Master Handymen

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2008

4728 N Rockwell St

Chicago, IL 60625

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Master Handymen is your one-stop shop for all of your Handyman Services and Contracting needs. Whether it is a small repair or a large-scale remodel, Master Handymen is at your service! Our services include Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling, Finished Basements, Painting, Drywall, Plumbing, Electrical, Water Damage Repair, Mold Removal, Hardwood Flooring, Carpeting, Ceramic and Marble Tile, Grout Repair/Replace, Caulking, Granite Counter Tops, Carpentry, Light Demolition, Roofing, Gutters and Downspouts, Rodding, Lock Repair/Replace, Rental Unit Preparation, On-going Maintenance and much, much more. We also service Corporate, Retail and Office Space. Our work is 100% guaranteed and estimates are always free. Our friendly, prompt technicians will provide quality work in a reasonable time-frame. Master Handymen is a licensed and fully insured general contractor. We carry $1 million in general liability as well as providing worker’s compensation insurance for all of our technicians. GC License #: TGC020361. Award winning....

handyman (103)drywall (30)interior painting (23)plumbers (22)electrician (18)tile installation (18)plastering (14)woodworking (13)home remodeling (12)lighting (9)door installation (8)flooring (7)

03/12/2021

Janet S.

Gino responded quickly and provided a written proposal based on pictures & measurements I provided. When we were trying to decide between 2 competitive quotes we invited Gino onsite to confirm (or modify) the proposal. The work was scheduled within a week of me obtaining the specific tile I wanted for the repair. The workers arrived on time and cleaned up when they were finished. The repair was done very professionally. I'm very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Bathroom tile repair

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

11/09/2020

Rachel S.

Excellent. Arrived on time and did great work.

Description of Work
Removing and replacing moldy caulking along edge of shower.

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

09/17/2020

Daniel T.

This is the second time we have used Master Handymen in Chicago. The first was many years ago for a punch list while selling a condo. This summer, we had years' worth of jobs ready for Gino and his team. Gino responded quickly to my initial email and came out to see our long list of jobs (some larger, such as installing gutters on our garage for a water barrel and demolishing and rebuilding our deck from house down to backyard patio). All work was done efficiently and very well! We met many team members, including Omar and Rodolfo. They were all professional. We're SO PLEASED with the work that was done for us! Highly recommend Master Handymen!! Attaching a picture of our new, gorgeous and sturdy deck (Master Handymen will return in a couple of weeks to apply stain). 5 Stars!

Description of Work
Rebuild back landing, repair and paint rusted metal railing, seal sidewalk along house, install gutters on garage, other miscellaneous work.

Category gutter repair,handyman service,masonry

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

08/30/2020

Anna S.

We couldn’t be happier with the work that Master Handymen did on a rental property for us. They delivered earlier than the projected time, communication was frequent and friendly, and everything was done perfectly. Gino and his team were great to work with- all very nice and thoughtful. Our property is almost 100 years old, and we had some tricky elements to navigate, but Gino solved all of our plumbing and electrical issues to help us bring the kitchen and bathroom up to date. The pricing was fair and transparent. I’m a first -time homeowner, and Gino and his team were really helpful in teaching my husband and I about various aspects of home maintenance, too. I will definitely use Master Handymen again!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, handymen services

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,handyman service,insulation,lighting,plumbing,replacement windows,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

11/05/2019

Joe V.

Master Handyman did excellent work. They were good at communicating, clean and great craftsmanship!

Description of Work
Bathroom work

Category drywall,flooring contractor,handyman service,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

10/24/2019

Benji H.

They never answer their phone and they don't return messages. Life must be great to run a business that way but I want no part of helping them continue.

Description of Work
General Tasks

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

I am sorry the Angie's List customer received no replies. Going back 3 months, we have no record of any Angie's List message requests under this name. We have no record of any voicemails (Google voice) under this name either. Since he left no phone number, there is no way to see if there are voicemails from his phone number.

08/06/2019

Mari M.

All work was completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous jobs.

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

12/29/2017

Deborah L.

I've used Master Handymen for many years. Most of the time it was for smaller projects, like electrical, and fixing things around the house. I recently used them to remodel my bathroom, and repair/replace a bunch of stuff in anticipation of selling my house. The repairs and remodel were extensive enough to take a few days to complete. Gino sent over a written quote and contract, detailing all the work to be done. He worked with my schedule to find the dates. The workers arrived on time. They put down plastic everywhere to contain the dust and dirt, even on the stairs. The bathroom remodel involved moving and replacing plumbing, putting up drywall, and installing a very large vanity and mirror. They finished off a room in my basement with drywall, and replaced a few large sections in another room of my basement because of damage and removal due to foundation crack repairs. They installed all new baseboards, and primed all the new drywall. They also upgraded many of my light fixtures and outlets to bring them up to code, repaired a kitchen cabinet, and replaced my range hood and kitchen faucet. The guys were all friendly, and they worked hard, only taking a break for lunch. When they left, the house was cleaner than it was when they got there. The price was very reasonable, and well worth it. I would recommend Master Handymen for any project, large or small!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel. Light fixtures, outlets, range hood, ceiling fan, door knob, and kitchen faucet replaced. New drywall, other repairs.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,ceiling fans,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

Review for Master Handymen - 4728 N Rockwell St, Chicago, IL - 36708662

12/18/2017

Troy G.

I never received a response either by phone or message. It's so easy to message on Angie's List. No communication whatsoever is just a horrible sign of bad organization or manners...either way it's inexcusable.

Description of Work
Needed a shower door repaired.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

Master Handymen received Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s message through Angie's List Wednesday, December 13 at 9:53am. We responded through Angie's List at 10:28am the same day requesting client information as well as pictures of the issue he wished to have taken care of so we could determine the next steps. We cannot explain why Mr. [Member Name Removed] never received our response through Angie's List.

11/02/2017

CONOR M.

I called on Friday. The voice message says to submit a form via their website. I then did this but did not hear back. Their site also says if you do not hear from us in 48 hours email us your request directly. I did this on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and I haven't heard a thing. I have moved on and will hire another company to do the work.

Description of Work
I need someone to run a new power line to my fully detached garage as the 60 year old cable has failed.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Bathroom and kitchen remodeling, finished basements, painting, drywall, plumbing, electrical, water damage repair, mold removal, hardwood flooring, carpeting, ceramic and marble tile, grout replace, caulking, granite counter tops, carpentry, light demolition, roofing, gutters and downspouts, lock, snow removal & new construction.

Master Handymen does not offer appliance repair, pest control, landscaping, cleaning service and automotive repair. However, we have a large network of contacts and we would be happy to offer you a referral.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal