Moovers Chicago Inc

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2014

Moovers Chicago Inc. is a professional moving company, family owned and operated, located in Chicago that offers residential and commercial moving services throughout Illinois. Our movers are trained and tested before they become part of our staff. We specialize in studios, houses and 1, 2,

2022 Super Service Award

Professional Packing and Moving Services

movers

202060091
Moving a customer from a house to another.
View project

movers (23)

11/02/2022

Dina M.

They were efficient, kind, and very communicative! Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Moving large items from storage unit to apartment

Work Completed On 11/02/2022

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for entrusting your move to us. We are happy to hear that your entire experience was professional and positive. We would love to work with you again in the future should a project arise that we can assist with. We hope you enjoy the upcoming holidays. The Moovers Chicago Team

10/30/2022

Frances S.

Excellent: the crew Pablo, Miguel and George were professional, efficient, and very kind. Thank you, guys!

Description of Work
Moving house

Work Completed On 10/30/2022

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for entrusting your move to us! We are happy to hear that Pablo and crew did an exceptional job for you and were professional and efficient. Don't hesitate to call us for your next project! The Moovers Chicago Team

09/08/2022

Victor G.

We made the right choice! The move was local (within a few blocks) but the extra help was desperately needed. Marcos and his crew showed up early, sprang right to work, moved like mad men, and got everything to the new house in a lot less time than was quoted. I'd happily recommend and most definitely use Moovers services (especially Marcos and his crew) again!!! Thanks, guys!

Description of Work
Moved within town, less than a mile but a LOT of stuff within the home

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

07/29/2022

John A.

Our team of four Moovers (Enrique, Juan, Angel, and Victor) was on time, friendly, professional, organized,, experienced, efficient. They honored all of our special requests and worked well as a team. We are already scheduled to use Moovers again for our move from storage to our new home. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moved From 3Bd Condo to a storage unit

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 39819156

09/19/2021

Elias T.

Enrique, Juan, Nick, and Jesús were everything you would want from a moving team. They were punctual, quick, helpful, and extremely professional throughout the entire experience. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Multiple moves and Moovers always does a great job. These guys did not disappoint!

Description of Work
House move

Work Completed On 09/18/2021

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 39483248

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for booking your move with us! We are always humbled by praise from our loyal returning customers. We are so happy that our crew gave you such amazing service and that you'll be recommending us in the future; we look forward to working with you again. The Moovers Chicago Team

08/21/2021

Julia L.

Enrique, Abner, Maruin, and Nick were so fast and helpful! They moved us quickly even though it was so hot and humid outside and they had to lug our sectional couch up and down stairs. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Moving condos in the city!

Work Completed On 08/21/2021

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 39452580

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business! We pride ourselves with the ability to work in any weather; rain, snow, and shine! We are definitely missing some of that humidity right now and we hope you're staying warm. We are glad that we were able to accommodate your sectional with the challenge of the stairs and that we got you all settled in. Please think of us in the future should you need relocation services. The Moovers Chicago Team

02/22/2021

Marques G.

Great service and team! Very efficient quick and professional. Would definitely recommend and plan on using for future move. Movers were on time, followed covid guidelines, estimate was accurate... can’t say enough, great team and highly recommended!

Description of Work
Moving Residence

Work Completed On 02/21/2021

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 39206180

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for entrusting your move to us. We are so glad to hear that our crew was professional and organized; we take pride in being efficient and helpful. We hope that you are staying warm and safe and we hope that you think of us again for your next move. The Moovers Chicago Team

Brandon P.

Went smoothly. Good communication. Very fast yet careful handling.

Description of Work
Professional Moving Services

Work Completed On 01/16/2021

[Member Name Removed], it was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. Moovers Chicago team

Alex T.

Excellent. Crew on time, no issues.

Description of Work
Moving 1 tub

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

[Member Name Removed], we greatly appreciate your feedback and your business. Moovers Chicago team

Lisa J.

It was Excellent Customer Service!! Protected my items. Followed Directions and Affordable. They arrived on time.

Description of Work
Moving services

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. Have a great evening! Moovers Chicago team

01/08/2021

Gustav R.

These guys did an amazing job. They managed to be careful, fast, and efficient. They completed the move right after a snowstorm, too! Enrique, Abner, and Marvin managed to finish the job in under 3 hours and were incredibly helpful and quick. They were kind to our dog, careful with all our furniture, and very personable. I would recommend them to anyone, and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 39124141

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for the feedback. Hope you will create lots of nice memories in the new place. Moovers Chicago team

01/01/2021

Hannah F.

