Northwest Plumbing Co

Founded 1939 • With Angi since January 2004

4375 N Elston Ave

Chicago, IL 60641

We are a family owned business for over 70 years serving Nortwest Chicago & the Northwest suburbs. We are fully licensed & bonded by the State of Illinois, we are licensed & bonded plumbing contractor by the Illinois Dept. of Public Health. We fully warrant our work & materials we provide. If you would like more information about us please visit: www.northwestplumbingcompany.com www.northwestplumbingcompany.com. Additional contact name - Jim Krueger. Award winning....

12/13/2017

Patricia M.

Great! I had a toilet that needed a repair before guests arrived for a visit. Tried fixing the problem myself but it did not go well. They are my "go to" neighborhood plumber. They come on time, fix the problem, and don't overcharge. Cannot ask for more than that!

Description of Work
Replaced toilet connector

11/03/2017

jeffrey S.

Fixed sump pump leak (using a screwable fitting), July 2016; gave decent advice on preventing other problems.

Description of Work
sump pump leak

Category wells

06/14/2017

Robert W.

Great guys! They were able to work around my schedule and did an excellent job. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Partial stack replacement

06/08/2017

cary B.

The work was completed well. The gentleman bought two different faucet kits for me to decide. He was personable and his work was neat, quick and right on time. Good job all around. I'd rehire again.

Description of Work
Northwest Plumbing replaced my kitchen faucet / hose as well as my garbage disposal.

05/25/2017

Wayne G.

I left a message on a Sunday night and the call was returned as soon as they opened on Monday morning. They worked me into their schedule as soon as possible and the work was done quickly and professionally. Fred explained why the pump replacement was necessary rather than being able to clean out the pump and reinstall it. All around excellent service as usual.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement (after testing to see if cleaning would suffice)

05/17/2017

Claudia R.

Fast & easy since they knew exactly how to fix the problem.

Description of Work
Valve replaced under bathroom sink.

11/17/2015

Melanie F.

He was on time, fast and courteous

Description of Work
Jim replaced a valve in my sprinkler system, fixed the humidifier and replaced parts on 2 bathroom faucets. And he is always willing to take the time to answer questions I have about other plumbing related issues.

10/12/2015

Margaret H.

Fred returned my call right away and was able to send someone on a day and time that was most convenient for me. His worker came on time and finished the job in 45 minutes. He replaced broken plastic bolts with brass ones, and used a thicker wax ring. He was courteous, professional and neat. Problem solved. No more leak.

Description of Work
Re-set the toilet to fix a leak from the base.

09/25/2015

Felix M.

The work went well. It was grossly overpriced and worse, the company wants to charge me again for the roding. This is a blatant violation of their "one year warranty," although the work was performed only four months ago. This is an outrage and outright fraud.

Description of Work
Installed a new sum pump in basement & roded a condensation pipe

Category plumbing, wells

We are sorry you are "outraged". You agreed to the price for the work that "went well" before we began work. Our warranty applies to installed plumbing, fixtures and repairs to same. We don't warrant drain cleaning as we cannot monitor or control what people put down their drains, we can only unclog them. Then there is also the matter of what condition the drain piping is in and how it is installed (especially when it is in the wall). These, and other factors are all reasons we do not warrant drain cleaning.

08/06/2015

Miljana P.

The provider responded to my call quickly and agreed to come out at about 1 PM the same day.He arrived punctually. While working on the bath tub drain on the third floor it was dicovered that a rubber pipe was innapropriately installed (by someone who rennovated the bathroom) on the tub drain and the pipe was leaking badly. This was an unexpected complication and abig problem for us because it meant that the tenants would not be able to use the bathroom till the problem is fixed. Although the provider had several additional clients that day, he took the time to help me with this unexpected emergency. He was very experienced and creative and solved the problem by replacing the rubber pipe with a metal one. He also unplugged the drains on the 3rd and 2nd floors and fixed a leaky toilet on the first floor. Considering the amount of work the provided did, his price was very reasonable and I am more than satisfied with the work he performed and the price.

