Logan Square Roofing & Tuckpointing

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2017

A family-owned and operated business for 30 years 24-hour service we specialize in flat roofs shingle roofs modified rubber systems EPDM and TPO roofs chimney repairs soffit and fascia repairs aluminum roof coatings Skylight repairs siding and gutter repairs new gutters aluminum roof coatings roof tarping 24 hour emergency repairs masonry and tuckpointing and concrete work snow and ice removal tear off and overlay on roofs and pressure washing and Waterproofing commercial industrial and residential free estimates...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

roofing (55)masonry (15)gutter repair (8)concrete repair (4)roof snow removal (2)

06/14/2022

Michael B.

John and Mike were a pleasure to deal with. They worked on a couple of different projects for our HOA and will continue to be my first call and recommendation for anything tuck pointing or roofing related.

Description of Work
Tuck pointing and roof repair

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

10/18/2021

BRUCE and ERIKA N.

John was extremely prompt in scheduling a roof inspection and providing an estimate of the suggested work. Work was done in an efficient and thorough manner with no inconvenience to our everyday lives.

Description of Work
Maintenance (cleaning, sealing, coating) of main residence flat roof and repair work to garage roofs.

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

09/25/2021

Alice D.

John came to my house for an estimate. I thought his company was called Logan Square Roofing but when he came to the house, his truck had Quality Roofing as the name of his business. Our flat roof is only 6 years old but I wanted to get the reflective coating redone and inspection of the flashing. He tried to upsell me on sealing the brick even though we have weep holes and have had no issues with water. After inspecting the roof, he gave me an estimate of $5400 which is thousands more than two other estimates I received. I told him that his estimate was really off so he said he could do $3500. He didn’t give me a formal written estimate so that I could compare services. I would not recommend working with them. They seemed to try to pull one on me.

Description of Work
Roof Maintenance—new reflective coating and flashing

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

you called my company out to do a complete roof inspection and parapet walls after inspecting the roof I explained to you that you needed a maintenance program with aluminum coating and your parapet walls are 4 foot high that were half modified rubber and half utility brick which I explained to you that the utility brick is like a cinder block and absorbs a lot of water so every 4 to 5 years you need to get it sealed to prevent water seepage into your building and the price was $4,400 for the roof maintenance program and you said that was higher then the other companies then I gave you a discount and I told you $3,500 and i gave you a price on the spot because you're looking to get it done right away before the winter came and this is our busy time of the year I am sorry that you are upset about the price and the inspection

09/16/2021

Tina I.

John was excellent, he came out right away for a roof leak that I had to inspect and give me a report about the situation as my Condo Association had let this leak go on since June without any action. He performed the inspection and followed up with me to make sure this problem was taken care of. I truly do appreciate the follow up and inspection and report on the status of the roof. I would definitly hire John and Logan Square Roofing for any needs in the future that I have as he is professional, responded in a timely manner and followed up to make sure he had done all he could for me. Thank you John!

Description of Work
Needed my roof inspected to identify leaking into my garage.

Category concrete repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

03/14/2021

Sarah H.

Logan Square Roofing replaced the roof on my patio and added a new deck with dividers. My neighbors previously used them for similar projects so I felt comfortable upfront. They were quick with the quote and were prepared to start the project quickly. John and team were professional, clean and on time. Each step was clear and consistent with the estimate. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and added deck

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

03/09/2021

Lee M.

John was prompt with his estimate and clear. He and his crew communicated beautifully when they were at the house and while they were at the house. The service was great and the job they did was wonderful. Two neighbors asked for his details as they sa him working.

Description of Work
gutters and roof

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

03/08/2021

Ron R.

This company is extremely professional , very timely in there response time, and they do a great job every time! I have used them in the past an I would use them in the future for any roofing needs. They are a pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Heavy snow removal from roof

Category concrete repair, roof snow removal

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

03/04/2021

Maribel T.

John and his crew were excellent. They arrived on time, 8am and started working immediately. When additional work was needed, they were clear on why it was needed and my two price options. Work was done on the estimated time and all garbage was removed. I would definitely recommend Logan Square Roofing for your next roofing job.

