TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2009

6100 N Oakley Ave Flr 2

Chicago, IL 60659

Welcome to "Tapia's Works Inc" This is a family business since 1998, Walter Tapia "owner" start to operate, with his brother's, doing the best work in painting Tapia's works don't work with no subcontractor or part time worker, the cost is determined by the job, Remodeling homes in Chicago and suburb for nearly 15 years Our unique design process is " client-centric" being both consultative & collaborative-our goal is to deliver designs and finished projects that represent your vision & your lifestyle, no additional travel charges, no additional service charges , references available, Mobile phone (773) 961-5262 office (773) 615-3870 email: tapiasworks@ yahoo.com more info: www.tapiasworks.com or tapiasworks.jimb.com...

01/18/2021

Michael W.

Walter does great work. He, and his team, are thorough and professional. My place looks great. This is my third time using him, and I will continue using him in the future.

Description of Work
Paint Condo

Category ceramic tile, interior painters

11/11/2020

Catherine G.

Great-Walter and his team are top-notch! They were wonderful in working around my schedule, very professional, tidy and hardworking. The paint job is amazing. I highly recommend Tapia's Works and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
interior painting

10/02/2019

Heather C.

The entire process was easy and timely.

Description of Work
Closet patched and painted. Ceiling painted

04/27/2019

Ryan B.

Very professional, great to work with, reasonable price, and excellent work overall. Would hire again for sure.

Description of Work
Concrete ceiling painting for loft-style condo

03/16/2019

Lesli Z.

Walter and the guys were fantastic! They were very prompt, professional and the painting looks phenomenal. They finished the work very quickly. We would definitely recommend them to others and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting

08/17/2017

Scott V.

Walters team completed all project bid work timely, with high quality. His team is easy to work with and responsible in showing when scheduled to perform work. During phases of completion and at project end, Walter quality checked each area in a walk-around to be certain I was happy with the finished result. I would utilize Tapias again for my maintenance needs in my condo.

Description of Work
Closet removal, painting, wallpaper removal, tile installation, plastering, drapery removal, deck staining/refinishing, closet component disassembly and assembly, trim.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plastering, interior painters

07/18/2017

Alexei E.

Wonderful. A complete pleasure to work with Walter. He was patient, honest, thorough, and painstaking.

Description of Work
Repairing and painting walls and radiator

Hello: [Member Name Removed]

06/29/2017

Mari C.

DO NOT HIRE THESE PAINTERS, IT'S NOT WORTH THE FRUSTRATION AND HEADACHE! The proposal received from one of the painters apparently was priced too low according to the owner, so although they honored the original price, the owner was trying to make it up by up-charging every add-on. Their price was not too low as I received 3 other proposals and they were in the same price range. They cut corners every where they could, for instance, even though the contract said to paint doors, they only painted one side of the door and didn't paint the door frame. Worse of all, after calling them back to paint the rest of the house, they cancelled 4 times. We waited about 2 months for them and on their 4th cancellation, they cancelled the day before they were scheduled to arrive, saying they wouldn't be able to start until 2 months later. We had already removed all the blinds, curtains, wall art, etc. I can't explain why they kept cancelling. I paid them their fee on time and as agreed. They're simply irresponsible and very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Tapia's work painted the interior of about 2,000 sf, then needed another 1,000 sf painted as stage 2 project. They never arrived for the stage 2 project.

05/04/2017

Leslie C.

Walter and his crew were easy to work with and professional. Estimate and work appointments were made quickly. Work was

Description of Work
Repaired drywall and painted nursery, master bathroom, guest bathroom and a hallway.

01/08/2017

Michael O.

Walter was responsive, directly involved in supervising the work and a professional. He also provided helpful suggestions. He responded well to changes in scope and accommodated our additional requests for a reasonable price. He will be the first person I recommend to anyone looking for quality work.

Description of Work
Painted several interior rooms and doors (75% of a 1600 sqf house), performed minor carpentry to prep for painting, also painted and prepped exterior portico.

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed] Is always a pleasure working for you and your wife, we will be waiting for the next project. inside or outside not a problem. Thank you again. Walter Tapia

12/03/2016

Stephen M.

Perfect! They were quick to respond, easy to work with. They were very professional, they prepared and cleaned everything after they were done. I was very pleased with the end result and yes I will use them again. Very pleased!

