OSMONDSON ROOFING & MASONRY INC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2011

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
104-002304
Illinois
Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
12/31/2023

3118 N Cicero Ave

Chicago, IL 60641

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)

We are a family owned & operated business serving Chicago & Suburbs since 1979. We Specialize in Residential Roofing, Shingle Repairs, Exterior Demolition Work, Exterior Rough Carpentry, Masonry Work; (Brick Chimney Rebuilds & Removals). Osmondson Roofing Inc. Has Been Approved By Owens Corning To Be A Preferred Contractor. We Are Confident That We Will Deliver The Finest Installation Available And Look Forward To Serving You. Ask us for a free estimate! For the quickest response, please call us at 773-725-2422; if we miss you please leave a message and we will call back asap!...

roofing (121)chimney repair (34)masonry (12)general contractors (12)gutter repair (14)siding companies (6)woodworking (3)gutter cleaning (1)

11/20/2021

Theodore J. L.

Scott and his crew did a great job. They installed a new ridge vent, replaced roofing boards, and cut in soffit vents. His price was fair for the work completed. Once he started he worked continuously over 4 days to finish the job.

Description of Work
New roof and chimney tuckpointing

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Thank you for choosing Osmondson Roofing &Masonry.

09/18/2021

Joseph B.

Osmondson Roofing was contacted after a recent windstorm caused damage to existing roof. It was very disappointing since the roof was only 8 years old. Scott came out to provide an inspection and recognized the previous roofer--not Osmondson--had taken a number of short cuts during the installation which led to the wind damage. After discussing options, we decided to remove the existing roof and to install a new roof. Scott provided a detailed explanation of the process and indicated his team would arrive early in the morning to begin work---a two day project. The team arrived promptly and was friendly and efficient. The work was completed as described. The team cleaned up all roofing materials with no roofing nails/shingles in my yard. Scott was very responsive to calls/text messages and kept us informed from the estimate through completion of work. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend Osmondson for roofing or any other services provided.

Description of Work
Roof replacement-including teardown

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

09/11/2021

David K.

OSMONDSON ROOFING did a great job diagnosing the problem and providing a fair estimate for the work to be done. Their price was significantly less than other quotes I received. Scott was great to work with and explained exactly what needed to be done. They did the work quickly and shared pictures of the work. I was very satisfied with the job done by OSMONDSON ROOFING.

Description of Work
Fixing leak by chimney

Work Completed On 09/11/2021

12/01/2020

Justin K.

I got several quotes to repair our chimney crown, something the inspector noted we needed to do before we bought our house. Scott Osmondson came over to inspect our chimney, he showed me with binoculars that our chimney should be tuck-pointed as well. Their quote for replacing the crown, tuck pointing, and putting a chimney cap on was very reasonable, it included more work than other quotes I got, and they were able to complete the work within a couple of weeks of getting the quote. The work was done over three mornings and the finished chimney looks great. I also like that they are a Chicago company.

Description of Work
Chimney Cap Replaced, Chimney Tuck-pointed and New Flashing Around Chimney

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

Review for OSMONDSON ROOFING & MASONRY INC - 3118 N Cicero Ave, Chicago, IL - 39055911

11/23/2020

Sarah M.

Just like all the other reviews on here, very good. honest, knowledgeable, good service. Compared with other opinions received that involved demo and replacement of the concrete cap as well as several rows of bricks, we went with the maintenance suggested by Scott. Much less expensive, and best for the house at this time. Had cracks in concrete cap ground out, primed and caulked, minor tuckpointing near top of chimney, replaced aluminum surface mount flashing with copper step flashed into masonry. Would hire again

Description of Work
Replace metal flashing, repair chimney cap, minor tuckpoint

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

11/15/2020

Janice M.

Osmondson installed my original roof about 8 yrs ago and now has developed a leak, They did excellent work and Scott came out last March to look at it. He told me the water heater exhaust pipe needed to be replaced as rain was getting in around it. I had to co ordinate HVAC and Scott. We set it up for 11/4. Scott talked with me and the HVAC contractor. Scott never showed up. I began calling him on Monday 11/2/20 to confirm and NEVER got a response. HVAC contractor waited here for 30 min. To this day Scott nor any representative from his company has ever contacted me in spite of me leaving multiple voicemails and emails.

Description of Work
Roof patch for leak

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/22/2020

Karen R.

Scott and his guys did great work. He called when he said he would call and his guys were on time and did a great job ensuring that there was no debris left behind. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
New roof on garage after storm damage and partial replacement of house roof

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

09/12/2020

John S.

