Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2009

Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings of Chicago offers Angie's List members in search of floor or window coverings "top notch" customer service and great low total cost savings PLUS special "ask for Angie's list discount" savings available just for the asking. By “Bringing the Showroom to You”

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

Nationwide Floor and Window CoveringsMobile ShowroomA Service Provider's profile image

flooring (166)window treatment (85)carpet installation (52)hardwood floors (34)tile installation (22)general contractors (4)floor cleaning (1)window replacement (1)carpet cleaning (1)

06/23/2021

Susan F.

They were super professional and fast. They went above and beyond and we loved working with them. We would highly recommend them and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They installed new laminate flooring.

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

11/01/2020

JOHN P.

It went well. The crew was on time, moved furniture that needed to be moved, cleaned up after themselves and efficiently completed the project. Oh, and the carpet was properly installed. I was happy.

Description of Work
Replaced carpeting in living room and dining room

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/03/2019

John B.

After speaking to several contractors, I hired Nationwide to install Alta shades (roller and honeycomb) for all of the windows in my condominium. I've lived with those shades for three months now. They are working well; they seem to have been installed well. If I were going to do everything over again, I would choose Nationwide again.

Description of Work
Install shades throughout condominium

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

06/27/2019

Reid J.

In June, 2019, we wanted to have our floors redone in our attic, so my husband and I got in touch with Charles Jones of Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings. Our plan was to make our attic into an office for Reid. Charles, who’d given us an estimate a few years before, was extremely helpful and patient, explaining all our options in carpeting, vinyl or both! In addition, the previous owner installed only part of the subfloor in the attic, so the NFW installers needed to complete the subfloor before we could have carpeting installed. We also asked if they could install baseboards around the perimeter and that was a no problem! After Alex and his assistant completed the new subfloor, on the evening before the carpet installation, I moved a table in the area on the original subfloor to discover that a chunk of the floor was missing and covered by the table stand! I hadn't noticed this before and worried if the carpeting installers could fix this gap. I frantically called Charles, who reassured me he’d have Alex come back the next morning to plug it up. Charles took this last minute surprise in stride and his professional coordination of our project made the entire experience a big success! It’s no longer an attic, it’s a beautiful office space, with our lovely French Toast carpeting! The pricing was very fair. It really was a pleasure working with the NFW flooring / carpeting experts and above all, Charles! I look forward to working with Charles and NFW again soon! Nationwide Floor and Window Coverings [*** Link removed ***] 5202 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60625 (773) 935 8700

Description of Work
Part of a subfloor had to be installed, then carpeting over the entire area in the large room in our attic

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

03/27/2019

Matthew P.

A completely spectacular job. Done on time, professionally, attention to detail, on time. Great quality for the cost. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Install laminate floor in living room, kitchen and hallways

Category flooring contractor, window treatments

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

02/11/2019

Alexander W.

Nationwide was great to work with. They came out before we closed to get details for the estimate. They were sensitive to our limited budget and kept us informed as the project progressed.

Description of Work
Removed carpet from a three bedroom house including, living room, dining room and hallway. Replaced quarter round in all rooms after carpet was removed

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

08/27/2018

Vincent S.

Robbie did a great job removing the old blinds and installing new ones on 9 windows. He was punctual, clean, and did the job quickly. I would recommend Nationwide Floor and Window Covering for window treatments to anybody who needs similar work done.

Description of Work
New window blinds in 3 bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

08/27/2018

Vincent S.

Charles, John and his team were fantastic to work with. They did an excellent job removing our old carpeting and finishing the hardwood underneath in two large bedrooms. The crew managed to carefully move our furniture around to get the carpeting out. A week later with the rooms emptied, they finished the hardwood, trim work and stain. I would recommend Nationwide Floor and Window coverings for anyone looking to do similar work.

Description of Work
Removal of carpeting and finishing hardwood floors

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

06/25/2018

JACK H.

On time, quick installation. Installer discovered one blind was not to spec, reordered and came back to reinstall, no charge. VG experience.

Description of Work
New window blinds

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/03/2018

Carl G.

Charles is extremely responsive and organized. He knows his craft and made sure to communicate thoroughly throughout the process. During the estimate, he provided information and insight into different areas of the home, and with his advice, we ended up leaving a portion of the tile alone, and only removing the previous laminate floor elsewhere. Because of that, he recommended a few options of flooring to go with the existing cabinets and tile. The estimate was not the least expensive, nor was it the most expensive, however Charles seemed to be the most organized and prepared, which is why we chose him. The install was scheduled, and the team arrived and performed the services like clockwork. slightly over 2 days to take out the old, smooth the cement to allow for a flat surface, and reinstall. They requested that we move small items, but they moved the big items (like bed and couch, for example). Easy to deal with, and the flooring continues to look great.

Description of Work
New LVP floors installed, old floors removed, cement pad smoothed.

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

05/30/2018

Dana H.

Highly recommended: not only was Nationwide flexible with the project start date when we learned that the flooring we ordered would arrive sooner than expected, they were very communicative about every step of the project. We are very pleased with their work!

Description of Work
Removed carpet from three rooms and laid engineered wood flooring

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

02/01/2018

Richard K.

Excellent work, and in half the time estimated. It looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced carpeting with wood flooring in a bedroom.

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

Review for Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings - 5202 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL - 36798922

11/18/2017

Lynne B.