Description of Work
I have an old Bungalow with plaster walls in need of repair. They removed the plaster wall that needed repair and replaced with dry wall. I also had them paint the entire kitchen.

Category drywall, interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the opportunity , working for you was a pleasure. Walter

11/07/2016

Dushani T.

Walter & his crew were awesome. We got so many compliments on how well the job was done. Flawless work & great service, I highly recommend. Walter responds promptly & services were rendered in the time we talked for initially. Prepping & cleaning afterwards were done to the tee. Very easy to work with & the price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
Interior painting of walls & baseboards for about 2000 square feet.

Category interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed]Working for you is a pleasure, I hope see you soon when you return to Chicago to working for you again. Thank you, for the opportunity WALTER

07/09/2016

Karen E.

Walter and his team did an incredible job with meticulous attention to detail. They were timely, professional and the value of service delivered was very good. I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the work performed. The work was not easy and they went over and above what was expected. I would use Walter again without hesitation - he and his team are the real deal. The work they did was exceptional. So happy!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting, drywall repairs, exterior window sill repairs, pressure washing, etc.

Category drywall, plastering, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed] working for you was a really nice experience, I do every job very personal that why is always a goal Thank you for the opportunity, Walter TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.

05/28/2016

Alyse K.

Went very good. It is my first home and my first big project. he walked me through everything, paid close attention to details, answered all of my questions. very nice guy!

Description of Work
Interior painting - 7 rooms.

Category interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed] Was a pleasure working for you was not an easy job but we did a great work for you Thank you for the opportunity serving you was a pleasure. Walter

03/01/2016

Dave Vinci V.

.Walter showed up on time. Kept me informed of any problems or questions. Cleaned up at the end of the day so the rooms were usable. He paid attention to the details of the work. The wall paper was hung correctly, patterns matched, edges were glued down, waste was kept to a minimum. Without being asked he removed all the hardware from the windows, doors, and walls before starting to paint. He stripped the old paint from the window handles and cleaned them up before replacing them. I am having back for work that I want done in several other rooms.

Description of Work
Wallpapered a bathroom, kitchen, and breakfast room. Repaired walls and painted ceilings and woodwork.

Category drywall, wallpaper, interior painters

Hello: [Member Name Removed] was a pleasure working for you !!!!! I will be happy serving you and your family again. Thank you, Walter TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.

10/16/2015

Hector R.

After having our home flooded this summer, Walter was the only pleasant surprise we received during the entire process. He arrived on time during the initial visit and gave us a fast turnaround on the quote. They started work promptly and were very professional, clean and careful during the entire process. They arrived on time everyday and finished ahead of schedule. The work is top rate overall and very happy with the finished product. I will definitely use him again and refer him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced all the baseboards, trim and door trims in our basement. Painted the entire finished basement

Category woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Hello: [Member name removed] This is the 3rd project we do for you, and is always a pleasure working for you and your wife!!!!!! please feel free to call me anytime you need our services. Thank you, so much Walter TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.

10/05/2015

Patricia R.

Walter was very professional and easy to deal with. We were painting the house because we were going to put it on the market. Walter gave us good suggestions as to what areas he could paint where it would have the most impact and we would still be able to stay within our budget. Walter and his crew did a great job. If we had not moved out of state, I would definitely us them again.

Description of Work
They did the following painting: dining room:paint ceiling and walls; 2nd floor hallway and stairs: repair water damage to ceiling and paint ceiling, walls and baseboards; guest bedroom: paint ceiling, walls, and trim; bathroom: paint ceiling; paint outside shutters on front windows; sun room: paint window bases; and back deck : pwoer wash north side and touch up paint

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Hello[Member name removed] was a pleasure working for you,,, I hope see you again in the future to serving one more time Thank you, Walter

06/22/2015

Alyse K.

it went very well. kind, personable, and professional. were always on time and kept everything very clean. helped with moving furniture and picking colors. I've already recommended them to friends and family.

Description of Work
painted 6 rooms, hallway and all ceilings. also did some patching of the plaster

Category interior designers, plastering, interior painters

Hello: [Member name removed] Thank you for the opportunity!!!! serving you was a pleasure. Walter Tapia

06/05/2015

Brenda M.

