Stewart Roofing Co

Founded 1927 • With Angi since April 2005

403 E 115th St

Chicago, IL 60628

Stewart Roofing, now in the third generation, was founded in 1927 by Mr. Samuel Stewart. We have been a growing family owned business for over 80 years. We are in a position to satisfy all residential, commercial, and industrial roofing applications, carrying a full line of insurance. We are also fully licensed and bonded in Illinois and Indiana. We offer our services at competitive prices with substantial warranties on our goods and workmanship. We service the roofing and construction needs over a broad coverage of the southern Lake Michigan area. Many large insurance companies, management companies, mall complexes and manufacturers, to mention a few, are our clients. We would be very happy to offer consultation, and on time quotations on the wide spectrum of material used today in the industry; from asphalt, bitumen, pitch and gravel, to the latest in one ply systems. We are members of the National Roofing Contractors Association and the Chicago Roofing Contractors Association, and follow the ethical guide lines that are recommended by these associations....

08/10/2022

Delores J B.

They did a good job I've used them several times. They also patch a gutter that is also leaking they did that at the same time. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Siding repair

09/01/2016

Arles M.

Description of Work
They finished the roof in 1 day. Great clean up. Heavy rain 2 days after roof replaced. No leaks!!!

04/27/2016

Tonga A.

Description of Work
They supposedly did a whole tear-off & replaced the roof, but it not to my liking, I feel they could have done a better job for the money, they charged me. I feel that, they did a rushed job due to a conflict with the window company that was hired as well to installed windows which, I informed Stewart Roofing that the window company was coming to install new windows so that, they wouldn't conflict with each other, but Stewart Roofing showed up at the same time anyway.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

01/29/2016

LORENE B.

Description of Work
I was given two proposals: $11,580.00 and $5,590.00 with each a detail of work to be performed and with the quality of material used. I must submit these proposals to my insurance company to get an approval on which one of these proposals I can use. I received literature on the history of the company so I would be familiar with their outstanding history; this information is very helpful to me. I am waiting with anticipation of the acceptance of one of these proposals. I am very glad to have this opportunity of this very outstanding service in my community!

07/31/2015

Bridgett S.

Very professional, good price, transparent and excellent service.

Description of Work
An entire new roof.

11/19/2014

Jocelyn D.

We were given an arrival time of 8:00 a.m. for Monday Nov.17th They showed up ready to get to work at 7:45 a.m. They were very professional, answered any questions we had, allowed my husband to actually go up on the roof and follow the progress and we never even lost our satellite signal. The roof was finished, area totally cleaned and workers gone by 4:00 p.m. We were so pleased, we asked them for an estimate on our garage.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof, replaced 47ft of rotted wood and added an extra vent.

10/03/2013

Lydia N.

A raccoon had moved into my attic! After having the critter removed and the attic cleaned and sanitized, I contacted Stewart Roofing to repair the damage to the roof.

Description of Work
Repaired damage to roof caused by raccoons.

12/26/2012

Dennis D.

perfect

Description of Work
took 2 roofs off, put a new roof on

07/29/2011

Ruby M.

They were good. They were professional and timely and did a good job. I did not have any problems with them. I think their price was a little bit on the higher end. I had used them before to do the roof on my house, and I would use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
I used Stewart Roofing Co to put a new roof on my garage.

07/27/2011

Sharon C.

They were really good. I thought they had good prices. They did the work while we were at work so we didn't have to be there, which I thought was a nice touch. They left no mess when the work was finished.

Description of Work
They removed the top of the chimney and patched over the roof. They also patched a leak on the roof.

08/20/2010

ERIN S.

They weren't very responsive. We had a hard time getting them to return phone calls and getting the job started. We chose to go with another company.

Description of Work
I contacted them for to locate and fix a leak relating to the roof or chimney.

10/15/2009

Vickie B.

Service went very well. They called early in the morning to advise would try to do repair before expected rain began later in the day. We could not be at home that day, and when returned by midday, found that work had already been done. Also by that time, the rain had started. Glad to report no more leaks.

Description of Work
A raccoon hole in my roof was repaired by this company

08/22/2008

TM P.

Bill Panazzo, owner, came out to give an estimate on exterior leaks plus existing condition of roof. With 30+ years of experience he had seen these leak problems before which was caused by the roof design. Because of the complexity of the leaks, he PERSONALLY supervised the re-roof with one of his crews. He is a no-nonsense, get the job done right the FIRST time, type of guy. Clean up was impeccable.

