Vanguard Plumbing And Sewer Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2009

At Vanguard we focus on providing quality service and products combined with honesty, integrity and fair prices. Ask for Angie's List Discounts. Our company is fully licensed, bonded & insured. At Vanguard Plumbing we make sure You know the price ahead of time. Additional email - vanguardplumbing@gmail.com. Additional DBAs - Vanguard Sewer and Drain Service, Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer, Vanguard Plumbing And Sewer....

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

plumbers (276)drain cleaning (54)water heaters (19)sewer cleaning (18)well & water pump repair (16)tile installation (15)gas leak repair (5)drain pipe installation (5)house painting (2)HVAC Companies (2)

09/30/2022

Stephen S.

I always contact Vanguard Plumbing when I want the job done right. Jan and his team are reliable and professional. They are also easy to work with. I will email Jan a picture of the problem, and he will usually get back to me with an estimate within the day. I have used them for about 6 jobs so far and every time I have been pleased. Not only are things fixed and working when they leave, they go above and beyond to make sure the job is done properly and to code. No "quick fix" or cutting corners. I also trust them to work my home when I am not there. I have had them repair sewer pipes, bathroom sinks, showers faucets, kitchen faucets, as well as install water filtration systems. I know that whenever I am hiring Jan, the money I spend is adding value in to our house because Vanguard's work will last.

Description of Work
Pinhole leak in pipe

Work Completed On 09/29/2022

09/20/2022

Ralph H.

Very professional and quick. I hadn't expected same day service but got lucky. They had me take pictures of the equipment, which makes sense as it let them be better prepared. Guys unjammed the pump and replaced the switch. Reinstalled everything properly and cleaned up. Pricing seemed fair.

Description of Work
Sewer ejector switch failed

Work Completed On 09/20/2022

08/15/2022

Margaret U.

Vanguard was the first company to fully assess and accurately determine what needed to be done. Two other companies had previously failed to fit it. We were very happy with all aspects of Vanguard's service.

Description of Work
Cleaning kitchen pipes

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

Thank you for leaving such a generous review. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you and will be there for you the next time you need a reliable plumber to help. Again, thank you so much for your rating and your business.

08/01/2022

Kevin M.

Jan is not only reliable but really goes the extra mile. First time I called them (smelly upstairs washer basin drain) they knew it was an easy fix and just told me what to do vs trying to make easy money off me. It built trust. Then when I really needed them for a utility rm gas leak in our new house I didn't think twice. High prices but peace of mind. Also plumber who did work had great personality and did A+ work (I thought I showed him the main leak but it wasn't bad compared to the higher one he found). If you want a respectful company you can trust that does high quality work, call Vanguard.

Description of Work
Leaky gas pipe

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 04/29/2022

This is a fantastic review of your experience with Jan and the plumbers from Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this and for your continued business. Thanks again for this generous review and have a wonderful day!

05/01/2022

Conor S.

Seamless from start to finish. Fast estimate and fast installation at exactly the cost estimated. High quality and reliable.

Description of Work
Install new tankless water heater.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

Review for Vanguard Plumbing And Sewer Inc - 4352 N Kenneth Ave, Chicago, IL - 39717632

We cannot thank you enough for this generous review of your experience with Jan and the Vanguard team, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. It was our pleasure to assist you and we're hopeful you'll think of us the next time you need help. Thanks again for taking time to rate our service and have a wonderful day!

04/27/2022

Carol C.

Jan was prompt and thorough, and cleaned up very well. It took longer than I liked to locate the leak; the powder room toilet was ruled out after it had been reset, and no pipe leaks were found after cutting open the walls. It turned out to be a pinpoint hole in the copper pipe in the basement.

Description of Work
Overhead pipe in basement had a leak.

Work Completed On 02/23/2022

Hi, We thank you for rating the service from Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer. We were happy to assist you and hope you'll call on us again when you need great residential plumbing services. Have a wonderful weekend.

04/25/2022

Jacqueline S.