Description of Work
Flat roof replacement on balcony’s and masonry work

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

11/19/2020

CHRISTINE P.

They did a very nice job. Work completed in two days; John was diligent keeping me informed of the project start and completion dates. This was the second time LSR was used; I'd use them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Remove old rear porch/deck roofing and replace.

Category concrete repair, roofing

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

09/26/2020

Kristin F.

I reached out to several contractors. John’s bid was detailed, clear and came in quickly. He politely followed up and we got something scheduled. He was good at communicating with me- work was subject to weather of course. He wasn't aggressive but was interested in getting the work which mattered to me. He was Very professional and did a great job. I was impressed by how they cleaned up afterwards too. I hired them for a second job of tuck pointing which also went very well. Definitely get a bid from them if you’re looking for roofing or tuck pointing!

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

06/17/2020

Mike F.

John and his team were professional from start to finish. They were prompt with a quote, good with follow up, and professional once on site. We have a flat roof which needed maintenance. John’s team identified all the work that was needed and walked me through every step, both during the quote, before they started the work on site and as the work was being done. I would and will work with this company again.

Description of Work
Roof maintenance and tuck pointing

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

06/07/2020

Pam N.

I called John after noticing a moist area on my ceiling, and he came out within the hour to assess the problem. He and his crew came out the next morning to recaulk gaps around the condo's scupper boxes (the cause of the issue). They also reexamined work they'd done several years ago on a Juliet balcony to ensure it was holding up. They touched up several areas on the balcony to ensure continued water tightness at no cost, in addition to temporarily sealing several cracks in our condo's roof membrane. John and his team have helped our HOA and me personally on multiple occasions, and I've had nothing but great experiences.

Description of Work
Caulking around 7 scupper boxes, maintenance of a Juliet balcony, temporary repair of multiple roof membrane cracks

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

thank you it's a pleasure doing business with you

04/27/2020

Ryan C.

I was extremely impressed with the promptness of response of these guys. Had an old, unused metal chimney spout tip over and damage the roof on Sunday morning. We were expecting rain staring Monday night, and contacted these guys to fix ASAP. The promptness and professionalism they showed was fantastic. Will definitely be calling again next time we need any roofing assistance.

Description of Work
Emergency fix for a metal chimney pipe collapse

Work Completed On 02/23/2020

11/28/2019

Doug C.

John is great. He was extremely responsive and even came out on Thanksgiving to repair the roof! Really appreciate the quick turnaround and flexibility in getting the job done. Thanks!

Description of Work
Had some shingles fly off roof and needed repaired asap

Work Completed On 11/28/2019

11/04/2019

Graham D.

These guys are my favorite go to group. I work with several roofers in the Property Management business. John always provides quick quotes and a well thought out scope of work. The work they do is second to none and they always go above and beyond to get the job done, no matter what constraints. Best, Graham

Description of Work
Needed roofing for several properties

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

thank you it's a pleasure working with your company

10/28/2019

Carly M.

I'm surprised by the number of positive reviews as I had the opposite experience! I had an appointment with an estimate- 11 am. They didn't arrive until almost noon (apparently 11am was a window till noon?!), after I called to see where they were, as I took time off work to meet them at the house. At first the company told me I had the wrong day, but then realized they were confusing me with someone else. When the estimator arrived, he didn't get up on a ladder to properly evaluate the leak, and gave me a verbal estimate of what it would take to repair it. I asked for the bid in writing but never received it. When I called the company for the estimate 3 weeks later, they told me they were "swamped" and didn't want to take my project. I wish they could have been upfront with me from the get-go, as I wouldn't have waited 3 weeks for their bid and would have hired someone else. I guess a $2300 1 day project isn't worth their time, and the fact that I have an active leak doing damage means nothing. For the record, another company I had out for a bid did get up on a ladder and told me a different cause of the leak than this company- I don't know who to believe or trust at this point, but given the lack of professionalism, or basic common courtesy, I have a feeling it isn't this company!

