R-Deco Painting & Home Improvements

Founded 1993 • With Angi since December 2011

5248 N Mason Ave

Chicago, IL 60630

Owner operated. Additional fax - (773) 763-6786. Additional DBA - R Deco Painting & Home Imprvmt. Additional email - rcdecopainting@comcast.net...

04/20/2017

Felipe .

Ron was super responsive, worked with me on a tight deadline, and completed a large paint job with lightning speed. His team did fantastic work- when they left, my apartment was spotless and the painting was meticulous. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks for going above and beyond to help me when I thought I was out of luck.

Category interior designers

06/07/2013

Scott K.

They were competitive and middle of the road. We have not made a decision on who we are going with yet. They were fairly responsive and friendly. It wasn't a bad experience by any means.

Description of Work
I got a quote from R-Deco Painting & Home Improvements for an internal painting project for a condo.

Category interior painters

05/21/2013

Aimee F.

They were pretty prompt, but the cost of the project kept rising and they didn't always tell me when they'd be here.

Description of Work
I have used R-Deco Painting & Home Improvements. They replaced the decking, the stairs, and the column of our front porch.

Category decks

06/15/2012

IDA Z.

They are very good. I've used them in the past for many things. The people that do the work do quality work. They are pretty conscientious and make sure the job is done right. I've used them over the past 5 years. The quality is very good. The pricing seems reasonable. I always try to get estimates.

Description of Work
I used R-Deco Painting & Home Improvements to do multiple things. They do almost everything. They have done painting, installed a vanity and stained our deck.

Category deck cleaning,woodworking,interior painters

02/08/2012

Lorraine R.

First and most valued was the fact that Ron Veesenmeyer of R-Deco Painting gave us (a single woman and college-age son) a free estimate on the extensive work that was necessary after the extreme weather damage to our house and its surrounds. (I did call another contractor with a high Yelp rating: he would not even come out unless he was guaranteed the work.) Ron helped me understand what the insurance company would require so that I could recover the proper monetary amount for the restoration/repair under my contract. There were hurdles and hoops of course, like inspections, re-inspections and long waits for compensation. Ron was with us every step of the way – in fact, he did a lot of the “liaison” work, in addition to being required to submit estimates, measurements, and receipts. His overall expertise eased my feeling of not knowing where to begin in dealing with the storm devastation and, by the end of the project, I knew I’d found an advocate. My experience with R-Deco Painting was extraordinary because: (1) A totally unexpected finding didn’t throw them for a loop: the caving-in porch and electricity, which had the potential for very serious consequences, were dealt with within the constraints of the budget. (2) Ron listened to what was important to us (the configuration of the deck, an odd porch post) and creatively made it materialize. (3) His crew was the best. I would highly recommend them to you. And I am looking forward to using R-Deco Painting in the future!

Description of Work
Extreme wind and storm damage to my home left me with knocked-down fences; roofing, siding and window damage; shed and garage destruction; and a very large pine tree totally uprooting my deck. It also left me feeling hopeless about ALL the work that needed to be done and ALL that entails. What a relief to have found R-Deco! R-Deco replaced the roof on both my garage and home. All the windows were re-wrapped. A damaged shed was torn down and my front porch rebuilt where the shed had once been attached. The old fences were taken down and replaced with beautiful new ones. In addition, our electrical service was replaced; I had noted some arc-ing during thunderstorms. Ron painted the house and garage, indeed even suggested colors that enhance our home’s singular beauty. And the deck? Ron Veesenmeyer, the owner of R-Deco, listened to our specifications – the shape we preferred, the height of the fences, the position of the gate – then ran with them! He even provided a small area on the deck which was, he said, “the perfect place for an outdoor bar.” He also built a useable storage area under the deck. (While working on the building of the new deck, Ron and another member of his crew found a water leak beneath my enclosed back porch which had caused serious damage to the wood foundation of the indoor porch. They stopped the leak, rebuilt the foundation and filled it with foam insulation. It hadn’t occurred to us that the cracks on the floor of the porch could have led to a cave-in. We are especially grateful for his quick remedial attention to this “incidental” finding.) I want to stress that R-Deco Painting did not create work or invent problems that did not exist. These complications arising from weather events were real and their restoration was necessary. R-Deco prioritized each aspect of the job to work within our budget. Ron was at the site every day to ensure that the work was being done to his standards by his employees – who were pleasant, hard-working and patient in their explanations. It appeared they shared Ron’s attention to detail including providing a doorknob and lock on the garage door and painting some old flowerboxes to match the house.

Category decks,electrician,fencing,gutter repair,insulation,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,dumpster service,house painters,doors,sunrooms,foundation repair,driveway gates

PHD Heating and Cooling

Our distinction is, we offer the highest quality of installation, service & repair for Air Conditioning, Furnaces, Water Heaters & Boilers. We use proven equipment. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. We provide Adorable Price, Professional Installation, Expirienced service and Warranty. I am excited to tell you about myself and my company PHD H.V.A.C. I am originally from Ukraine. I attended one of the best universities in the Ukraine – Polytechnic National University. I earned my PhD in Technical Sciences, and became a professor and lecturer there. This is why I am called the “Professor Of Heating & Air Conditioning”. During that time, I started “Phaeton HVAC”. For many years, we installed & repaired high quality heating and cooling equipment. After running a successful business in Ukraine, I came to the United States and opened my new company, here, in Chicago! I have been a licensed HVAC contractor, here, for over 10 years. I am happy to be here and to offer my services and expertise. I take pride in my experience and knowledge. We offer the highest quality installation with proven equipment. You can relax, knowing that you will receive the best service, reliability and safety. All of my work is guaranteed & insured. All of my technicians are experienced journeymen & professional installers. Once you experience the high level of quality I offer, I know you will be satisfied with my service. I am looking forward to helping you with all your HVAC needs and having you as a customer and friend. Whether you need to repair or install a new your AC, furnace, boiler, water heater, mini-split system, Tankless (High Efficiency) Water Heater or Tankless (High Efficiency) Boiler, or have other urgent HVAC issues, we can help you achieve whole home comfort without any hassle on your part. As a family owned and operated business from the beginning, we guarantee personalized service and quality workmanship.

RICE MASONRY CONST CO INC

Owner operated with 39 yrs of restoration and new construction experience. I personally oversee all projects,no subcontractors. We perform outstanding quality work, we are OSHA safety certified. and have the best guarantee in the industry. Rice masonry is a fully licensed and insured masonry and tuckpointing company with 10 highly skilled employees

JC & Son Masonry Inc

8-10 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email. Additional contact: Jake.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Residential and commercial interior & exterior painting, staining, wallpapering, deck restoration, varnishing, dry walling, taping, plastering, carpentry work, electrical, plumbing, tiling, install & refinish hardwood flooring, basement remodel, kitchen and bathroom remodel, window, door installation, siding , roofing, gutters, patio pavers & fencing.

Carpet installation.