Homewise Remodelers, Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2009

2841 N Pulaski Rd Unit CN

Chicago, IL 60641

home remodeling201960005
Kitchen remodel that included all new cabinetry, quartz countertops, electric work, appliance installation and flooring.

Chicagoland's Most Reliable Home Improvement Company servicing the City of Chicago and most suburbs. We specialize in full remodels of kitchens, bathrooms, condos and basements. We do not offer repair work or partial remodels....
Arlington Heights Kitchen Remodel project

Northbrook Basement Remodel project
Northbrook Basement Remodel

basement remodeling

201860062

home remodeling (69)basement remodeling (9)plumbers (20)electrician (19)countertop installation (19)tile installation (19)lighting (16)drywall (16)flooring (15)cabinet makers (11)marble & granite (10)interior painting (9)

04/08/2022

Jan O.

If I could give more than 5 stars I would do so. The owner of this company, Mirek (Miro), was fabulous. From the first time I contacted him through the end of the project, Miro responded quickly every time I called, emailed or sent him a text. He is friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He helped me with the design of both bathrooms and made great suggestions on what could be done. He has many resources for materials but there was absolutely no pressure from him to utilize any of his sources. Those I did use were fantastic and reasonably priced. The workers, Mario and Andy, were terrific. They were friendly and respectful and were as quiet as they could possibly be, given they completely gutted and rebuilt 2 bathrooms on the second floor of my home. There wasn’t anything those 2 guys couldn’t do from plumbing to electric to construction. They were as meticulous with their work as though they were working in their own homes. They cleaned up every day before they left for the day. Miro and his team showed up when they said they would, finished the project in a timely manner and responded to every question I asked or special request I made. They are so talented and knowledgeable, when they encountered a major plumbing problem, that was no fault of theirs, they were able to repair the issue without the need to bring in a plumber. I can’t say enough about how fine a job Miro and his team did for me. You may find a cheaper company, but you won’t get the quality that Miro provided and at a very fair price. I will definitely call Miro again in the future.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of 2 bathrooms

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,glass repair,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 39691180

04/01/2022

Steve G.

Could not have been happier with how this entire (large and complex) rehab was managed. This is the 3rd major rehab I have done over the years (one house, another condo) and this, by far, was the best experience. What I appreciated most was Miro's hand-on involvement throughout the entire project. He advice on areas of how to save money (and still get what I wanted) to being on-site constantly to oversee the work. And, the attention to detail and quality of work was well worth every penny. I spoke (interviewed) several contractors before starting this project. Homewise was not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I really feel that the money I spent was well spent when I factor in the quality of work, the attention to detail, and Miro's ongoing guidance and commitment to ensuring I was getting what I wanted. The place was recently completed and I am excited to move it. It is simply beautiful thanks to Miro and Homewise. You can not go wrong working with this top-notch group.

Description of Work
Completely gutted a high-rise condo. New kitchen (cabinets, appliances, floor) two full bathroom remodels, refinished the existing floors, new interior doors, replaced all of the existing ceiling lights and all new baseboards. Repainted the entire unit (floors/walls). Total gut job.

Category remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 39682106

09/16/2021

Natalie C.

Mirek and his crew were amazing! They did a fabulous job. Very neat and professional. I would definitely use this company for future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category bathtub refinishing,countertops,drywall,lighting,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 39476468

03/07/2021

Jill W.

Great, really great. We worked with this company once before to go a wet bar in the basement, it turned out georgeous. It was so nice that we realized the other side of the basement was old and run down. The old wall had an old gas fireplace and the wall had a weird shelf/ledge that did not make sense. We needed to redo the drywall up to the ceiling, have built in cabinets, put in a new modern sleek gas fireplace, surround the fireplace with marble and put in new stone hearth. Also had to redo some ceiling lights on that side of the basement and wire electricity to a closet to put our electronics, playstation etc., to make a media closet. It is so nice, and we spend so much more time there. Now we are saving to re-do our kitchen, and will use this company again.

Description of Work
Remodel part of our basement, a wall with fireplace and TV.

Category bathtub refinishing,custom cabinets,drywall,electrician,marble & granite,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2021

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 39233746

02/03/2021

Lauren R.

Mirek and his team were absolutely amazing. We initially hired Homewise Remodelers to tackle our master bathroom. The final product was exactly what we were hoping for, the work was impeccable, the crew was always respectful and punctual, and everything finished on schedule. We were so happy with the work they did that we decided to hire them again to redo a bathroom in our basement and refresh our laundry room. If you are looking for an extremely trustworthy contractor that gets the job done beautifully, hire Homewise Remodelers! We will always use Mirek and his team for our future remodeling needs.

Description of Work
Two Bathroom Remodels (Master Bathroom and Basement Bathroom)

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 39173780

12/09/2020

Lauren S.

We just finished a kitchen and bathroom renovation with Homewise - our second time using them for remodeling work. We could not be happier with the outcome and highly recommend them. The main reasons we find them so great to work with are: 1. They ask you to shop for your own materials, fixtures, and appliances instead of forcing a purchase from a showroom that's either wildly expensive or limited in options. This allows you to put your own personality (and budget!) into the design. 2. Mirek is incredibly responsive; he always replies or calls back immediately, including when we had a plumbing snafu (thanks, ancient pipes) late at night. 3. Mario and Andy, who worked on our home, are very trustworthy, clean, and prompt, in addition to being skilled at what they do. 4. The pricing is VERY fair. 5. The outcome is beautiful with absolutely no issues or disappointments!!