Description of Work
Metal Roof Leak

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

we were there between the time frame that we scheduled you for between 11 and 12 and we gave you an estimate of what it would cost to repair it and you said that you were getting other estimates together to give to your attorney so you can get money back from the seller and you call us 4 Weeks Later not looking too get the work done but to get an estimate and we are in our busy season and if you're looking to get something done right away that we are really booked and you got upset and hung up on me

07/13/2019

Bruce M.

It went well, it was a big job and took all day.

Description of Work
We had a leak in the roof of our townhouse, the deck above our bedroom. They were very professional and very thorough. I would definitely recommend them.

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

06/14/2019

Reagan P.

Excellent - quick, fair price, high quality service. Roof has 3-yr guarantee - we are only a week in but John the owner is a straight shooter and we believe he will stand behind his work.

Description of Work
Garage Roof and garage tuck-pointing

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

05/24/2019

Robin W.

The job went extremely smoothly, the roof looks great, and it was done right. The crew did a great job and were quick to clean up the site after the work was completed. They were always quick to respond to communications and were very proactive in keeping in touch since we had to work around some rainy weather. The bid I got was right in line with some others I had received but I wanted to work with Logan Square because they were so quick to get me a quote and always picked up the phone when I called (something that is not a guarantee with contractors...). I really appreciated how up front and honest these guys are. I even got some good candid advice from them on some other projects I've been considering tackling around the house (what needs to be done now, what can wait, etc...). I have already recommended Logan Square Roofing to my friends.

Description of Work
Full roof tear off and replacement

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

thank you it was a pleasure working for you

03/08/2019

CHRISTINE P.

Wow. John totally rocks. My remodeling contractor couldn't do the restoration. I called John on Tuesday and he was able to schedule the restoration the day after the chimney work (Thursday). The came on time, worked with me, kept me informed and did exemplary work quickly and efficiently. Check out the before and after pictures......it is amazing!

Description of Work
Restored the roofs and wall after a masonry chimney was removed for a remodeling project

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

Review for Logan Square Roofing & Tuckpointing - 611 West Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL - 37751922

thank you for the good review it was a pleasure working with you

12/05/2018

Susan F.

Based on Angie’s list ratings, I approached Logan Square Roofing to fix a flat garage roof on a rental building. Logan Square Roofing suggested a modified bitumen roof system. They installed that system, replacing water-damaged wood under the old roof, added a new gutter, did spot tuckpoint on the brick garage walls and capped an old chimney. They also installed a chimney cap on the main building and tuckpointed a long expansion gap in the gray stone building front. Total cost was $4,900. Later I received an electric bill that was three times higher than it should have been. When the workers tripped the building’s outside electrical circuit they hadn’t realized that gutter heat wires (an electrical hog) for the building were on those circuits. John Santre from Logan Square reimbursed me for the extra electrical cost. I was so pleased with the work that I had Logan Square Roofing bid on roofing and tuckpointing projects at another rental building and at my home and garage. The rental building roof had been replaced five years ago but there was water under the roofing that could be easily “squished” on one side of the roof and badly deteriorated parapets. I was lucky there had been no water damage to the apartment below. Logan Square replaced the roof and rebuilt the parapet walls. The project manager kept me apprised of what they were doing and why. For these three projects, I chose a roof system that carries a 25-year warranty on materials and 10 years on labor, with periodic inspections included. I have no doubt that Logan Square will comply with all these written guarantees.

Description of Work
new roof and tuckpointing

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

12/01/2018

Tommy O.

John & his crew came out on a Sunday & removed all the snow. They then made some repairs to the roof. My Insurance Company made us stop...so that they could inspect. Well...Insurance adjusters couldn't inspect until temp. was 45 degrees for at least 10 days straight (per our coverage). Well, John gave us a quote & I told him we couldn't act. Seven months later I told him that Insurance will not cover roof repair. Well, John stuck by his quote and finished all repairs in a day and a half. We could not be happier with their work. I would hire them again anytime.

Description of Work
We had an Ice Dam last February. The melting ice came into our home & destroyed both back (remodeled) kitchens. I called John Santre of Logan Square - First about removing the snow on the roof. Then about repairing our roof & gutter.

Work Completed On 11/14/2018