The Moovers of Chicago were a fantastic team who took great care with our belongings and had a wonderful group demeanor. Enrique, Abner, Rodrigo, Sebastián and Lino were so kind to us and our dog. They helped us double wrap our larger pieces to ensure their safety while traveling and deliver it to our new home in the city from the suburbs. Would highly recommend them for your next move! Friendly, fast and affordable.

Description of Work
Full Service Move

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

[Member Name Removed], it was a great pleasure working with your family. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Moovers Chicago team

06/02/2020

Paula D.

These guys were GREAT! Edgar, Lino, Gregorio, and Francisco were fantastic. We had A LOT to move and they moved so efficiently and quickly. I cannot speak highly enough. I would strongly recommend this crew for any move you have. Wonderful, competent, and really nice guys.

Description of Work
Moving into new home

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

Review for Moovers Chicago Inc - 5359 N KEDZIE AVE, Chicago, IL - 38611372

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for recommending us on Angie's List. Moovers Chicago team

05/16/2020

Donna K.

I've used Moovers twice and I will use them again. Definitely the best movers in Chicago (special shoutout to Enrique, Gabriel, and Abner)! I highly recommend them. They are incredibly fast and efficient, and you will not regret hiring them. Also special shoutout to Sonia and Mari for being so polite and understanding with my scheduling needs. Last time, I contacted them like two days in advance (AND it was during the pandemic) and they were still able to get everything set up for me. Truly incredible work.

Description of Work
moved into storage

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Angie'[Member Information Removed] List. We love working with you.

11/21/2018

Jen P.

This team was exceptional! They were early, professional, flexible, and honest. They treated all of our items like it was their own and wrapped our items with care. They did what was estimated to be a six hour job in about half the time and only charged for the hours they worked and materials used. I highly recommend this company if you want a stress free move.

Description of Work
Short haul move

Work Completed On 10/06/2018

11/02/2018

Amanda S.

I was extremely satisfied with the professionalism and efficientcy of the three men who moved us. They were careful and very accommodating. I was dreading moving day due to past experiences but they made the day run smoothly. Not a single thing was damaged and we were done in a timely manner. I would with out a doubt recommend this moving company.

Description of Work
We moved from Lincoln Park to Buffalo Grove.

Category moving companies

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a feedback. Moovers Chicago team

10/30/2018

Tiffany F.

The Moovers crew showed up on time (a few minutes early even) and got right to work. These gentlemen are courteous, fast, and reliable. You are only charged for the time they are working and the materials they use. My final amount was less than the estimate because they finished almost 2 hours ahead of schedule. Great job and a great company to work with!

Description of Work
Moving from one home to another in Chicago

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

02/20/2017

Dana J.

Terrible. They put you in a bind, you pay a deposit and then go over the estimate because they move very slowly. My one friend who does catering moved a lot of my fragile things much faster than them. I also had help from my retired friends and another friend and her 2 kids, they were more efficient and faster than this moving company AND kept things organized AND didn't break or scratch anything. On the bright side, nothing was stolen, so compared to some moving horror stories, that's a good thing.

Description of Work
The best things I can say about them is: 1. They did indeed move me. 2. They were polite The problems: Compared to friends who moved recently: 1. They were way over-priced and the quote meant absolutely nothing. 2. Picked them because they had 100% positive reviews, something must be rigged, since they were far from a positive review. 3. Left a mess for me to clean up, that I'm still cleaning up. I work a lot and the extra work they made for me has left me buried in disorder and chaos. I'm only now getting to a point where things look good. 4. Were not efficient -- would take one thing at a time compared to other movers. 5. Left my new place in disarray. Furniture askew, stacked 3 deep and with the fronts to the wall instead of one item placed along each wall around the room furniture facing forward. That in itself merits a poor review. 6. Scratched antiques -- said would save me time not wrapping things because they were "very careful". Neither were true. 7. Broke box spring and put together bed to hide it. Ended up having to take whole thing apart to repair when it turned out they didn't put bed together right, one side was not in the slat properly and it slipped out and collapsed about a week after the move. 7. Rolled out my oriental rug, only to put couch on it askew and my desk slanted in the middle of the room slanted between the living room and sun room with stuff stacked all around. 8. No sense of order or professionalism. I was working in my old place and wasn't able to get someone to come and be on the other side to direct them, I trusted them to know how to do a move and to be professional and organized. That was my error, considering what I was paying them though for good service, it was a reasonable error on my part. I think they hoped I'd pay without looking at what they'd done. I paid anyway, even though it was way over the high estimate, and I still tipped them. I had to use all my cash (that was ear-marked for other things as I calculated the tip on the high end of the quote, even though I had exactly and specifically what I'd put on the estimate so I hadn't planned to have to tip more, I thought I had more than enough! I tipped 20%. Why? I guess I was in shock and didn't know what to do, and they did move me. Later, I had a couple of friends by to witness what happened. I didn't have more than I said, I counted everything, and had less than I had quoted so it seemed reasonable to think I'd be on the lower or mid end of the quote, not the high end or OVER the quote by 2 hours. I was moving in the same building from the 3rd to 1st floor, about 6-10 steps from one landing to the other. A month later, my friend hired another company and moved from her 1st floor apt across town, (about a 45 min drive) to a split level townhouse with stuff going to the basement, 1st and 2nd floor, this move was completed in a total of 3 hours with the same amount of stuff as me, if not more, INCLUDING THE DRIVE!!!!!!!!!! I was completely ripped off. I do NOT recommend these people at all.

