MB Design & Build

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2010

3628 N Western Ave

Chicago, IL 60618

MB Design is a boutique architectural design and construction company offering personalized design and construction services tailored to maximize your budget. We specialize in Architectural/Interior design and Full Home renovations....

05/06/2021

Vadim V.

If you are deciding between contractors, stop thinking about it and hire Martins, I promise you will be happy with your decision. It is hard for me to put into words what an unbelievable job Martins did with our built ins and how much I enjoyed working with him. My wife and I were nervous because we had never done any sort work on our home and finding Martins was a godsend. In all honesty we are very picky and sometimes hard to work with (just ask our wedding vendors haha) but I cannot think of one thing we would have change in our experience working with Martins and how the built ins turned out. He is very good at what he does and just a very honest guy that you can trust with your project. He cared about how everything would look and function almost more than we did if you can believe that. His attention to detail was impeccable and is exactly what you want when you are making a big change to your living space. Every one of our friends that come over are in awe of our new built ins. Martins is a true artist!

Description of Work
Built Ins in our family room

Category interior designers,lighting,home builders,woodworking

08/07/2017

matt M.

MB was fantastic. I originally booked a deal for a complete bathroom rehab but ended up doing a lot more. They were very clean, responsive and professional. The final project turned out much better than I had hoped for. I highly recommend them

Description of Work
Complete Bathroom Remodel

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,picture framing,handyman service,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters

Hello, please check your records for the name of the company who deserves your kind words. We have not done any work at that address.

02/22/2017

Rajan R.

I hired Martins to convert my two-unit rental property to a SFH in 2016 and I am thrilled with the results. What he was able to do with my budget is nothing short of amazing. Everyone person that has seen it has commented on how great the place looks and the attention to detail of the work. After a terrible start to the project with a crooked contractor I had started with, working with Martins has been an absolute joy to complete this undertaking. My project was to convert my rental property to a SFH. Martins took over a project that was a complete mess. I had been working previously with another contractor, to dig out the basement and do the conversion. After stealing much of my money and not getting the permits, I had a partially dug out basement and a gutted house. Martins took over and put together a plan of how to complete the project and started working with my bank for the arduous post-renovation value mortgage loan process. When I was looking for contractors, the most important attributes are integrity, passion for their trade, attention to detail, reliability, and creativity. Martins scores off the charts in all of these facets. Martins took existing design plans and redesigned it in a much more functional way to use the space. He was able to take blueprints and high level ideas to create elegant and sophisticated designs. Martins is one of the most honest people I have met. He is clear about the risks of doing something and gives his feedback on whether he thinks it is a good idea. Whenever something went wrong throughout the project, he brought it up quickly and let me know the options to resolve them. He also has negotiated back refunds for me from some sub-contractors when he thought there were issues with their work, although they were imperceptible to me. He also only works with tradespeople that have his similar attention to detail and integrity. In summary, I can’t recommend Martins enough. He is a joy to be around and his honesty and passion for his craft is evident in talking to him and seeing his work. His rates are extremely reasonable when you consider he has a formal design background and his planning and attention to detail minimizes/eliminates costs from rework or mistakes

Description of Work
Conversion of 2 unit rental property to single family home. Repair partially dug out basement and pour new floors.

Category interior designers,remodeling,home builders,architect,home remodeling,basement remodeling

06/22/2016

Jerrel B.

Overall we had a great experience with Martins. This was a rather large project that involved renovating the second and third floors in a vintage bank building into an over 5000 square foot personal residence. I had started this project with several other contractors, however they either did substandard and unsafe work, or ran off with thousands of dollars and never completed the job. Needless to say I was a bit nervous about starting the project again after my previous experiences. What I appreciated most was that he tried to make sure that he was the right man for the job and could bring additional value to the project beyond an ordinary contractor. I appreciated the vision and design elements that he brought to the project. We spent a few months on design. Martins was great at presenting ideas when I did not have a particular vision for a space. He was also great at incorporating our ideas as well. His years of construction experience combined with his design skills, helped us make elegant design choices that were also cost effective and functional. Once the work actually began, things moved along at a steady pace. There were no long gaps waiting for one trade to finish, in order to allow the next to work. The project seemed to be choreographed quite well in that regard. While the tradesman who worked on the project, were often just one or two people, I was impressed with pace at which they completed their work. The quality of the work was outstanding as well. We made many design changes along the way, and Martins was able to incorporate them. Any delays in the project were a result of our design changes or our delay in getting back to him with our choices of finishes. In the end, we were able to transform a dilapidated old bank building into a beautiful home. I could not be more pleased with the result. We completed the bulk of the work almost a year ago and Martins checks in periodically to make sure that everything is still to our satisfaction. Martins will always be my first choice any time I need any design and build work done. Indeed I have already consulted him on several other projects.

Description of Work
Martins (MB Design & Build) provided design services, and remodeling of a vintage bank into a single family residence.

Category interior designers,remodeling,architect,home remodeling

10/07/2015

Jay F.

