Lindholm Roofing Inc

Founded 1949 • With Angi since July 2002

4.4

3588 N Milwaukee

Chicago, IL 60641

We are an established, highly reputable family-owned company that has served Chicagoland since 1949. We are experienced Chicago Roofing Contractors and are proud of our reputation for honesty, fairness, and hard work. It is our pleasure to be serving Chicagoland area homes and businesses while

11/20/2022

Sonny L.

Would a manager or owner please kindly contact us for the 1474 W. Byron project? We have questions related to the work that was recently performed. We cannot get ahold of the project manager.

Description of Work
Please call.

07/23/2022

maida M.

Tom came out, sent quote for $4,554.00 and requested signed contract and $1,515.00 deposit. After he received my signed contract and deposit, he texted me to say the owner decided to charge me $6,500.00. This company practices unethical behavior. I prefer the ability to give them zero stars. I declined their work and reported them to the BBB.

Description of Work
Replace cedar shake gazebo roof

04/22/2022

Gary F.

The entire process was excellent. Tom Butler did an excellent job of explaining the project and making suggestions that would enhance the roofing project. The roofing crew arrived right on time, provided very good protection to the property before proceeding with the tear off. They then completed the job and thoroughly cleaned up and removed all the debris in about 8 hours. The new roof looks great and my wife and I are very pleased with the job.

Description of Work
Asphalt roof tear off and replacement.

11/12/2021

Norma K.

Tom, the Sales Person, was very thorough and took pictures of what needs to be repaired. Craig and Kevin did a wonderful job doing the repairs. They told me it would take 15 days to get on the schedule and they honored that on day 17. I really appreciated it. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Need my roof to be repaired in certain places because we are putting in solar panels

10/27/2021

Rick W.

Terrible. I signed their proposal in July, wrote them a check for over 1/3 of the amount, and patiently waited until the fall, because of expected supply issues with covid. September came, and I was trying to get a rough idea of timing, but got very little response. October came, and they were still checking on details, and by the third week of October I had to call the company directly. I found out that the windows for the job were never ordered, details of the job were lost, and they did not want to work on a roof as high as mine. All of this was after getting a full, detailed proposal, which I signed and they accepted. If there were any legal recourse, I would follow it, especially since I tied up thousands of dollars for months, with no work.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement, with siding, windows, and gutters.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

12/01/2020

Sharon B.

Not good. I have seen this done on other houses and was told by those homeowners it worked well. However in talking to the rep he felt it would not work and quoted me a price of $750.00. I had another company do the job for$165.00.

Description of Work
heat cable installed in gutter

We are licensed, bonded and insured. We are not the cheapest option but we always do our best to provide and honest assessment of what we think may help fix your problem. We are glad you were taken care of and happy with the work completed by a competitor.

10/07/2020

Ron R.

did not get back to me on a timely basis. I had to call and find out if he had time up with a price and was given some lame excuse, as why they could not do the roof. A waste of my time and breath talking with the salesman. Next time, just do not show up, if your not going to do the job. B e professional and talk to me personally, instead of leaving a voicemail.

Description of Work
a new roof

Category contractors, roofing

We apologize for the poor communication. We took this customer experience to our sales team and used it as a learning experience for how we can improve. Please feel free to reach out directly to one of the Lindholm's in the future should you need anything else. Thank you! Mallory Lindholm

09/29/2020

Michelle L.

Company never responded to my help.

Description of Work
Inspection

Category contractors, roofing

[Member Name Removed], we do not have a record of any requests for your address. Please feel free to call into the office directly and we would be happy to help you out. 773-283-7675

09/22/2020

Betty S.

Excellent experience with Lindholm Roofing from beginning to end of projects. Rodrigo our project manager was extremely helpful in picking out options, staying within our budget and for stopping by multiple times to ensure the installations were going smoothly. We contracted them for two projects - to replace our roof that was damaged by a hail storm and new siding, gutters and soffits. Everything was delivered and installed as promised and the quality and value is perfect. They showed up on time, and were incredibly professional and explained everything during and after the installation

Description of Work
Roof and siding, gutter and soffit replacement.

