Green Works, LLC.

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2010

1316 W Fargo Ave

Chicago, IL 60626

Green Works offers Heating, Cooling, Solar and Geothermal services in the Chicagoland area. Based in Rogers Park, we provide quality and friendly service at a competitive price....

01/28/2020

Deanna N.

Our old thermostat stopped working and we had an Ecobee 4 what we had been meaning to install - called Greenworks at 7AM - and they were at our house in an hour - installed and set up the new thermostat including the power controller. Ismael was very courteous and was able to get it to work when it did not initially. Very pleased! So glad I called them.

Description of Work
Smart Thermostat Installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your business and hope to serve your HVAC needs in the future!

08/26/2017

Beth C.

We've hired Greenworks for years in two different condos for both routine maintenance and big ol' disasters. They are always kind, prompt and explain all your options. They never tried to push me to replace a failing hot water heater or furnace but instead offered a tune up at a fraction of the cost.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance on furnace, a/c and hot water heater ; install tankless hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

02/13/2017

SANDRA D.

Julian (Green Works) is a true problem solver, skilled in his profession, honest, very professional, efficient, knowledgeable, extremely intelligent, a thinker and above all, he has integrity. As I have found out repeatedly, mediocrity (at best) appears to be the norm in the HVAC world. Not so with Green Works. His price was reasonable but to be honest, no matter what the cost, I would and will have him return in a heartbeat. The work done and the problem solving was superb. Julian and his associate, Mario, performed the work at my place on February 3, 2017, on time and on the scheduled day. I had a new furnace (Lennox 96% efficiency) installed by another well-known HVAC company on August 6, 2016 replacing my 10-year-old 93% efficiency Goodman. I had used this company for the last 10 years for yearly maintenance and other things (not critical such as this) so they were quite familiar with my system. Per this company, I needed a $3000 dollar part or a new furnace would be $6800. The recommendation was made that I replace the furnace especially since I had just retired and wanted to keep future large expenses to a minimum. I will not bore the readers with the problems that I had with the first company. That will be covered in their review and is not relevant to the quality of work done by Julian and Green Works. However, I do need to explain briefly what happened with the initial installers and why I had to call in another HVAC company. Since Chicago had had a mild fall, I didn’t fully realize the implications of this installation until November. My bedroom is directly above the furnace/storage room. The furnace vibrated the entire room, so much so that one could actually see and feel the chair vibrating and feel the floor vibrating. I called in the installing company again. They tried various remedies to fix it with their final recommendation being that I needed to put in a new cold air return, at my cost ($1200) and perhaps even a canvas connector (approximately an additional $2000), none of which I needed with my other furnace. Their suggestions for repair were unacceptable due to the layout of my system and all of the extra costs. That was their “final offer”. Needless to say, I could not have this furnace continue to vibrate my 110-year-old building and supporting structures and I could not trust this company to “fix” a problem that they caused and were unwilling to take responsibility for. So I started educating myself and looking for someone who could perhaps fix the problem. The Lennox company was not very helpful. Basically, the Lennox furnace that was installed in my building was too powerful for the existing system and short of reinstalling another appropriately sized and brand of furnace, "band-aid" remedies had to be attempted. It is rather like taking two additional medications to correct the side effects of another medication you are taking. I just happen to find Green Works and Julian via Yelp and Angie’s list. Not only did he come out to the house, spend a whole hour with me diagnosing the issues, making viable suggestions that would work for my system but he also answered every last one of my questions via e-mail and phone. Julian gave it much thought but quickly came up with an innovative idea for a return installation that did not take up 12 feet of shelving and a file cabinet in the storage room which the first company had wanted to do. And, very important, the return did not cause unbearable noise in the family room as he insulated it and, as I said, had an thoughtful and innovative idea for installing it that prevented this problem. In fact, the noise from the new return was non-existent. There is more. The new cold air return did not totally stop the vibration. It greatly improved it but there was still a slight tremor. Remember, my concern about the vibration was the effect over time on the supporting structures of my building. The canvas connectors would eliminate the vibration but at a major cost. Julian came up with another idea that he thought might help and would only cost $200 at the most. It was worth a try. This was basically a “padding” at the top of the plenum. However, the furnace and plenum had been installed so tightly against the wood supports that he could not get the “padding” in. The good news is that by manipulating the metal on the plenum and loosening some attachments between the wood joists and the plenum (without compromising its integrity), he was able to eliminate the vibration in the room above it and hopefully on the building. He did not even charge me for this. He also made some other suggestions to increase the efficiency of the system which I have implemented. We both agreed to live with it as is for the next month to make sure that there were no other major issues with vibration. As I stated in the beginning, I will have Julian and Green Works back in a heartbeat. Julian and Mario were great and are good, honest and intelligent professionals.

