We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

RUFINO PAINTING

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2005

5914 N ARTESIAN AVE.

Chicago, IL 60659

We are a family owned and operated business that has been dedicated to serving our clientele with outstanding quality, attention to detail, and honesty for nearly two decades. We were established on October 1st, 1996. We are a complete service painting expert company that specializes in residential and commercial projects. Allow us to prove our outstanding quality to you on your next painting project. We provide service to the entire Chicagoland area, both city and surrounding suburbs. With well over 19 years as a family owned company and a total of 26 years in the painting business, we are proud of our accomplishments. Our familial and ethical values have gained us an excellent reputation among a growing number of satisfied clients. We have been recognized by the BBB and Angie’s List for our excellent work and dedication to our customers. Rufino Painting is licensed and insured. We are also an EPA lead-safe certified company....

06/13/2020

Anne B.

Rufino Painting did an excellent job on our house, painting the exterior wooden trim, including windows and doors, sealing our porch ceilings and touching up our Hardie board siding. They previously painted the interior of our house. They arrive early and work hard all day, doing an excellent, meticulous job quickly. In addition to their fantastic work, Raul and his team are honest and truly enjoyable to be around. I give them my highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Painting exterior wooden trim.

Category house painters

12/14/2019

CLINT P.

Perfecto! It took Raul less than an hour to gather all the information needed to put an estimate together. He is thorough and doesn't miss a trick. He noticed tiny cracks and dinged trim that had long ago become just what I thought our house looked like. It took his team maybe a week to not only change the look of our house, but restore every surface to "factory new" condition. Truly an outstanding job. As one of our nieces put it, now our "house could be the lobby of a fancy boutique hotel." Will definitely be using Rufino for the second floor! Soon as we decide on the colors...

Description of Work
Entire first floor of a decent-size house

THANK YOU.

09/07/2019

Robert C.

Raul and his team are true professionals and did an amazing job. He agreed to use Behr Marquee (not his preferred brand, it is apparently a bit trickier to work with) because we like the finish and durability. The work is immaculate, they were very careful and respectful of our home, they showed up on time each day, and finished the job as scheduled. His price was very reasonable (amount shown does not include ~$500 in supply costs). To top it off, Raul is kind and personable. I will hire them again in an instant and recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Painted both floors of duplex down, including extensive trim, bannister spindles, and moulding, excluding bedrooms and bathrooms

08/13/2019

Betty C.

Our request for an estimate for stripping one of our windows was responded to immediately with a willingness to squeeze our small project into Rufino’s busy schedule. The job was completed as promised in just two days. I appreciated their attention to detail with special care given to finding choices for the stain color and window locks that suited us and handling unforeseen problems that were not part of their services. Our life was made easier by their prompt arrival each morning and leaving the unit exactly as it was before the project began.

Description of Work
Removing the paint from an interior window.

08/12/2019

Jamie S.

I submitted a request for a painting quote on a Saturday morning and Raul responded within 10 minutes. That day he came over to give me a price quote, and the crew was there at 6:30am Monday to begin work. It took 2 days to finish painting my living room, dining room, and kitchen and they did a fantastic job! These guys have skills...Lines are super straight, trim is perfect, and they covered up holes so well I can't even remember where they were. :-) I wish I had more painting to be done in my house so I could hire them again!

Description of Work
Painting 3 rooms

08/11/2019

Laura S.

The work was done very well and everything was smooth.

Description of Work
Painting multiple rooms

08/27/2018

Scott W.

Rufino Painting provided excellent service! They were on time and highly efficient over the 3.5 days for the paint job. They were also early in finishing, as the original quote was for a 4 day paint job. They did excellent quality work, use high quality paint, and did some minor wall repairs. They helped advise on paint color selection and placement as well. And their pricing was reasonable for the high quality of work. I would use them again, and highly recommend them for any paint job, large or small.

Description of Work
Complete Interior painting and repairs for 800 sf condo

Category drywall, interior painters

04/27/2018

Steve G.

Quality of work is excellent; these guys are experienced and really know what they're doing. Originally was estimated to be a 2 day job for 2 bedrooms and some other miscellaneous areas. But they were able to paint both bedrooms including trim in 1 day, which helped to minimize disruption to our sleeping arrangements. They returned the next day to complete the other areas. Price was competitive with other vendors.