We've called upon Martins twice. The first was over a year ago and involved upgrading our entire condo. Since we have a very small condo with minimal storage, we left Martins with with a logistics challenge and a good deal of work to complete while we were on vacation. Since he had worked hand in hand with us during the planning stage, we were confident that he knew what to do, but we were nevertheless nervous as we returned from our Panama Canal cruise. It's hard to express how pleased we were when we saw our new home. The transformation was simply amazing. Many months later a plumber hired by the condo association had an accident, flooding our entryway and, among other things, ruining a good deal of our newly installed flooring. Once again we turned to Martins with excellent results. Martins does quality work. He is skilled, efficient and collaborative, and he seems genuinely interested in his customers and committed to exceeding their expectations. I recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
New carpeting in bedroom. Hardwood floors in all other rooms except bathroom. All walls painted. New lighting installed. Closet doors installed. New closet and bathroom doors installed.

Category closet systems,electrician,hardwood floor,interior designers,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

06/16/2015

Carlos A.

Martins, did an incredible job of remodeling my place. He and his team removed an outdated fireplace, closed off some awkward and unnecessary openings on both bedroom walls facing the interior of the unit, replaced the flooring in the entire unit, the guest bath vanity and updated fixtures, built custom entertainment center, built a custom walk in closet, and finally, a new kitchen. Martins provided me with complete transparency from day one. I knew what was going on during every stage, I had his guidance on materials and finishes I needed to select to complete the job and he provided clear communication on when work would be completed. There were no surprises along the way. It was difficult and long process not just because of the amount of work being done, but, because I decided part of the way through to go ahead and remodel the kitchen. This, of course, changed the timeline considerably, but Martins was very helpful and supportive during the entire process and nothing was left to chance. I learned a lot from the experience. I am very happy with the finished product and given the option or choice, I would definitely work with him again and I wholeheartedly recommend his work. If you're new to remodeling or a first-timer like me, make sure you grasp the idea of lead times. Have an idea of what you will need to purchase and start off doing your homework early and it will make the process go that much smoother. Martins at MB Design & Build will give you a great space at a fair price and he's a really nice guy as well. I can honestly say he's more than just my contactor, he's a friend. Thanks!

Description of Work
The provider, Martins, remodeled my condominium unit.

Category interior designers,remodeling,fireplaces,custom furniture,home remodeling

04/15/2015

Leslie and Nathan C.

We had them out and they were fantastic. They were incredibly helpful. They came out and looked at everything. They never did the design but they looked and told us it was going to be a lot of extra work. I would definitely recommend them. They were honest, helpful and respectful.

Category decks

02/18/2015

DAPHNE D.

The service provider was very prompt and on time for our appointment. I also appreciated his honesty regarding winterizing our family room doors. After speaking with him, we decided to hold off on winterizing the doors and instead replaced them more than a year later (we used someone that my husband knew for that job). However, I'd definitely consider using him if I needed other work done at our home.

Description of Work
Had contacted for an estimate to winterize some doors and windows.

Category interior designers,replacement windows,doors

07/02/2014

Lance S.

It went fine. At the end of the day, he agreed with our thinking on the design. That's, in part, because the space was pretty limited so that there wasn't that much choice. But he did help us clarify a couple of ideas so that we were better able to spec out what we wanted when we went ahead with the project (through Home Depot). He also provided us a couple of sketches of different arrangements of furniture in the living room. We didn't use those.

Description of Work
This was a special deal for three hours of consultation on interior design, including drawings. Martins came to our house, reviewed our project (installing a bank of floor-to-ceiling cabinets in a guestroom/office with built-in desk) and produced a CAD drawing of the project about 7-10 days later. While he was at the house, he also suggested some furniture rearrangement in our living room. Martins provided consultation and CAD drawings on a project to renovate our guest room/office by installing a bank of cabinets on one wall with a build-in desk as a computer station.

Category interior designers

06/11/2014

CHRIS C.

It went really well. I first contacted Martins in the summer of 2013 looking for an estimate of much work that needed to be done as outlined above. I'm very meticulous and research all my projects very thoroughly. I scheduled and met with 6 carpenters for the work that I wanted done but was most impressed with Martins. His energy and enthusiasm is immediately evident taking a great deal of time looking at the work needed and offering the best ways to accomplish it. He has excellent taste and is a designer with the skills of a seasoned carpenter. His choice of materials to use really compliments the spaces and has achieved the results I was looking for. This set him apart from all the other carpenters I spoke with. He said, "we will work to make your house beautiful" and he followed through on that promise. Martins is also not afraid to question you about your choices often asking "Why do you want to do that?" This may be off-putting to some but to me it showed he put a great deal of thought into what he was doing and challenged your own intentions in order to make sure you get what you want and avoid having any regrets after the project is finished. I admire that sort of conviction and confidence - it is rare to see - I mostly find people in this industry simply following the customer's wishes without offering a better or at least alternative practical and aesthetic solution if one exists. I'm involved in every aspect of a project and Martins always had the patience to explain everything with an excellent attitude. Martins was extremely fair in his pricing and he and his crew were always very polite and hard working. This project was part of a large remodel and Martins was also always willing to help and guide me with some of the other aspects that he didn't directly handle. This ranged from electrical, drywall, stone work for the fireplace, heating, and paint. He has a wealth of knowledge but is also a super nice guy with genuine integrity and a great sense of humor - a joy to be around. I would without hesitation hire Martins for any other project we will have in the future.

Description of Work
Built a new fireplace, add crown molding and replace all the trim (baseboards, window casing, door casing), to 1st floor 2nd floor hallway, Create 2 archways that were previous door openings, move 2 wall vents, add floor vent, other misc. repairs.

Category interior designers

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

LG Maintenance and Repair

Specializing in masonry, tuckpointing, chimney repairs, gutters, roof repairs, soffit, windows and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi