HandiCo Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since December 2001

2140 W Fulton St

Chicago, IL 60612

For almost 20 years, HandiCo is the Chicago neighborhood handyman that people trust the most. HandiCo is a referral-based company that provides hourly service or quoted jobs to meet your needs. 12 Employees. May use subs for special projects such as roofing. Cost is determined by the job. Additional E-mail: info@handicoinc.com. Additional services: Roofing, Gutter Heating Coils, Fencing, Gutter Cleaning & Repair, Ceiling Fans, Tiling, Grout, Caulk, Concrete, Countertops, Doors, Lighting, Windows, Plaster, Sewer Rodding, Drain Rodding, Handyman...

4.4

handyman (494)electrician (116)plumbers (95)drywall (93)interior painting (77)door installation (73)lighting (61)woodworking (57)ceiling fan installation (36)tile installation (31)deck cleaning (26)house painting (22)

08/26/2021

Vera T.

I was very pleased with their service. The handymen were knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They came in on time, got right to work and did it well. I will be calling HandiCo again and again, now to perform larger projects in my new condo! It was a real blessing to have found this company.

Description of Work
- replace old single handle faucet in bathroom sink with new 2-handle faucet. - caulk bathroom sink splash with silicone. - uninstall large built-in microwave above the oven range (this task requires 2 persons), remove the mounting bracket from the back wall, and haul away the appliance.

Category appliance repair,handyman service,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

03/07/2021

Alan T.

Horribly. When caulking the bathtub, he broke the ceramic tiles on the wall and started getting ******. Instead of replacing the toilet flange, he just tightened the joints without even getting to the flange. Instead of fixing the leaky sink, he just put a bunch of plumber's putty underneath.

Description of Work
A few small things such as caulking a bathtub, replacing a toilet flange, and a leaky sink repair

Work Completed On 09/23/2016

Hi [Member Name Removed], I believe you have us confused with another contractor. We did not perform this work for you. We have no record of your name or your address.

10/06/2019

Kristine S.

Great company all around. Demond did a fantastic job with our minor lighting project. Everything looks perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Install wall sconce; swap out vanity lights in master bathroom

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

07/26/2019

STEVEN M.

We have used this company five or six times before over the last few years. Each time they got more and more difficult to deal with. We had good experiences with the workers but terrible experiences with the office people. Very unprofessional and unresponsive to even setting up a service call. We won’t use them ever again.

Description of Work
Small home repairs

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

07/15/2019

Jeffry D.

After my building had a power shut down for a maintenance issue (while I was out of town), I returned to a ceiling fan and a pendant light not working. Both had been installed by HandiCo several years ago, so I thought of them first as I had been very pleased. After I emailed them, describing the issues, they got back to me right away. "Mike" said, "Rates are $96/hr, three hour minimum plus materials. Would suggest having a new fan and new pendant light ready as long as the switch good getting power to them there is not usually much to repair on the units themselves. Let us know if that works and will propose a date for later in July. They wanted me to purchase new items without troubleshooting? I called another company on Angie's list. Both the fan and the pendant were able to be repaired. The fan needed only a $56 receiver (as opposed to a new $400+ replacement fan) and he was also able to repair the pendant. I was charged for labor - $125 per hour, but no minimum number of hours, plus the purchased part. It took two hours, including the hour trip to Home Depot to purchase the part.

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan and a pendant light repaired

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

04/08/2019

Barbara B.

This was first time using HandiCo, and I was very pleased with their responsiveness, professionalism and the quality of work done. Previously had used neighborhood handyman, who is very inexpensive, but the work is poor. I do not use him anymore and HandiCo was recommended by a neighbor. I am lining up more jobs that need to be done and definitely will use HandiCo again.

Description of Work
Needed to replace storm door.

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

03/11/2019

Mario H.

Handyman was punctual and worked quickly. I was really pleased with his work. It was solid job and aesthetically pleasing as well.

Description of Work
Electrical conduit, junction box, and motion detector light install

Category electrician

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

02/25/2019

Eric K.

I have used HandiCo Inc. for many jobs and they always do fantastic work. They offer complete perfection. Each job has been completed with true excellence. Their people are always on time and get the job done perfectly with no time wasted. No matter what I ask them to do, they have no problem doing it-and I have asked them to some difficult jobs. I have also asked them to do some small jobs. It doesn’t matter. They get it right no matter the size and scope of the work. They always take their shoes off when they enter the house. They always clean up after the job is done. I am a very high maintenance person. I want perfection and with HandiCo Inc. I get it.

Description of Work
Painting, fixing a stove fan, redoing the bottom of a wall, electrical work, fixing the doors on a wardrobe, and many other jobs.

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,plastering,remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

02/12/2019

Jonathan B.

Handico responded quickly to my online inquiry. After exchanging a few emails to get the details down, we had something scheduled and the job was completed just a few days after I contacted them. Andrew arrived during the promised window of time in the afternoon and was easy to work with. We're happy with the work that was done and would definitely hire again the next time something comes up. The reason we had a hole in our wall in the first place and needed new insulation was because we had a pipe freeze and a plumber had to open the wall to thaw it. Given the cold weather in Chicago it was especially helpful to have this fixed up and the wall closed soon. Hopefully the insulation and vent will prevent our problem from recurring.

Description of Work
We needed insulation installed in a wall, followed by a drywall patch, and a vent.

Category drywall,handyman service,insulation

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

08/13/2018

Kathy C.

Fantastic. Demond arrived on time, was efficient and knowledgeable about everything that had to be done. The company allowed 3 hours for him to complete the work; he finished in 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was charged just for the time he worked.

Description of Work
A myriad of work: a little plumbing, a little carpentry, a little general handyman odd jobs.

Category handyman service,plumbing

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

Handyman, Electrical, Faucets and Fixtures, Carpentry, General, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Drywall, Interior & Exterior Painting, Deck Sealing, Staining, Repair, & Maintenance, Pressure Washing

Hardwood floors, appliance repair, built-ins.

Check, Visa, MasterCard