Description of Work
interior painting bedrooms and other miscellaneous areas

04/03/2018

Michael S.

The whole process was very smooth. Raul responded to my initial call quickly, and we got a bid from him promptly (we got 3 separate bids for the work). We picked Rufino because Raul’s estimate was thorough, and his bid was competitive (he’s also super friendly). Raul, Jorge and Cesar were on the job every day promptly at 7 am and finished in the quoted time. Prep work was extensive, and they took great care with our belongings. Everything was left as they found it, and they were more friendly and patient with our two cats than our two cats deserved. Most importantly, the result is excellent. Colors are rich, the ceiling looks better than I ever thought possible. Trim looks great. I absolutely would use Raul and his team again.

Description of Work
Rufino painted our entire condo, every room except bathroom and closets. That includes walls, trim, doors and ceilings. The project took 4 days for a team of 3.

03/08/2018

Dan L.

We had Rufino Painting repaint our entire 3 bed 2 bath condo (all walls, trim, ceilings, closets, and doors). It was a big job, and Rufino painting gave us an accurate quote that was lower than most of the other companies we considered. The quote included all paint (high quality Benjamin Moore) and materials. These were even discounted over what I was quoted at the store. Raul (the owner) was incredibly quick and easy to communicate with. I had some narrow time windows that I needed the job to be done during, and Raul was able to meet them. Raul and his team were very punctual on every day of the 5 day job. Our condo had restrictions on when work could be done, and he and his team accommodated those. They worked long hours to get the job done in one week since the condo association did not allow work during the weekend. Raul helped me make a few paint choices (about finish and some basic color choices) and I found that very helpful. The quality of work that Raul and his team did was amazing. I loved having the owner out working the job with a team that he trusts. They sanded down all the walls before starting and did an incredible job speckling and patching some drywall holes. The previous paint job we had from another company was awful, and Raul and his team painstakingly undid all their mistakes. In particular, there was one wall-wall-ceiling ceiling corner that the other company had spackled in a ridiculous rounded way, sort of like a quarter of a dome. Without me asking about it (I had assumed it was unfixable), Raul’s team chipped that mess out and reformed a nice looking corner. All the edging around the windows, baseboards, and ceiling that they did was impeccable. We will use Rufino painting for all our future jobs and regularly recommend them to anyone we know in the area getting their house painted.

Description of Work
Paint Condo

10/24/2017

Harold S.

Rufino family painted our hallway which was four stories with great results. My wife and I was very pleased with their work and would hire them again for next painting project

Description of Work
Painting an apartment hallway

10/10/2017

marc P.

Raul and family were top notch. I've never worked with a more professional contractor and I could not be more happy about the results. They showed up on time, communicated well and showed great follow thru. I was most impressed with how much effort they put towards preparation for painting. No shortcuts were taken. I wish they did other types of work besides painting because they were such a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Paint about half of my condo unit (walls, ceiling, trim).

09/18/2017

Cecil B.

Our experience with Raul and his team was great. Raul called me within 24 hours of my request and offered to visit and provide an estimate the next morning. We were trying to get the interior of our condo (walls, trim, doors, ceilings) painted before we moved in, and we were on a tight schedule to get it done. Raul offered to adjust his team's schedule to meet our timeframe, and they started working for us within a few days of the estimate. The crew was very professional - showing up early each day, working efficiently, and completing the job ahead of schedule. Our condo had a number of holes in the walls left by the previous owner that the crew patched as part of their prep-work and the walls look like new after prep and painting. Based on all of the above, I would definitely recommend Rufino Painting to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Interior Painting and Wall Patching - Living Room / Dining Room / Kitchen, Hallway, Two Bedrooms, Bathroom, Three Closets

Category plastering, interior painters

08/01/2017

Jeff S.

Our experience with Rufino was excellent from start to finish -- they came by the same day I contacted them and provided a quote along with clear explanation of the work to be done. As this was a small interior job, they worked it in quickly, utilizing a rain day on an exterior job. The crew showed up early, did all work efficiently and professionally, and cleaned up well afterward. The walls in the kitchen look like new. Raul was a pleasure to do with business with (and was very helpful and patient with color-matching), and I would recommend Rufino Painting to friends and neighbors. The price seemed fair based on my own experience with this sort of work and speaking with other vendors.

