Hardt Electric Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2008

4909 N Elston Ave.

Chicago, IL 60630

Quality Service since 1973. We enjoy helping Residential Customers, Business Owners and Builders. This includes everything from a minor electrical repair to a complete rewire or new installation. *When contacting us via the message center please provide a phone number so that we may provide you exceptional service.*...

electrician (266)lighting (76)basement remodeling (1)

03/31/2022

Tre' H.

Todd did an excellent job. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and a good communicator. He listen to me explain exactly what I wanted done. He gave me his expert advice, and quickly got the job done.

Description of Work
Installed electrical outlet and lighting fixtures.

Work Completed On 03/15/2022

01/20/2022

Tosha J.

I recently bought a condo and the electrical wiring was a complete mess. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am to have had Todd be our electrician! Todd was able to immediately identify, explain and fix the issues. He is extremely professional and takes great pride and ownership in his work. He will forever be my electrician. Do yourself a favor and hire Todd. You will save yourself a lot of unnecessary hassle!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

11/01/2021

Tosha J.

Todd is AMAZING! I was without electricity and Todd literally helped me over the phone. He walked me through the process of testing my circuit breakers. He could have easily came out and overcharged me. He has integrity and he’s fair. I’m thoroughly impressed with Todd’s ethics. I will definitely use Todd’s services again when I need an electrician.

Description of Work
Electricity

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

10/06/2021

Michael W.

Great! I would highly recommend them! The Technician was Todd who was very knowledgeable and a true professional.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

12/30/2020

Bridget W.

Worked hard and quickly, would hire again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

09/11/2020

Callan C.

Todd did an amazing job with my project. He was communicative, incredibly fast and fixed a number of problems with my electrical that were discovered as he was doing his work. I was especially impressed because I had old, smart light switches that seemed to have complicated technology. I just wanted them swapped to analog. He totally nailed it and was very thoughtful with arranging the new switches in a logical way.

Description of Work
Replacement of a houseful of old, deteriorated smart light switches with new

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

09/09/2020

BETH P.

Todd was very helpful. All fixed and ready to use our heater!

Description of Work
Fixed an outlet, advised on power needs for outdoor heater

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/09/2020

Melissa C.

Todd was on time, friendly, and informative. He walked me through everything he was doing and then gave me the best recommendation based on my needs/budget. I would definitely recommend him to a friend or family member and would hire him again for future work.

Description of Work
Outlet replacement

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/05/2020

Heather G.

Todd was extremely knowledgeable, and great to work with. He knew what he was doing and was able to explain anything that was happening. He was also responsive if to the projects as they were getting fixed, and great with communication. I highly recommend using Todd for Hardt Electronics. I am very pleased with all the quality work.

Description of Work
I needed 3 old ceiling fans that were improperly wired taken down and replaced w/ new ceiling fans. We also had a small hanging light to install in old hook up that needed reworking.

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Review for Hardt Electric Inc - 4909 N Elston Ave., Chicago, IL - 38775133

08/03/2020

Brian Q.

Great service, prompt. I would definitely recommend using Todd.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets installed

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

06/25/2020

Kathleen C.

Redid installation of two ceiling fans done by a handy man. He also installed a camera doorbell.

Description of Work
Todd is on time, efficient, capable. I highly recommend.

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

06/25/2020

Michael T.

Todd came out right on time, had a mask, and got to work. After going above and beyond (replacing sockets then re-securing to brick siding), he asked if there was other work, as the minimum charge was 2 hours and he was done in just under 1 hour. I didn’t have any other work to be done but even the offer was nice. I still thought money well spent, despite time needed. Fair and fast!

Description of Work
Outdoor outlets replaced

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

06/21/2020

Rob R.

Todd was very professional, showed up on time and did the job right. He answered all my questions, explained the work and finished everything I needed done. Great experience.

Description of Work
Add an electric panel in my garage

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

05/20/2020

Erin and Andrew P.

Electrician Todd and his assistant Adam did an outstanding job. They both arrived on time, were very courteous and professional, and worked hard to complete the job in one day. I received numerous quotes from other companies and although Hardt Electric’s was the highest, I know in my heart that I made the right choice. Todd is a master and he takes pride in his work. I know the job was done properly. I will definitely use Hardt Electric should any further electrical needs arise.