Called 4 roofers with varying degrees of experience. All of these roofers were highly rated in Angies list. One did not call back. Another responded saying he was already booked (which was appreciated). Another called back after a couple of days and made an appointment. He had to reschedule. Had to hound him and finally got a visit but he wanted to do the job on the spot. Couldn't quite understand why. Scott called back and we setup an appointment. He showed up promptly and gave me an estimate to fix a portion of my roof where he thought the leak was coming from. In addition he recommended that I replace half the roof and install new flashing on my chimney because of the condition around the vents and the flashing. He said they were bound to create more problems sooner or later. He gave me reasonable estimates for both. I agreed with his recommendation to replace half the roof because I think it was a better long term solution than doing spot fixes. Note that this was happening when Covid 19 was wreaking havoc on the economy and people were being laid off left and right so I relayed my concern to Scott and whether I can split the payment in two. He agreed and we worked out a very reasonable time to pay as well. I was working in the basement when they started the work. Didn't realize they were there until I heard all the banging in the roof. They were done by the time I went to lunch and cleaned up very well. It was an absolute joy working with Scott Osmondsen on this project. He was a professional, easy to talk to, very low key and very customer oriented. Wish I can say this with my other projects. I don't usually write reviews but I feel that contractors like him deserve to be recognized !

Description of Work
Wanted to fix a roof leak in the kitchen area.

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

08/08/2020

�� Carol A.

The entire process from receiving the estimate to the completion of the work exceeded my expectations. I received a call from Scott Osmondson the Friday afternoon before the 4th of July holiday. He was able to come out on the 4th of July to take a look at the buckling shingles on my roof. Although I was hoping that the area in questioned could be repaired, Scott strongly recommended that the roof be replaced due to its age and a few other issues that he bought to my attention. Unlike the other contractors that I had previously reached out to, I felt that Scott's recommendation was in my best interest. Often times, when people are thinking about a roof, its the shingles that get the majority of the attention. Scott's was concerned about what was happening underneath the shingles. So after some discussion, Scott provided me with a reasonable estimate. In all honesty, it was probably the most reasonable estimate that I had seen out of the 3 quotes that I had received thus far. The quote for the work done on my roof wasn't the primary reason I selected Osmondson Roofing to do the job. I felt a certain level of trust that Scott was fair and that he would do what he could to make certain that the job was done right (or make it right if it wasn't). Scott and his crew arrived early on 8/4/2020 to tear off the roof and work on the decking. They came right out bright and early the next day to complete my new asphalt shingle roof and I could not be happier. If you are looking for a someone that operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity for your roofing needs, you could not find a better person than Scott Osmondson.

Description of Work
Roof Tear-off and Replacement

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

08/03/2020

Rich R.

We were looking at getting an estimate for our small flat roof over an extension in the back of the house. It did leak a couple of years ago, but I sealed the cracks near the flashing myself. I also applied some fiber silver coating over the whole roof a couple of years ago. There was a spot where a small portion of the roof is bubbling which was my concern. Scott Osmondson came over and mentioned that the roof is good and does not need to do anything, but keep maintaining it. He mentioned the small bubbled area was most likely due to the adhesive under the roof coming undone and to only monitor it. He said the coating I applied is still good and does not need to be re-applied this year. We also had him look at the top area of our chimney and some tuckpointing in front of our house. We purchased our house 11 years ago and the previous owner tuck pointed over the bricks and did not do it properly and very sloppy. He mentioned that the chimney area was not urgent and should be done together with the front of the house tuckpointing when we decide. Scott was the most honest person. He could have told us that we needed the repairs. I truly cannot believe the honesty.

Description of Work
Roof, chimney repair, and tuck pointing

Category masonry, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

08/02/2020

joe C.

Instead of pursuing a $50,000.00 opportunity, Scott gave his honest opinion: he recommended not to do the renovations. I was very impressed with his candor and professionalism. Based on this, I will certainly keep Scott in mind if any other projects arise. He is a good person.

Description of Work
We recently purchased a lot with a home on it that we were considering either renovating or just tearing down. The house would require substantial work on the chimney and a new roof. Scott Osmondson figured it would cost ~ $50,000.00.

Category masonry, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

07/14/2020

jim S.

I received a multiple quotes on the work. Three of the contractors wanted to just apply mortar over all the deteriorated bricks on the interior which was done in some spots in the past rather than fix the problem. I was very concerned about the integrity of the chimneys. Scott who is the owner was very helpful in explaining the chimney structure and the need to repair the problems and not just put a bandaid on them. Some of the bricks need to be replaced. The project proceeded just as proposed and the finished product is very professional in appearance. The workman like quality shows that I made the right decision. Upon completion of the workday all areas were cleaned up and swept. I was very pleased with the results and don't need to worry any longer. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
chimney need to be rebuilt from the attic going up through the roof, and one chimney taken down from the roof into the attic. Both chimneys need to be tuckpointed in the basement. Flashing needed at the roof

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

07/08/2020

SHERI A.

