Lookswell Painting and Handyman Services

Founded 1963 • With Angi since August 2001

2206411

1951 W Cortland

Chicago, IL 60622

Changed to: No subcontractors. Cost is determined with a free no-hassle estimate. Email- lookswellpainting@gmail.com (no additional email listed) Address- 1951 W Cortland, Chicago, IL 60622 (No additional Address) An award winning company, Lookswell Painting Inc. has been family owned and operated since 1963. We offer full service painting services, as well as drywall repair. As a licensed contractor we offer complete residential and commercial painting services. We bring to the table over 35 years of experience and the finest quality materials to make sure that your job is completed to your utmost satisfaction. ...

interior painting (322)drywall (80)house painting (55)plastering (28)cabinet refacing (27)wallpaper hanger (25)woodworking (13)water damage restoration (9)cabinet makers (7)decks & porches (6)deck cleaning (5)door installation (4)

01/14/2021

The Lookswell team, especially Jim, Omar & Cindy, were exceptionally professional & dedicated to the task. The final work looks great, appreciated the level of experience that allowed them to deal with our old house.

Description of Work
Rebuild a ceiling after new AC unit was installed

Category drywall,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

11/10/2020

They were in and out. I work with them a lot for my clients and for my personal home.They are excellent. They come over. They are very clean and respectful.

Description of Work
They did painting.

Category house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

11/05/2020

We used Lookswell for multiple projects over the summer and it all worked out great. They were very punctual, worked extremely hard, very efficient with their time, fast and, for the money, I'd absolutely hire the team again!

Description of Work
Built a wall, painted, retiled, deck stain, etc.

Category decks,drywall,handyman service,house cleaning,deck cleaning,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Thank you! It is always a pleasure to work with you, and we look forward to future projects.

10/30/2020

Fantastic, They painted the walls, ceilings and trim in the living and dining room. Very efficient and professional with competitive pricing.

Description of Work
Needed to re-paint my living and dining room

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. I am glad all the colors worked out and that you were pleased. Even though they remove your name from the response which is silly as your full name is proudly listed above, I still thank you [Member Name Removed]

10/28/2020

I Called Lookswell and spoke to Cindy to set up an estimate. Jim came out on time to inspect the bathroom and we were pleased he took safety seriously by wearing mask and booties. We got the estimate and they came back with in a week and painted it. Very pleased with the results. All staff were professional and safe.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category custom cabinets,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!!

10/28/2020

Lookswell did an amazing job repairing the broken window frame at my home. They refinished the paint on my frame, and make sure that it matched the existing wall colors perfectly! It looks like it was never damaged. Will hire again for future repairs!

Description of Work
Window Repair

Category woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working at your home.

10/28/2020

Came on time, worked efficiently and final job was very nice. Only complaint: had me buy wayyyyy too much paint that I can’t return.

Description of Work
Painted bedroom

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

Review for Lookswell Painting and Handyman Services - 1951 W Cortland, Chicago, IL - 38985817

Hi, thanks for the review. I'm terribly sorry that extra paint was bought. We try to keep any waste to a minimum. Next time we will keep a closer eye on things.

09/03/2020

They set me up for an estimate over two weeks in advance at 230pm and then called at 200pm (30 minutes before they were supposed to be at my home) on a day when I left work early to be home when they arrived, to tell me they couldn't make it. They suggested 445pm which I said no to as I figured they wouldn't make that time either. Totally unprofessional, come on 30 MINUTES NOTICE?!?! Avoid like th...

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category custom cabinets,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

I am sorry that you feel this way about what happened. My office had called you to explain I would be late. When I arrived at my 1pm estimate I was greeted by an elderly lady that could hardly breath, she was in distress, so I called 911. They arrived within minutes and after treatments she was taken to the hospital. I called the emergency number on the fridge, notified the daughter and waited for...

04/04/2020

Great company. They did an awesome job. I would recommend to friends and family.

Description of Work
Drywall flooring painting

Category drywall,interior painters,epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 04/04/2020

12/18/2019

Lookswell did a wonderful job. They were flexible in working around the schedule of the door delivery to our house, and put three coats of varnish on the doors. They have done a lot of other painting of the interior of our house, and I expect nothing less than superb work from them. I was not disappointed!

Description of Work
We needed to have mahogany doors sealed from the weather.

Category interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

Decorating, Color Consultation, Painting - Interior & Exterior, Wallpaper, Wood Staining & Refinishing, Drywall & Plaster Work.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check