Description of Work
Upgraded the existing 100 amp electrical service to home with a 200 amp service.

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

05/17/2020

DAVID S.

Todd took my call and was able to come by later that same day. I had been having a circuit breaker fail repeatedly in my kitchen and had attempted to swap what I figured was a bad GCFI outlet tied to my ceiling can lights. Since the problem was persisting I figured a pro was needed to chase down the culprit. Todd came with the necessary PPE (gloves & mask) and kept his distance during the whole process. After reviewing my troubleshooting, he confirmed that I had targeted the problem (an outside outlet that had water damage) and made the swap. He was able to repair some other items while at the house during the 2 hour minimum period and all ended well. I'd hire again for sure, but only wish that they'd do a more reasonable 1 hour minimum for shorter items like the one I had.

Description of Work
Breaker troubleshooting and outlet replacement

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

03/13/2020

William W.

He was very good. I would recommend him to anyone. He came out when he said he would and was very knowledgeable. His quote was fair and he stuck to it after doing a great job.

Description of Work
Replace 2 ground faults and rehang a ceiling.

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

01/31/2020

Eric B.

Hardt's electrician Todd was able to come out and fix this issue for us on short notice. He did a great job on a difficult wiring problem, and was able to investigate, diagnose a reliable solution and complete the job quite quickly. I highly recommend Todd for his skill, general know-how and integrity. Seems honest and reliable.

Description of Work
We had a complicated electrical issue in our condo, where our furnace was connected to the building's shared meter electrical panel and we needed to reroute it to our own unit's electrical panel.

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

12/26/2019

Robert C.

Great. 1. They were the only company out of three that replied back to my request for quote on Angie's List. 2. He was friendly and answered the first time I reached out to him 3. He was HONEST. He explained a simple was I could do it myself to resolve the issue, rather than trying to charge me to come out. I would definitely recommend Hardt just on those three qualities alone. I will be remodeling my unfinished basement after tax return season, and he will be the first company I reach out to when I am ready to run electrical.

Description of Work
I need ground wires run for the inside of my house in order to use smart switches

Work Completed On 12/26/2019

12/19/2019

BRENT M.

Todd helped me fix my light issue.....over the phone!! He told me exactly what the problem was and told me what to buy from Lowe’s. It worked perfectly. I had previously called a local electrician that wanted to charge $150 just to come out. Todd saved me a ton of money. Thanks for your generosity! I have finally found a new electrician.

Description of Work
Light switch repair

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

12/11/2019

Michael H.

Todd C. was the service technician I first talked to when I called Hardt Electric. He told me when he would be out to do the repairs and arrived that day right on time. He got the work done and upgraded some of the wiring in the garage to meet code. All light fixtures in the house were repaired. Work was done in a timely and professional manner. He charged a fair price for the work. I'm pleased and will use Hardt Electric again.

Description of Work
needed to fix electric circuit that powered garage door opener and lights. Also needed to repair several light fixtures in my house

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

01/02/2019

anne P.

Todd explained everything clearly, fixed the problems in a prompt, effiecient way. I would definitely call Hardt Electric again

Description of Work
door bell installation, outlet repair, lighting maintenance

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

12/12/2018

TJ C.

I called to schedule 12/12. They told me they couldn't get to me until late January. I'll try to find someone who's available - sounds like either they understaffed or don't want small business. I gave them a C because they at least answered the phone.

Description of Work
Variety of small residential electric repairs

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

10/19/2018

Sean G.

Everything went very well. I was able to schedule an appointment with Todd very quickly. He called letting me know when he would arrive. Arrived on time and did an excellent job-performed work needed in an efficient and professional manner. Was very knowledgeable and helped me figure out the solution to my problem-wrong outlets in the basement. He replaced the 3 outlets, added a breaker to the fuse box, and did all necessary wiring, even labeled each outlet, so we know what fuse it corresponds to. Great attention to detail. Hardt will now be my go to for all electrical needs. I highly recommend Todd and Hardt Electric Inc.

Description of Work
3 electrical outlets changed, wiring, fuse added