Description of Work
Repair faulty work done by another HVAC company which included placement of another cold air return, among other things.

05/05/2016

Silas M.

One of the best experiences with a service company ever! Julian and Marco was awesome, friendly, punctual, and very competent. They came out the day after I called them, easy to make an appointment. I needed someone to service a leaking furnace humidifier. Quick $25 fix! He had the part in his truck, installed it, and he was gone in less than thirty minutes. Nothing but a positive experience. Don't think twice about giving these guys a call!

Description of Work
Marco serviced my leaking furnace humidifier.

03/08/2015

Christopher B.

If you are reading this you are in the business for HVAC services, see below for my complete experience, but in short, an outstanding company with wonderful employees, fair and honest pricing and without a doubt the best HVAC company I have ever used. Greenworks will take care of you and deserves your business. I have been using Greenwork?s for my furnace for the past 2 years for routine maintenance after moving to Chicago in mid-2013 and have had the most prompt service and fair pricing of any HVAC company I have ever used; however the reason for my review now is that on a Friday evening in the winter I came home and noticed a foul smell coming from our furnace exhaust and called Julian about it. He not only took my call at ~8pm on a Friday, he offered to come out the following morning at 8am to take a look. He was able to astutely diagnose the problem, which was that the furnace heat exchanger was malfunctioning, unsafe, leaking gas, and the unit needed to be replaced and could no longer be used. He communicated all of this to me in a way that I understood and offered options for furnace replacement that same day. Now this was a Saturday morning and an unexpected service call for his company. However rather than rescheduling a time to replace the unit, Julian was able to find us a new unit, with a top of the line carrier (and maximum energy efficiency), install it that day at a most fair price. Julian took his entire day at my house installing that furnace, hauling away the old one and didn?t leave to go home until 10pm, all so that we could restore heat that night, which in my estimation is going above and beyond anything I would have expected. Having your furnace break in the middle of winter is never something you want to experience, or pay for, but I feel really good knowing that the experience I had, and the money I spent, went to such a fair and deserving company. I goes without saying that Julian and his company are outstanding, they are more than deserving of your business.

Description of Work
Evaluated and replaced a malfunctioning furnace

12/02/2014

Joseph B.

Very affordable, did job quickly, very honest, nice, family friendly. It went very well. Very high quality. Did not cut corners, did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
Replaced our AC and furnace.

02/10/2014

Suzanne C.

I chose him because I wanted to get the most energy efficient system and needed a knowledgeable and open-minded contractor (cost reflects energy efficiency upgrades and other repairs). He continues to be responsive to questions about the system over email. I will definitely use GreenWorks for future upgrades.

Description of Work
Julian came out to assess my failing furnace within a day and got me scheduled to replace it the same week. He and his assistant worked a 12+ hour day to complete the full install during our extreme 2014 winter. He was pretty knowledgeable about different products and options, and when he didn't know he helped me research. I had to make some big (expensive) decisions quickly, and he assisted, including contacting the manufacturer to find out if a product was EnergyStar.

02/06/2014

JANILE H.

Julian came to our house early one morning to diagnose the problem (uneven heat from GFA furnace). Julian determined that one large room had inadequate registers given the size of the room and number of windows. He returned a few days later and added two registers to that room. The improvement has been dramatic. To me this shows that not only is Julian professional, punctual, etc., he is also quite knowledgeable about GFA heating. I will hire Julian again in the future as needs require, and I recommend Green Works LLC wholeheartedly.

Description of Work
Diagnosed uneven heating in our house and added two registers to correct the problem.

01/03/2014

DAVID S.

Julian completed a diagnostic check of the furnace and had it repaired quickly. He was also able to repair a poorly constructed duct line, completely clean two furnaces, and replace the venting which was showing signs of rust.

Description of Work
I've hired Julian over the last five or six years to repair furnaces and air conditioners across multiple properties. He's always on time, is respectful, and provides great service. Many times he's quickly repaired furnaces and air conditioners. In one building he completely replaced the furnace. I appreciate his help and highly recommend working with him for if you need HVAC service.