Walter was a true profession, flexible and dependable. He did great work at a very reasonable cost. We ran into a bit of trouble with my condo association and he handled it like a professional. Would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Paint, flooring and closet doors

Category interior painters

Hello: [Removed Member Name] Thank you for the opportunity !!!! serving you was a really nice pleasure. Walter Tapia

03/07/2015

Dorothy B.

the cost was too great and I figured I would receive very little for the purchased courpon

Description of Work
they came out and gave me an estimate on painting the interior of my house

Category interior painters

Hello: [member name removed] I did send you the painting proposal in June 2014 but you never responding me back!!!! thank you for taking your time and letting me know now March 2015

03/02/2015

Lisa B.

Walter and his team painted my 1050 sq foot loft condo with 15" ceilings. He did doors, trim, closets inside/out - you name it he did it! He did an EXCELLENT job. Top-notch service and painting quality. I've had him come back an additional time to repair a ceiling leak and paint pipes. I recommend him highly to everybody I know. I will use Walter and Tapia Works always!

Description of Work
Painted loft condo.

12/01/2014

Kim G.

Did a very good job, cleaned up nicely. They were very polite and pleasant. Worked quickly.

Description of Work
painted and repaired ceiling in 3 rooms, and painted living and dining room

11/13/2014

Ira M.

Tapia's Works, Inc. is an incredible painting crew. They have great prices and delivered all they said they would. They are punctual, neat, and extremely professional. We are VERY pleased with their work and would highly recommend them. We look forward to using them again in the near future. Don't hesitate. Call them. You won't be sorry!

Description of Work
Painted Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen and Cabinets

11/13/2014

Lynn P.

Walter is great! The job went very smoothly. We were able to work out a start day that was mutually agreeable. Walter and his brothers came on time, stayed all day, were pleasant and incredibly neat and clean. They were very easy to have in the house and worked quickly and carefully. It was not an easy job as there was furniture to move, Pella windows to take apart, many areas needing to be sanded and patched. Additionally, after I changed my mind about the color, they were willing to extend the time allotted and repaint most of the walls. (They charged me for that, but that was completely fair). I am thrilled with the quality of the work they did and would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Walter Tapia and his brothers painted the entire first floor of our house, which included patching and fixing many areas, and painting the trim on about 30 Pella windows.

11/11/2014

Alissa P.

Walter and his crew were great. I found Walter to be extremely responsive and prompt, things I appreciate. They work he and his crew did was top notch, and he gave me a fair price for it. He was also available on fairly short notice - within a few weeks. Some painters I contacted couldn't get me in for months! I would recommend Walter to anyone.

Description of Work
Patched up and painted a 2 bed 2 bath condo.

Fortune Restoration

Fortune Restoration is a full service painting, tuckpointing, and restoration company that serves residential homeowners from Hyde Park to Lincoln Park to Oak Park and River Forest, and the entire North Shore and Western Suburbs. Commercial, industrial and institutional projects are also taken on throughout the Chicagoland area. Additional email - fortunerestorationbob@gmail.com Additional contact name - Mr. Bob Fortune, Mr. Tom Fortune.

The ABL Group

The ABL Group provides you with a single source for all your decorating and remodeling needs. Our group of dedicated professionals, artists and craftsman handle each or every element of your project - beginning with its design, continuing through its construction and decoration, and even maintaining the space after we've finished. For more than 30 years, The ABL Group has provided outstanding value and superior customer service up and down the North Shore and throughout its surrounding communities. When you are ready to enhance your built environment, contact The ABL Group. We are "Uniquely Professional." 12 employees. uses subs for plumbing, electrical & hvac. cost is determined by the job. no travel charges. additional contact: howard lipsky. additional email: howard@theablgroup.com. dba abl decorating & remodeling inc. Award winning.

Offers by The ABL Group on Angi

Ask for details.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.

How is TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. overall rated?

TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. open?

TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. is open:

What payment options does TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. provide

TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by TAPIA'S WORKS Inc.?

No, TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offer?

TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. offers the following services: Interior & Exterior Painting, Installing Drywall, Plastering and, Primer. Wallpaper removal and installed, Ceilings, Walls and Trim Repairs Carpenter, Stripping, refinishing wood Deck staining

Are there any services TAPIA'S WORKS Inc. does not offer?

Ask for details.