Description of Work
Remove ridge caps on roof and haul away. Re-roof over-existing with Owens Cornings Duration Series Shingles with Sure Nail Technology. Remove/replace 8 roof vents with aluminum color-coordinated vents. Raise/reset existing power fan. Remove/reset existing pre-fabricated chimney flashing. Remove/replace lead soil stack flashing. Remove/replace metal flashings around base of 2 masonry chimneys with pre-finished metal flashings. Where upper roof meets lower roof, cut back gutter and cap to stop flow of water back into roof. Cut in and install 2 white aluminum elbows to properly drain water with flow of roof. Install turbine vent. 30 yr. limited warranty on material and 8 year Steward Roofing,Inc. FREE service guarantee as it relates to workmanship.

08/06/2008

Gladis T.

I had gotten three different estimates and theirs was the lowest. They were very professional. The people that sent out came on time. They put a big tarp out on the lawn and asked if they could move some flowers. They put everything back exactly how it was. I was quite impressed with them. The workmanship was good.

Description of Work
They repaired my roof. They stripped down the old shingles and they also replaced some rotting wood. They reshingled my roof.

Category roofing, woodworking

06/16/2008

MARCIA B.

I was very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

05/22/2008

Cari M.

They did a very professional job. I have no complaints except they charge a fee to pay with a credit card. I would probably use them again.

Description of Work
They replaced the gutter over the front of the house.

07/11/2007

NICHOLAS M W.

Initial estimate was for repair of flat roof leak (originally installed by Stewart over 10 yrs ago). We agreed to contract, provided deposit, added replacement of entire roof to job. We agreed to amended/additional contract, provided deposit, but no contact/call from contractor for over 1 month. After repeated calls and threats to cancel contract/demand refund, a date was set. Workers on time, provided all materials as agreed, finished job on main roof in reasonable time. New vent for bathroom installed as requested/fixture provided by contractor. Excellent work, good cleanup. Flat roof repair work was not done, extending to next day with different crew. Flat roof work was good, workers took time to examine and fix problem. We discovered multiple openings inside roof (attic) from knotholes in wood being knocked out, leaving underside of roof paper exposed; Although charged for 32" of 1" X 8" wood @ $2.50 per foot (total of $80.00)was NOT installed, we payed the additional cost overrun.

Description of Work
Compete tear-off of existing roof for two-story Georgian residence and bay window roof, replace with new 50 year roof, replace damaged wood; install aluminum covered curb at door jamb, seal roof and add flashing, stop leak on separate second floor deck/flat roof.

06/08/2007

BARBARA K.

They were very responsive and they fixed it and I have had no problem. I have recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof repair.

03/09/2007

DAVID H.

I had interviewed about 7 or 8 companies, and it was a terrible experience. Some didn't show up, and some just showed up in really beat up trucks. Stewart roofing came right out, and from that minute on he took control of the situation. You could just tell right away that he knew what he was doing. They got the job done in two days. Even the boss got up on the roof and got to work. I got a great warranty, and I've referred him to plenty of people that he's taken care of already. I can't say enough good things about them!

Description of Work
They fixed my roof.

10/17/2006

BYRON R.

Because they were back logged with orders, it took about three weeks for them to get to me. They phone Friday night and stated they'd be here a 7:30. However they didn't arrived until 8:00. The work took about 5 hours to complete a 11x16 roof. The workers were courteous and encouraged me to look at there work. They pointed out 2 pieces of rotten plywood that needed to be replace which they did. The clean up went well leaving no signs of their being here at all. The foreman even assisted me in aligning my garage door. All and all I was very pleased with the work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Flat roof was torn off, gutter replaced. Corrected work done by original contractor 6 years ago.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

08/18/2006

JULIE F.

WE WERE VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WORK THAT THEY DID FOR US. THEY ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS WE ASKED THEM. THEY DID WHAT THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO. THEY WERE PROMPT AND ON TIME.

Description of Work
THEY REPAIRED MY ROOF.

07/16/2006

YVONNE P.

I would not use the service again because of JOB PERFORMANCE. Debris from the was roof left, the ground and patio required cleanup by me, and no water was used to clean gutters. Fortunately, it rained very hard the following day. As info., up until last year, I throroughly cleaned ALL the gutters on the property. They were too casual about contact intervals between the need to change the starting time and starting, e.g. an employee injured on another job and the ASSUMED delay caused by anticipated rain. They called the residence too early. They called the customer by 1st name. They appeared upset to know that Angie's List maintained some record of payment in relation to the work requested. (Min. quote $175 for 2006; Approx. quote 2005 $140) The workers on site were very courteous and friendly. The Office and Field Personnel were friendly but not customer-oriented, e.g. demeanor gave no reason for customer to feel her business was VALUED.