Description of Work
Strip wallpaper and paint kitchen.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

07/24/2017

Alison B.

We had a great experience with Rufino Painting. Raul was prompt and helpful from the very beginning. He was able to help with colour selection and offer some advice about technique as well. The crew was on time everyday and they even finished the project early. The quality of the work is fantastic, the edging was done perfectly and the plaster patching they did is seamless. The crew was thoughtful (they always removed their shoes to walk through the house), clean and efficient. They were able to accomplish in four days what I hadn't been able to in three years. I am thrilled with the job that they did and our house looks great!

Description of Work
Interior Painting - Front Porch, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Hallway, Bedroom and Office.

06/23/2017

Ann A.

Raul was wonderful! I called asking if he would be able to come in the next few weeks to give me an estimate and he called back that day and came the next to give us an estimate. He had the entire job done within 2 weeks! All the rooms were done well (even repaired any holes in the wall in the closets and replaced all the shelving) and so neatly! I mentioned that we also needed to have the floors redone and he said he knew someone (his brother-in-law). He said he would coordinate the 2 projects so that dust would not get into the new paint. Frederico Sandoval did a superb job on our floors, even fixed the doorway from the hall into the bathroom so that it was flush!

Description of Work
We had our living room, hallway, bathroom and 2 bedrooms painted.

06/15/2017

Christopher L.

Rufino Painting did a FANTASTIC job! Very nice, punctual, high quality and no change orders...the price quoted was the price paid. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Painting and patching of two floors of our house.

Category drywall, interior painters

05/06/2017

John D.

It went fantastic. Raul Rufino came and gave me a great estimate. He was on time. His 3 man crew did the entire job in 2 days. The paint job came out excellent. And cleanup was superb. I would certainly use them again and highly recommend them

Description of Work
Dry wall patched from a previous roof leak. Painting of upstairs hall, bedroom and kitchen ceiling.

04/05/2017

Carmen R.

Mr Rufino was able to begin work in our home within 2 weeks of the estimate. He and his crew arrived early every day and began work right away. We were in awe of the amount of preparation that was done prior to the start of painting. They were very organized given the limited amount of space available to move larger pieces of furniture around. All areas not being painted were completely covered. Furniture was also completely covered and moved with care. The painters proved to be extremely accomodating and were respectful of working in our home. I was undecided about colors to use and Mr Rufino listened to my expectations from the new colors i.e. warmth or just a whisper of color in one room, and helped in clarifying my decisions. The painters did touch-up work on the last day making sure all work completed as requested. The painting experience with Mr Rufino and Company was always very professional. We would definitely use Rufino Painting again and will recommend to others.

Description of Work
We requested an estimate from Rufino Painting to have our home's main floor painted, with the exception of the kitchen that was remodeled in 2014. Our home was built in 1939 and was last painted about 20 yrs ago so there were many cracks and imperfections needing work. We also requested installation of a chair rail in our dining room and a new baseboard in our hallway.

Category plastering, interior painters

03/01/2017

Kierstin H.

Great! They were able to get in early and finished the job quickly. The work was meticulous. Will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
We needed a bedroom painted.

01/19/2017

Alan B.

It went very well. Mr. Rufino is friendly, thorough and committed to doing a good job. If you have any questions in your mind about how you want your job done he is very happy to help you think it through. The only reason I gave the "B" on price is that his and his crew's competency comes at a price. They are not the cheapest painters around. That said, we were happy to pay it and not at all sorry to have done so.

Description of Work
We have a condo/rental unit that needed a painting spruce-up.

10/17/2016

Sue M.

The interior of our house hadn’t been painted for 22 years and in the last 50 years the hallway and stairwell to the second floor received only minimal attention. Raul Ruffino suggested removing the wallpaper from the hall/stairwell and the carpet from the stairs. He then guided us through paint selection and recommended someone to refinish the stairs. Raul and his family were efficient, courteous, and professional. Their part of the work was finished in 7 long days. They coordinated their work with the wood floor contractor. All large furniture was moved and covered. Every effort was made to minimize dust and spatter. They know paints and how to use them We were more than satisfied with the final result. We never imagined our house could be like one of those makeovers on TV.