Category roofing, siding

Thanks for trusting us with a big job!

08/28/2020

JOHN N.

It was excellent! It was very well done. There was a small problem, but they came back, and took care of it. They were on time, diligent, and their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They put a new roof.

Thanks for the feedback and glad the follow up worked out well!

06/18/2020

Sidney L.

Could not have been better. Work was done on time, in professional manner, and at a reasonable price. Looks great, and clean up was spot on. I will recommend Lindholm to my friends and family.

Description of Work
new roof, new gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thanks for the great review!

04/23/2020

Robert C.

Their work was great. Inexpensive. Quick, easy seemless!

Description of Work
Replaced some shingles!

Thanks for the great review!

04/22/2020

Lisa P.

Lindholm Roofing exceeded my expectations in our latest home repairs. After purchasing our home, we knew a lot of renovations were ahead of us including a new roof, siding, and gutters. From the first phone call to the completion of the job, they have been courteous, professional, and honest. You can tell it’s a family-owned business because of the way they treat you and get the job done. If you need roofing, siding, or gutters, these are your people!

Description of Work
Roof, siding, and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Thanks for trusting us with you new home! Glad we could help you with all the big items.

04/22/2020

Michelle L.

It was a great experience from start to finish. They gave me an estimate in a timely manner and did the work shortly after we signed the proposal. The project manager was very attentive and was always there if we had questions. The office staff was pleasant to work with as well.

Description of Work
Replacement of garage roof and a new window on the garage.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Thanks for trusting us with your home! We are happy to help and keep everyone safe.

04/05/2020

Raymond K.

Rodrigo was great. Very knowledgeable and honest. we had some roof repairs and ventilation added but based on our experience we plan to use them in the future when we need a full roof.

Description of Work
Inspect roof and add ventilation

Good to hear! Thank you for the great review!

02/08/2020

Marilyn and Roger P.

Project manager Rodrigo responded to a request to evaluate and bid on repairing a buckled flat roof. He came, he inspected, and he resolved the problem quickly and effectively. Impressive to see a project manager who gets his hands and knees dirty to get a job done.

Description of Work
Roof repair on a flat roof.

We love that Rodrigo went the extra mile for you! Thank you for the feedback and we will pass along the praise.

01/08/2020

STAN J.

Took longer to get work done than promised. Promised late September early October but install mid=November. Took longer than normal to finish after work had started due to weather.

Description of Work
Durolast membrane roof installed

Thank you for the feedback. We try our best to do everything we can. Unfortunately the Chicagoland weather is unpredictable and it affects how and when we can do work. We are open all year round and do what we can when we can. Glad it worked out in the end.

12/16/2019

Michael K.

Arrived on time. Performed work in a timely fashion. Very good workmanship. Very pleased with project.

Description of Work
Cricket behind parapet wall.

Thank you for the great review! Glad everything went well.

11/14/2019

Patrick G.

They worked hard and did a great job.

Description of Work
Roofing repairs

Appreciate the kind words and review!

08/22/2019

Mel K.

Absolutely awful experience with this company. Look at google and yelp reviews as well. I would not use this company and save yourself a hassle. From general project manager who stated "You know nothing about roofing and I don't have time to explain this to you" to owner of company who stated "We need the roof paid for" even though water/ice shield was missing on part of the house (my new contractor pointed this out) and new gutters incorrectly installed. The workers were rushed, hammered new wood right on rotted wood on a back porch structure to that was not sound to begin with, and stated "this is slowing us down and we don't have time to do this." It took them more than 2 weeks to schedule the correction, told me "we will come next week sometime," demanded I pay them prior to completing repairs. They then gave me literally a 15 minutes notice prior to arrival. I am concerned about the quality of work they completed. The 5 star warranty was the selling point but as you can see from other reviews, including ones on Google and yelp, the scheduling of warranty work was even worse and issues continue. There are better roofing companies out there. The new third generation owner, who I spoke to multiple times, has zero desire to complete a high quality job, leave satisfied customers, and meet the project needs. He was only interested in receiving payment and had no desire to make sure quality work was completed.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

We can always improve, and apologize for areas that we did not meet your satisfaction. Many people in our company have made sure that the job was done to our high standards of quality, and done when your schedule permitted. We can not satisfy everyone, and feel that we did our best to fulfill the contract, and adapt to changes in time and scope of work along the way

08/17/2019

Tom Y.

We live in north Hoffman Estates, and were in need of a new roof. The job entailed a tear-off, some wood replacement, and installation of architectural shingles. The home is a Cape Cod style with a roofline that dominates a large part of our front exterior, making "curb appeal" a factor in our decision as to the roofing style we chose. The new roof not only looks terrific, but the professionalism and workmanship of the Lindholm crew was exceptional. Plantings were covered, and there was no debris of any type left behind. The chimney, as unsightly as it was, is now painted and looking as good as new. Overall, we are very pleased, and would not hesitate to recommend Lindholm to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Roof repair and replacement

Thank you very much for the glowing review! So happy we could assist you with this and please reach out to us for any other exterior needs in the future.

07/15/2019

MAGDA C.

In Sept/Oct 2018, we sought 3 quotes for a full roof replacement for my aunt's old bungalow. They were not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive. They were detailed in their scope of work and explained everything well. They were also extremely responsive, did a great job in explaining the issues along the way. They did a great job cleaning up afterwards. Earlier this year we noted there was an issue with leaking around where chimney. When I reached out they responded ASAP, came out the next day to find that the chimney cap had come off due to the heavy rains and winds that we'd been having. They fixed right away. In addition, they put back some siding that had also come off from the wind. Not part of the original scope of work but they are doing for no charge (wasn't really that much and theyre up on the roof anyway!). Really grateful for their professionalism and responsiveness!

Description of Work
Full roof replacement, full chimney replacement.

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/11/2019

Theresa J.

Did a good job initially, but has not completed the project but they will come to finish off the works, just need to contact the sales representative for the schedule. Their pricing was fair.

Description of Work
Gutter repair service

Category gutter repair

06/03/2019

Ellen G.

Above and beyond expectations with added garage roof venting they didn't expect to be able to complete. Excellent job - great price, punctual and no muss/no fuss job. Too bad they don't do handy man work!

Description of Work
Re-roof 75% of the house

Thank you very much for the feedback, glad we were able to exceed your expectations!

05/03/2019

Zina M.

They did a marvelous job! They were on time, very professional, cleaned up after themselves, very careful and explained everything thoroughly.

Description of Work
They redid my entire roof of my home, replaced skylights and took care of the attic venting.

Category roofing, skylights

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're pleased that you're happy with the work performed, and truly appreciate your business. Please let us know if we can help you with any of your future exterior needs.

Bald Eagle Masonry

For over a decade, Bald Eagle Construction has been widely known as the go-to expert for a wide variety of construction projects in Chicago and the Chicagoland area. We’re also proud to be the leader in handling City of Chicago building code violations. From taking care of fixing the issues straight through to dealing with the paperwork. For you that means you not only get the job done to our exacting specifications – you’ll also be assured that any project we start will comply fully with all Chicago Building Department regulations. 11 employees. Uses subs for specialty work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's list discount. Award winning.

2022 Super Service Award

JC & Son Masonry Inc

8-10 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email. Additional contact: Jake.

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available
    $

Free estimates on commercial and residential roofing including shingles, slate, tile, rolled, cedar & flat, modified bitumen, Duro-last, tuck pointing, masonry, gutters and downspouts, siding (all types), soffit and fascia, copper work, aluminum work & window installation.

We are always open to exploring new services. Don't hesitate to ask our project managers if we can help assist with an additional service on your home.