Description of Work
I called the provider due to plugged up bath tub drains on the 3rd and 2nd floors of our 3-flat building, and a leaky toilet on the first floor.

07/04/2015

BERNARD S.

Fred was on time. The sink drain was totally blocked, Fred removed the blockage by taking the pipe apart in the basement . He worked clean and without a mess. I am very satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
removed blockage from a kitchen drain.

08/02/2014

LYNETTE A.

AWESOME. I've used these plumbers for years for a reason. They balance quality service with practical advice. This time, I had them out after a home inspection claimed "major plumbing issues". I'm selling the house, and the prospective buyer's inspector claimed there was a leak in the crawlspace and plumbing issues with the second floor bathtub. I quote directly from the report: "Water is leaking to the crawlspace, where copper piping was poorly patched, in small rear crawlspace. This is an inadequate patch, likely in response to a pipe that froze." "Plumbing behind & below the older 2nd fl. tub, needs to be checked by lic. plumber; much water leaked through the 1st fl. BR ceiling after this tub was filled and drained. Quantity of water likely shows this isn't merely due to overflow drain." The buyers backed out of the contract due to the inspection's "major plumbing issues". Northwest Plumbing fit me into their schedule despite my limited availability (I'm moving out-of-state and given notice at my job and my life is hectic and filled with chaos). They fixed the leak in the crawlspace and checked the bathtub. The tub is an old steel tub, and they couldn't replace the gasket without damaging the tub, but they were able to use caulk and a new overflow plate (the inspector had damaged the existing one during the inspection) to resolve the problem. The total cost of fixing these "major plumbing issues" was under $250. I tested the bathtub fix today - filled the tub to overflow... let the overflow run a while, then drained the tub. NO water in the first floor bedroom. Of course, this doesn't undo the fact the prospective buyers backed out due to inspection... but I'm prepared for the next ones! Thanks, Northwest Plumbing!

Description of Work
Repair leak in crawlspace and overflow drain in bathtub (including caulk)

07/26/2014

Catherine & CAROL B.

Fast and excellent job! Also gave good information about cleaning faucet-- vinegar takes lime deposits right off! Will definitely use this company again!

Description of Work
Repaired leaking kitchen faucet and undersink pipe which had become dislodged.

05/14/2014

beth H.

We use them regularly. The last time we used them everything was pretty much fine. Their price was within range and their quality was good.

Description of Work
Northwest Plumbing, Co., replaced our water heater in our condo building.

Category water heater repair

03/15/2014

John N.

Plumber arrived on time, he was very professional and completed the work and was very careful to clean up afterwards.

Description of Work
Installed hot-water recirculating pump (pump & by-pass valve provided by me) on my water tank and installed the bypass valve under bathroom sink on second floor and rodded clogged kitchen drain.

03/10/2014

Richard D.

Very efficient, neat and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced rinsing unit at kitchen sink and rodded several drains

01/22/2014

John N.

Quote just for pump. N.W. Plumbing did a great job--installed the re-circulating system & rodded the drain with no mess or fuss.

Description of Work
Cleaned clogged kitchen drain. Installed a customer supplied hot water re-circulating pump & by pass valve. Price was less than others.

Category phone wiring, wells, drain cleaning

12/03/2013

Shannon S.

Mr. Krueger was extremely accommodating on the phone to set up the appointment, was on time, efficient & very personable. I would highly recommend them and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Had a severe clog in the bathroom sink. Water would not drain at all. Tried plunging & over the counter drain cleaners to no avail.

Category drain cleaning

12/02/2013

Ellen W.

He came when he said he would come, did the job quickly and neatly, and was very good. I particularly appreciated that he came the morning I called, rather than making me wait 2-3 days.

Description of Work
He replaced a leaking pipe for my kitchen sink.

11/29/2013

ILEEN L.

It's Sunday night and I discover standing water in my furnace room by the drain. Monday morning, I'm on the phone calling a number of plumbers and handymen. Thank goodness I called Northwest Plumbing because they were able to respond to the emergency situation and come out two hours later-- no one else was even sure they could guarantee to make out that day. They were fast, professional and competitively priced. They are now my go-to plumbing company.