06/29/2013

Steven L.

I am usually not someone who takes time to write reviews, nor am I quick to praise. But after having called Green Works to my house two different times, I have to write to say how impressed I am with Julian. The first time I called him was during the heat wave of 2012. Our AC broke down. Without much wait at all, he came and quickly diagnosed that the unit had never been installed properly. (The company that installed it admitted this was true but since the warranty was expired, they said I was SOL.) Julian fixed it ($450) and we?ve had no problems since. The second time I called Green Works was during this year?s flooding in April. Once I got several inches of water pumped out of our basement, Julian came the very next day, took the motor out of the furnace, dried it and got it working. Plus he fixed our hot water heater. Heat and hot showers! How many flood victims were able to find that kind of service? In both cases, what made Julian great was that he explained what happened and what needs to be done. Unlike most repairmen or contractors, he actually wants you to understand how things work. He?s a true craftsman who takes pride in his work, and he goes the extra mile for you. On top of it all, his prices are reasonable. I just wish there were more guys like him out there.

Description of Work
Fixed furnace and water heater after flooding.

Deljo Heating & Cooling

Serving the Chicago area for over 80 years, Deljo Heating and Cooling brings to the heating and air conditioning service sector a lifetime of experience in the perfection of our craft. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality energy efficient heating and air conditioning systems available. It is our commitment to excellence, however, that sets us apart from the competition. Whether you need to repair or replace your furnace or air conditioning system, you can count on Deljo Heating and Cooling to be there when you need us, charge you a fair and honest price and stand behind our work. At Deljo Heating and Cooling, we deliver "Peace of Mind" by virtue of everything that we do to make the environment of your home as comfortable as it can possibly be for you and your family. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call. A Deljo Comfort Specialist will be happy to help you improve the comfort level of your home environment.

Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning

Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing began as a father-son business operating out of a Chicago garage in 1971. They went from home to home repairing furnaces and air conditioners with the goal of offering their customers honest and competent service. No extra charge for 24 hr emergency service. Additional contacts: Chicago 773-413-1505 & 773-413-1028, South suburbs 708-406-3002, Southwest suburbs 815-306-2471, West suburbs 630-210-3352, North & Northwest 847-201-3222 , Northwest Indiana 219-228-8606, and (866) 444-2404. Additional emails - cs@fourseasons-chicago.com, customer.service@fourseasons-chicago.com, fs@fourseasons-chicago.com. Additional fax numbers- 773-284-9484, 847-783-0400. Additional contact names - David Musial. Additional DBAs - Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., Four Seasons Heating & Air.

Offers by Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Goode Plumbing

Goode Plumbing is open 7 days a week, with service available 24 hours a day. We specialize in service work and enjoy working with your unusual projects. Be it vintage fixtures or the latest technology, we can help. We can help with basic plumbing fixture repairs and installations as well as flood controls, seepage systems, water filtration, plumbing remodels, complete system replacements, water conservation upgrades, drain cleaning, and more! We truly care about your home and your complete satisfaction and back up our work with a Lifetime Warranty against defects in our workmanship. We will give you up front pricing rather than an estimated guess. Super Service Award winning. We have always prided ourselves in protecting our clients health and their homes, by wearing shoe covers, nitrile gloves, using floor/surface protection, and leaving the work area spotless. With the current pandemic, we have raised things to another level, by increasing the washing and sanitizing of our hands, tools, and truck interiors, and wearing a mask if you'd like!

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Green Works, LLC.

How is Green Works, LLC. overall rated?

Green Works, LLC. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Green Works, LLC. open?

Green Works, LLC. is open:

What payment options does Green Works, LLC. provide

Green Works, LLC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Green Works, LLC. offer free estimates?

Yes, Green Works, LLC. offers free project estimates.

Does Green Works, LLC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Green Works, LLC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Green Works, LLC. offer a senior discount?

Yes, Green Works, LLC. offers a 10% senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Green Works, LLC.?

Yes, Green Works, LLC. offers warranties.

What services does Green Works, LLC. offer?

Green Works, LLC. offers the following services: install and repair furnaces,boilers,residential and commercial a/c units,radiant floors systems,air cleaners, humidifires , steam humidifires ,design and install solar hot water and solar electric systems,design and install geothermal systems