Jan responded to my request quickly and was able to schedule the work within a few days. The crew arrived right on time (a little early, even) and worked quickly. They left the area very tidy. I will definitely use Vanguard for this service from now on.

Description of Work
Catch Basin cleaning

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

Hi, There's nothing better than reading a review like yours! We're thrilled that you're a Vanguard customer and look forward to the next opportunity we have to assist you. Have a great day.

01/10/2022

Dave S.

I can’t say enough great things about Jan and his company, Vanguard Plumbing. I have used him for several projects in my condo in the past, including replacing faucets, replacing toilets, putting in shower heads, and fixing leaky faucets. The work he has done for me on several visits has uniformly been of the high quality, and I have never had a problem with the work or company. In simple terms, he is not only the best plumber that I have ever worked with, but I would go further and say that he is the best tradesperson with whom I have dealt. This time, I had an emergency problem – my toilet would not flush and was leaking from the bottom. The timing could not have been worse – my wife had just had a bad accident and we needed access to the bathroom that had the problem. Jan came through for me. As in the past, he provided great service. He was easily accessible and responded to calls very promptly by phone or e-mail. He provided clear and comprehensive quotes listing the prices he would charge for the project. The quote was backed up by a written confirmation. Most important to me, he thoughtfully listened to my personal situation and then quickly changed his scheduled to make his team available to me the next day as I had requested. He sent George, one of his experienced plumbers, to do my job. George was great from beginning to end. The job turned out to be challenging because of the corroded pipes in my older condo building. He was very helpful in explaining the job, the problems, and my options. He never tried to upsell me -- to the contrary, he advised against doing certain work because of the risks to the pipes that would be involved. While he was here, I asked George if he could check a couple of bathroom faucets which had poor water pressure and some bathroom sinks which were draining slowly because I wanted to avoid another service call. George quickly diagnosed both problems and fixed them within minutes. And then, I asked him to check a kitchen sink with garbage disposal that was backing up as long as he was there. George dove right into the project and again immediately diagnosed the problems. Rather than trying to charge me to do a job that was unlikely to be successful because of the plumbing design in my building, he suggested deferring the work until he could work with my building engineer on a better repair alternative. He was great in every way.. Every time that Vanguard has come here, they have done great work. They clean up everywhere, and check and double-checks the work before they to make sure that everything is working properly. The scheduling, payment process and follow-up are all first rate, and Jan is a really great guy.. While I am sure that there are plumbers out there who are less expensive, I cannot imagine anyone more skilled, more honest, or more responsible. In short, I couldn’t be more pleased with Jan and Vanguard. I highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Repair toilet; repair bathroom faucet and sink; worked on backed up sink from garbage disposal

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

There's nothing better than reading a review like yours! We're thrilled that you're a Vanguard customer and look forward to the next opportunity we have to assist you. Again, thank you for such a glowing recommendation and for your continued business. Have a great day.

12/01/2021

Wayne R.

This is the second time we have used Vanguard. The first time was a dream come true and this time was better than you can ever dream. We purchased a condo which had a very weird issue of no cold water line in the kitchen. We were given a credit at closing but we’re quite concerned that once we started the repair it would lead to other issues. Jan, at Vanguard was super nice and knowledgeable on the phone. He asked us to send complete photos of the piping, and throughout the condo so before he got there he could have a plan mapped out. He sent a quote which was very fair but of course we were worried that once the work started more expenses might arise. Jan had asked if there were shut off valves in the unit and I said yes. It turned out that when Jan and his crew got there to do the work, I was wrong about the shut off valves being in the unit. So I assumed they would have to leave without doing anything. But instead, and brilliantly, they did all the work except the final connection so when they would back and the building turned the water off all they had to do was the final connection. Jan warned us that when you shut off the water and drain the system it could creat an issue with the sediment churning up and clogging the system, especially since it is 100 year old building. Jan’s workers, George and David were absolutely amazing and talented. They treated our condo like it was their home. They were kind and caring and incredibly competent. The final price was the same as the estimate, not to mention Jan was correct about there being an issue with the building when the water was turned back on. The building took care of it, but having been warned by Jan took the stress away. Plus I called Jan several times to let him know what was happening and to find out if it made sense. He welcomed the phone calls and did not charge for the extra time. This was the most wonderful and amazing experience for something that could have had so many issues. There is no other plumbing company that anyone ever needs to consider. Use Vanguard. They are the best.

