Lefty's Automotive

Founded 1986 • With Angi since April 2006

5628 N ELSTON AVE

Chicago, IL 60646

9 employees; ase certified technicians. No appointment necessary. Ask about our complimentary shuttle service....

10/31/2016

William B.

As reflected in the A grades, timely, efficient, professional. My battery cable broke while I was reapplying. I called Bill and within 20 minutes I was on my way to pick up my son at the airport.

Description of Work
Oil change, belt replacement, brake job and a few others.

Category auto repair,car inspections

10/11/2016

Eric D.

Love this place. Quality work. Fast service. Courteous staff.

Description of Work
Oil Change and Wheel Alignment

10/10/2015

PAUL S.

This was the first time I had my car serviced at Lefty's. They were very professional, taking the time to explain clearly before beginning the work what the technical details relating to the job were. They charged me only the price that they had initially quoted and had it ready for me to pickup at the time they stated. Everything was straight forward. I was even offered a lift back to my house as I was leaving the car at the shop preparatory to having it repaired. Since the weather was nice, I turned down this thoughtful gesture, since I needed the exercise. However, I might take them up on the offer next time, if it's in the middle of winter. Another convenient point to note is that Lefty's is within easy walking distance to the Metra Forest Glen commuter train station.

Description of Work
He ran a "check engine light" diagnostics test on my 2000 Toyota Corolla. Determined that one of the Oxygen Sensors ( B1S2) was defective and had to be replaced

05/21/2015

joe E.

I have used them for years.

Description of Work
I used Lefty's Automotive to fix my daughter's car.

04/25/2015

Donald H.

Great service and honestly the fastest around. Kind courteous service ask for Jim or Bill.

Description of Work
Clean master air sensor,throtle body, and synthetic oil change. Been going here over a decade and the do great professional services. Also have emergency towing and loaner vehicles at your service!

02/24/2015

Michael W.

Efficient and timely repair and even gave me a loaner to use while repairs were being made.

Description of Work
Short in electrical system

01/09/2015

Joseph B.

The guy came to my house and checked out my car. It turns out it was no big deal, but he saved me SO much hassle by not having to automatically get my car towed to the dealership, only for the dealership to turn around and tell me it was no big deal. Lefty's customer service cannot be beat, and I cannot say enough good things about them! Thanks Bill!!

Description of Work
So, I called Bill at Rusty's because my car was smelling strongly of gas. He suggested bringing it in for them to take a look at it. I was happy to, however, I am 7 months pregnant, with a small child at home and didn't want to risk driving it over there, in case there was some kind of huge gas leak. The other thing to mention is that my car is still under warranty, so if I did need any work done to it, it would need to be done at the dealership. Bill offered to send one of his guys to my house to take a look and see if he could figure out what was going on with it, since I am located not very far away...even though if there was something wrong, they wouldn't be doing the work for me anyway.

12/23/2014

Bill M.

Went very well. Took my truck in after evaluating work to be done. Described specifically what had to be done and costs. Did the work promptly as I waited. Bill and Jim were very professional and courtious .

Description of Work
Replace heater/ ac fan on my 1997 Chevy Blazer and motor for my windshield washer reservoir.

12/02/2014

Hilton C.

They are honest with the diagnosis. I had a car which I took somewhere and was told that the engine was shot and that I should look at a new car but they fixed that same car for about 300 dollars. It has been running for 25,000 miles more yet it was supposed to be trashed.

Description of Work
I use Lefty's Automotive. They did a diagnostic on air conditioning.

10/30/2014

Julie M.

I thought they did good service. They are efficient and they call you back. If you contact them they get back to you promptly. They did the service when it was scheduled in a timely manner. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I had rear brakes put it.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Auto Service
    Auto Body Work
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Baby Equipment Rental
    Auto Tires

Complete Auto Repair & Maintenance - Domestic & Import Cars & Trucks.