Via Galante Cement Contractors

Founded 1997 • With Angi since September 2013

Ask us about end of season specials! Family owned and operated business for over 30 years. All work is supervised by the owner with pride. All employees are experienced in their respective field. We specialize in all types of concrete work, driveways, stairs, garage floors, stamped concrete, sidewalks, foundations and also concrete sealing and pressure washing. Trucking service is also available. Fully insured and bonded....

A Service Provider's profile image

+10 more images

concrete repair (9)concrete driveways (1)

08/18/2021

Geri J.

They were a great company to work with... friendly, courteous, and accommodating. I had a front porch leaning away from the house (from settling), and a walkway leaning toward the house. They patiently answered all my questions, and did a professional job. The new porch and walkway look great and I'm very happy with the results. They told me to apply water to the new cement for a week to prevent cracks. I had never heard of this before, so I'm glad they mentioned it. My only regret (which was my fault, not theirs) is that I didn't put tarps over my groundcover and part of the lawn to avoid having to pick out small pieces of cement. I don't think any contractor does this, so again my fault, but just something to consider for anyone having work done and is picky like me.

Description of Work
Replace cement porch and walkway

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

12/11/2020

Michael T.

They did a great job with the porch and sidewalk, looks and is nice and solid. The garage had a lot of weed overgrowth, and they cleared it all out and poured a new apron. Looks so much better.

Description of Work
Demo and replace porch, sidewalk, garage apron

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/18/2020

Raul A.

estimator never showed. I scheduled a time to meet with John . he never showed. he said he left a message but i didn't get any message. I rescheduled for the next day but he did not show up again. if you're busy please have a curtesy to call to say you can't make it. a waste of time!

Description of Work
Driveway and concrete pad.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

10/16/2017

Lana A.

There was a delay getting started that could have been communicated better. However, once they got started they were very easy to work with and communicated well. I was very happy with how the work turned out and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced cement apron in front of garage door and sidewalks.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/09/2017

Edward F.

very good, good communication. Job was done correctly on timely

Description of Work
concrete steps on my home

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

04/11/2017

Paul S.

Joe and Santo provided excellent service and a quality work product in all that we had them do. We would hire them again without a question. They were great guys to work with.

Description of Work
We needed to have a variety of concrete work done on our 100 year old building: replacing the aprons to 4 garages, replacing concrete pads outside the laundry rooms and replacing drains in the driveway.

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

04/01/2017

Elizabeth P.

I placed a call for a quote and never even received a call back.

Description of Work
I needed a quote on replacing the concrete stairs in front of my house.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

We haven't received no call by [Member Name Removed] we would of responded asap. We apologize for any inconvenience.

06/30/2016

Kimberley R.

Via Galante did an outstanding job pouring new concrete intended to slope the entryway and walkway away from the direction of the house, correcting the pitch to prevent water from entering our basement. Previously, we took on water each time it rained, with water seeping in along the wall of the laundry room as well as beneath the entryway door. When the old concrete was removed, additional plumbing related problems were identified involving the drain outside the entryway, and a plumber with whom Via Galante routinely works was contacted to address necessary plumbing repairs. Although there was of course an additional charge for the plumbing repairs, Tom responded quickly and did an excellent job as well for a very reasonable price, allowing the planned concrete repair to move forward in a timely fashion. After the work was completed, I'm thrilled to report that we no longer experience water seepage into the basement, and I'm very pleased with the work completed by Santo, Joe, Vito, Tom, and the entire Via Galante team. I highly recommend them, and would absolutely use their services again in the future!

Description of Work
Concrete was poured outside our back entryway to create a proper slope towards an existing drain, with additional concrete poured adjacent to the house and along the gangway to slope it away from the foundation.

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

01/27/2014

Jeanne M.

Although my driveway needs to be replaced, the cost Via Galanta quoted was more than I could afford.

Description of Work
I contacted the provided for an estimate on replacing the concrete on my driveway and putting in a patio. They quoted $15,000 which is well above the price my neighbors have paid to replace their driveways. When I told them the price the neighbors paid they told me not to trust information from my neighbors and that there was no way the work could be done for that price. Need to get additional quotes for comparison.

Work Completed On 11/07/2013

There are many imitations and shortcuts in material when you need 6 inch cement 6 bag mix wire mesh in driveway and the cost of high concrete mix goes up what kind of mix did you get and can you prove it before you make a comment we always back up and prove our quality mrs jean and what was the square footage of you neighbor and quality thank you

12/01/2013

Ralph K.

They replaced the sidewalk by the garage, replaced the back steps and replaced the pad by the air condition Also put in curb around the porch area so we don't get water under the porch area. Took out the old drywall under the porch area and replaced with a new installation board. Move the sewer from inside to outside and changed the pitch so the water goes the right way.

Work Completed On 11/12/2013