Description of Work
Bring cold water line to kitchen

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

I can't thank you enough for such a glowing endorsement, [Member Name Removed]. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you'll call on us again whenever the need arises. Thank you for your business and generous review. Have a great weekend!

10/24/2021

Dan F.

Excellent work, overall a smooth experience

Description of Work
Replaced Water heater and replace wax seal of toilet

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

We thank you for rating the service from Vanguard Plumbing. We were happy to assist you and hope you'll call on us again when you need great plumbing services. Have a wonderful weekend.

10/06/2021

Graham S.

The Vanguard team was very responsive and spent several days assessing the leak(s), replacing pipes, and navigating the complexities of our old home. I have the utmost trust in them and would recommend them hands down for any project.

Description of Work
We recently had a complicated gas leak in our basement, and our gas was shut off.

Category gas leak repair

Work Completed On 09/18/2021

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed], for your review of Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you and hope you'll call us the next time there's a need. Until then, thank you for your business and your review. Have a great day!

07/02/2021

Roger R.

During heavy rains, water backed up in a drain just outside our basement door. Water flooded the basement floor. We called Vanguard, which we have used four times before, and sent pictures of the drain. The next day they set up an appointment for two days hence, then called later because they could come a day earlier. The two Vanguard servicemen quickly assessed the situation, removed the drain cover and began clearing the drain. At one point I saw one worker with his arm almost completely in the drain as he removed the dead leaves and other materials that caused the clog. The workers used our hose to flush the drain, making sure the water flowed to our sump pump and out into city sewers. It all took about 20 minutes.

Description of Work
Clogged outside drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Thank you so much for your generous and detailed review. We were happy to assist you with your clog issue and hope to be the plumber you call next time there's a need. Again, thank you for your review and your business. Have a fantastic day.

06/21/2021

Jennie M.

Jan and his team are great to work with. We described the issue and sent photos, which they used to give us a quote. Jan's team went to great lengths to repair parts for us when they could not find replacement parts to buy. Jan is very responsive, and we'll call them any time we have plumbing issues in the future! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Find and fix leak, repair bidet

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

Thank [Member Information Removed] for leaving such [Member Information Removed] generous review of your experience [Member Information Removed] the Vanguard team. We appreciated the opportunity to serve [Member Information Removed] and will be there for [Member Information Removed] the next time [Member Information Removed] need [Member Information Removed] reliable plumber to help. Again, thank [Member Information Removed] so much for your rating and your business. Have [Member Information Removed] great weekend ahead!

06/03/2021

Anders C.

The work was completed 100% successfully. The two plumbers who came were very professional, punctual, and courteous.

Description of Work
Replacement of shower cartridge and unclogging of bathtub drain.

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

We appreciate your taking time to rate the experience you had with the Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer team. We're thrilled you chose us for service and hope you'll do so again when you have a need. Until then, have a wonderful day!

05/19/2021

curt S.

I provided photos first, but it still warranted a visit to my home to inspect. Scheduled work a couple weeks later. The crew of two knew what to expect, did clean cuts, welds, and work. Professional company to work with.

Description of Work
Replaced a kitchen drain line with PVC

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/21/2021

Thank you for taking time to rate your experience with Vanguard, [Member Name Removed]. We're happy to have been of service to you and hope you'll call us again if you should ever need help with any other residential plumbing issues. Again, thank you and have a great day!

04/13/2021

Chris S.

Everything went well. Courtesy call before they arrived early in the morning. Two plumbers worked for four hours to get the job done and everything worked perfectly. They asked questions about the problems we had had with the faucet and were diligent about getting the installation right. It was a journeyman and an apprentice and they were helpful in answering any questions we had. They worked hard (dreaded corner sink) and continually and cleanly.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet, garbage disposal, and associated angle stops, and reconnect existing lines. Disconnect and remove corroded master sinks drain piping system and install new PVC drain pipes.