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

[Member Name Removed], we would like to address some of your concerns, to the best of our ability, given that is been very long since we moved you. 1. When comparing prices, please make sure that you check if the other guys are licensed and insured because over 30% of the price you pay, goes to licensing and insurance fees. 2. There is nothing rigged about our company. As a result, as soon as we read your review, we contacted you and addressed your concerns, as much as we could, as we were never aware of anything you wrote here until months later, so we could not come and rearrange the furniture the way you would have liked it to be. 3. We are insured, so any damages to your furniture was covered, but you never mentioned this until 5 months later when a friend moved and her price came in lower, so you went on the website and wrote about it. 4. You are mentioning that you were working in your old place while the crew was moving your furniture. The quote given, $525, was to move your already packed place. If you were not packed, it does add A LOT of time to the move. Also, our clients are present at the new location, specifically to guide the crew where to put the furniture. 5. Yes, having a totally packed place and moving across town, can go faster than having a place that is unpacked and moving in the same building. 6. You are writing that your cost was $720. Your bill was $637.5. This was $112.5 over the quote given, but we were not aware that you will do the packing while the crew will be there to move you. 7. We understand that the move was not up to your expectations. We apologize, and we hope that our refund alleviated your bad experience with us. We wish you the best, Moovers Chicago team

07/27/2015

Penny G.

I highly recommend Moovers Chicago! Daniel maintained excellent contact before the move, his pricing was clear and upfront, and he arrived exactly on time. He and Gabrielle worked very hard, were friendly and careful with our belongings. The best part is that I contacted him on Thursday and he was able to move us on Saturday. I have moved 22 times and can say it was the best move yet!

Description of Work
Moved our one bedroom apartment.

Work Completed On 07/25/2015

A very late thank you for writing about your experience with us.

07/17/2015

vera P.

Excellent, smooth and professional. I'd highly reccomen them to anyone! Very responsive and took a great deal of care with my belongings!

Description of Work
Moved me from the city to the burbs

Work Completed On 05/25/2015

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

05/05/2015

Kathleen O.

My boyfriend and I used Moovers recently and were beyond impressed. Daniel and his team are true professionals. He responds promptly, shows up early and everything is incredibly thorough. We had a few tough pieces of furniture that they tried a variety of ways to get them into our apartment and were able to make it work, I don't believe other movers would have been so accommodating, determined and helpful in such circumstances. Best movers we've ever had, definitely using them again next time we move!

Description of Work
Provided a 4.5 hour move, with 2 stops. They moved everything out, down 4 flights of stairs and up into a second floor building via stairs.

Work Completed On 04/30/2015

Thank you so much.

04/12/2015

Hernan S.

We had everything ready to be moved that morning when it started to snow on March 23rd. The company we hired ditched us, never call to cancel and did not answer our calls (company we looked up on craigslist). Since we had everything packed for that day we called many different companies, professional ones. Nobody wanted to work on such an awful weather. So I made the last call to this company and they said YES right away. They were only two guys. They covered all my furniture and they were very careful carrying them. The other house we were moving has carpet floors upstairs and there was no need to ask them to take off their shoes, they did it before we say anything. These guys are very professional, fast and hard working. Paying a little more was worth it! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Move my condo from Chicago to Wheeling, IL 3rd floor no elevator

Work Completed On 03/23/2015

Thank you, [member name removed].