

11/07/2018

It was a good experience. They were punctual, clean, they called the day ahead to confirm the time and again that morning with an updated eta, they wrapped up all the pieces and moved everything quickly, as well as set everything back up. A good experience all around. They were up front about their pricing, and while we didn't need them for the amount of time (a minimum)paid for, it was worth it j...

Description of Work
furniture moved from one house to another

Category moving companies

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We work hard to meet our customers expectations, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark.

10/15/2018

Ed had originally come to my home for a free quote. Unfortunately this is not our first move, so we knew what to expect and what questions to ask. The day of the move, everything went great. There were four Gentlemen and two trucks to move our things from one home to our new home, 2 miles away. The four Gentlemen were very nice and comfortable to be around. They came around 10am and left around 4p...

Description of Work
Moving from Home to Home

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words, and business!

06/14/2018

Honestly, if I could give 0 stars I would. I reached out to Copher Movers (an agent for Wheaton Van Lines) to get a quote on our move from Aruora, IL to Dallas, TX. I sent in a brief inventory of our belongings and was given an estimate and I was told that if I allowed the company to come do an in-person survey of our things, they would send a not-to-exceed estimate afterwards. I agreed, and Ed Co...

Description of Work
Cross-Country Move

02/03/2018

I was been terribly disappointed with Copher Mover and Wheaton’s service, the lack of professionalism and communication. I went with the company even though their quote wasn't the cheapest one because I was hoping for a stress-free move, but this move was anything but. Imagine living with kids in an empty apartment for two winter weeks with no idea how much longer your stuff will take to arrive. When Ed gave me the estimate, he gave me a very optimistic scenario that my stuff will arrive towards the beginning of the delivery spread (around December 27 and that he would give me a more certain delivery date two days before the pickup (i.e. on December 19). He picked up my stuff on December 21-22 but didn’t give me any idea of when my stuff would arrive until Jan 4. The stuff arrived on Dec 11, the very last day of the delivery spread. This was especially inconvenient for me and my family with 2 kids who were without our belongings from Dec 22-Jan 11. Ed didn’t even respond to my phone calls or voicemails. I was expecting much better service for the price I paid.

Description of Work
We needed movers to move us from Chicago to New York.

01/16/2018

The move was completed with precision an timeliness. Professional grade equipment was used to protect the more delicate items. Everything was moved without incident.

Description of Work
They performed a major 3 bedroom home move to a new location.

07/19/2017

He helped my 80 year old father move from Tinley Park to Montgomery, IL. He was highly recommended by KAT Organizing and Moving Solutions of Homewood. (Also receiving 1 Star). My father had ONE valuable possession, a painting. Everything arrived BUT the painting and a ladder. Ed of Copher brought over another ladder stating that they get left behind all of the time. After much arguing and emailing back and forth, Ed of Copher has washed his hands of us and refuses to reimburse my father. I warned him that with this refusal, I would shout it from the rooftops that he harmed an octogenarian! This is the first of many ugly reviews. Don't use them or trust them with your valuables. They don't stand behind their work. My father talks everyday about how much he misses that painting. If they have a bunch of ladders that never get delivered, how many expensive paintings do they have? �

Description of Work
Moving and storage

Category moving company","storage unit

03/23/2017

We moved on 3/13/1017 our crew of 3 men were excellent. They arrived early and handled our furniture with care. They were friendly and courteous. They took extra care in wrapping our furniture and protecting it. I would use them again and recommend them to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Moving large heavy furniture

03/14/2017

The team was very fast and treated our belongings extremely well. It was bitterly cold on move out day of 12-15-16 and they still were in great spirits and packed up our whole townhouse in the estimated time of 4 hours. All our items were stored on the truck for 2 nights for an extra storage fee. They unpacked the truck at the new house, and again, very efficient and great service. Nothing was damaged and our final price was almost exactly what was quoted. Prices were really reasonable and Ed sent another guy along because it was so cold at no additional charge. Couldn't be happier, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Pack up whole townhome, storage on truck for 2 nights, unpack into new house.

Category moving company

Moving. Storage. Packing. Crating. Unpacking. Rigging.