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for leaving a review of the service from Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer. It was a pleasure to help you and we hope that you'll call us the next time there's a need. Until then, have a great day and thanks again for your business!

04/13/2021

Chris S.

Everything went well. Vanguard is very good at returning calls and keeping in touch by email. I supplied photos of the parts I had bought (bathroom faucet cartridges) as well as info on the style of shower mixer that needed to be fixed (mixer ran too hot). Vanguard gave me a detailed estimate of work involved and an estimate of cost. Work was done efficiently and cleanly. Vanguard pointed out that we should strongly consider replacing the pipes under the sink in the master bath as well as in the kitchen as they were corroded and likely to leak soon. We were also advised to contact our kitchen faucet manufacturer because Vanguard believed the faucet was faulty and it might be a waste of his time and our money to try to repair it. It was only a couple of years old and leaked and no longer swiveled properly. We did so and got a new faucet. We scheduled follow up work with Vanguard once the new faucet was received and that work will be separately reviewed

Description of Work
Installation of faucet cartridges in master bath; Installation of cartridge and check valves in shower mixer; inspect kitchen faucet and diagnose why it was no longer swiveling easily.

Work Completed On 03/24/2021

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business and are happy to have been of service to you. If you should need our services again, we hope that you’ll call us. Again, thank you and have a great day!

02/12/2021

LaJuan B.

I called to see if someone could come out and give me a quote. The person on the phone asked for my zip code. After I told them my zip code I was quoted $250 for the first hour and $350 for any additional hours needed to complete the job. I guess they did not want to come to my neighborhood. Shame on them. I called Goode Plumbing and they quoted me $60 to come out and that would be applied to any work that needed to be done.

Description of Work
My shower is leaking.

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

Thank you for your feedback. We asked for a zip code for planning and travel purposes and to see if the address is within our service area. The price quote was for a specific job to find the source of the leak. In this case we do not need to come out to provide a quote. The price might seem high because we are upfront with our pricing. We do not charge a fee just to come out, get our foot in the door and later surprise our costumers with a high amount. We have provided a quote for a service and our pricing is being compared to a set trip fee of another company. These two do not compare since the final invoice pricing could end up much higher.

01/08/2021

Lawrence M.

went well, very informative employees and punctual. offers options to address issues.

Description of Work
pipe change to a new one. repair diverter for shower. inspect catch basin and pipes

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Thank you, [Member Information Removed], for leaving a review of the service from Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer. It was a pleasure to help you and we hope that you'll call us the next time there's a need. Until then, have a great day and thanks again for your business!

12/24/2020

Tracy S.

One of the most stressful parts of moving to a new area is finding the right people to help maintain your home. With Jan and Vanguard we’re excited to have found our plumbing solution. Jan simplified a complicated and challenging issue and delivered results we’re very pleased with. The team is efficient, friendly and patient in answering all your questions. We 100% recommend Vanguard.

Description of Work
Toilet repair; sump pump repair and replacement

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of your experience with Jan and the Vanguard Plumbing & Sewer team Tracy. It's been our pleasure to assist you and to hear that our services are just what you needed for your new home. Rest assured that we'll always be there when you need us. Again, thank you for your generous review and your business. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

12/05/2020

Edward M.

The work was done quickly, neatly, and came in under the estimated cost. They were also friendly and informative. This was the second time I have used Vanguard and I will definitely call them again for the next job in my home.

Description of Work
Extension of a gas line for a new gas dryer

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

We can't thank you enough for your review, [Member Name Removed]. It's been our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to the next time we have the chance to help. Again, thank you for your review and your continued business. Have a great day!

12/03/2020

Yvonne P.

The situation was thoroughly examined and all options were provided with pros and cons explained for each option without pressure to do more than needed. Service was very professional and responsive, even during a holiday week.

Description of Work
clear a clogged drain and fix improper piping

Category plumbing, drain cleaning