Master Johnny Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2008

3811 N Monticello Ave

Chicago, IL 60618

In business since 2008. I started gaining my skills as a carpenter at a young age, helping my dad finish basements and building tree forts. I specialize in carpentry - furniture, built ins, fences, small decks, and decorative mouldings and trimwork. I have also rehabbed homes - electrical, plumbing, painting, tiling, window and door install, and wall repair or replace....

10/27/2017

Patricia L.

I have used him several times over many years. He always does an excellent job. He is meticulous, professional and very reasonably priced. I will definitely recommend him and absolutely use him, again.

Description of Work
Repaired Lock on Alley

Category handyman service

Thanks for the review. I am glad I was able to fit you in..

01/06/2016

Bryan U.

Overall, an excellent experience. I described the issue over the phone and provided photos of the rotting window stool via text messaging. This was very convenient. An estimate was provided the same day and I think the price is very fair. We scheduled the work for a day that was mutually convenient. On the day the work was scheduled I was notified that Chris was on his way. Within minutes the rotting wood was removed and disposed. Chris had left to have the new wood cut and edged. Later that afternoon he returned to finish the job. Everything was done quickly and professionally. The new window stool was painted, caulked and the surrounding wall was patched. The area was cleaned with a vacuum after all the work was done. I am very happy with the work performed by Chris, his professionalism and timely communication. I highly recommend Master Johnny Inc.

Description of Work
Replaced a window stool (interior window sill) that was rotting. This included: removing and disposing of rotting wood cutting and edging new piece of wood fitting and finishing new window stool caulk window stool and patch wall

Category contractors,drywall,handyman service,replacement windows,woodworking

Thanks for the review. The experience was a pleasure for me as well.

07/01/2015

CATHY J.

I've called on Chris a few times: he does excellent work and I trust him. He has referred another electrician when his schedule would fill up / they to were an excellent recommendation.

Description of Work
Vented the dryer outside, install ceiling fan, installed utility door, install outside security light, rewire reverse polarity outlets, etc

Category handyman service,lighting,doors

It is slways a pleasure to help you out.

04/06/2015

Christopher D.

His professionalism was top notched. The clean-up was great. He found more work that would require about $400 more, but as soon as he discovered he needed more work, he let us know. I almost couldn't tell he'd been doing any work because it was pretty clean. We actually had him give us estimates on a couple of other things that we'll probably have him do soon. The price was fair, because of the amount of effort and time spent.

Description of Work
They added a deck onto our new home.

Category decks

It was a pleasure working with you. Hopefully there won't be any hidden issues in the next projects.

10/19/2014

Todd F.

Chris did good quality work, with no corner cutting. Fair pricing, honest contractor. I would recommend Master Johnny, and will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Installed back door, and window

Category handyman service,replacement windows,doors

I am happy to help. Thanks for the review.

09/01/2014

Begona C.

He was great at doing small jobs and we had him back a few times to complete all the little handyman jobs we had. There were a couple of larger jobs he wasn't able to do (ex: laying down a new vinyl kitchen floor), but we were very happy with the work he did do.

Description of Work
Various Repair work around the home.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the great review. I hope the floor turned out nice.

04/27/2014

Nicholas C.

It went incredibly well. He did a great job at an affordable cost. We have since used him for other jobs including removing and repairing doors in our home.

Description of Work
He took down old lights and fans in multiple rooms and then installed recessed lighting in those rooms as well as installed new fans. He also took down cabinets on one wall.

Category handyman service,lighting,woodworking,doors

Thanks for the great review. I am always happy to help.

03/14/2014

Eric M.

The project went great. Chris (Master Johnny) did most of the work at his home workshop and only did the initial prep work on the electrical and the final assembly here at the house. Before the project he was able to assess our needs and work with our design. He quoted us a price and stuck to it. We live in a 100-year old house and the walls and floors are uneven and he was able to adjust for that seemlessly. He did some light electrical for us to get outlets in the right place and patched up and repaired walls as necessary. He is super-efficient and knows how to troubleshoot. The project started on time and finished up in the time frame he told us. My only complaint is the first time he came out he was late and only called after he was about 60 minutes late. But he was timely after that when he worked on the project. I HIGHLY recommend Chris and will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Chris crafted us a custom built-in in our living room, moved a few outlets and installed a new junction box.

Category electrician,handyman service,woodworking

Thanks for the great review and business. It was a pleasure doing the project for you. I posted a photo of the work on Facebook / Master Johnny Inc and received many great comments. As for the initial tardiness, I apologize. It is very hard to nail down a specific time when it is dependent on when you finish the scheduled job for the day.

01/22/2014

Richard B.

He arrived on time. The work took longer than he had expected, but he completed the job and did not charge us extra. The drawers were improperly aligned to when built, but he was able to correct the alignment. They work fine now.

Description of Work
Repaired book case doors that didn't close and several built in draws that were difficult to open and close.

Category handyman service

To make it clear-I did not do the original work. I fixed someone else's work.

12/29/2013

Daniel L.

Replaced drywall, repaired carpentry and replaced tile removed during separate project (different contractor, too). Smooth and fairly priced.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,drywall

Thanks for the great review. It wasn't a fun project but happy to see the results and sad to see all that hard work get destroyed by a faulty foundation.

Amazing Lock Service Inc

Amazing Lock Service provides the highest quality of Locksmith Services to Chicago, IL and the surrounding areas. Call us toll free at 800-811-LOCK for fast and affordable service. Additional email - geraldmen68@yahoo.com.

Metro Construction and Remodeling

Metro Construction & Remodeling Inc. is a family owned Chicago based full service general contractor that handles a wide variety of home improvement projects and new construction.

New Color Cabinets

New Color Cabinets is a company dedicated to Refinishing cabinets and interior paint we working in Chicago areas since 2009 Our goal it is to add you to the list of our many happy customers starting now to use Angies list we hope have more happy customers follow us in Facebook , instagram.

Offers by New Color Cabinets on Angi
    Satisfaction

FINISHED CARPENTRY INCLUDING TRIM, CROWN MOULDING, furniture & CUSTOM BOOKCASES, SMALL CONSTRUCTION INCLUDING CLOSETS, small decks, fences,PANTRY, & DOORS, GENERAL HOME REPAIR, SURROUND SOUND & FLAT SCREEN INSTALLATION, PAINTING, DAY JOBS OR JOBS THAT ARE TOO SMALL FOR GENERAL CONTRACTORS.

ROOFING, GUTTERS, & SIDING.