Nombach Roofing & Tuckpointing

Founded 1969 • With Angi since June 2002

819 N Milwaukee Ave 819 N. Milwaukee

Chicago, IL 60642

2015 Super Service Award Winner for Roofing and award winning accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. We are a "full-service" family-owned and operated business providing "Old World Craftsmanship" backed by decades of service. Our motto is: "A family business, big enough to get the job done, small enough to care". Choosing the right contractor can be a daunting task. It is our privilege to make your choice as painless as possible by simply delivering every promise made with incredible value. Insurance claims use this link: http://nombach.com/insurance-claims.aspx...

08/01/2022

Robert K.

The tuck pointed face brick looks amazing. I'm very pleased with the work that was done. Grinding out the old mortar. Color matching to the existing mortar on those portions that didn't require tuck pointing.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing in several areas especially on my red face brick as well as several sections on my common brick.

Category masonry

03/25/2022

Michael R.

Nombach Home Exteriors is a company that my wife and I would recommend. Although we had a little bit of a rocky start, all worked out well. We initiated contact with the company in August 2021 and spoke with a representative who shortly thereafter left the company. Our initial preliminary estimate was lost in the shuffle; but, when we followed up with the company a week or so later, George Skirha was quick to respond and helped us with our needs. He walked us through the entire project process; and he was professional, thorough, sincere, and accommodating - especially with our endless questions. He was also quick to respond to phone calls and texts. Given the company’s work orders, the weather, and factors due to the pandemic, the work took 4 months to complete. George made us aware of these delays before we signed our contract, so we’d know what to expect. Work started in October with a new chimney cap. Mike and his crew followed. They did a great job with the roof itself, and addressed all issues that presented after the tear off. Jovani and his crew handled the soffits, gutters, downspouts, and minimal siding work well. Jeremy and his team finished the job in February by installing the new attic windows quickly and professionally. Each group went above and beyond to complete the work to our satisfaction. Cleanup was continual and as thorough as possible, given fallen leaves and snow. All crew members were courteous, respectful, and helpful. Since our work was extensive, it was an expensive project. However, the cost was comparable to other roofer estimates. There were no major issues that arose after the tear off; and when all was said and done, we paid no more than the estimate we were given. We had a great experience with Nombach.

Description of Work
We needed a complete roof tear off and installation of new architectural shingles, with removal and replacement of soffits, gutters, downspouts, attic windows, and chimney cap.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, chimney caps

03/25/2022

Erica J.

When I purchased my home YEARS ago, they installed my new roof. I can't remember who recommended them. When they replaced my entire roof, the crew arrived on time and work efficiently until the end of the job. At the close of the job, they cleaned everything. I did not see traces of them being at my house. My neighbors complimented how well they did the job and the clean-up. So naturally when I had a small leak in the roof, I called them. They immediately responded. Due to COVID there was a wait. I expected that, however, they kept in constant contact. The weather was a challenge, scheduling me was also a challenge, along with my travel, but I trust them. When I was put on the schedule, they called. Again, I didn't know they were at my house. The work was done with excellence and so was the clean-up. I live in the Roseland area and have definitely recommended them to all my neighbors. They will be my contractor for my new windows and tuck-pointing when I'm ready. Nombach is awesome!!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category awnings

03/19/2022

Geraldine H.

Nombach did and outstanding job on the project work I needed done. The windows they replaced were very old looked to be the original windows when the house was built. They were prompt with their arrival time and one day the weather was bad (snow & Rain) they were not able to work outside. They called and notified me that they would not be able to work outside do to weather conditions. When they finished the work the house looked great and the new windows and siding gave the house a really nice new look. I would highly recommend Nombach for exterior work on your home.

Description of Work
I needed new basement windows, Door, gutter end cap, porch repair, and siding

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

12/17/2021

Brian M.

I contacted Nombach Roofing after being referred by a friend who had used the company and was pleased with the services provided.I had contacted several other roofing companies for estimates prior to contacting Nombach.Cliff came to my house to give me a estimate along with several options.I decided to go with Nombach for my roofing project and was subsequently contacted by Tony to set up a date and time.The agreed upon date came and the crew arrived at my house on time and got right to work.The crew completed the work and cleaned the area properly before leaving.I recontacted Tony a few weeks after the project was completed and informed him that i wished to go up on the roof to inspect the work.Tony told me no problem and set up a date and time to come out and take me on the roof to inspect the work.I have been very pleased with the work performed by Nombach and would hire them again and refer them to others.I found Nombach's prices to be competitive and the customer service to be GREAT!!!

Description of Work
I had leaking water coming from my bathroom ceiling when raining or snowing.

08/21/2021

Jordan G.

Love this company! Our front and back wood porches desperately needed replacing, so we reached out for quotes. Despite the height of pandemic upgrade season and this being a relatively small job, Nombach got back to us quickly with a quote (even offering potential money saving options). We were scheduled faster than anticipated, team was courteous and efficient, and porches look great. Even replaced a knotty spindle quickly and without issue. Everyone we dealt with - admin staff to the crew - were great. What a refreshing change. Would call them back for any project they can handle.

Description of Work
replacing front/back porches

Category awnings, decks

08/07/2021

Anita W.

Extremely well! Punctual, very professional; completed work on schedule; completely cleaned up. They were able to match the brick of my 84 year Chicago bungalow. They also put a new roof on my house about 15 years ago. No problems with the roof either.

Description of Work
Soffit and facia; gutters

Category gutter repair

09/20/2020

Frank G.

The workers did an excellent job with the roof and cleanup. They took the time to do it right. Even though it was originally to be a one day job, it was so windy on the installation day they had to leave but came back at 7:00 AM the next day to finish the job. I definitely plan to use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced roof which had problem areas around dormers.

Category awnings, roofing

09/09/2020

Vanesse H.

They came out. They gave me an estimate. They contractor came while I was at work. They resolve my concerns and their customer is excellent to work with.

Description of Work
replace roof and installed leaf gutters

07/18/2020

Fran M.

The entire staff was a pleasure to speak with...they quoted me a competitive price and provided quality & prompt service!

Description of Work
Removed Satellite Dish & Replaced shingles

Category awnings, roofing

06/16/2020

Allison P.

The project was completed efficiently and professionally. I am very pleased with the work and the price did not break my budget.

Description of Work
Downspout relocation/replacement and gutter replacement.

Category awnings, gutter repair

01/20/2020

Josephine W.

The work was completed sooner and faster than I expected. The cost was the lowest I had received. I am very pleased with the work and since they do other types of work on homes, they can expect more calls for work from this very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Replacement of roofing

01/14/2020

Tracey S.

I received great service and communication at all stages. The pricing was reasonable for services rendered. Scheduling the installation was timely. The installers' craftsmanship and professionalism were excellent.

Description of Work
Removal of existing 20 year old shingle roofing and installation of new roofing. Service performed on detached garage and residence.

12/27/2019

Monique C.

The reason I decided to do business with Nombach is because their history and good reviews, unfortunately I didn't have a good experience with this company. Around the end of August I called Nombach for a quote due to a leaking chimney that caused interior damage to my new home that I just purchased less than 6 months prior. Stephen Carter was the rep that came out to access the damage determine the problem and give me a quote to replace a dual chimney (fireplace and furnace). 3 months prior he came out and quoted me $3800 for the same job. Finally 3 weeks later I received the new quote of $3200, still a little high but due to the critical need to get it done to avoid more damage, I decided to go forward with the job. Mr. Carter stated it would take about 3 weeks to order the parts and get them in. Another 4 weeks passed spoke to Stephen at that time he was waiting on the crew. Maybe a week later nothing and I questioned whether the company was capable of handling the job. Not only was Mr. Carter aware of how critical it was to get the job done ASAP but he saw the damage with his own eyes. I reiterated how everytime it rained it caused me anxiety because I knew the damage it was causing which would cause me more money in the long run. Stephen assured me yes, the part was in their warehouse, they are working on pulling a permit, coordinating with the crew for the best day and time. There was alot of rainy days and by this time very cold days where weather was not permissable for the install. But there was countless days that the weather was perfect and nothing...fast forward we are now in late November and no date has been set for the install, countless text, phone calls were made and each time Mr. Carter was working on getting my chimney fixed. He assured me multiple times that he is working on it.. After no information was given to me or a date for the install still wasn't set I decided to email the OM and VP. I received a message from the VP stating that there was a delay due to ordering parts and weather. I called back to the office this time speaking with the OM, whom is the uncle of Mr. Carter, he informed me that the ball was dropped and Mr. Carter did absolutely nothing. They were not even aware of my order, no parts were ordered, no permit ordered, no contract on file, nothing, zinch. Why the VP did not have this same story I do not know. I was devestated by the news, and no explanation as to why could be given. At that time Mr. Carter was out with no holiday pay. The OM wanted to rectify the situation by getting the install done asap. I requested a discount due to my experience and he declined stating that he had no wiggle room on the price due to Mr. Carter under quoting me, nothing else was offered for my disappointments. He stepped up and got it done within a two weeks time, with only one installer. I had a few concerns about the finished install because it wasn't completed to satisfaction. Time will tell if it was done properly. I did reach out to the OM requesting additional info including the status of Mr. Carter for some reason he refused to respond by email. He informed me that Mr. Carter was out on leave and that he thinks he's on drugs. The only analogy thatIi could come up with was that Mr. Carter intended to use my business for his own personal, selfish reasons and pocket the money for himself, therefore there maybe a crew thats in on it as well. I will not be doing business with this company again and I hope that they get rid of Mr. Carter because of his actions and if he did it to me he will do it to anyone else.