Scott came within 2 days of my call and checked out my roof for no cost. He told me my roof was on good shape and no work needed to be done. I truly appreciate his honesty and responsiveness.

Description of Work
I needed someone to let me know if I needed a new roof after the hail storm.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

06/28/2020

Tony C.

Fast, friendly and quality craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Minor roof repair

Work Completed On 06/28/2020

06/24/2020

Barb V.

The Osmondson team is A1 in my book - they have now done 3 roofs for me in 40 years - they are ALWAYS professional, knowledgeable, reasonable and respectful of property. If you don't need a roof yet they will tell you that! If there's an easy fix instead of a huge investment they always steer you in the right direction. The condition of the property is left exactly as it had looked before they worked there...using a magnet to pull all extraneous metals, picking up every last piece of shingle or plastic etc - everything. The crew is friendly and polite. Scott and his team will always do right by you - I can't recommend them enough. How refreshing to find someone so honest and hard-working and they have been that way all thru all 40 years of my association with their company. Thank you.

Description of Work
tear off and new roof

Category masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/15/2020

Jeff B.

Great! They took care of me from start to finish. Good communication throughout. Their recommendations of materials was perfect. The work was spotless. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, tuckpointing, new gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/14/2020

06/03/2020

Richard D.

An estimate was provided following a site visit by Mr. Osmondson. I felt he gave a fair assessment of the condition and pointed out specific areas that needed attention to avoid future problems. The work was done shortly thereafter. The whole operation was very efficient. I haven't had an opportunity to see the work done on the roof yet but I believe it was all done properly.

Description of Work
Assessment of roof condition and potential areas of leaks.

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

06/02/2020

Joe M.

Excellent - Scott arrived exactly as he promised, and he and his team went right up on the roof and repaired it. In fact my wife and I were having brunch on the deck at the time, only a few feet away, and Scott & Team did the work so efficiently and quietly that we barely noticed they were there. Scott also waited for a few major rainstorms to pass before requesting payment, to be sure the fix worked. His pricing was also very reasonable, and I would certainly use them again for any similar work.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

05/30/2020

Sue W.

This review is a little late(Fall 2019) but we used Osmondson for chimney work. Scott was very responsive in returning phone calls and very detailed in explaining what work he and his crew were going to do. Scott definitely takes pride in his work. They did an excellent job and would not hesitate to use Osmondson again.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuilt

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

05/24/2020

Tim H.

The repair and installation went really well, could not have been easier. Scott was extremely responsive, and friendly; and he did a great job explaining and walking us through the repair and his approach. He even coordinated a siding guy to take care of siding around the affected areas before and after the job; I did not have to worry about anything. This is our first house, we moved in last fall, and found a roof leak during some recent storms and heavy rain. The issue had long predated us moving in. Our house is a split level and the leak was coming from where the roof meets one of our chimneys; where the furnace vents. Water was getting in due to a lack of flashing as well as water pooling on the backside of the chimney. Scott recognized the issue immediately. He made the repair to the roof itself where years of water dripping in damaged the plywood under the shingles. Secondly, to prevent the issue from happening again he added extended flashing as well as a custom metal diverter to keep water moving around the chimney and down the roof. The repair was a little bit more expensive than I had originally budgeted for, but honestly it was worth it. It went really smoothly, it was a really high quality repair, and there were no problems. Also, he was able coordinate with the siding guy without me having to do a thing. I will be contacting Osmondson when I need the whole roof replaced down the road.

Description of Work
Roof Repair and installation of flashing and rain diverter

Category contractors, roofing, siding, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Review for OSMONDSON ROOFING & MASONRY INC - 3118 N Cicero Ave, Chicago, IL - 38589096

05/20/2020

Jennifer L.

Scott came into the picture after another contractor damaged our roof, causing it to leak. First of all, he talked me down from my initial panic. Second, he was super professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and communicative. The process was complicated because he had to work with the other contractor, which he did to everyone's satisfaction. He responded quickly any time we had a question, was up on the roof with his crew for the actual work, and even came back when the other contractors were here to re-do their work, making sure they did it right so as not to damage the roof again. He's a gem and we can't recommend him highly enough!

Description of Work
partial roof replacement

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

04/24/2020

Aaron E.

Osmondson Roofing was simply awesome. He came out and walked me though where he saw the issues and clearly articulated the fixes. He then send out an estimate (via snail mail, so don't be surprised) that I received a few days later. They were out doing the work within a day of me agreeing to the terms, which were very fair. The craftsmanship was stellar. They even built up the new flashing in a way that directs water away from the chimney, and they used copper, which doesn't warp with heat the way cheap aluminum flashing does. No issues since the fix. Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Roof was leaking around the chimney.

Category contractors, chimney repair