Description of Work
Remove wallpaper from first floor hallway, stairwell and second floor hall. Repair, prep, and paint walls, ceilings, woodwork and 12 doors of hallways, kitchen, living room, and dining room, and ceiling of office. Repair and paint woodwork and risers of hall stairs and spindles of railing. Strip paint from top rail and main posts of banister and apply clear finish. (NOTE: We removed the carpet from stairs and most tacks. Another contractor sanded and refinished flat surfaces of stairs and upstairs landing.)

Category flooring contractor, wallpaper removal, interior painters

09/07/2016

Larry G.

Raul and his family were fabulous! They showed up on the day they said they would at 8:00 and worked till after 5:00 most days. They were on time every day and worked hard to complete the job quickly and at a very high standard. When the FHA appraiser demanded additional work they did not try to take advantage of the fact that I had to get the work done. They took on the additional work, completed it quickly and at a very fair price. I had obtained three bids and they were not the cheapest but by far the most reasonable for the outstanding work they did. Also, when they left, everything was spotless, the only way I knew they had been there was the outstanding work they had done.

Description of Work
Rufino Painting did extensive interior and exterior painting on my home last year. The home had not been updated in over 20 years and needed serious maintenance as well as new paint.

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

08/27/2016

Anthony F.

Great! Raul and his team were outstanding. From the quote to the finish, they are very professional, fast, and high quality painters. He has some very hard work to do with all the fancy molding work. They delivered exactly what we wanted.

Description of Work
Painting whole first floor of my townhouse

08/08/2016

Allison B.

Very professional from start to finish. When I search the list, I am sometimes skeptical of providers who receive all As...I mean you can't always please everyone, right? However, this provider deserves the good marks. I had called several "A" providers before going with Rufino and some didn't bother to call back or were late for estimate appointments. An "A" doesn't always mean they are professional, in my experience. They were not the cheapest, but reasonable/fair. They were punctual and professional. I had an unexpected plumbing problem arise and had to call a plumber in. This delayed the project, but they waited patiently and finished the job that day as originally planned ! :)

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting two rooms.

Category drywall

Fortune Restoration

Fortune Restoration is a full service painting, tuckpointing, and restoration company that serves residential homeowners from Hyde Park to Lincoln Park to Oak Park and River Forest, and the entire North Shore and Western Suburbs. Commercial, industrial and institutional projects are also taken on throughout the Chicagoland area. Additional email - fortunerestorationbob@gmail.com Additional contact name - Mr. Bob Fortune, Mr. Tom Fortune.

Bill Schneeberger Painting & Decorating LLC

Bill Schneeberger Painting began serving the North Shore in 1974. Currently 4 of us are working to make homes beautiful. We are accredited by the PDCA (Painting and Decorating Contractors of America). We are also accredited by the Better Business Bureau. When a service is something that we know can be done better or sooner by another contractor, we subcontract that portion of the service. We still stand behind any work done through our company. Additional DBA - Schneeberger Bill Painting & Decorating LLC. Additional email - Snowmtn@sbcglobal.net. Additional phone - (847) 804-6600. Additional contact name - Bill Schneeberger.

ML Home Interior Remodeling INC.

Our company provides high quality work and has been in business for over 20 years. We are very punctual and professional. We specialize in Drywall / Plaster Wall Repairs, Painting - Interior & Exterior. We protect all belongings and floors 100%. We will move furniture if necessary. We are very accommodating and will work around our costumer's schedule(s). We are fully insured. No job is too small.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    2204805

We offer specific services for interior and exterior painting. On the interior front, we offer custom color, stripping, staining, varnishing, wall paper removal, drywall, taping, and plastering. On the exterior front we offer custom color, stripping, power sanding, glazing, caulking, power washing, deck cleaning, and sealing.

We are proud to be a complete service company that offers more than a simple painting job. We go above and beyond to exceed your expectations by delivering quality from start to finish. We are experts that work diligently to make sure every surface we paint is properly prepared before it is painted. If you require a service that is not listed here, give us a call. We can and will accommodate you.