Description of Work
Replace chimney housing

Category chimney repair

10/10/2019

Geraldine H.

They did an excellent. The price was reasonable, and responsive when I called them.

Description of Work
Window and Chimney installation

Category roofing, replacement windows

07/13/2019

Thomas P.

I don't have any problem with it and they're professional and friendly.

Description of Work
They replace the roof on the building and they repair the roof on the garage.

06/27/2019

Derez L.

Their estimates were good compared to other roofers. Customer Service was great. They arrived within the time stated, used quality materials and cleaned up when finished. I highly recommend Nombach roofing , you WON'T be disappointed !!!

Description of Work
Partial Tear off

05/29/2019

Sandra W.

Everything looks great. They were on time, and when they left was clean and in place. The workers were very professional and polite.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen window, falling brick on side of building and rear door canopy.

Category awnings, concrete repair, masonry, replacement windows

08/07/2018

kelley T.

Salesman came out and quoted me a price of 4200.00. for a 2 garage rood, tear off and replacement. He was to get back to me on financing and never got back to me. I have used them once before. This is not the first time that this salesman did not follow up with me. He made this company lose a lot a money from me.

Description of Work
I wanted to install a garage roof.

07/09/2018

Ashley F.

The estimate was spot on and the work was completed 1 day early. Quick cleanup and contacted a month later to make sure everything was Nombach Roofing made, what I thought was going to be a difficult, trying experience, into something that I can truly call wonderful. Their quote was very detailed and every question my husband and I had was answered. I received quotes from several roofing companies and was left with doubt and concerns. Not with Nombach! To ensure that everything was completed properly, Jack Weber climbed on my roof both before and after the job was finished. During construction the crew working on my house was professional and efficient. Shockingly, the job was finished a day EARLIER than expected!!! I highly recommend Nombach Roofing company for all of your home exterior needs!

Description of Work
Roof Installation

06/15/2018

Love M.

Mark Weber is the manipulative sales rep of Nobach Roofing. He came armed with a thick manual full of thousands of alleged references too small to read and no contact info. I’m addition there was a mistake on his insurance paper. Mark asked to read another roofers contract then he also asked for a copy however, I refused to give it to him. He only used that to double his estimate that comes with no warranty because he thinks we’re desperate. He lied about always using ice and water shield over all pitched roofs when in fact the standard contract that he emailed me has it penciled in at the bottom. Mark agreed to a two year contract yet it was not included on the contract. I don’t trust him or this company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

02/02/2018

Renee W.

They were so nice answered all my questions when I was getting a quote. Came out a few weeks later (today) in the below 10 degree weather and replaced my gutter. Other companies (5 of those companies were from this website with a A rating) gave me the run around, didn't show up or didn't give me a quote in writing one even told me I had to contact my other 5 neighbors for the repair because he thought all of our gutters were connected. (I have a row home with out a HOA). Nombach was the best company for the job I tried 6 other companies. The price was great not too cheap not to expensive. I have more work to do on the exterior of my home and they will my first call. I really enjoyed working with them. They knew what they were talking about from the start! They completed the work quickly and were on TIME!

Description of Work
New Gutter and slanted vent replacement.

10/01/2017

A. M.

It went well. The estimator Jack was excellent. He listened to our needs and provided the estimate.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement for the entire home.

08/26/2017

Tyrone W.

They were great I called to tell them what I wanted Mark Weber came out to go over how much it will cost and what I will be getting. They are the best especially Mark Weber.

Description of Work
They install gutters around my new home that I bought, back and front.

Category gutter repair

08/08/2017

Sandra W.

They were excellent! They gave me a senior citizen discount as well as a $50 gas card through a promotion they offered to previous customers. I like how neatly they work, they really clean up well. The installers as well as the sales reps are just really nice people. I will definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
I've used their services 3 different times. They installed fencing and a gate as well as a front door and a storm door.

Category fencing, doors

North Shore Brickwork and Windows, Inc

North Shore has practiced to provide high quality Brick repair and Window Installations for over 30 years. North Shore Brickwork and Windows craftsmanship is second to none with our superior team of experts. We administer restoration of exteriors from the effects of environmental factors this includes brick repair and window installations.

LG Maintenance and Repair

Specializing in masonry, tuckpointing, chimney repairs, gutters, roof repairs, soffit, windows and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    $75.00

2015 Super Service Award Winner in Roofing! Shingle & flat roof repairs & replacements. Aluminum & commercial gutters. Decks & porches. Leaf free gutter guards. Tuckpointing. Rebuilding chimneys & parapet walls. Stainless steel chimney liners. Vinyl replacement windows & wood windows. Glass block windows. Entry & security doors. Siding. Fascia & soffit trim. Attic insulation. Awnings. Concrete-pouring & repair. Skylights. Fences.