Description of Work
Full kitchen & bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

08/18/2020

Henry D.

Working with Homewise Remodelers was an amazing experience from bid to finish. My wife and I had just bought a condo 4 months prior. We had bought it knowing that the kitchen and flooring needed to be remodeled. We had never gone through working with a general contractor before so we meticulously researched. Everyone told us that contractors were unreliable, never finish on time, and expect to pay up to 20% over the initial quote. Going in with this expectation, I spent hours looking for Chicago contractors on Angie's List and Thumbtack. We settled on 7 different contractors to get bids from. The entire job cost was quoted to us from $30,000 to $80,000 depending on the contractor. Mirek (Homewise Remodeling) was head and feet above all of the other contractors we interviewed in every way. He was the fastest to come in to survey. He was very big picture and honest upfront. His communication skills were unmatched by all of the other contractors we met. He was meticulous with detail and talked us out of doing things in a more expensive way. We received computer comps from the 3 final contractors we liked. Only Mirek's had every single detail we discussed and was spot-on. The others missed half the things we said and worse, their measurements were off. We initially were thinking of going with the cheapest contractor but quickly realized after talking to them for a week that they were extremely unreliable and were going to likely overcharge things on the back end and not do things correctly (which I found was the case in many of their reviews on Thumbtack. They either asked for more money or quit on the project halfway through). Homewise Remodelers quoted less than the 50th percentile of quote prices. So Homewise was not the cheapest choice but also definitely not even close to the most expensive quote we got. But based on what I know now, it was the best choice in terms of being done right, timely, with the highest quality, and with no surprise costs. You get what you pay for. When it came to doing the job, Mirek used very thorough and timely subcontractors for flooring. Mirek would frequently show up at our condo to troubleshoot things with the cabinet installation guys. We discovered that the floor-to-ceiling height on one side of our kitchen was 1.5" off from the opposite side. Mirek planned with the carpenters to sightly grade the cabinets across the room in such a way that the counter-tops ended up perfectly balanced across, and appeared flush from floor to ceiling as if the condo was actually built level. The attention to detail was astounding from start to finish. Homewise Remodelers finished our project 1 week early, for exactly the price quoted (plus $1000) for changes we wanted mid-project), and it came out better than we imagined. Feel free to reach out with me for questions or as a reference for this contractor. We will for sure use this company for all of our future work.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, expand hardwood flooring and re-stain

Category countertops,hardwood floor,lighting,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Review for Homewise Remodelers, Inc - 2841 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL - 38805825

07/24/2020

Chris W.

Homewise remodeled our kitchen on time and on budget. They worked with us from design to construction and the final product was just what we wanted. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remdel

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

02/22/2020

Carol R.

I could not have been more happy with the work performed by Homewise Remodelers. I reached out to 6-8 contractors and only 2 responded to me. One to tell me my job was too small and the other was Mirek from Homewise. I had been purposely vague with my inquires as I didn't want to be "sold" on what I needed to have done. I wanted someone who would be consultative. And while I wouldn't generally go with the first person to respond, I knew it was the right choice in this situation. Mirek was very responsive and came out right away to provide a quote. The quote was fair and knowing I had a good gut feeling about Mirek (and reading other reviews), I hired Homewise. The work was done on time and in budget. His crew was delightful. If you're going to have people in your home everyday, you want the guys I had. They were polite, respective and most importantly, craftsmen. I'm very happy with the work and my new kitchen. (If you're an animal person, you'll get this. But the one thing that stressed me most about doing this work was the effect on my animals. I worried about them escaping out an unattended door or just being stressed in general. After watching the crew interact with my critters, my worry was instantly negated. Just an added detail to note how thoughtfully the work was done.)

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile,countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

01/09/2020

Kirsten B.

I just finished celebrating the holidays and they were made so much better with my new kitchen from Homewise Remodeling. We have used Homewise once before, so when we moved into a new home that needed a full gut rehab of the kitchen, there was no hesitation to call them again. I didn’t think it was possible to exceed my expectations since we had already seen their quality work, and consideration for a home in the past. But they did exceed. When we opened up the walls, we found a lot of issues with the plumbing. Mirek quickly assessed the situation and we figured out what had to be done. It was an upcharge since that work was out of scope from the initial bid, but it was a fair estimate. The work was done and then we proceeded to the rest of the job. Whenever you do a big rehab like this, you will encounter unexpected things. But Homewise doesn’t hand you problems. They give you solutions. And they are fair in their price and their options. Despite a challenging schedule due to the unexpected plumbing issues, they managed to finish it up about a week before Thanksgiving. I was able to cook and entertain my extended family in total confidence, knowing the work had been done well. I cannot recommend Homewise Remodeling strongly enough. I have used them for 2 full kitchens, a family room bar area, and two bathrooms. Every job done well, timely, and with incredibly kind and thoughtful workers. Not to mention the results are gorgeous!

Description of Work
We needed a full gut-rehab of our kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, basement finishing, general remodeling.

No handyman services or repair work.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available