Charles was a pleasure to work with. I had never done a major home remodeling project like this and he helped me review samples, explained the process and preparations thoroughly, and invited me to see one of his jobs in progress nearby so that I could get a sense of the process. I had done my own prior research and taken 3 quotes, and Nationwide came out best in terms of materials, details in the quote, and cost. I have heat in the floor so it was very important to have a contractor who understood how to work with it. Charles came the first morning of the project with his crew, and periodically throughout the project. They arrived promptly every morning, moved furniture when needed, and cleaned up well at the end of each day. They pointed issues out to me as they arose, and there were a couple of concerns about floor prep materials, levelness of completed sections, and finishes on the baseboard that we discussed with Charles and resolved. The day the job began there was a medical emergency in my family that required me to move a sick relative into my home before the job was fully complete. They expedited completion of his room and other areas he would need access to, and were very thoughtful and respectful of the overall situation. This installation was 3 years ago, so it's taken me some time to get back to write the review, but it's also given me time to live with the floors over time. The materials and workmanship have held up beautifully over this time. The engineered hardwood floors maintain their luster and warmth, and are durable yet easy to walk on. The porcelain tile has subtle gradations of color like river rocks, it is beautiful and always receives compliments.

Description of Work
I had had carpet in my condo and linoleum tile. I wanted all new flooring throughout - 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room and dining room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

11/13/2017

John S.

Charles Jones, owner, arrived at the house with samples as promised and provided an estimate for the project. Work was started about a week afterwards. The 2 man installation crew arrived on time and was courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. They answered all my questions as the work progressed which included putting down a skim coat of floor leveler on the concrete floor before installing the 665 square feet of tile, and then finishing off the job with cove base around the perimeter of the basement. The crew cleaned up all the debris after the job was done. The project was completed in one and a half days. I would definitely hire this company again for any future projects.

Description of Work
Basement floor tile was replaced.

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

10/06/2017

Michael C.

The entire process from scheduling appointments, selecting the window treatments, and getting the final installation was easier than I anticipated. The only person I needed to contact was owner of the company who coordinated the entire project. I would definitely recommend Nationwide Floor and Window Coverings.

Description of Work
Replace all existing window treatment with new window treatment

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

10/04/2017

Cheryl I.

The installers did an excellent job. They anticipated issues with the installation and we talked them out fully before they continued. They were personable very neat during and after the job.

Description of Work
I had new carpet installed on the stairs of my house. The stairs had curved sections between the floors and it was a challenging job. The salesman presented a wide array of carpet samples from which we could choose.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

06/09/2017

Mary K.

Wonderful, the process was easy from start to finis. The salesman Charles was knowledgeable and helpful. The installer Luis was professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
My basement family room needed a new floor. They installed vinyl plank flooring

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

06/05/2017

Joe B.

Set up an appointment with Charles Jones to discuss options to cover nine windows in our sun room. He was punctual, and he brought sample books to review. Initially, we thought we would use solar shades to match the other windows downstairs, and Charles quoted a price. After some additional thought, we chose cordless cellular shades, and Charles again came out a second time to re-measure and re-quote the job. We are extremely pleased, not only with the finished product, but also with the quick production time. We had some work being done on the sun room, and the cellular shades arrived shortly after completion of the work. Installation was handled flawlessly. Charles' price quotation was very competitive with both Budget Blinds and 3 Day Blinds. If we need window fashions in the future, we will most certainly contact Nationwide for a quote.

Description of Work
We ordered nine cordless cellular shades for our sun room.

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

04/26/2017

TEME R.

Beautiful work. Charles, who owns the business, is wonderful and very easy to work with and makes sure everything goes perfectly.

Description of Work
Install laminate wood floor in two rooms and new window treatments.

Category flooring contractor, window treatments

Work Completed On 04/26/2014

04/14/2017

Vincent B.

Charles was great from the beginning to the end. He was able to find a carpet within my budget and work with me while I was away out of the state. His installers were friendly and did an amazing job. Charles even reached out after the installation to make sure everything went ok. I highly recommend Nationwide Floor & Window Coverings.

Description of Work
Install carpet in a mezzanine/lofted bonus room.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

01/31/2017

Victor Q.

Charles at Nation Wide Floor Lamp and Window Covering was extremely professional. He offered excellent aesthetic advice, and we were extremely pleased with the final product. The future renters noticed 2-3 areas that required minor touch ups, and I asked Charles how I could resolve them. Charles offered to have his team visit the place and quickly took care of those areas. I would highly recommend working with this business and would do so again without reservation. Very professional, and very satisfied.

Description of Work
The service involved removing and installing laminate wood flooring in a two-bedroom garden level apartment. I am an out of town landlord, so much of the work was coordinated via Facetime.

Work Completed On 01/31/2017

01/17/2017

Phillip E.

They did a great job. They had to replace more boards that we thought, but fortunately we had enough spares. They quoted a very fair pricee an would have settled for that even though there was more work involved. We gave them some extra because we thought that was fair and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaceed some damaged laminate flooring for us.

Work Completed On 01/12/2017

11/17/2016

Zachary K.

Charles was great and will definitely use again. We bought a new home and needed to carpet the upstairs. Work we were doing on the house kept pushing back when they could install. Charles was incredibly patient and understanding as he held our carpet after order for multiple weeks. Also felt he was transparent and honest when working with him, no doubts about what we were buying and what was best for us.

Description of Work
Carpet upstairs and staircase

Category carpet installation