Harmonious Decorating & Remodeling Inc

4.3

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2008

7218 W Touhy Ave

Chicago, IL 60631

We are a local general contractor based out of Chicago, IL. We specialize in interior & exterior painting, unique mineral brick staining/restoration, kitchen and bath remodeling, home additions, and new construction. We have been in business for over 30 years; since 1983. We, at Harmonious Decorating & Remodeling, are dedicated to the customers' complete satisfaction with every job we perform. We design specialty, one-of-a-kind creations that make your living spaces unique and comfortable and, overall, enhance the value of your home. We work with residential and commercial clients in the Chicago Metro area as well as the surrounding suburbs. We are specialists in our field, which means we pay extra attention to detail and draw from our years of experience. When we come into your home or office, we take care to prepare our work area, clean up thoroughly at the end of each work day, and complete each job as efficiently as possible. Request a free estimate today and ask us about our unique brick staining certification to give any interior or exterior element a face lift....

4.3

4.4

interior painting (548)drywall (171)handyman (137)tile installation (114)home remodeling (110)woodworking (93)house painting (73)plumbers (57)deck cleaning (51)electrician (48)flooring (47)decks & porches (40)

07/30/2021

Client F.

I’ve used Harmonious several times. They’re my go-to for quality home maintenance projects Always very responsive and transparent, timely and does what is needed to ensure the job is done right. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
drywall basement ceiling, can lights, painting

Category drywall,electrician,insulation,remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

Thank you for the review. It's always a good experience to work for you and we appreciate your business! Please call us for any future projects you may have! Thanks So Much, Ron

07/08/2021

Mel D.

Crew did the good job on paint work also done well job on plastering the fixings the wall

Description of Work
plaster repairs and painting Condo

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2021

03/02/2021

DANIEL F.

Overall the project went well. It was done in a timely fashion. The contractor from Ron's firm was experienced and fair. The job was done in a good quality. However, one recommendation is to make sure to write down scope of work thoroughly so you will not get into argument later. Ron is a nice guy overall but tends to forgets some details after a few days. You should not rely on verbal agreement whatsoever.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling, Load Bearing Wall Replacement, Framing, Plumbing, Drywall

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

10/10/2020

Lillian G.

The person they sent Steve and his accomplices slapped paint on my once beautiful floor. He was more concerned with conniving more money from me with lies and fear mongering. He seemed to be on something. When he left so did one of my designer bags. I had to put a stop payment on the check and hire someone else to finish the job. I would just like to say that I went thru Angie's List with confidence that the job would be done professionally and timely. I am disappointed that that company is on your list. I was told that Steve was the company's Southside man. What, he's sent to rip off black people and the elderly? My rating beyond, below, awful, horrible, despicable,

Description of Work
I needed them to paint 4 rooms and 2 staiways.

Category architect,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

This client has made up so many of her comments. My painter said she was on something. She made him do extra work and she didn’t want to pay him for it. The Job was for $1,400.00 not $1,900.00 as she claims. She paid me in full and then she stopped the check saying that the Job was not finish, when I volunteered to come and view the Job to finish it, she said no that she hired someone else! That was a lie. I asked her why did you pay us in full if we weren’t finished she just said she wasn’t Feeling well. I am in the process of having my Lawyer send a letter for immediately payment or we will put a mechanical Lien on her property! I always try to make my Customers happy and I will go back and touch up anything that was contracted for! This Lady would rather hold on to the balance and get most of the work for free by making up stories to have excuses not to pay as she should of? It was a job well done as I saw the pictures he took! Thank you Ron Management

07/21/2020

Sandra M.

The two workers did a very professional job. Very pleasant and knowledgeable about the job.

Description of Work
ceiling repair and painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 07/19/2020

06/26/2020

Derrick W.

The process was really smooth and easy the response time on the on the phone was really quick. They showed up on time for the job and the quality of the work was perfect. I would definitely use them again for any of my housing needs.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Remodeling - General

Category remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

06/24/2020

William S.

The service was great and they did a excellent job on my deck!!

Description of Work
Deck Maintenance

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Thank you for the review. We really appreciate your business. please feel free to contact me with any other projects you may have! Stay safe. Ron

06/24/2020

David H.

Harmonious Remodeling far exceeded my expectations. The thing I appreciated most was the clear communication. Whenever anything unexpected came up, they let me know immediately, presented me with options, and let me choose. I'm reasonably handy, and all of the unexpected issues were completely legitimate. I've had contractors in the past where I felt like they were constantly trying to take me for a ride, making up issues to drive up the price. Harmonious did not do this. They've earned my trust. The quality of the work was excellent. It looks phenomenal. Next time I have a project, they're going to be my first and only call.

Description of Work
Laminated Flooring, drywall repair, painting

Category drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/16/2020

Carlos A.

Other than the punctuality on two of the four days, the work was completed in a professional manner. The carpenter was extremely professional and his work was impeccable, often providing recommendations and helpful input. Hector was great to work with and very professional. He explained the process and always asked if we had a preference on where to start for the day. I would highly recommend their services. (picture is only walls and baseboard)

Description of Work
Painting of walls, ceilings, baseboard, trim, and installation of new baseboard + trim

Category drywall,plastering,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Review for Harmonious Decorating & Remodeling Inc - 7218 W Touhy Ave, Chicago, IL - 38648597

04/23/2020

Tyler B.

Ron helped us through the process from beginning to end, From choosing the right flooring and paint to getting it all installed. Ron seems to have the right person for whatever job you need done and was able to get them on site rather quickly. Ron and his crew were easy to work with even with a few changes or additions requested midway through the job. Two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Painting & Laminate wood flooring (2000 sq. Ft.)

Category flooring contractor,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

Thank you for the review we really appreciated your business and working with you. Feel free to call me for any future projects you may have.

Interior and Exterior Painting, Certified Brick Staining and Restoration Expert, Full Kitchen & Bathroom remodeling, Home Additions, IKEA Kitchen Cabinet Installation, Amish Custom Cabinets, Hardwood Flooring, Drywall, Concrete, Plaster Repair, Woodwork Refinishing, Wallpaper Removal, Wallpaper, Power Washing, Carpentry & Decks.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check