Description of Work
They cleaned gutters and swept the roof to remove fallen leaves. They cleaned the gutters of the carport, the house front, the house rear, and attached shed. Completion time was approx. 45 mins. There were 2 workers on site.

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

03/30/2006

MARIO W.

Bill came out to inspect before a proposal. He seemed honest. I got the name of the company from Angie's list. They were close to my house too. The crew arrived within a week of the first call. They flashed a chimney which they discovered needed work for no additional charge. I think the price for the work was fair. My only complaint is about the clean-up. I found shingles and debris in my neighbor's yard. But I felt this was a good experience with Stewart overall. I would recommend the company for work. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Flashed chimneys, replaced soil stack flashing, replaced defective gutter, sealed all other gutters.

10/07/2005

IRENA AND PRESTON S.

MICHAEL MANHATTAN AND BILL PANOZZA JR. GAVE A PROFESSIONAL QUOTE INCLUDING PRICE FOR POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL BOARDS THAT MIGHT BE DISCOVERED IF MORE ROTTED WOOD DISCOVERED ONCE REAR ADDITION ROOF WAS REMOVED. THIS ROOF WAS ON A HOUSE WE OWNED ON THE FAR SOUTHSIDE OF CHICAGO THAT WE WERE PREPARING TO SELL. STEWART ROOFING MET ALL OF THEIR COMMITMENTS, AS WELL AS PROVIDING US WITH A 15-YR WARRANTY THAT WAS TRANSFERABLE TO THE NEW OWNERS. THE NEW ROOF WAS INSPECTED BY THE PURCHASER'S HOME INSPECTORS' AND WAS GIVEN AN EXCELLENT RATING. MICHAEL AND BILL WERE VERY TIDY AND CLEANED UP AFTER THE NEW ROOF WAS INSTALLED. ALTHOUGH WE GOT THREE OTHER ESTIMATES THAT WERE LOWER, THE BEST CONSISTENT REFERENCES CAME FROM STEWART ROOFING'S CLIENTS SO WE CHOSE THEM. THE WORK WAS CONTRACTED ON 18 JAN 2005, AND COMPLETED BY THE END OF THAT MONTH.

Description of Work
NEW ROOF ON REAR ADDITION TO TWO-STORY GEORGIAN HOUSE ON SOUTHSIDE OF CHICAGO; REMOVED OLD ROOF AND ROTTED WOODEN BOARDS, INSTALLED NEW ROOF WITH NEW BOARDS, AND FLASHING AROUND ALL SIDES.

04/20/2005

CICELY G.

THIS COMPANY WAS HIRED TO CLEAN THE GUTTERS AROUND OUR CONDO PRIOR TO PUTTING IT ON THE MARKET. THEY WERE SURPRISINGLY NEAT AND TIME EFFICIENT. THE EMPLOYEES WERE PLEASANT AND HARD WORKING.

Description of Work
GUTTERS, DOWNSPOUTS, SOFFIT, FASCIA, SIDING; RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL.

Category gutter cleaning

Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning

Locations in Barrington, Chicago, Glenview, Lisle, Naperville and St. Charles. Servicing the whole Chicagoland Area. Established in 2003. We provide professional services of Window Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Repair and Power Washing. You can schedule an appointment and rest easy knowing you'll receive quick, clean, safe and reliable services for your home or business. We are dedicated to providing unparalleled service and motivated to earn your business for life!

Offers by Bubbles Window Washing & Gutter Cleaning on Angi
    Prime Time Window & Gutter Cleaning Inc

Over 50,000 satisfied customers since 1996, we are the premier home improvement company in Chicago and the surrounding areas. Prime Time Window Cleaning provides the best residential home and commercial property services at the most competitive price. Our goal is to make each customer a raving fan and to earn not only their business, but also that of their friends, neighbors, and relatives. If you are not satisfied with our service to your home, you simply do not have to pay! Contact Prime Time Window Cleaning for your window washer Chicago services, as well as other exterior projects, such as gutter cleaning and power washing. We look forward to helping your home look its best! Book an appointment today at 800-480-1360.

Offers by Prime Time Window & Gutter Cleaning Inc on Angi
    L A McMahon Window Washing Inc

Uses ECO Friendly Products. Cost is determined by the job. All Military families get an extra $10 off! Professional washers, all equipment supplied, and all work subject to on-site inspection. Tall ladder and parking fee may apply. Call for info or to schedule an appointment for work to be done. Award winning. Additional DBA - McMahon Window Washing Inc - LA.

Roofing repairs & emergencies, FHA inspection & certification, new construction & installation, siding, gutter repair & replacement, gutter cleaning, gutter guard system installation, & tuckpoint services