Description of Work
Replaced the ejector pump

10/14/2013

Shannan M.

He did an excellent job. The new configuration works better and also gives me more storage space under the sink. He was prompt, friendly, competent and professional.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak under the kitchen sink and reconfigured and replaced a few pipe segments.

08/12/2013

Robert H.

They are fabulous. I give them all A's.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category drain cleaning

07/01/2013

Florence B.

It turned out that they piping was so decayed from years of use, that it was rusting from the inside and causing blockage. When he took the pipe off, it actually crumbled. He replaced this. The second time they came out, they repaired the bathroom sink. It looked like it was leaking into the decorative cabinetry that it sets on. It turned out that the cartridge in the fixture needed to be replaced. This stopped the leaking. We even had them out for a third job. I had a clogged bathtub drain. I had another company come and rod it out and two or three months later it would be clogged again. Northwest found out that the drainage mechanism in the drain pipe had broken and fallen down towards the bottom of the piping, causing a blockage. So, any residue got caught on the metal and created a blockage. No one else was able to discover this until Northwest found it. He also added a new seal to the base on the toilet. I was very pleased with the work and the quality of their work. They two gentlemen, who are brothers, were very personable.

Description of Work
They repaired what I thought was a clogged drain in the kitchen sink.

02/22/2013

Gabriel C.

Excellent service! Always professional, easy to deal with, and fairly priced.

Description of Work
Jim installed a new ejector pump and valve, and a sump-pro maxx battery back-up system.

Category plumbing, wells

07/23/2012

Gabriel C.

I called Jim from northwest plumbing on Wednesday 07/18/12, he was able to come out the same day and inspect what plumbing work i needed. I walked him through everything we needed and asked me how soon I was looking to get the work done. We agreed on Monday and he informed me he would have an estimate by Friday. I received the estimate Friday afternoon and agreed to all the repairs. He showed up on time, worked efficiently and completed all the work in less than 4 hours. He cleaned up after himself and left no mess. I would highly recommend Northwest plumbing! Thanks Jim for the good work.

Description of Work
Install new gas line to new stoveinstall new water supply line to refrigeratorInstall new water supply shut off valveReplace hallway toilet drain pipe and rod bathtub drain

DRF Water Heating Solutions

***As a recognized Essential Services Business, WE ARE OPEN to assist you with your water heater and plumbing needs!*** DRF is Chicagoland's leading installer of tankless and conventional hot water heaters. We are also specialists in tankless water heaters. DRF Water Heating Solutions is licensed in plumbing, RPZ/Backflow prevention and irrigation/sprinkler systems. DRF is a utility company trade ally that provides energy efficiency assessments and improvements to residential, commercial and multi-familty properties with guaranteed financial and energy savings. 2009 national Home Depot Service Provider of the Year. 2010 recipient of the the Business Ledger’s Annual Awards for Business Excellence. Better Business Bureau A+ rating. 2011 and 2012 Home Depot Store Choice Mechanical Service Provider of the Year. Recognized by Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program and Energy Solutions Center for custom energy-saving design-build solutions. IDPH plumbing license # 055-028138. Call by 2 p.m. weekdays or noon on Saturdays and have your service performed the same day. 24-hour emergency service.

Mattco Plumbing Inc.

Are you searching for a reliable, honest plumber in Chicago, IL, that offers fast, professional service who is easy to do business with? If so, Mattco Plumbing, Inc. is the plumbing company for you! We Offer Free Estimates and if it’s a smaller project you can text us some pictures of the project and we can provide you an estimate via text. We understand that you are busy and there are better things to do then wait around all day for a plumber to show up. Just give us a call, text or write us an e­mail to discuss your plumbing / sewer needs.

Harjonil Sewer Services, Inc.

My specialties are water lines, sewer, gas lines, and drain services. I provide timely and excellent services at a reasonable price. My work is guaranteed and my prices are below the competition. I service the Chicago, suburbs and Wisconsin area. I am here to fix your water/gas problems. I've been in business for nine years, and independently two years. I am owner-operated. Please reach us at (708) 970-5287.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover