Horan Glass Block and Window Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since January 2008

6742 W Archer Ave

Chicago, IL 60638

Horan Glass Block & Windows is in it's 35th year. We offer good products at reasonable prices. Visa, Mastercard & Discover. Additional email - stormdoctor@verizon.net. Family owned and operated for over 30 Plus years. We have a low overhead, so prices remain competitive. Sales persons are NOT paid by commission. We are a Clear Ridge merchant for 33 years, and we never compromise quality for cost...

03/21/2018

Linda G.

They did respond to initial inquiry and said they would come out and look at windows and provide me with an estimate. They did neither and failed to make further contact with me. I live 2 blocks from where they’re located and try to support local business but not this time.

Description of Work
I contacted horan for an estimate to replace glass block windows

08/30/2017

Christina S.

Had a great experience with Horan. I original basement windows that were almost 80 years old and had a metal frame attached to the brick. They did a great job replacing them with energy efficient windows. I ended up going with four sliders for ventilation and two glass block.

Description of Work
six basement windows replaced

02/27/2017

Jeremy B.

Easy process - quote and scheduling were handled over email. Estimate was received quickly. Quality of work was great and the contractor that was sent was very friendly.

Description of Work
Replaced four cracked & broken glass blocks in bathroom window.

09/19/2016

Megan R.

The quote was the lowest I found and the window is beautiful! The installer did tell me I had to caulk the outside of the new glass block window as it's necessary, but not something they do. I was a little surprised by this, but perhaps this is common practice.

Description of Work
Glass block window

12/16/2015

Marykay W.

Horan Glass Block and Window did a great job. Both windows look good, they worked with us on scheduling to beat the bad weather and the installation was very professional. We had a ton of questions which they answered with patience. I would definitely use them again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
One glass block window was completely replaced and the other was repaired.

06/17/2015

Jason W.

Great! Nice work and much cheaper than any BIg Deal for glass block windows I've seen!

Description of Work
Installed 8 glass block windows.

04/21/2015

isabel F.

They were very responsive and professional. I called them and told them what I needed. They gave me a preliminary estimate and told me they will pass by the house to provide a firm estimate. They provided the firm estimate the following day. I did not use them because I got a lower quote from another supplier, which also had a shorter leadtime to complete the work, but I was pleased with my interactions with this company.

Description of Work
They quoted the replacement of one basement window with a glass block window

04/13/2015

Jeffery A.

Ken was very understanding of my needs and wishes. We live in a condo and several other providers told us we had to replace the entire set of glass blocks and the vent could not be removed. I called Horan, and found out they could cut out just the vent which is what we needed being in a condo situation so we did not have to go through an approval from the board and all that stuff. The price was within reason to me for the work and the product which I actually like better the original window was aluminum and the glass in the vent could not be removed, which is why I had it replaced the glass had cracked. This window seems as if the glass can be replaced if it ever does that again. Also the construction is vinyl so hopefully it won't get icy when its cold outside like the other one did. So the person who did the install arrived ahead of schedule he did a great job he put down tarps even outside and got the window out and replaced the new one the work was very tidy and looks as though its always been there and never replaced. He was very service oriented and told me several times if I had any problems or questions to call. I am just elated over the customer service from Horan glass. I am actually selling my home, however if we need any work done on our next home we know who we will be calling.

Description of Work
Install new vent in glass block window located in bathroom within the bathtub area

01/01/2015

James J S.

From the sale to the install and even a follow up, Horan did an amazing Job. Ken came out and measured the existing 65 year old windows and gave a quote. It was not the lowest quote received, but I felt that the quality of window they offered it was more than fair. After a reasonable wait time to have the windows made, he called to set an install date. His installer and a helper came out and had the job done in a single day. They were neat and professional, and did a great job replacing the trim and flashing as well. I could not be happier with Horan's service and product!

Description of Work
Installed 4- 54x60 double hung windows and 1 36x36 Awning window.

06/08/2014

Debra N.

Horan was very helpful when I called they came out 2 days later and quoted the job. Upon approval they scheduled the work,, got it done quickly and very neatly. They took, old non functional jalousie windows out, installed easy to use thermopane window vents and the three glass block windows loo like new. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced the jalousie windows in existing glass block windows with new thermopane vents in a house we were renovating.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi
    Bald Eagle Masonry

For over a decade, Bald Eagle Construction has been widely known as the go-to expert for a wide variety of construction projects in Chicago and the Chicagoland area. We’re also proud to be the leader in handling City of Chicago building code violations. From taking care of fixing the issues straight through to dealing with the paperwork. For you that means you not only get the job done to our exacting specifications – you’ll also be assured that any project we start will comply fully with all Chicago Building Department regulations. 11 employees. Uses subs for specialty work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's list discount. Award winning.

Coast to Coast Masonry Group Inc

Coast To Coast Masonry Group, Inc. provides top quality masonry restoration services to a variety of clients throughout the Chicago land area for over 23 years. We remain committed to the traditional values of client satisfaction that have earned a solid reputation in the masonry industry. Based on quality, time completion, excellent service, integrity and client satisfaction.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Sales & Installation Of Replacement Windows, Doors, Glass Block, Provia & Albany Doors, Bertch Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry Sales.